Views On Astral Burning?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 26 27 28
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 11:05:58  
*Grins.*

Doesn't mean they won't nerf it next update... But... This would mean there's a VERY slim chance of getting banned for it.

Btw... What do you guys put in the Help Desk thing to ask a GM something...? I always feel weird calling a GM for anything b/c the Help Desk options are so limiting! >.<!
 Titan.Rebekah
サーバ: Titan
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-18 11:10:01  
I just say i need to ask a few questions and they come right over.
and no they will not ban people for that, i asked that as well and the gm says it is not hurting the game in anyway. If you don't believe me you can call a GM they will say the same thing.
I asked all the questions I had to for burn parties as that I am a smn... Although i prefer to solo myself maybe one day I would like to use this burn party. So far I have not.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-18 11:10:16  
nerfing a 2 hour of smn is stupid, it would change alot of the bcnm's etc. they can do, especially if it were for Promies too and we all know how it sux in promy. They probably will nerf the amount of mobs you round up by having them depop either faster if they are not engaged on after a few and then that would be cooler for limiting the aggro links for everyone.

It wont be bannable because it doesnt violate anything. If it is a bot that just sits thr every 2 hours then ya ok thats an issue, but who the heck gonna sit thr 2 hours for their 2 hour, then wait for a pt etc.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 11:19:54  
Yeah, I haven't either and tbh, I hadn't thought of it until I saw this. XD
I avoid all xp'ing at all costs... So really, there's no way I would have ever thought of it. lol

Edit: So, Kelvin, you wanna leech off my Astral Burn tonight?
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-18 11:26:17  
If a GM says not, doesn't mean SE would never consider take action against this.

You're actually supposed to "PLAY" smn, not to gather mobs and AF them.
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-18 11:27:25  
I mean it is something that, Ok this AF party asked me to go with them. I don't wanna turn them down cuz it is kind of hard to get parties on smn. So i asked a GM b4 that would ever happen.
You never know what can get you banned these days so you always have to cover your back.
Also if you want to b*tch to someone about things you find to be a glitch just use the GM and stop using threads lol. If you don't know about something just ask a GM they will be happy to let you know whats good. lol

and Yes if they work for the SE then they should know alittle something about what is going on. if they say YES we know... then SE knows. LOL.
 Quetzalcoatl.Arthur
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Arthur 2009-02-18 11:28:11  
Veruna said:
Arthur said:
Kindle said:
I know several people that have done this and gotten 1-75 in 2-3 days doing this non-stop.

I just can't believe that.(Not saying your lieing though)

1.Astral Flow is every 2hrs. Yes, you can get it back from wild card but that is NOT a 100% chance more like 25%. So you would have to keep finding more and more people to 2hr you.
2.At higher lvls astral flow is weaker and weaker compared to monsters hp. You cant wipe out the mob with just 2-3 astral flows after a while. And if you stayed at lower lvls you would keep having to find more and more people to lvl sync to.
3.Ive seen people do this and 20k seems to be the average usually a little less. In valkrum lvls.

Though if you are right, it doesn't seem fun/worth it to me. Rather boring way to get to 75..

I giggle'd.

1. There are more ways than just corsair to get your 2-hour reset, like besieged. Also, with our luck doing it, we've had a pretty high success rate in getting them reset from corsairs, and getting other corsairs who used their 2hr reset as well.

2. There are plenty of people that have level 13 jobs (yes, level 13 is the level we sync to for the best results). Be it the people in the linkshell, or just randoms that we don't know that would like to level up fast.

3. That average seems a little low. Our usual exp income after each round is usually 25-40k exp. Depends on if chain is kept and everything goes well. Also depends on how many people there are in the set party/alliance, but our 40k was with 2 parties, 8 total people.

For the post saying your job will be screwed up because of the lack of skill and what not. That's why you sync/leech a job that you have skills leveled in. Such as if you had BLM and WHM leveled, go ahead and "Astral Burn" your RDM up. Simple as that :D

ninjaedit: Also, this isn't just for "exp", this is also a great way to get merits if your SMN is 75!

And doing all that in 2-3 days and getting 801,350 exp(lvl 1-75)sounds a little far-fetched you pretty much just proved my point. Besieged is not up all the time. Doing all that takes alot of time and having people willing to do it "non stop". Like I said though, if it possible in that short of time, well then gogo. I pretty much agree with kelvin its a cheap way to get lvls. Level sync was made to PLAY with people at lower levels. But if thats how you have fun, good luck. I'd do it btw, to maybe get some quick merits. 801,350 exp is a bit to much...

Nice try on the hit Kindle, learn to read before trying to flame-bait. Smart one
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 11:29:46  
Yeah, but as you wouldn't know...
A Summoner very rarely gets invites to xp at any level.
If a whm is seeking while you are, you're screwed.
If a rdm is seeking, you're screwed.
If a sch is seeking, you're screwed.
If a DD is seeking and the pt has a healer, you're screwed.

Smn can fill most slots in a pt... But any job that specializes in that area will pwn the smn and be invited first by the pt.

Edit: And btw... 802k xp is ~27-54 AF sessions if you're getting 15-30k per AF.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 12:00:11  
Good info, Rebekah. Why did they edit out their name when the GM said it though? O.oa *Points to the top of the screen.* Unless that's something else up there... >.>
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-02-18 12:01:59  
Tbest said:
Good info, Rebekah. Why did they edit out their name when the GM said it though? O.oa *Points to the top of the screen.* Unless that's something else up there... >.>

Yeah, saw that too. Nice conversation though.
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-18 12:03:10  
lol hehe I just don't like showing off my friends names. but poor her she will get over it lol
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 12:04:12  
Gonna re-post it after you edit out the name on the top? >.>
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-18 12:06:55  
idk lol tbh i don't want the person to see i messed up. LOL!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 12:08:19  
<.< >.>
*Grins.* Good thing I saved the pic.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 12:10:06  
O.O They can try! RAWR!!
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-18 12:11:57  
dmn your a mnk too... i think they wont stand a chance... last time i checked they played Rng! >.>
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-02-18 12:12:49  
Name is still on the bottom right. 2 strikes...
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-18 12:13:21  
Maybe if they Barrage > Shadowbind > Eagle Eye Shot > WS or something....

Edit: lol.. Yep. I hadn't noticed it there.
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-18 12:15:49  
hmm i fixed what i had to do, she was not a happy camper when I let her know.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/Takayumi/fix-1.png
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-18 13:47:01  
Really couldn't be bothered reading all of Kelvinclein's rubbish, here's a summary for anyone else who gave up halfway through:

Kelvinclein said:
QQQQQQQQQQ People are getting fast EXP and I'm not QQQQQ I have no good arguments QQQQQ

Hope this helps.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-18 13:58:20  
Wooooodum said:
Really couldn't be bothered reading all of Kelvinclein's rubbish, here's a summary for anyone else who gave up halfway through:

Kelvinclein said:
QQQQQQQQQQ People are getting fast EXP and I'm not QQQQQ I have no good arguments QQQQQ

Hope this helps.

lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-18 14:04:03  
*giggles*
 Ifrit.Showmo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2009-02-18 14:07:28  
Wooooodum said:

Kelvinclein said:

Hope this helps.

About sums up half of this thread or most reasons anyone is against SMNburn
 Bismarck.Veruna
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2009-02-18 14:12:21  
Showmo said:
Wooooodum said:

Kelvinclein said:

Hope this helps.

About sums up half of this thread or most reasons anyone is against SMNburn

Basically.

Anyways, we called a GM beforehand to make sure we weren't going to get ninja-LM17'd anywhere in the near future for doing this, and the GM did state that this was NOT against the rules. Screenshot of said statement has been saved of course, in case SE does decide to lay a round of bannings down, we have evidence that a GM said it was ok.

Other than that, I think we've only really had a GM contact us about the whole thing once, and that was last week. Someone complained about "lag/high latency" in the area of which our horde was at. He told us we either had to kill the group or move it to a corner or a different part of Korroloka.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 01:36:48  
lol.. oh so if SE decided to ban some of the ppl who abused of this trick, you think showing them a ss of a GM saying it's not against the rules will prevent you from getting banned?

I think this has at least to be fixed, It doesn't make sense to be skipping levels like this. I could suggest to nerf smn 2 Hr when it comes to hit more than 10+ mobs.

Like i said in almost every post i made in this thread, who actually asks "Views" about astral burning, this are my views.. Leveling up a job without playing it is wrong to what FFXI always been.

This is my opinion and always was. If i want to Merit and get 40k/h this is no trick guys i do that but i do that by playing in a merit party. If i want to level a new job i do it but i do it the way it has to be done, so by playing the job without skipping levels.

It's usually due to ppl abusing of stupid tricks like this that SE makes idiot restrinction over the game. Like when ppl were engaging/disengaging/enaging again mobs to lower delay of weapons, and they had to place that stupid delay to it. (just to make you guys figure)
 Bismarck.Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2009-02-19 02:22:32  
There's one way I can see them totally nerfing this whole situation down to not being able to do it anymore. Period. That would be making the SMN 2hr a single-target or a max target of a certain number, like 6 or so. That would either make AB slow as all hell, or take it out of the question completely.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-19 02:29:13  
Like as AF ever meant anything to the game, never been a game breaking 2hr anyway, it's just sad if they nerf it due to ppl abusing it on level sync.

Incoming 320420420 unworthy maat's cap.
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-19 02:35:29  
Kelvinclein said:
Like as AF ever meant anything to the game, never been a game breaking 2hr anyway, it's just sad if they nerf it due to ppl abusing it on level sync.

Incoming 320420420 unworthy maat's cap.

Yes ppl are abusing this Greatly!

I know people that have got 3 75s off this in basically 5 days.
 Bismarck.Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2009-02-19 03:20:57  
I guess from my point of view;

To the people who do abuse it, as in use it every day to get the previously stated "3 75's in 5 days." Go play some private server if you can't even withstand FFXI leveling, seriously.

Myself, I've only done a weekend of it, just to catch up on a subjob, and get myself up and going on blm soloing. I probably won't be doing too much more of it besides on SMN if my help is needed, if so then so be it. I probably won't be touching that job anyways.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-19 03:32:05  
Kelvinclein said:
I know people that have got 3 75s off this in basically 5 days.

Who cares how many 75's someone gets via this method? Who cares if they get a maats cap out of it? It doesn't negatively impact my character or yours at all.

Let them enjoy their e-peen, and when they try to bring those weak jobs that they have no ability to play into a regular party the world at large will see them for the frauds they are...

Honestly, I think most of us here would have no problem booting/ replacing anyone who did not play their job correctly in an exp pt, PUG event, etc. People who don't know what they're doing are pretty easy to spot.

Crying about Astral Burning breaking the game, since people can level jobs easier, is about as absurd as taking the view point that Campaign Battle and Level Sync are evil and break the game as well. There are ways in both to spam exp quickly, maybe not on the same scale but the loopholes are there.

Really how people get their job leveled should be of no concern to anyone until that person shows they have no idea of what they're doing. Until you give someone that chance to succeed or fail under their own strength none of us have any business telling other people how they should level their jobs.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 26 27 28