Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15754 15755 15756 ... 22718 22719 22720
By Fyyvoaa 2014-11-07 15:53:48  
Back in my XI days that's almost what all my linkshells did, if you weren't part of some elite crew or the leaders friends... you got the sloppy seconds.

I think I had only one good Sky/Dynamis LS, my social LS was ok (although I never got much help from them ... but eh I wasn't expecting much :p)
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-07 15:56:13  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Fyyvoaa said: »
I've come to hate end game in XIV just as I did in XI. The only difference is I made it to end game in XI. Main issue is that no one plays end game for fun, no one gives a flying *** about the journey because destination is everything and if you don't know your way there, you better by God get a road map before departing, otherwise you're trash and *** you for being a first timer.

It isn't so much the events, the balance, or the difficulty, it's the negativity from the player base. Pls uninstall.

You mean people play the game to have fun?!?

most of the d-bags I've ran across are the super srs players that think it's way more then a game.

I mean really... it's a game, go out... pay a hooker... do something dude.
pls uninstall, filthy casual.

No, seriously though. I know I've thrown fits over Titan HM in the past, I bring this up before it's thrown in my face, I also know I have yet to actually master Titan's HM rotation. I know my limits and have yet to delve into Coil or Extremes. Throughout the quest for Sphairai, I acted a fool, threw fits, and was inconsiderate. Hindsight is 20-20, so for SCH I made my relic for fun and took my time, and in doing so, I saw others start to hit their brick wall and become frustrated, but I said nothing because I know the feeling and I regret my Titan HM shitstorms, but they were all mistakes I learned from; it's a game, I should enjoy it or save my monthly $12.99 to do something else with.

Gotta start somewhere, I'm still trying to get through First coil lol,

Hell I haven't even started much of the new content other then getting ROG, I want to at least unlock NIN first.
I'm enjoying NIN, but yeah. In XI, I didn't do Nyzul until me and some friends started a static group at lv 99. If we won, awesome but if not, awesome. We'd laugh and try again. I'd much rather run stuff with a group of friends who can laugh off a loss than going with srsgaiz. I recently accepted an invite to a social FC, I went a long time without one because the first ones I had left a bad taste in my mouth; if you weren't in the core 8 or 9, you were on your own but they demanded you get stuff to benefit them on your own, without their help. It was stressful.
This is kinda why I'm glad I've stuck with my original idea. Have a small FC(6 members if I remember correctly) was originally formed between me and 2 RL friends because we all wanted to play together from the get go. Do we have much done? No, in fact we just got everyone back on since I took such a long break until I could get a proper PC to play on. But we're working slowly now, wanna give coil a try soonish and right now our biggest goal is just getting the funds for a FC house.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-07 15:56:53  
I'm pretty sure we could all post age old drama from our HNMLS days, but why bring back the headaches? I'd rather read foxnews blogs.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 16:00:40  
Speaking of the above, let me tell you about my old HNM LS in XI!

So, we were doing pretty good in Sky and CoP comes out, still going strong and then they added Sea. So, LS tells me I should work on getting Sea access and when I can I do. THEN one night during Sky, Kirin's Osode. "This one is yours, Kojo." Awesome, about a week later "Hey, you ever think of leveling a mage?" "Yeah, I like BLM, but I'll do it much later." a couple of days go by and they start pressuring me to start on BLM, this was during the early days of ToAU when BLMs soloed for weeks to 75, after awhile the leader tells me that he and the officers were talking and decided that all melee only members are barred from events till they have a mage at 75, so I am working on BLM, solo, trying to get through CoP with no help from those demanding it, and one night I get a /tell while I'm just chilling for a few mins before logging "We gave you an Osode, why aren't you leveling BLM right now?"

So they gave me an Osode as a bargaining chip to make me level a job that can't use the Osode in the first place, basically I told him I'd be keeping the Osode as payment for the hours I wasted on a job I now no longer enjoyed and I dropped the pearl.

Now, here's a few things about this LS. 1. I was either second or third in line of seniority in the LS, I stuck with them through an LS break and the reforming, and I even passed up an invite to one of the top NA HNM LSs, most senior members were officers and a couple of times I was randomly booted by the newer members who would be gone as soon as they got the item they wanted yet no one admitted to doing it. 2. Years after the LS broke for good I talked to former officers who addressed a few things. They had no idea why I was pushed up in line for the Osode, didn't like that another member was allowed to leave after getting his Osode with no questions asked, they told me that the leader never discussed anything about barring melee only members from anything for any reason, and the one I was arguing with at the time said that SHE never booted me and didn't know who did as it was never discussed. One said that it was mentioned that I should've been an officer given my time with the LS, but didn't know why I wasn't. Finally one said that the leader had a tendency to just make up rules when convenient so I'm assuming that's where most of the *** came from. I loved those guys but the LS was kinda ran by ***, I never had an actual HNM LS or EGLS afterwards, I just did stuff with friends.
Something I forgot to mention, several of the officers said the leader told them I had taken the Osode and ran with it instead of showing up to events while I was "barred" from them. They said it never made sense till I talked to them years later as I'd occasionally pop into LS.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-11-07 16:01:57  
Back in my XI days that's almost what all my linkshells did, if you weren't part of some elite crew or the leaders friends... you got the sloppy seconds.
Pretty much all the endgame LS's back in the day were run like that. Leader was only interested in what they could get, if you didn't know the leader(s) personally good luck getting anything. Main reason I never bothered with endgame for awhile.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 16:02:08  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I've come to hate end game in XIV just as I did in XI. The only difference is I made it to end game in XI. Main issue is that no one plays end game for fun, no one gives a flying *** about the journey because destination is everything and if you don't know your way there, you better by God get a road map before departing, otherwise you're trash and *** you for being a first timer.

It isn't so much the events, the balance, or the difficulty, it's the negativity from the player base. Pls uninstall.

You mean people play the game to have fun?!?

most of the d-bags I've ran across are the super srs players that think it's way more then a game.

I mean really... it's a game, go out... pay a hooker... do something dude.
pls uninstall, filthy casual.

No, seriously though. I know I've thrown fits over Titan HM in the past, I bring this up before it's thrown in my face, I also know I have yet to actually master Titan's HM rotation. I know my limits and have yet to delve into Coil or Extremes. Throughout the quest for Sphairai, I acted a fool, threw fits, and was inconsiderate. Hindsight is 20-20, so for SCH I made my relic for fun and took my time, and in doing so, I saw others start to hit their brick wall and become frustrated, but I said nothing because I know the feeling and I regret my Titan HM shitstorms, but they were all mistakes I learned from; it's a game, I should enjoy it or save my monthly $12.99 to do something else with.

Gotta start somewhere, I'm still trying to get through First coil lol,

Hell I haven't even started much of the new content other then getting ROG, I want to at least unlock NIN first.
I'm enjoying NIN, but yeah. In XI, I didn't do Nyzul until me and some friends started a static group at lv 99. If we won, awesome but if not, awesome. We'd laugh and try again. I'd much rather run stuff with a group of friends who can laugh off a loss than going with srsgaiz. I recently accepted an invite to a social FC, I went a long time without one because the first ones I had left a bad taste in my mouth; if you weren't in the core 8 or 9, you were on your own but they demanded you get stuff to benefit them on your own, without their help. It was stressful.
This is kinda why I'm glad I've stuck with my original idea. Have a small FC(6 members if I remember correctly) was originally formed between me and 2 RL friends because we all wanted to play together from the get go. Do we have much done? No, in fact we just got everyone back on since I took such a long break until I could get a proper PC to play on. But we're working slowly now, wanna give coil a try soonish and right now our biggest goal is just getting the funds for a FC house.
Yeah, I noticed you and your RL friend on last night. Have fun with the house!
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-07 16:05:39  
Actually had both of 'em on last night~ \o/

Granted I'm not sure how much longer Slendah will join us. He's become pretty busy and was the hardest to get back on. :/ Either way we're getting close to our "role switch," so soon I get to try my hand at murdering everyone playing tank.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 16:06:48  

Granted I'm not sure how much longer Slendah will join us. He's become pretty busy and was the hardest to get back on. :/ Either way we're getting close to our "role switch," so soon I get to try my hand at murdering everyone playing tank.
Try healer after that. lol
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-07 16:12:21  

I might. But my ability to heal in a game like this may be pretty, eh. I don't honestly care for being in the back lines very often.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 16:14:07  

I might. But my ability to heal in a game like this may be pretty, eh. I don't honestly care for being in the back lines very often.
I like it, but I have to toggle the Sheathe/Unsheathe hotbar swap off for SCH.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 16:21:31  
30 minutes until the weekend!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 16:24:40  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I hope you get asked to work overtime and on Saturday. :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 16:27:23  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I hope you get asked to work overtime and on Saturday. :D
During off-season? Fat chance that's happening.
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2014-11-07 16:29:13  
>Kamen Rider W subbed blu-ray batch is out

Now all that's left are the Director's Cut of Gaia Memories of Fate, Movie War Core and the W Returns movies. @_@
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 16:47:23  
Whenever Leon is on I only see it when he logs out (because of FC message) lol
By Fyyvoaa 2014-11-07 16:50:52  
Ok now that I have actual gear on ROG seems to be going faster.

also assassinate :| (yeah I am THAT low lol)

Retainer did bring me ifrit daggers though so I guess until I can start working on my Relic... i'll use those? (I have to see how much the daggers are to begin with, I know I don't have enough to buy them lol)
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 17:03:44  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Whenever Leon is on I only see it when he logs out (because of FC message) lol
Is it possible that an FC can disable that or did I filter it? I don't see it in my FC.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 17:05:04  
You can enable it
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 17:06:08  
Log settings > general chat log > announcements > Free company member login notifications
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 17:24:31  
Ah, ok.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-11-07 17:37:34  
Oh boy... Because some FC cleared Turn 13 in a week with a MNK and NIN, DRG is suddenly completely not viable for raiding Final Coil.

Silly as it is, I can see their point. Lowest MDef in the game, lower than crafting/gathering classes, in fact. And everything unavoidable is magical damage.

Animation lock is still a thing no other job has to worry about for the entire duration of a fight.

Has less but more punishing positional requirements than MNK for far less damage. NIN is stronger as well, but with only one positional requirement. Both have more raid utility.

Ranged classes are ranged classes. SMN is stonger. BLM is roughly the same if not slightly stronger. BRD is weaker but with 100% uptime and Foe's Requiem.

So, yeah. :|
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 18:25:25  
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/07/7-new-mass-effect-4-concept-art-images-released
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-07 18:27:28  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Oh boy... Because some FC cleared Turn 13 in a week with a MNK and NIN, DRG is suddenly completely not viable for raiding Final Coil.

Silly as it is, I can see their point. Lowest MDef in the game, lower than crafting/gathering classes, in fact. And everything unavoidable is magical damage.

Animation lock is still a thing no other job has to worry about for the entire duration of a fight.

Has less but more punishing positional requirements than MNK for far less damage. NIN is stronger as well, but with only one positional requirement. Both have more raid utility.

Ranged classes are ranged classes. SMN is stonger. BLM is roughly the same if not slightly stronger. BRD is weaker but with 100% uptime and Foe's Requiem.

So, yeah. :|

DPS ceiling is much lower for DRG than it is for MNK or NIN. makes the tight DPS pushes in T12 and T13 extremely difficult. I'm hoping they buff jumps and FT combo to bring us up to par.
サーバ: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-11-07 19:02:25  

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 19:03:32  
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-07 19:36:05  
Hmm if I was to start FF14 soon, should i play on PS4 or PC ~.~
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 19:38:44  
You can use a mouse and keyboard on PS4 so if you wanna save so money you could play on that if you don't have a decent gaming PC
サーバ: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-11-07 20:02:42  
[+]
サーバ: Coeurl
user: drokin
By Droh Kinn 2014-11-07 20:12:11  

Two questions (not necessarily just for Spath).

It's been a while, so I can't remember who plays on which servers. I've been trying to get myself to take the time to log on, but I was never really super close with anyone in my FC. Since I'm also going to be dragging my girlfriend along this time (and she's fairly new to MMOs in general), I'd like to play along with some people I'm comfortable doing group stuff with who will be patient with someone who won't know much more about these games than how to run around and start/complete quests.

I'm not super far along, but I'd still probably rather transfer than restart, because I'm at least up to Amdapor Keep on my relic, and I'd hate to have to start crafts all over again.
First Page 2 3 ... 15754 15755 15756 ... 22718 22719 22720