Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15632 15633 15634 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 13:11:27  
Female Thor is badass.

Jetackuu said: »
volkom said: »
nope

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-17 13:14:09  
By volkom 2014-10-17 13:17:27  
much rather prefer a female version of iron man
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-17 13:18:37  
or female capt.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 13:21:53  
Iron Man is a Man. It's right in the name, derp!

It'd have to be Iron Lady, or something, and that was already Maggy Thatcher, and her powers were entirely different.

So, I mean this is, really, what I'm getting at:

Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-17 13:22:58  
would still take her over f. thor.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-17 13:24:35  
Thor apparently doesn't even call himself that anymore, he's "Odinson" now and no Asgardian can lift the hammer. Sounds more like they ruined the story lol
By Artemicion 2014-10-17 13:24:41  
Whatever man, I'll take this any day of the week. Super awesome.

[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-10-17 13:24:53  
Female Thor just looks like Hawkgirl.

I think She Hulk is the only female crossover I ever thought worked really well.

Female Carnage works too, especially on a specific 3-7 days a month.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-17 13:25:09  
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 13:25:52  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
would still take her over f. thor.

Scared of a woman that isn't a submissive anime girl, I understand. *patpat*

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Thor apparently doesn't even call himself that anymore, he's "Odinson" now and no Asgardian can lift the hammer. Sounds more like they ruined the story lol

No one except Thor could ever lift the hammer. That's just how it's always been.
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-10-17 13:26:08  

Odinson is just a formality, since heritage and lineage is pretty sacred among Asgardians. I don't know what it is in particular that makes you think the story is ruined. It's just a different perspective, which I welcome with open arms.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2014-10-17 13:26:40  
Why don't you ever want to beat Odinson at checkers?

Because he's a Thor loser.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-17 13:27:09  
Well Thor can't lift the hammer and went emo or something and now calls himself Odinson instead
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-17 13:27:38  
Also what they say in the 2.4 patch video at the start is very different from the Japanese video lol
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 13:30:52  
Well Thor can't lift the hammer and went emo or something and now calls himself Odinson instead

The Marvel universe is pretty splintered and, I'll be honest, I'm not even sure what canon Thor is anymore there. If you go by the movies, those are a mish-mash of the Ultimates and regular universes anyhow, so...

You mean the human that "was" Thor isn't anymore, and the woman is now the wielder of the hammer and is Thor, and the human who lost it is still claiming to be Odinson even though he's not, strictly speaking?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-17 13:31:30  
He screwed something up so the hammer doesn't accept him as it's owner or something. It gave it's allegiance to someone it felt was worthy. It chose a woman.

Get over it?

Not really into comic book super heroes, but more non-damsel in distress female characters is always a good thing.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-17 13:32:38  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
He screwed something up so the hammer doesn't accept him as it's owner or something. It gave it's allegiance to someone it felt was worthy. It chose a woman.

i'm perfectly fine with this. just don't call her Thor
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2014-10-17 13:32:50  

I love the iron saints suit in SR4. Wish you could customize it a bit more though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-17 13:33:36  

Get over it?

Not really into comic book super heroes, but more non-damsel in distress female characters is always a good thing.

It doesn't bother me but she's not Thor so why call her that

It's not a title either, it's his name
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 13:33:43  
I sadly haven't kept up with comics for the past decade+ either. I used to really love them, but I just couldn't keep up through college and my priorities and disposable income are elsewhere now. =\
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 13:35:42  

Get over it?

It doesn't bother me but she's not Thor so why call her that

It's not a title either, it's his name

I'm pretty certain in the original comics, Thor was sort of a title. Or, at least, it was his name only after he (a mortal) took up the hammer. Without it he wasn't Thor. Just...Joe Schmoe from Long Island or whatever.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-17 13:36:52  
Quote:
Thor's father Odin decides his son needed to be taught humility and consequently places Thor (without memories of godhood) into the body and memories of an existing, partially disabled human medical student, Donald Blake.[46] After becoming a doctor and on vacation in Norway, Blake witnesses the arrival of an alien scouting party. Blake flees from the aliens into a cave. After discovering Thor's hammer Mjolnir (disguised as a walking stick) and striking it against a rock, he transforms into the thunder god.[47] Later, in Thor #158, Blake is revealed to have always been Thor, Odin's enchantment having caused him to forget his history as The Thunder God and believe himself mortal.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-17 13:37:04  
It's not a title lol
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-17 13:37:07  
Draco is swede, he's Thor!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-17 13:37:17  
The 'Thor' in the comics isn't actually Thor. He's a random human Mjollnir gave it's allegiance to giving him Thor-like powers.

So he shouldn't be called Thor either since he wasn't actually Thor.

EDIT: I stand corrected I guess. the *** Marvel.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 13:38:25  
Quote:
Thor's father Odin decides his son needed to be taught humility and consequently places Thor (without memories of godhood) into the body and memories of an existing, partially disabled human medical student, Donald Blake.[46] After becoming a doctor and on vacation in Norway, Blake witnesses the arrival of an alien scouting party. Blake flees from the aliens into a cave. After discovering Thor's hammer Mjolnir (disguised as a walking stick) and striking it against a rock, he transforms into the thunder god.[47] Later, in Thor #158, Blake is revealed to have always been Thor, Odin's enchantment having caused him to forget his history as The Thunder God and believe himself mortal.

Ah. Well, I guess that changes things.

I told you it'd been a decade+!

Still. I'm perfectly fine with female Thunder God.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-17 13:39:04  
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Scared of a woman that isn't a submissive anime girl, I understand. *patpat*
huh?

never did like Thor anyways.
seems he had a hammer up his butt and always acts high and mighty.

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-17 13:39:58  
The 'Thor' in the comics isn't actually Thor. He's a random human Mjollnir gave it's allegiance to giving him Thor-like powers.

So he shouldn't be called Thor either since he wasn't actually Thor.

Did you even read what I posted? lol

Also:

Quote:
Thor learns that Angela is the daughter of Odin and that she was thought to have been killed during Asgard's war with the Angels of the Tenth Realm. In response, Odin severed the Tenth Realm from the other nine realms and removed all memory of its existence. Thor confronts Frigga about these events and travels to the Tenth Realm with Loki to learn more about his "sister".[191] Later, Nick Fury whispers an unrevealed secret to Thor that causes him to lose the ability to pick up his hammer.[192]

In the aftermath of "Original Sin" storyline, Thor loses his arm in combat against Malekith the Accursed as an unidentified female lifts Mjolnir; taking possession of Thor's power.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-17 13:41:07  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
nope
First Page 2 3 ... 15632 15633 15634 ... 22715 22716 22717