フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Hidden Characters - Please Read
Hidden Characters - Please Read
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-02-07 22:59:11  
I had 5 hidden characters on my account from server transfers, and I never set them to be hidden. Do they automatically become hidden over time? I know for sure that I never did that.

It might be why there are 36,155 hidden characters, I'm sure that we didn't go and hide that many characters manually XD
[+]
 Caitsith.Dahl
サーバ: Caitsith
user: hartley
By Caitsith.Dahl 2011-02-10 01:01:13  
むしろ隠しておくために登録したんですからね

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-02-10 01:35:22  
Spicy.. give it a rest tonight.. i'm sure everyone else wants a turn at talking tonight...

</sigh>

hmmmm....

Edit: he must be bored, tryin' to troll me out tonight...< go pull yer ***with someone else...>
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-02-10 13:42:35  
あなたはSpicyryanは自分のやり方で素晴らしいされていることを知っていました?
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-02-10 13:51:38  
Please don't derail my news threads.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-02-10 13:53:45  
I have just unhid my Hades Character. I didn't even know it was hidden. Sorry I'm late.

Edit: And the pink box disappeared after I did that.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-02-10 14:17:02  
@Valefor.Forgotten

I read your posts and I don't mean to dodge your questions. You bring up good points. If I made a mechanism to add a mule to an account with limited options such as no forum/pm/comment privs, I would want to do it after I resolve this hidden option first. I think alot of users don't even know what hidden means and some have their main characters set as hidden and they don't know it, which is understandable.

Now this limited feature would take some planning and work. Such as, what if someone wants to "unmule it". I can't just have an option to do it, because someone can toggle, make forum post, toggle back. There would have to be limitation like a timer.

If a user does't want others to know they have x,y,z character, unlink and make a new account with characters.
[+]
By Saiii 2011-02-10 14:39:34  
Hey Scragg. Question, my chracter is Sai on Caitsith but when I post to the forum it doesnt show my character and instead shows me as anon, which I would rather not be. I checked my account to make sure that it was labeled both main (yes) and has (no) checked for hidden. But I still seem to be hidden for some reason. On a side note I have tried PM in the past but right now I show 3 new msg in my inbox but when I click inbox I see nothing. Sorry if I'm derailing but if its a hidden character issue it seems related.

TLDR. Why am I hidden when I check NO for hide?
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-02-10 14:43:29  
Saiii said:
Hey Scragg. Question, my chracter is Sai on Caitsith but when I post to the forum it doesnt show my character and instead shows me as anon, which I would rather not be. I checked my account to make sure that it was labeled both main (yes) and has (no) checked for hidden. But I still seem to be hidden for some reason. On a side note I have tried PM in the past but right now I show 3 new msg in my inbox but when I click inbox I see nothing. Sorry if I'm derailing but if its a hidden character issue it seems related.

TLDR. Why am I hidden when I check NO for hide?

There is a drop down when you post, you can select your character there. In the mbox, there is a drop down at the top of the page as well. You can set the default at: http://www.ffxiah.com/account
 Caitsith.Sai
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2011-02-10 14:47:35  
Wow. Derp me. Thx for the help though
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-10 18:59:34  
Why is it telling me I have a hidden character?
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-11 00:23:57  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Probably because you have a hidden character. Whether or not you specifically set one doesn't matter since scragg has said non-main chars were default hidden.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-11 11:44:14  
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Probably because you have a hidden character. Whether or not you specifically set one doesn't matter since scragg has said non-main chars were default hidden.

Unless the FFXIV character is count as hidden, I don't see how.. The only FFXI char I have is linked to this account (Slipispsycho) and it's set as my main char and nothing is hidden on it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-02-17 01:15:27  
I saw the message :
You have a hidden character.
Midgardsormr.Moonsshadow
Please unhide or unlink it. (More Info)

But when I click Unlink it, it gives me this error:
Character name and server didn't match selection.

What should I do?