MNK/DRK Zerg. Discuss...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK/DRK Zerg. Discuss...
MNK/DRK Zerg. Discuss...
First Page 2 3
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-02-25 04:27:51  
Opinions on this?
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-25 04:31:15  
No thanks. I assume you mean Souleater Kclub Hundred Fists, which is losing 50% of your HP per second. You have no way to sustain your HP so it would take a party of WHMs just to keep you alive. On top of that, Souleater when you're /DRK is only 5% of your HP as opposed to 12% on DRK main. DRK is also nearly invincible, draining back all of their damage as HP. Only an attack that one-shots a DRK can kill them while zerging. MNK would get killed by the slightest gust of air at any given time.
 Odin.Cyprias
サーバ: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2009-02-25 04:59:28  
/War does generally more damage overall with zerk and DA rate
 Kujata.Maidak
サーバ: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-02-25 05:10:27  
ownd
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-25 06:06:50  
Cyprias said:
/War does generally more damage overall with zerk and DA rate

And without the need to cure a MNK for 800 every second.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-25 06:08:41  
Souleater adds 20 ACC though, and you still get Attack Bonusx2 and Last Resort. DRK is a viable sub but WAR is just better.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-02-25 08:20:58  
had a drk/nin kil themself on my mnk once in dio i just stood there whiel they hit me till i finally hit engaged and killed them in like 1 or 2 blows :D

on side thought what if teamed witha dnc main useing there highest endrain dnc?
 Kujata.Maidak
サーバ: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-02-25 08:22:54  
Enternius' avatar is awesome
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-25 08:34:23  
Heimdall said:
had a drk/nin kil themself on my mnk once in dio i just stood there whiel they hit me till i finally hit engaged and killed them in like 1 or 2 blows :D

on side thought what if teamed witha dnc main useing there highest endrain dnc?

At a complete and utter wild guess, I'd say that dnc endrain would suck on anything that needed a KC mnk/drk zerg.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-25 08:44:48  
Mnk/Drk zerg is no where near as effective as a Drk, that's for sure. But to say /War is more damage than /Drk is just not right at all. Granted that is you have enough mage support, a Mnk/Drk can dish out a lot of dmg.

Any Mnk/Drk zerging in K.club is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, that's just suicide for lower ACC and dmg. Zerging in Faiths or another H2H would be much more effective.

I have a 2.3k hp build for /Drk which is an additional 115~ dmg to every hit, and I don't have a Gigant mantle or other similar HP build items. DA would have to proc every swing to equal the added dmg from Souleater on harder targets(the only time you should be zerging anyways) and would be lacking the additional ACC.

If you don't have a couple Whms to Cure V bomb you then /War would keep you alive longer and do more damage since you would probably die well before your 2hr wore w/o mage support for /Drk.

I wouldn't zerg /Drk unless I knew I had mages I could depend on to keep me alive, but it is a lot of good damage.
 Seraph.Tarstark
サーバ: Seraph
user: Tarstark
By Seraph.Tarstark 2009-02-25 09:05:39  
That's true.
Anytime we have a mnk/drk zerging DL in xarc, They completely own any mnk/war.
We also usually try to put all mnk/drks or drk/*** in a party with a healer who is supposed to just cure bomb them. It really doesn't take that much in a zerg. Just curaga IV/III, et cetra.
Most things are intended to die very fast, so the mage should just spam the strongest/highest aoe recovery spells as well.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-25 09:11:27  
In our Dynamis Linkshell we have a Monk. He is very well geared and always chooses to come MNK75/DRK37 to Dynamis Lord. Before he engages he has around 3,100 hit points. He has one or two White Mages cure combing him the whole fight. Goes without saying that he does a ***ton of damage, more than any of our Warriors or Samurais. In fact, in our last Dynamis Lord fight, he parsed in second, behind our Kraken DRK.

If properly geared, MNK/DRK is great... But it's not for the feint hearted, especially when you'll need a few people to cure bomb the Monk to keep their damage going.

He uses Hand to Hand by the way. Don't assume all Souleater burns have to involve a Kraken Club :P
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-25 09:16:42  
/nod I really like the idea of mnk/drk and need to lvl my drk for mnk sub. The damage potential is great if you have enough curing.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-25 09:25:41  
Mnk/Drk needs a HP build too. If you're using gear like Shura Togi and are at like 1500-1600 hp then you are just wasting the mage's mp. I'm guessing that Mnk in Wooo's shell is a Galka in full AF2 and full HP merits and a good HP build set.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-25 09:31:23  
Yes :P
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-25 09:32:22  
Yeah, I know. :P Currently the most I can get my hp up to /nin is a little over 1800. Needs some more AF2 and gigant / BQ Ring / Bloodbead, etc.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-25 09:39:41  
His max HP set is wrong. Have him put in Seiryu's Kote in instead of Melee Gloves +1. I get 20hp or more from those than the AF2+1 lol. Also BQR and Bloodbead Ring instead of the Crimson rings. Ritter Gorget would be another 5 additional HP(maybe 6 with the +%HP). Oh and Happy Egg is another 1% HP :3

Edit: That is granted he has those items. S.kote and BQR are easy enough to get though so I'd assume he has those at least. And the Happy Egg is coming soon with Easter otw if he didn't have one :D
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-25 09:40:58  
Tbest said:
Yeah, I know. :P Currently the most I can get my hp up to /nin is a little over 1800. Needs some more AF2 and gigant / BQ Ring / Bloodbead, etc.

With Carbonara and borrowing a friends Saurian Helm (I use relic), my HP is over 1900 on blu/nin <_<
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-25 09:43:48  
Yakutatazu said:
His max HP set is wrong. Have him put in Seiryu's Kote in instead of Melee Gloves +1. I get 20hp or more from those than the AF2+1 lol. Also BQR and Bloodbead Ring instead of the Crimson rings. Ritter Gorget would be another 5 additional HP(maybe 6 with the +%HP). Oh and Happy Egg is another 1% HP :3
But does he need it? He doesn't even have capped HP merits and it sounds like he's pretty damn good (galka cheats HP).

Also, speaking of Happy Egg (the reason for my double post), you have faith baghanks in your HP build with happy egg, you can't have your egg and eat it too!
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-25 09:46:33  
Yeah, well I was tweaking my old item set, and am still changing it lol. I'll add virtue stones in a minute when I get around to it :D
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-25 09:46:47  
Looks like 2700 or so would be my max from a quick calculation of hp gear / food w/o merits.
 Caitsith.Tanith
サーバ: Caitsith
user: tanith
By Caitsith.Tanith 2009-02-25 09:49:49  
Yakutatazu said:

Seiryu's Kote is only better than +3% HP if your HP is less than 1667. Anything greater than that the +3% HP will net you more than +50 HP. So if hes got around ~3100 HP hes netting +80-90HP from AF+1 gloves.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-25 09:55:22  
Tanith said:
Yakutatazu said:

Seiryu's Kote is only better than +3% HP if your HP is less than 1667. Anything greater than that the +3% HP will net you more than +50 HP. So if hes got around ~3100 HP hes netting +80-90HP from AF+1 gloves.

That would be true if most of Mnk's HP build set wasn't HP%+ and was just HP+. You need to re-add your figures lol.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-25 09:55:23  
Tanith said:
Yakutatazu said:

I'm so glad you said that, 'cause I was looking at that gold moogle belt that I'll most probably never be able to get, and thinking "I wonder if that's better that the +45 HP I get from RSE sash" but couldn't be bothered doing the math at this time of night. Considering my HP build comes in at ~1640 with regular spells set and sushi (it's very rare that I tailor myself for heat breath onry), looks like it'd be a damn close call and not worth worrying about too much.

Although when I do set all my HP spells and use carbonara and borrow saurian helm, the belt would be better >.>

Yaku said:
That would be true if most of Mnk's HP build set wasn't HP%+ and was just HP+. You need to re-add your figures lol.
I'm assuming all %+ is calculated last, and that guy had ~HP+25%? That means his base HP before all the %+ is still like 2.4k
 Bahamut.Vitrolant
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Vitrolant
By Bahamut.Vitrolant 2009-02-25 09:58:21  
mnk/drk is the poor LS's KC drk it can work, even better then a drk w/ KC but you need more then 2 healers for this 1 very strong zerg DD.

if a healer lags tho u have 1 dead mnk

oh ya if u hit all 8 hits of ausurn fist thats 80% of your HP D:
 Hades.Dizzmal
サーバ: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-02-25 09:59:33  
I have zerged DL in MNK/WAR and MNK/DRK. Mnk/War is normally 3 or 4th(Behind some drks) but when I have gone /drk I have won parse. I still hold the highest damage on DL with mnk/drk. I normally have a few whms and pld cure bombing me. Don't make the mistake of WS @ start or you will find your head some where next to the last tower(lol)
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-25 10:08:03  
Blazza said:
I'm assuming all %+ is calculated last, and that guy had ~HP+25%? That means his base HP before all the %+ is still like 2.4k

Yeah, at 2.4 base HP+ the gear with actual HP+ on it AF2 would win. I'm guessing where AF2 > S.kote is around 2-2.1k HP before +%s.

Edit: Though Idk I'm Elvaan (only 2hp merits atm) and before HP+% gear I'm only around 1900HP so for me at least S.Kote still win :<

Once I get some Bloodbead/Gigant/etc. I'll be able to use AF2 for a HP build I'm sure.

I get 63 HP btw from S.kote with the current HP+% gear I have. I'm going to be sure to upgrade to gold moogle belt in May though. Being Elvaan +30HP is the most I can get of non-% belts so the moogle ones win for me at least.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-02-25 10:23:26  
mnk/drk, or just drk or /drk in general does not have to be used with 2hr's. Souleater alone is a great way to take off huge chunks of a mobs HP and an even better way for PLD's to get extra hate by curing the souleater user. We've used souleater for a long time as hate management on JoL, Tiamat, Vrtra, Ouryu, just to name a few.

Souleater rotation with a couple people. Have PLD's cure them and other DD can go nuts. 20 minute Tiamat with 10 people (+/- a few minutes for flying), 2-3 minute faf, under 10 min nidhoggs, JoL dead before even 4-5 sets of summons are called; Kirin in under 5 minutes without 2hr's and usually before more than 1 summon is called. All without using 2hr's and no one ever pulling hate off tanks. All with 18 people or less.

No its not a "ZOMG 40 second Kirin!!" DRK zerg but it gets the job done and you don't have to rely on 2hr's.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-25 10:29:46  
Yakutatazu said:
Blazza said:

Yeah, at 2.4 base HP+ the gear with actual HP+ on it AF2 would win. I'm guessing where AF2 > S.kote is around 2-2.1k HP before +%s.

Edit: Though Idk I'm Elvaan (only 2hp merits atm) and before HP+% gear I'm only around 1900HP so for me at least S.Kote still win :<

Once I get some Bloodbead/Gigant/etc. I'll be able to use AF2 for a HP build I'm sure.

Damnit, it's past 3AM and you're making me do math, I won't forgive you for this...

+3% HP at 1600 is an extra 48 HP. Meaning that at a bees *** over 1600 base HP, 3% is better than +50. Actually, there's hardly any maths to do here at all... there's nuff all gear with +50HP or more on the same slots as MNK relic. You're an Elvaan MNK ffs, you probably have 1600H HP naked, so any piece with +3% HP is going to win over +50. Add in Gigant Mantle, BQR, Blood Bead Ring (got mine from nyzul :D) pigeon earrings, and ritter gorget and you're probably at 2k without even having any of your visible gear equipped.

And ***, I just looked up relic set... +3% HP is the lowest piece of HP gear of the whole set.

Relic > all, end of story.

I also noticed that guy had Cassie earring, which is useless with no MP. But he had ~30mp from kirin's pole and the grip, as well as 2MP merits. Since Cassie earring is better than any other HP earring by 25 (if you have mp), that actually allows you to have a couple MP merits if MNK isn't your only job without sacrificing your HP build in the slightest
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-25 10:33:08  
Blazza said:
I also noticed that guy had Cassie earring, which is useless with no MP. But he had ~30mp from kirin's pole and the grip, as well as 2MP merits. Since Cassie earring is better than any other HP earring by 25 (if you have mp), that actually allows you to have a couple MP merits if MNK isn't your only job without sacrificing your HP build in the slightest

Well Mnk/Drk (the only time you would use this) you do have MP lol, I have 61 MP as /Drk w/o my 1 MP merit I have.
First Page 2 3