フォーラム » FFXIVPro.com » News » Linkshell Rankings
Linkshell Rankings
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-02-01 16:00:25  
Exactly like FFXIAH.com's listing. Linkshell points are calculated by the sum of the top 18 members in each linkshell.

Top Overall
http://www.ffxivpro.com/achievements/linkshells

Top by Server
http://www.ffxivpro.com/achievements/linkshells/server
By Stronglove 2011-02-02 02:57:41  
Any chance of a calculation by total SP generated rather than sum of ranks?
By jdcho99 2011-02-02 06:56:27  
Total Sp generated/or total score divided by 18 or if X amount if theres not 18 in the link shell. Not all LS have 18+ members =p
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-02-02 15:05:47  
Stronglove said:
Any chance of a calculation by total SP generated rather than sum of ranks?

It is in total SP.

jdcho99 said:
Total Sp generated/or total score divided by 18 or if X amount if theres not 18 in the link shell. Not all LS have 18+ members =p

Not quite sure what you are suggesting but I will guess and reply.

SUM(all member points) / 18
This will give an advantage to large linkshells so no.

SUM(top 18) / 18
This will just give the average points of the top 18 members. I think this might give the same rankings as SUM(top 18), which is what I am doing now, but just more boring since the highest linkshell score can't be more than the highest player. Leveling to change the average isn't as fun as earning points to increase the sum.

SUM(x) / x ( if x < 18 )
This will do the same above except make it more inaccurate. Example: A person with high points can just make an linkshell and get a high rank. This will give an advantage to small linkshells.

So linkshells with less than 18 are at a disadvantage with the current system. I think most linkshells have at least 18 members anyway.
By indecent 2011-02-02 15:23:47  
I dont think 18 is enough....thats a pretty small number for a "guild" I would say 25-30 would be better and more accurate for any serious guild.

Of course there is no "perfect" system and someone will always be at a disadvantage but if you take into account that max group size is 15 and if a guild were to build for that 18 would not be enough to run a guild for "raids" that size, for some hardcore, yes, but not your average. Also take into account that some guilds crafters/gathers as well as people focused on mainly battle.

Just some thoughts, great work!
By AtlasThomas 2011-02-02 16:06:34  
i aggree 18 is a tad bit low.
By beeker229 2011-02-02 16:34:50  
I think 18 is fine. Ha! Countered!

But really, my LS has 22 members (well, 21 plus me, the mascot) and we're doing just fine handling anything the game has. Over this and, to quote, "it's just another mouth to feed". In that you can take down (note the timing of this post; the 1.15a patch is currently uploading) the game's hardest content with like six people (four if they're all Lalafell ;) ), getting up to 40-some members is unnecessary.

I'm not trying to turn this into an e-peen measurement contest (on what is, no offense, an e-peen measuring website), just a statement that at this time, I think 18 is more than fine.

PS: Two yalms long, in case you're wondering.
By Suterusu 2011-02-02 16:39:55  
Also seeing that some people are in 2-8 linkshells and counting towards all of those linkshell scores, I wouldn't up it beyond 18. If 18 was chosen for max alliance size in XI then I would make it 15 for XIV; not that that would change much, just staying consistent.