Thinking Of Joining.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Thinking Of Joining.
Thinking Of Joining.
By xKrafty 2011-01-08 18:55:54  
I'm thinking of starting again on FFXI on a new server, whole new character and just going from scratch.

If I was to move to asura would anyone be interested in taking me into there LS and getting me going?

Current job levels that I've acomplished:
RDM 90
SMN 84
BLM 56
WHM 39
NIN 39
WAR 23

The rest are below level 10. I'm a experienced player with all abyssea packs.
 Asura.Gugi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gugi456
By Asura.Gugi 2011-01-08 19:07:48  
personally i'd love to see you in action... however we're in NEED of a bluemage, if you're willing to lv up blu and make it your main(with all spells)... you have a spot.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-08 19:15:04  
I don't understand people who do this. Why start over and waste the no doubt ridiculous amount of time, money and effort you made achieving what you have? Especially now considering it's 10x harder to get anywhere from a low level.

Honestly why why why would you do that?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-08 19:18:35  
You ever think people have fun in different ways? This game isn't a race to everyone, they can have fun however they choose to. Low levels are very easy, especially if he finds a LS that can help him leech once hes lvl 30 or so for at least the first job to 90.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-01-08 19:22:45  
Asura.Gugi said:
personally i'd love to see you in action... however we're in NEED of a bluemage, if you're willing to lv up blu and make it your main(with all spells)... you have a spot.

After this thread, I would be sceptical about joining this guy.

Also, lolAsura. If you want a drama free server, it seems you should stay away from there.
[+]
By xKrafty 2011-01-08 19:32:41  
I just want a server thats really active. Ragnarok is loosing activity.

- Sometimes I find it fun levelling a job from 1 and seeing how fast I can do it. If I was to move to a server and actually settle down there I would consider paying for a world transfer.

Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-08 19:35:06  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
You ever think people have fun in different ways? This game isn't a race to everyone, they can have fun however they choose to. Low levels are very easy, especially if he finds a LS that can help him leech once hes lvl 30 or so for at least the first job to 90.

So what exactly is the point in starting over just to leech EXP? You still have to go through the process of acquiring all your gear again and the trivial unlocking of areas.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-08 20:27:29  
So you could play with friends? Why do you care if someone starts over or not... Maybe they wanna change race w/o plugins or maybe they just wanna start getting gear over again, the game is different for everyone.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-01-08 20:27:56  
xKrafty said:
I just want a server thats really active. Ragnarok is loosing activity. - Sometimes I find it fun levelling a job from 1 and seeing how fast I can do it. If I was to move to a server and actually settle down there I would consider paying for a world transfer.
xKrafty said:
I just want a server thats really active. Ragnarok is loosing activity. - Sometimes I find it fun levelling a job from 1 and seeing how fast I can do it. If I was to move to a server and actually settle down there I would consider paying for a world transfer.

So why not level a dd job or something from level 1? Level BST, maybe even solo it to 90. There really is little reason to start completely over. Just start an entirely new type of job from scratch, you'll probably get the same enjoyment out of it and still be able to take out a job out of your tool bag once in a while you are well versed in. Good luck on your search, I always see you running around with a Blue ls on, maybe you could try another ls to satisfy your activity level.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-08 20:49:18  
Starting over might be fun. I've thought about making a mule on a random server and just messing around. Be that as it may, if I lost my character and had to start over, *** that. I'd be done. Wanna guess what the biggest killer is?

*** magian (staff) trials. Screw trial of the magians, it can go to hell.
[+]
By xKrafty 2011-01-08 21:23:16  
I'm not leaving my old server, my character will stay there and I'll still be going on there, the main thing I want to do is go to a new server, as a new race, with a whole new type of job.

I've only really levelled mage jobs as you can tell, so a DD type job would sound nice, especially BST or DNC as I can solo and level in my own time.

The point of this thread was to find out is Asura would be a server thats there to help someone starting over, not once did I talk about leeching exp in abyssea or anything, just there to lend a hand with missions or quests.
 Asura.Andradi
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-01-08 22:03:16  
My linkshell's had a few people (both old and new) restart again in the past few days. I have no idea if they'll actually stick around but I'm sure they wouldn't say no to another new character.

(Let me know if you're interested?)
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-08 22:14:06  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
I don't understand people who do this. Why start over and waste the no doubt ridiculous amount of time, money and effort you made achieving what you have? Especially now considering it's 10x harder to get anywhere from a low level.

Agree.

I've seen and watched and otherwise heard of dozens of FFXI players trying to "start over from scratch", and often they'll end up here asking questions much like our OP.

I've found that many people in this situation think that "starting over" is somehow going to rekindle the flame, and give them that virgin-like feeling of exploring a new world and experiencing new things everywhere they go.

Sadly, this ambition is horribly unrealistic. Even with Abyssea-burning as a quick means from 30 --> 90, do you REALLY want to do all these things over again? ...

Tenshodo fame
Kazham airship pass key farming
Genkai quests
Zilart missions
Skilling up weapons/magic
Mog House upgrade quests
Crafting skill
Outpost teleports
and the list goes on ... and on ...

These things (for most players I think) are chores. Sure there may be SOME mild entertainment value or modest sense of accomplishment associated with completing these tasks. But in general, they're boring, tedious, or both. Necessary evils, prerequisites to advance in the game and "get to the good stuff".

So, yeah, "restarting" FFXI is a pointless and fruitless exercise in futility. Really, don't bother. You're much better off selecting a new/different game, and if you're one of those people with a short attention span, and/or has a need for "newness" when you sit down to play video games, I'd recommend getting a subscription to Gamefly, rather than trying to play a MMORPG.
[+]
 Asura.Kresaera
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2011-01-09 23:44:58  
Quote:
Also, lolAsura. If you want a drama free server, it seems you should stay away from there.

I love it how ppl knck Asura when they aren't even from there. It's really NOT that bad. It's got a lot of population so sure, there are more jackasses but I rarely see any actual drama in game. Most of it is people coming on here mouthin off.
[+]
 Asura.Gugi
By Asura.Gugi 2011-01-10 00:14:18  
Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said:
Asura.Gugi said:

After this thread, I would be sceptical about joining this guy. So take it from me, i tp in Walahra Turban and Amemet Mantle +1 at level 90

Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-01-10 07:27:56  
Asura.Gugi said:
Asura.Gugi said:

After this thread, I would be sceptical about joining this guy. So take it from me, i tp in Walahra Turban and Amemet Mantle +1 at level 90

I'm sure you'll forgive me for putting my studies before a game. And while I may not have the best gear and it may be outdated, at least I know how to use it properly.

Edit: And at least I never used a Sarissa
 Asura.Takinagi
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-01-10 07:30:05  
The only real drama from asura is right here on this website. I am sure there are people around who still play the game to exp/missions. The only way to really find out is create a character here and see if you like it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-10 07:31:08  
Asura.Gugi said:
Asura.Gugi said:

In this post:

Gear still matters.

It's almost like it's still 2009.
By Artemicion 2011-01-10 07:35:24  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

That's a subjective point of view.
Starting over may seem like a waste of time and effort to many, but to others it may give a refreshing and potentially fulfilling experience to grasp the general concept and ideology behind the game. I for one enjoyed starting over, leveling up in a traditional manner, doing various quests, rank missions, leveling up my NPC, and basically taking the time to smell the roses, enjoy the scenery.

I find that a lot more entertaining and gratifying than RedSkyFantasyXI.
But then again I'm a nostalgic. Can't really say this for someone legitimately just picking up FFXI. It would be a strange and uncomfortable environment, that's for sure.
 Asura.Gugi
By Asura.Gugi 2011-01-10 08:47:43  

@LV 75 Sarissa Augmented > Sarissa non-augmented > V fork

Sarissa gives you a 6 hit /sam(507 delay). I was out parsing/preforming w/e you wanna call it; V fork dragoons with a non augmented sarissa and with the same gear sets. If i wasn't being such a lazy ***, that sarissa would of had +8 crit and +10 WS acc.

Asura.Katniss
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-01-10 09:08:03  
recently switched to this server and honestly, it's not bad at all.

asura just has a bad rep on these forums because of the people who post here.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2011-01-10 09:13:06  
Asura.Gugi said:

Sarissa gives you a 6 hit /sam(507 delay). I was out parsing/preforming w/e you wanna call it; V fork dragoons with a non augmented sarissa and with the same gear sets. If i wasn't being such a lazy ***, that sarissa would of had +8 crit and +10 WS acc.

No. No it wasn't. V fork beat Sarissa hands down, augmented or not. And you could also 6-hit it easily, so that arguement isn't valid either.

If I remember the last thread, you had no proof that you out-parsed other drgs, except for (non-existent) hearsay from friends, which we all learnt stands for more than action. Just screenshots of mediocre Drakesbane damage. You also tried to argue that minuet was more beneficial than march.

So, my apologies, but I don't believe you.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-10 09:14:07  
Asura.Gugi said:

No. No it wasn't. V fork beat Sarissa hands down, augmented or not. And you could also 6-hit it easily, so that arguement isn't valid either.

If I remember the last thread, you had no proof that you out-parsed other drgs, except for (non-existent) hearsay from friends, which we all learnt stands for more than action. Just screenshots of mediocre Drakesbane damage. You also tried to argue that minuet was more beneficial than march.

wat
 Asura.Gugi
By Asura.Gugi 2011-01-10 09:19:26  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Gugi said:

wat

Ight I'll man up and admit i was wrong with the whole min/march thing lol.
By Rustytiger 2011-01-10 09:41:46  
xKrafty said:
I'm thinking of starting again on FFXI on a new server, whole new character and just going from scratch. If I was to move to asura would anyone be interested in taking me into there LS and getting me going? Current job levels that I've acomplished: RDM 90 SMN 84 BLM 56 WHM 39 NIN 39 WAR 23 The rest are below level 10. I'm a experienced player with all abyssea packs.

True, it will be different with the aspects of leveling from scratch now as opposed to years ago. Getting help with some things will be a challenge as well (without going into a personal rant about it myself), but with persistance and friends you can get around that.

Despite everyone's opinions at the end of the day it is your 12.95 a month, so you can do whatever you want with it. Nobody here can say otherwise let alone pay your bills. This is a game after all.

Post deleted by User.
By Rustytiger 2011-01-10 10:10:59  
Asura.Andevom said:
There is no such thing as a "drama free server."

This is true. There are drama llamas everywhere. The trick is which server you are willing to roll the punches with the most.