Views On Astral Burning?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 ... 26 27 28
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-17 21:42:29  
What are your views on astral burning?
Is it good, bad?
Do you think new players should do it?
Think SE will "Nurf" it.

For those that don't know what ABing is.

It's basic, it's when you have 2-3 SMN form a party with a lev synth, lvl 15-18 for Korroloka tunnel. Have a High level player link all the mobs by dia one and resting in front of others. Once the train is rounded up have the HL call for help on the Giggas for example, and then you have the 2-3 SMN 2hr shiva's Diamond Thrust the CFH mob. This can easily round up players 15-30k in a matters of minutes. I know several people that have done this and gotten 1-75 in 2-3 days doing this non-stop.
 Caitsith.Surreal
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-02-17 21:49:22  
I am all for this, I plan on doing it with my bf and friend soon ^^
 Ifrit.Showmo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2009-02-17 21:54:27  
I personally enjoy it but most will look down upon it mostly because they are jealous of not being able to get into one or being able to spam it themself.

SE/GMs say that astral burn is legit because it follows the game mechanics, but rune chopper drks were also considered legit as it followed the games mechanics. However, although it was considered legal SE nerfed it an update later. If SE plans to nerf this, I'm expecting the nerf to come upcoming march updade.
[+]
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-02-17 21:56:09  
Yeah, i can see it being nerfed too lol. Better get it done asap then xD
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-17 22:00:49  
I've never seen this done, but for a player trying to level in an area with someone else doing it, it would seem fairly rude for that someone else to be mass-stealing mobs. :o But like I said, I've never seen it done before so I have no fuss with it yet.
[+]
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-02-17 22:03:46  
I wouldn't do it with another exp pt there, We plan to go when no one else is in Korroloka :O
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-17 22:06:33  
Well if no one else was there trying to level, then that would be just fine, I think. It wouldn't be hurting anybody, so why not?
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-17 22:22:59  
The tactic works in bubu as well.

Personally I feel that's the best place, since hardly anyone uses that zone to exp... most just go over to dunes. Obviously the level sync is lower, BUT what's best is that Mhaura is right there. If you have any luck, one person swaps to COR and can reload everyone's 2HR. Rinse Repeat.
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-17 22:37:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

It technically is legit, and I do see a chance of it being nerfed in the future. I find it to be clever, although the only thing I frown down upon is sweeping out the entire zone's mobs, while others who want the mobs for more legit purposes are left high and dry for repops.
 Quetzalcoatl.Arthur
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Arthur 2009-02-18 01:18:42  
Kindle said:
I know several people that have done this and gotten 1-75 in 2-3 days doing this non-stop.

I just can't believe that.(Not saying your lieing though)

1.Astral Flow is every 2hrs. Yes, you can get it back from wild card but that is NOT a 100% chance more like 25%. So you would have to keep finding more and more people to 2hr you.
2.At higher lvls astral flow is weaker and weaker compared to monsters hp. You cant wipe out the mob with just 2-3 astral flows after a while. And if you stayed at lower lvls you would keep having to find more and more people to lvl sync to.
3.Ive seen people do this and 20k seems to be the average usually a little less. In valkrum lvls.

Though if you are right, it doesn't seem fun/worth it to me. Rather boring way to get to 75..
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-18 01:23:10

Arthur said:
Kindle said:
I know several people that have done this and gotten 1-75 in 2-3 days doing this non-stop.

1.Astral Flow is every 2hrs. Yes, you can get it back from wild card but that is NOT a 100% chance more like 25%. So you would have to keep finding more and more people to 2hr you.
2.At higher lvls astral flow is weaker and weaker compared to monsters hp. You cant wipe out the mob with just 2-3 astral flows after a while. And if you stayed at lower lvls you would keep having to find more and more people to lvl sync to.
3.Ive seen people do this and 20k seems to be the average usually a little less. In valkrum lvls.

Though if you are right, it doesn't seem fun/worth it to me. Rather boring way to get to 75..

Not to mention you will be super gimp due to lack of skill ups you completely neglected on the way there.
 Bismarck.Veruna
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2009-02-18 02:09:23  
Arthur said:
Kindle said:

I giggle'd.

1. There are more ways than just corsair to get your 2-hour reset, like besieged. Also, with our luck doing it, we've had a pretty high success rate in getting them reset from corsairs, and getting other corsairs who used their 2hr reset as well.

2. There are plenty of people that have level 13 jobs (yes, level 13 is the level we sync to for the best results). Be it the people in the linkshell, or just randoms that we don't know that would like to level up fast.

3. That average seems a little low. Our usual exp income after each round is usually 25-40k exp. Depends on if chain is kept and everything goes well. Also depends on how many people there are in the set party/alliance, but our 40k was with 2 parties, 8 total people.

For the post saying your job will be screwed up because of the lack of skill and what not. That's why you sync/leech a job that you have skills leveled in. Such as if you had BLM and WHM leveled, go ahead and "Astral Burn" your RDM up. Simple as that :D

ninjaedit: Also, this isn't just for "exp", this is also a great way to get merits if your SMN is 75!
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-18 06:49:37  
Artemicion said:

Not to mention you will be super gimp due to lack of skill ups you completely neglected on the way there.

Thats the reason why SE won't nerf it. Anyone doing this to 75 will have ***for skills (both stats AND in-game skills you learn by doing your job right). Only people who would want to do this are people who got perma'd last month, wanting that Maat's Cap again, and "incouraging" (hint: forcing others to do this as a LS "event" but finding somebody to actually be at 15-17 though) others to help them get their Maat's Cap.

Oh, and RMT will do it also, since they don't really need any skill to be a bot that they are.

But besides that, I don't think SE will Nerf it at all, but if they do, then it will probably be because of the RMT factor.

Damn you RMT, Canadians, and people with bad avatars!!!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Killarutaru
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Killarutaru 2009-02-18 07:15:29  
I heard minidragon lvled PUP from 1-75 in 1-2 days doing it, but everyone was willing to lick his butt anyways. I picture 40 smns and 40 cors lined up.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
サーバ: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-02-18 07:58:12

I leveled SMN in korroloka tunnel from 25 to 66 in 3 days, 8hr work a day. Getting 2hrs back up is not an issue, just shout for a 5-10k reward upon success in whitegate and you get alot of people to try. I found it best to sync at level 11 using 4SMN+2leeches, we needed 5-7 astral flows to kill off all mobs, but seeker bats gave capped exp, and there are alot of them!

We also had 2 pullers and a giga called for help, wich we targeted to avoid hate. The only issue about this camp(at the stairs) is the jelly, so I suggest you kill it before you sync down, then get ready. good luck!
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-18 07:59:14  
Arthur said:
Kindle said:

Smart one its called Cor 2hr
 Siren.Aem
サーバ: Siren
user: alekandr
By Siren.Aem 2009-02-18 08:10:27  
Kindle said:
Arthur said:
Kindle said:

Smart one its called Cor 2hr

He said Wild Card - COR 2HR
 Siren.Aem
サーバ: Siren
user: alekandr
By Siren.Aem 2009-02-18 08:12:21  
Veruna said:

I giggle'd.

1. There are more ways than just corsair to get your 2-hour reset, like besieged. Also, with our luck doing it, we've had a pretty high success rate in getting them reset from corsairs, and getting other corsairs who used their 2hr reset as well.

Wild Card cannot be reset via Wild Card, so Cor's cannot return other Cors 2HRS =)
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-18 08:28:32  
When I browsed over the first post earlier I thought you were asking for views on using lots of Summoners to kill monsters. That's what I know Astral Burning as. Good job I made sure to read through the rest when I had more time!

Liela said:
it would seem fairly rude for that someone else to be mass-stealing mobs. :o

The majority of times I've seen people using this technique they've been linking the spiders and bats in the actual tunnel itself, not the side tunnels. This means they're not really taking anybody's experience monsters, since nobody levels off of those. I'm sure there have been some instances where people have stood on another party's toes though.

Arthur said:
Astral Flow is every 2hrs. Yes, you can get it back from wild card but that is NOT a 100% chance more like 25%. So you would have to keep finding more and more people to 2hr you.

As said, there are more ways of resetting two hours. Wild Card has 33.333333333333r% chance of resetting a two hour just for your information.

Arthur said:
At higher lvls astral flow is weaker and weaker compared to monsters hp. You cant wipe out the mob with just 2-3 astral flows after a while. And if you stayed at lower lvls you would keep having to find more and more people to lvl sync to.

Um... Level Sync? This whole paragraph is pointless.

Arthur said:
Ive seen people do this and 20k seems to be the average usually a little less. In valkrum lvls.

They weren't very good then.

Artemicion said:

Skilling up is fun! Gives you something to do other than level for the next week! (This is sarcasm, that's a good point ;p)

Korpg said:
Only people who would want to do this are people who got perma'd last month, wanting that Maat's Cap again

I fall into none of these categories and I do it. It's fun and fast, and for jobs where the low levels are a real grind (like Ninja, Thief, etc) I'm sure many people would use this method if they could.

Nothing wrong with doing this in my opinion. Square Enix need to sort their priorities out if they spend their time nerfing this.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-02-18 08:32:13  
Skillups may be gimp after getting 75 but hey, at least you can say you got smn to 75 in 2~3 days xD
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-18 09:25:55  
shoot i may do this my SMN is lvl 16 !!! lol
Just for the heck of it lol

Anyone on Gilgamesh wanna? lol
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 09:32:17  
Kindle! How could you give away my secret!?!? lol
Seems pretty interesting. Dunno if I'll try it, but seems like it'd be a great way to get merits in addition to just regular xp lvling up for those people that only have a short amount of time to play each day.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-18 09:35:03  
I'd try it for fun, not like I really am gonna be main 75 smn if i did, i like smn for fun. I have all the avatars 1/1 on each :P
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 09:36:50  
O.oa Don't you mean 2/2 x6, 1/1 x2? O.oa
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-18 09:40:30  
for avatars numbnut, I said 1/1 on each

I was 1/1 on mission diabolos too anyways
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 09:42:40  
Yeah... But to get Fenrir you have to beat all of the six elemental avatars and trade in their whispers. If you had already killed them for their pacts, you would need to kill them again for their whispers to trade in.

And please refrain from calling names. If I had any feelings, they might be hurt. >.>
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-18 09:45:15  
Ah yea forgot that so ya 2/2 on each then lol well fenrir 1/1

Sorry
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-18 09:48:25  
It's a glitch, proper actions should be taken against people abusing it.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-18 09:56:33  
Kelvinclein said:
It's a glitch, proper actions should be taken against people abusing it.

A smn 2 hour a glitch? that's like saying blm soloing a jailer is a glitch. If it doesn't cause any altering of the game, hacking, cheating, or any other thing to cause a violation, it is not a issue.

People get bent out of shape cause to me it is jealousy that one played the job all the way to 75 in pt's and soloing and when ppl figure out that they can do 2 hour xp pt its a big deal.

Get over it, its a game.
 Hades.Denaub
サーバ: Hades
user: Denaub
By Hades.Denaub 2009-02-18 09:57:09  
Seen people doing this even been asked to since my Smn is leveled. But after nearly getting banned a few weeks ago for the salvage duping my group did, there no way in hell I'll be doing it no matter how "legit" people make it sound.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 26 27 28