users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Jinpu/Koki Madness
Jinpu/Koki Madness
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-20 18:55:50  
cloud, are you using a trip att atma? i just can't see how you can hit 3x my dmg without it >_<
 Diabolos.Cloudg
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Krzkilla
By Diabolos.Cloudg 2010-12-20 21:19:56  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
cloud, are you using a trip att atma? i just can't see how you can hit 3x my dmg without it >_<

no i used VV Baying moon and ultimate, i would have used beyond but i wasnt there when my group did the NM for it. :(

Edit: im also using Hiradennotachi +2 if that makes any difference, i forgot to mention.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-20 21:36:51  
my gear set and atma were listed for my small small solo test...i just can't see how 3x my dmg is possible without drinks or something, only real diff on my atma, was SA over VV since i died on EE at 2% when my LS did it lol..
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-20 21:37:45  
300% tp ws maybe?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-20 21:39:21  
I have the TP bonus GK, so mine all fired at 200
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-20 21:42:40  
Difference between 200-300 is decent. And maybe the high ones are double attack procing?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-20 21:46:35  
idk, i doubt they are only doing 300 tp WSs
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-20 21:47:19  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
idk, i doubt they are only doing 300 tp WSs
No but I bet the majority of the epeen shots are
 Bahamut.Weasel
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-12-20 21:48:59  
So should I be gearing strait acc for these? Like someone mentioned, this is completely new territory for samurais. Is the inconsistent damage due to your INT vs. the mob's INT? I applaud the big numbers and I'm interested in trying it out, but this whole thing seems odd to me. If it's elemental damage (like a nuke) coming from my GK, to what extent do physical attributes affect it?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-20 21:52:21  
Bahamut.Weasel said:
So should I be gearing strait acc for these? Like someone mentioned, this is completely new territory for samurais. Is the inconsistent damage due to your INT vs. the mob's INT? I applaud the big numbers and I'm interested in trying it out, but this whole thing seems odd to me. If it's elemental damage (like a nuke) coming from my GK, to what extent do physical attributes affect it?
As far as I've read the first hit is fully physical. Then the 2nd hit is elemental. It's dmg is equal proportional to the physical dmg. The percentage of which is based on tp. That elemental dmg is multiplied by mab and probably +element attack. Dint probably effects resist rate on that hit too.
 Diabolos.Cloudg
By Diabolos.Cloudg 2010-12-20 21:56:32  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
my gear set and atma were listed for my small small solo test...i just can't see how 3x my dmg is possible without drinks or something, only real diff on my atma, was SA over VV since i died on EE at 2% when my LS did it lol..

I mentioned in my 1st post I had Ascetic's and Stalwart's on, not sure how much TP I had, for the most part I was spamming.

My WS set for it was my Fudo set which is mostly STR and attack.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-20 22:03:21  
ya cloud, but is a T1 drink of each type, gonna triple my dmg? idk
 Bahamut.Weasel
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-12-20 22:16:44  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Weasel said:
As far as I've read the first hit is fully physical. Then the 2nd hit is elemental. It's dmg is equal proportional to the physical dmg. The percentage of which is based on tp. That elemental dmg is multiplied by mab and probably +element attack. Dint probably effects resist rate on that hit too.

This is Jinpu right? Curious how Koki is. Purely magic based since it has a MND modifier? I think I'll try WSing in my Penta gear set to start off and see how it goes lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-20 22:25:37  
Koki stacks with Sneak attack according to wiki so I'd assume it's hybrid too
 Diabolos.Cloudg
By Diabolos.Cloudg 2010-12-20 23:16:59  
Honestly I really don't know where it had come from, before that I was doing such random numbers my highest for a long time was 4.9k then I did 2 6ks in a row, then back to 2-4ks and then that, it was completely random.

As far as koki goes I couldn't break 3k but I do not have the beyond atma so I didnt have the light dmg boost.

whats your sam WS gear Eikechi?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-20 23:46:00  
posted on my earlier post..its not "top end" but surely its not crap
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-21 00:07:47  
3k is the highest I could break on Koki. I didn't do that many Jinpu's (Puks FTL) Even Goten and Kagero had some spike though lol granted not as much
By Areis 2010-12-25 02:57:46  
So... what gearset / atmas are you using for these 6k+ Koki/Jinpu? Does it require that your focusing on DC mobs? or have you seen consistent numbers on IT

Atma of the Ultimate
Atma of the Baying Moon

Stalwarts Drink
Aesetics Drink

84+98 Str
70+60 Int
70+55 Mnd
692 Atk

I'm looking at numbers 300~500 on IT buffalo in U.range as a pretty poorly geared Sam/Dnc using Soboro + TP gear. Makes me think if i invested the time for it i could break 1k.. maybe 2k but 6k is just getting beyond the believable at this point (would really like to make amber easier for me to solo =/)
 Cerberus.Oblit
サーバ: Cerberus
user: oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-12-25 03:21:14  
Areis said:
So... what gearset / atmas are you using for these 6k+ Koki/Jinpu? Does it require that your focusing on DC mobs? or have you seen consistent numbers on IT

Atma of the Ultimate
Atma of the Baying Moon

Stalwarts Drink
Aesetics Drink

84+98 Str
70+60 Int
70+55 Mnd
692 Atk

I'm looking at numbers 300~500 on IT buffalo in U.range as a pretty poorly geared Sam/Dnc using Soboro + TP gear. Makes me think if i invested the time for it i could break 1k.. maybe 2k but 6k is just getting beyond the believable at this point (would really like to make amber easier for me to solo =/)

Was doing 4-6k kokis on NMs so that's not only for decent challenge mobs.

Not sure if attack has anything to do with Jinpu/koki damage but my attack is capped 95% of the time in abyssea. 860ish attack with out berserk and Stalwart's tonic.

This is my Fudo gear and this is what I've used when messing around with Jinpu/koki, belt and neck didn't help Jinpu/Koki damage.

And I was using Griffon claw, Baying moon and Ultimate amtas.
[+]
By Areis 2010-12-25 03:35:09  
ok... yeah Sam is far from my main job but there are times i need to break it out for one reason or another.

Would it be reasonable to even try assuming ws gear like:

Soboro / Hagun & Erebus' Lance
(really need to upgrade weapon i think that may help a lot)
Pole Grip / Threw Bomblet

Varangian Helm or Acc/WS.Acc AMK hat
Pearl or Askar body
Pearl or O.kote hands
Byakko or AF+1 legs
Pearl feet

Light/Snow Gorget
Rajas / Spiral ring
Bushi / Brutal Earring
Warwolf Belt
Forager's Mantle

I don't like to think i'm THAT bad (except for the weapon... those are kinda sad to still use now)
DD wise I go
Mnk > Drg > Sam > Blu
and I still have
Blm / Whm / Smn, Cor & Pld to worry about
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2010-12-25 05:46:35  
I think it's more a fun thing than a usefull thing cuz you loose a awesome DPS from critical and attack atmas... So yeah you could do sick ele WS but you don't DoT at all. Anyway I don't like to say that but SAM is lolSAM in abyss beside MNK, DRG, WAR... even NIN and ROFL let's say DNC XD
By Areis 2010-12-25 18:17:22  
It's about being able to reasonably solo gold lights with some efficiency waiting till a mob is at 10% to WS for amber is a pain... and getting amber on monk is just lol.

Can always go back and change atma after gold is capped... and I think i'd trust my Sam for it more than gearing my Blu to get amber and kill speed is similar~
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-25 18:40:17  
Areis said:
ok... yeah Sam is far from my main job but there are times i need to break it out for one reason or another.

Pearl or Askar body
Pearl or O.kote hands
Byakko or AF+1 legs
Pearl feet

Light/Snow Gorget
Rajas / Spiral ring
Bushi / Brutal Earring
Warwolf Belt
Forager's Mantle

I don't like to think i'm THAT bad (except for the weapon... those are kinda sad to still use now)

is this fulltime gear or for a specific tp/ws setup? :p
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-25 19:01:59  
Areis said:
It's about being able to reasonably solo gold lights with some efficiency waiting till a mob is at 10% to WS for amber is a pain... and getting amber on monk is just lol.

Can always go back and change atma after gold is capped... and I think i'd trust my Sam for it more than gearing my Blu to get amber and kill speed is similar~

Idk, with ascetic's and ultimate/kirin I hit a 2.5k dmg cataclysm last night when I unlocked it. I didn't swap gear for it either, and need my last lunar and either GC/baying moon or beyond/baying moon. I was mnk/sam and hadn't used food either. I need to do some messing around and testing with it.

Edit: Maybe smiting blow? I really don't know.

Edit2: Was wondering if Cosmos would be better than baying moon if it's a +30% potency to darkness damage.
 Siren.Ravian
サーバ: Siren
user: Ravian
By Siren.Ravian 2010-12-25 19:27:54  
Anyone say random damage spikes?
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-12-25 19:55:55  
watching 1.5k to 5k on worms atm. same atma, mix of mab gear, diff tp's, drinks def making higher spikes more consistant.

drk with just 100-200tp, no drinks, doing consistant 1.5k
By Areis 2010-12-25 19:59:26  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Areis said:

Pearl or Askar body
Pearl or O.kote hands
Byakko or AF+1 legs
Pearl feet

Light/Snow Gorget
Rajas / Spiral ring
Bushi / Brutal Earring
Warwolf Belt
Forager's Mantle

Frankly that makes up most of the gear i HAVE for my Sam (that may be used for WS anyway) there are a few other bits and pieces (AF1+1 helm and a few other things) but without needing to go out and get AF3+2 everything + masamune + spend 400mil on the job trying to figure out if it's reasonable to make a Koki/Jinpu build for azure lights and what it would take.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-25 20:05:35  
im going to test Bora Axe ws as bst using vv, moon and ultimate atma, since its int/str mod, ill post results here later when i get 1 stone
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-25 20:56:20  
Areis said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Areis said:

Pearl or Askar body
Pearl or O.kote hands
Byakko or AF+1 legs
Pearl feet

Light/Snow Gorget
Rajas / Spiral ring
Bushi / Brutal Earring
Warwolf Belt
Forager's Mantle

Frankly that makes up most of the gear i HAVE for my Sam (that may be used for WS anyway) there are a few other bits and pieces (AF1+1 helm and a few other things) but without needing to go out and get AF3+2 everything + masamune + spend 400mil on the job trying to figure out if it's reasonable to make a Koki/Jinpu build for azure lights and what it would take.

Well, you should look into simple cheap upgrades like a haste belt, dusk gloves, fuma sune-ate, pallas bracelets etc etc.
Just dont be lazy when it comes to gearing it, dont skip something because you dont want to gearswap ;O
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-25 21:07:21  
he said it was stuff he could use for ws