Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG and Brew
RNG and Brew
By Pooman 2010-12-27 23:08:22  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:

Very easy on rng, And i trigger blue most of the time. Oddly, the time in the picture i did not trigger blue or red.

It seemed odd that sometimes when i get it to 15% ish, it will use protostar 3 times in a row, then spam meteor. That leaves very little time to damage it. You cant damage it at all during protostar spam, and during meteor you have to time it exactly after it casts, before it starts to cast again.

Yeah, my first solo it did protostar and meteor to the point that I couldn't damage it at all for over a minute.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-12-27 23:09:20  
Siren.Froggis said:
Asura.Hoshiku said:
I don't have discernment yet (one boss to go) but someone in my ls does. We were fighting Iratham last night and it procced but all it told him was that the blue ws was an axe skill (not the specific one).

I don't think its random. At this point, I'm fairly certain the message will only appear if the NM is performing no actions at all and is not stunned or terror'd. Thus you cannot get the message unless the spell/ws is clean however not getting the message does not necessarily mean the spell/ws was not clean. I could be totally wrong but that's the pattern I've experienced. But I have yet to receive the message when the spell/ws was not clean.

I get the message a lot when I stun a TP move/spell and that can't be clean of course :p The higher tier the mob is the lower chance you have of proccing. On Glavoid it took me like 10x Bio until I got a message. On some low tier nm I would get it after every spell pretty much.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-27 23:17:43  

heres how it usually goes with rng
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-27 23:58:54  
Wouldn't Leaden Salute be better to spam with a brew then standard ranged weaponskills?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-12-28 00:06:29  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Wouldn't Leaden Salute be better to spam with a brew then standard ranged weaponskills?

except leaden salute is a cor WS
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-31 13:17:44  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

except leaden salute is a cor WS

Oops I meant true Flight, I tend to get them mixed up x_x I'd love to see leaden salute as well though XD
 Phoenix.Muhnjob
サーバ: Phoenix
user: muhn
By Phoenix.Muhnjob 2010-12-31 18:22:15  
Bismarck.Helel said:

Also Muhnjob, why did you enter during slashing weakness period lol?

was being dumb and just trying to put up numbers
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-31 18:30:34  
Trueflight was doing like 12k with mab atma's btw. decent i guess, but if you can SC archery stuff together to do light, it will do waaaaay more.

But all this is a moot point, as even with blue and TH, twilight does not exist.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-12-31 18:50:59  
Has anyone tried a brew with rng yet? Im looking at shinryu solo possibilities, and on rng i can do like 75% of the blue triggers by myself. So with abyssite of discernment and brew, it should be np as long as sidewinder does rediculous dmg on brew.

I've seen a video of Wildfire one shots Shinryu in the beginning of fight(that means 68k WS dmg at least?), so the question is more than if RNG can solo XD.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
サーバ: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2011-01-16 05:51:25  
I've soloed Shinryu with 2 Wildfire, 31k each didnt even had enough HP to prog darkness SC >_>
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-01-16 11:40:26  
brewed rani from 92%-dead. sidewinders we doing a static dmg amount, i think 7960, refulgent arrow was just over 8400, forgot what the other WS were doing. i was making sure to alternate between WSs, so that a SC wouldnt accidentally heal it. ran kinda long though, one amnesia woulda *** me.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-16 12:05:51  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said:
brewed rani from 92%-dead. sidewinders we doing a static dmg amount, i think 7960, refulgent arrow was just over 8400, forgot what the other WS were doing. i was making sure to alternate between WSs, so that a SC wouldnt accidentally heal it. ran kinda long though, one amnesia woulda *** me.
SNARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
<<<<Maestor
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-16 12:06:15  
trueflight would've dealth like 20-40k on it probably lol
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-01-16 12:53:04  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
trueflight would've dealth like 20-40k on it probably lol

yea, never unlocked it, lol. to lazy.

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Bismarck.Snprphnx said:
SNARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
Maestor

dude, im not Snarekick. always been Snprphnx, always will be. same linkshell though, the UnHoly Order

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-16 12:55:34  
Wildfire would be even more awesome...
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-16 13:02:22  
Has anyone tried a brew with rng yet? Im looking at shinryu solo possibilities, and on rng i can do like 75% of the blue triggers by myself. So with abyssite of discernment and brew, it should be np as long as sidewinder does rediculous dmg on brew.

Rare chance you'll get off blue before you get squashed like a bug. Betting you'll just waste your stone. Not easy getting blue without being able to build up some endurance strats, unless you're very lucky, but like most said. Trueflight is your best option because of it's magical properties. Brew seems to help magical damage mroe then it does physical and as everyone already knows Shinryu is surprisingly weak to magical WSs.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-16 13:33:29  
Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
Rare chance you'll get off blue before you get squashed like a bug. Betting you'll just waste your stone. Not easy getting blue without being able to build up some endurance strats, unless you're very lucky, but like most said. Trueflight is your best option because of it's magical properties. Brew seems to help magical damage mroe then it does physical and as everyone already knows Shinryu is surprisingly weak to magical WSs.
Actually I go in on rng brew and get my blue ws off and either proc or find out I can't then kill. You got 3 min it's pretty easy. Especially when you can 1 shot shinryu

Also doing the math shinryu seems to take 30% less dmg from wildfire than it should... though alot of nms seems to take less than they should (though not sure if they still do with brew). It's just dstat caps really high while fstr caps low and 999 only does a little while +900 MAB is crazy good. And wildfire > trueflight
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-16 13:39:11  
Well besides trying it during brew I mean, if your doing it that way then hell. Good luck! Just make sure your skills are cap'd and that you got all peircing weapons you can possibly use weapon skills with. Go all out!

Also weather if this NM does somehow take less damage from magical WSs then whatever.. I mean I'm still seeing people do 50k Wild Fires lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-16 13:59:39  
Don't really need capped skills. Just enough to use those ws. Your acc is so capped with brew. And 50 regain is crazy.

Oh yeah I've done 61k... on the other hand I was using 3 pertinent atmas and I can do almost that much to non nms without any atmas lol.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-01-16 14:08:51  
I stopped going rng because armor just was not dropping at all. Even with blue and TH2. So i started going thf/sam. get 200 TP, run in and WS twice. Hopefully i get a message. If its dagger, pop brew, if its not die and retry. Ive done it twice, and got helmet twice lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [121 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Kyrael
user: Kyrael
By Bahamut.Kyrael 2011-05-17 04:57:12  
I just tonight brewed Shinryu twice on RNG during Pierce type of day :3 First *** you polearm and 2nd I was getting a solid 11k DMG off with arching arrow using Strong arm RR and sanguine scythe. Unfortunatly no Blu !! and ended up with crappy crap :3 but if I get my cruor built up i'll be back!!!!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [125 days between previous and next post]
By oncura 2011-09-18 22:34:07  
i think some1 told me b4 do flaming arrow or w/e, but i usually just throw jishnu at things, even tho i rarely ever ever ever brew on rng
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-09-18 22:35:45  
Oh okay thanks for the wonderful information.