Assault: Desperately Seeking Cephalopods.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Assault: Desperately Seeking Cephalopods.
Assault: Desperately Seeking Cephalopods.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2010-12-17 19:45:14  
Frustration can not speak for this assault. We are currently 0/7 off of it, and have tried everything, but standing on our heads and pissing in the wind. (Next try perhaps) Ive combed wiki, BG, and every other little bit of information about this god forsaken assault, and now come to the general population for tips, tricks, hell even your personal encounters with this one.

Go go!
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2010-12-17 20:18:56  
I guess we just got lucky... I would follow the directions and fish in various spots, always got it pretty quickly.

Are there specific parts you don't understand about the tutorials on this assault?
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2010-12-18 11:18:18  
Well, in a timeline here is what we do. (Its pretty much a mirror to the wiki guide)

There is four of us, each one of us has a assigned NPC to go fish at, at the start. We go, and in between each time we fish up a monster, we check for a positive, or negitive message. Once we get a negitive message, we help out our closest teammate, once someone gets a positive message, we all go fish near there NPC.

We keep fishing untill the message changes again at this point two things happen.
1) One its on the wiki guide, the new message and we go to the general area they tell us to go to, and fish there, we have fished in the same spot the whole time, to fishing bunched together, to moving around inch by inch up the whole area that were guided to.
2) We guess by what the npc says. and do the same as above.

We have not once seen the oberon, but it seems we get a lot of Krakens, and i'm unsure if this means anything.

Ive seen people say once your in the right spot, it can take up to 20 casts to pop the oberon, but like I said above, were 0/7 now and havent even seen the thing yet. It seems a bit much.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2010-12-19 16:45:29  
:(
 Odin.Durlag
サーバ: Odin
user: durlag
By Odin.Durlag 2011-01-11 23:13:56  
Did you ever finish this one? My static is trying to do it as well only we are 0/20... :(
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2011-02-07 19:53:28  
I'll give it a shot again this week if I can find the help. Maybe there's something broken about it since I've beaten it in the past.
 Asura.Selennia
サーバ: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2011-02-07 20:11:52  
I think luck plays a part in it. When I did this, me and a friend were the ones fishing. He caught a fish(can't remember which first) then right after I reeled up the NM. No npc clues or anything, just random first cast nm. @_@
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-07 20:29:47  
Idk my group did it the first time. We kinda went there without reading the guide... so I was the only one with fishing gear since I was a lvl 100 fisherman going for ebisus I had various gear in my satchel at all times. I pretty much did 90% of the fishing and we followed the guide/hints and got it narrowed down to where it would be pretty quick then after a few casts got the right mob. You could try a bot to help you ID the wrong mobs to throw them back to save time a little
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [303 days between previous and next post]
By Kikorimo 2011-12-07 19:06:36  
I'm looking for a group to get this done. It is the only assault I am missing to get Captain rank. Please message me on here or in game on Phoenix server if you are interested, and once I have found enough people we can set a day/time to do this. (I got sick of shouting for hours on end with no response so figured I would just try posting on here.)