users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing Cap
Fishing Cap
 Leviathan.Ejin
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Ejin 2010-12-26 23:49:17  
As I was aware the number of fish one can catch per day is 200. But today I got somewhere along the lines of 206, before I called it a day. Now my question is, did they raise the cap? Or was it because I was using a rig that allowed me to catch multiple fish at once, and the cap is not on the number of fish you catch, but on the number of successful catches of fish? Either way, any help from you fishing connoisseurs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-12-27 00:03:54  
Theres a little variation in the exact number, it depends on the type of fish, but it's egenerally around 200. Ive done 190, and 210 before.
 Leviathan.Ejin
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Ejin 2010-12-27 00:04:22  
Thanks for the input.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-27 03:23:47  
Depends haven't really checked recently but when I used to fish alot more on mules and such it used to be exactly 200 everytime (5 lu shangs fished up ;) ). Also fails don't count but releases do.

Ebisus always does weird things and zoning every few hours helps though soemtimes when you are getting close it seems to hurt. Like you can be pulling stuff in decent bite rate then zone and all of a sudden have 0 even though your /recast on /fish has gone down to much lower than what it is before you would've hitting full fatigue... and it's happened way more than enough to me for it not to be a coincidence
 Ramuh.Alphir
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Alphir
By Ramuh.Alphir 2010-12-28 20:12:11  
It was updated, but I'm not sure by how much. This was in the update under "system related" portion..

"Fishing fatigue has been recalculated so that players will not tire as easily."

I have been trying to find out what the cap has increased to. Please post if anyone can fish that long. lol