Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16168 16169 16170 ... 22714 22715 22716

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2015-01-06 19:54:00  
Schizm Gallantry said: »

Only one thing I can say about that gif:

OUCH

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-01-06 19:55:48  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Schutz and Anna sitting in a tree, M-E-S-S-A-G-I-N-G! First comes text posts, then comes Skype calls, then comes skydiving into close to freefall!
I kinda feel a friendzone coming after that.
Don't worry, Schutz is the understanding type!
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2015-01-06 19:57:50  
Kalila said: »
I just want say what's been on my mind for a few months now and going to leave it at that.

I love RT, I have no negative feelings towards anyone who participates in it, and I think the discussions we have are fun and help pass the time on days that might otherwise have been a downer.

However, I don't care for the sexual discussions that frequently happen. 90% of the time when I open up RT the current discussion topic is sexual related, and I choose not to participate. I feel like I'm pushing myself out of RT just because I don't want to take part in a certain type of discussion, a discussion that happens every single day, multiple times a day.

It's not easy for me to start a discussion or take part in a current one. That's just the type of person I am. I don't mind not knowing what to say and just sitting back reading what you all are talking about, liking a few posts that made me laugh, and maybe quote a few people who I'd like to reply to or say hello. However, I feel that there are people who have stopped participating in RT because of its frequent sexual discussions, and I can't agree with that.

I think you're all free to want to discuss about anything you wish, this is random thoughts after all, but I don't think it should come at the cost of pushing people away who would have otherwise stayed if the discussion was a bit more friendly to join. There's nothing wrong with having a sexual discussion, but the fact is it makes some people uncomfortable no matter what gender they are, their age, or whether they are currently in an intimate relationship or not. Some people just don't like talking about it, period. It's not that they are against it, but they don't feel good talking about it, so they just choose not to participate when they might have wanted to.

Also, blacklisting someone isn't a reliable option. You will still see the discussion, and quotes of anyone you blacklist. Besides, it shouldn't have to come to that, when all it takes is a different discussion to fix the dozen of problems this has been causing.

Also, the people who frequently partake in it calling us out and telling us to get the sand out of our vaginas is a bit insulting. We aren't calling you anything negative. I know it's just a saying and what you mean by it, but you're targeting everyone who has a problem with it by saying it.

I'm sorry if my post upsets anyone, but really I just want RT to be a place we all can discuss and have fun, where it is open and free for anyone to join our discussions.
If it gets us more Kali time, then I will definitely cut back on the sexy times talks, not that I'm in here a ton these days anyway.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-01-06 19:58:48  
LOL (at .gif) :p

I do get where the mods are coming from, though. I remember long ago I think it was Dorian who stated that he, as admin, actually frowned upon the creation of super-long-mega-threads like RT/Ni/LOL pics, etc. due to their inability to be modded easily (and thus enforced) because long-standing posters would become so attached to them. This would be in contrast to standard short-lived threads where faster/easier moderation (topic ban, removal of posts, rule enforcement, even nuking) would be more expected.

It does make moderation of the longer threads that much harder/much more of a balancing act.

If it gets us more Kali time, then I will definitely cut back on the sexy times talks, not that I'm in here a ton these days anyway.

I agree with this, too. :p
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-01-06 20:02:20  
*stretches out on the RT couch*
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2015-01-06 20:03:49  
*lays on the couch with Spath*

What's up buddy? :D
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-06 20:04:21  
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
LOL (at .gif) :p

I do get where the mods are coming from, though. I remember long ago I think it was Dorian who stated that he, as admin, actually frowned upon the creation of super-long-mega-threads like RT/Ni/LOL pics, etc. due to their inability to be modded easily (and thus enforced) because long-standing posters would become so attached to them. This would be in contrast to standard short-lived threads where faster/easier moderation (topic ban, removal of posts, rule enforcement, even nuking) would be more expected.

It does make moderation of the longer threads that much harder/much more of a balancing act.

I agree with this, too. :p
We once got a warning about anime "plot" images needing to be removed, I spent 4-5 hours sifting through around 250 pages removing stuff. I think Scragg thought I was joking when I told him.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-01-06 20:06:17  

Waiting for a mechanic to finish up putting some fluid into my mothers car so that I may steal it for my interview tomorrow... And keeping Meshi and my friend waiting for me on monster hunter. :<
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-06 20:07:28  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Maliciousness is the single greatest hurdle and problem creator in a thread like this; Friends joke back and forth or dig at/insult each other playfully and if one of them crosses a line they have a friendship to be able to work on that.

But just random strangers randomly being malicious for no reason? That's where these problems come from, imagine schism posted a video tonight and Acker comes in and starts movking him and insulting him for it, with no prior conversation or being friends etc.

That's the unhealthy behaviour that happens and often. Back and forth with no effort towards resolution like a group of 5 year olds or emotional retards endlessly. So people get fed up and stop posting or give up on the site etc

If you're friends with a poster and enjoy ragging on each other for fun, that's great and I do that often as well. It's just a very easy line to cross into unhealthy behaviour.
¿Que?

¿Manuel...que?
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-01-06 20:07:45  
-flips the couch-
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-06 20:08:34  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Maliciousness is the single greatest hurdle and problem creator in a thread like this; Friends joke back and forth or dig at/insult each other playfully and if one of them crosses a line they have a friendship to be able to work on that.

But just random strangers randomly being malicious for no reason? That's where these problems come from, imagine schism posted a video tonight and Acker comes in and starts movking him and insulting him for it, with no prior conversation or being friends etc.

That's the unhealthy behaviour that happens and often. Back and forth with no effort towards resolution like a group of 5 year olds or emotional retards endlessly. So people get fed up and stop posting or give up on the site etc

If you're friends with a poster and enjoy ragging on each other for fun, that's great and I do that often as well. It's just a very easy line to cross into unhealthy behaviour.

Don't think anyone mentioned this

It was concerning people discussing sex and others not wanting to post during such conversation, no one was saying anything about malicious posts.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2015-01-06 20:09:58  
Aww we're flippin' furniture now?? FUN!

(also, totally just got Chrono Trigger for the DS today!)
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2015-01-06 20:10:58  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »

Waiting for a mechanic to finish up putting some fluid into my mothers car so that I may steal it for my interview tomorrow... And keeping Meshi and my friend waiting for me on monster hunter. :<
I wish you the best of luck in your interview :O!

I raise my pinky and brace my mountain dew can in your honour(like a Brit)!

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-01-06 20:12:58  
Don't you humor me with your unneeded support pinky!

This reminds me I was making coffee before I left. :/ probably cold by now.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-06 20:12:59  

Why not just install the fluid yourself? Kali said she rebuilt her own transmission last week. Kali > You.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-06 20:14:10  
She's some kind of android though
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2015-01-06 20:14:17  
Anna Ruthven said: »

Why not just install the fluid yourself? Kali said she rebuilt her own transmission last week. Kali > You.
That's because Kali's a BAMF. Spath is a kinder and gentler soul!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-01-06 20:15:00  
Donny, you're out of your element!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-06 20:15:37  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I hear she runs on plutonium and Dr. Pepper.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-01-06 20:16:21  
Me and vehicular knowledge don't go together well... The fact I can drive a vehicle is probably a miracle. :<

But something about differential fluid leaking... Can't get it fixed this week, but as long as it doesn't go too far it's drivable. And it starts... Unlike the truck. :<
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-06 20:18:26  
Me and vehicular knowledge don't go together well... The fact I can drive a vehicle is probably a miracle. :<

But something about differential fluid leaking... Can't get it fixed this week, but as long as it doesn't go too far it's drivable. And it starts... Unlike the truck. :<
Sounds like you just need either a quick gasket replacement or perhaps a from seal which would require dropping the drive shaft, Kali knows the details.

Spath, you ever seen Person 4 Anime?
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-01-06 20:19:14  
Nope. Just bits and pieces.
サーバ: Ultros
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-01-06 20:19:32  
So this is pretty neat!

(If you click this link, come back like 20 mins later and the web page may finally be loaded. lol)
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2015-01-06 20:19:40  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
B.A.M.F.-2209 - Bipedal Anthropomorphic Machine Female

Designation: Kalila

Specialization: Espionage

Talents: Master Chef, Mechanic, Chess Grandmaster, Rifle Sharpshooter, Hand to Hand Combat, Poisons and other Chemicals

Mission: Infiltrate the primates who inhabit Earth, blend in, and ready the planet for cleansing and sale.
First Page 2 3 ... 16168 16169 16170 ... 22714 22715 22716