Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15627 15628 15629 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Asura.Lokimaru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2014-10-16 21:14:01  
That's a little disappointing, why must you be the bearer of bad news, Kali!?
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-16 21:15:23  
Asura.Lokimaru said: »
That's a little disappointing, why must you be the bearer of bad news, Kali!?
I try not to :x!
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-16 21:15:27  
Oh geez, the lack of character swapping is going to cause so much rage.

Luckily for me, it's a feature I'm not a particular fan of. I prefer a smart AI/good AI customization (gambits/priorities from DA games) over micromanaging allies mid battle.
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
サーバ: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2014-10-16 21:17:39  
It's probably fine as long as you can at least change weapons with the main character. <_< I refuse to be tied down to one style!
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-16 21:18:20  
I don't need character swapping, cause if I'm being honest with myself, I know I'm just going to stick with a single character the whole game....

However, I think the new director is making cuts in development to push the product out, with heavy influence from SE.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-10-16 21:20:59  
Press "X" to Jason just became Press "X" to Final Fantasy.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-16 21:23:12  
Asura.Lokimaru said: »
It's probably fine as long as you can at least change weapons with the main character. <_< I refuse to be tied down to one style!
Yup.

YouTube Video Placeholder

~1:30 in, part of the UI shows multiple weapons I assume you can scroll through in the heat of combat.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-16 21:29:37  
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-16 21:30:43  
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-16 21:37:35  
Kalila said: »
I don't need character swapping, cause if I'm being honest with myself, I know I'm just going to stick with a single character the whole game....

However, I think the new director is making cuts in development to push the product out, with heavy influence from SE.

When I play XII I just set up gambits for Basch and Balthier and play Vaan since he's the starting male character lol

I feel weird playing a female character so whatever character the game starts off with that's male is the one I'll most likely use throughout the whole game anyway
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-16 21:41:29  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

When I play XII I just set up gambits for Basch and Balthier and play Vaan since he's the starting male character lol

I feel weird playing a female character so whatever character the game starts off with that's male is the one I'll most likely use throughout the whole game anyway
:|!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-16 21:42:11  
What :|
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-16 21:42:58  
Same reason I don't make female characters in games like Skyrim or Dragon Age, I play them as an extension of myself
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-10-16 21:45:16  
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-16 21:54:35  
Same reason I don't make female characters in games like Skyrim or Dragon Age, I play them as an extension of myself
I do get that guys don't want to play girl characters because they want to be immersed in the game as an extension of them self like you said, which makes sense in a game where you create your own character but not so much to me in a game that has static characters with its own story. I just think it's weird to avoid the main character because of their gender.

It doesnt' really matter though, I just think it's a bit weird. Maybe that's because there aren't as many main girl characters that have strong powerful main roles. They do exist they just aren't as frequent, which I'm not complaining, having a strong female role that isn't all about fanservice is very rare but I appreciate when they do them well.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-16 22:00:20  
I do get that guys don't want to play girl characters because they want to be immersed in the game as an extension of them self like you said, which makes sense in a game where you create your own character but not so much to me in a game that has static characters with its own story. I just think it's weird to avoid the main character because of their gender.

It doesnt' really matter though, I just think it's a bit weird. Maybe that's because there aren't as many main girl characters that have strong powerful main roles. They do exist they just aren't as frequent, which I'm not complaining, having a strong female role that isn't all about fanservice is very rare but I appreciate when they do them well.

I'm the other way around, I play female character's in games I'm very much prefer to try both roles, but I always lean to preferring watching the rear of a gener I'm attracted too rather than my own.

I don't think of the player as an extension of myself maybes thats the fundamental difference. Perhaps if VR comes out that will changes.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-16 22:03:39  

I'm not opposed to female characters but I do feel weird playing them. As long as they're well written I don't mind but characters like Lightning? No. Gross.

Give me more of Morrigan instead
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-16 22:03:49  
:D
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-16 22:04:09  
play female characters in games, so i'm not staring at a dude's *** half the time
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-16 22:04:33  
Or Lara from Tomb Raider.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-16 22:05:22  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
I love the new lara <3
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-16 22:08:52  
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2014-10-16 22:10:02  
Do what I do and make your female character manly as *** that takes ***from nobody
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-16 22:10:30  
I really want to get over my confusion on the guns in borderlands, I really like the game. If I could just get past that part it would be so fun for me :<
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-16 22:11:06  
I just play with whatever character I feel is the best character. In Destiny I play with a female hunter because I thought all the male skins sucked. Mass Effect it was the other way around. FFXII, I didn't like any of them, so I just went with the characters that had the good quickenings. I think it was Ashe, Basch, and Fran.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-16 22:11:15  
what's the confusion on the guns ?
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-16 22:16:15  
I look at the one I have equipped, then the one on the ground that just dropped, and I don't know the difference to know which one is better. It happens with every single drop.

It's what ruined the game for me, twice.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-16 22:20:19  
With Borderlands I just accepted that every gun was gonna suck regardless. That said, won't be playing the presequel, didn't come out on my console.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-16 22:27:52  
I look at the one I have equipped, then the one on the ground that just dropped, and I don't know the difference to know which one is better. It happens with every single drop.

It's what ruined the game for me, twice.

What part of it is confusing you? Elemental affinities and stuff? Which stats are better?

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
With Borderlands I just accepted that every gun was gonna suck regardless.

Say that to the gun that shoots swords which explode into smaller swords!
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-10-16 22:28:23  
if its green compared to your gear its better :|
First Page 2 3 ... 15627 15628 15629 ... 22715 22716 22717