Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16520 16521 16522 ... 22715 22716 22717
By Bloodrose 2015-02-13 02:29:09  
And yet, for someone as into electronics and circuitry as you are, I thought it would be common knowledge that the different types of breakers would give away that kind of idiocy.

There are small residential breakers, medium breakers, and large breakers that apply legally.

*I know this, because I'm actually looking at them right now*
Bloodrose said: »
Quote:
A circuit breaker is an automatically operated electrical switch designed to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused by overload or short circuit. Its basic function is to detect a fault condition and interrupt current flow. Unlike a fuse, which operates once and then must be replaced, a circuit breaker can be reset (either manually or automatically) to resume normal operation. Circuit breakers are made in varying sizes, from small devices that protect an individual household appliance up to large switchgear designed to protect high voltage circuits feeding an entire city.
It's rather evident you missed the bolded part.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-13 03:01:30  
I didn't miss it, it's besides the point as the term you used isn't the correct one for what you were referencing in the first place.

You're being obtuse at this point just to argue, instead of just admitting that you used the wrong term.

The reason it's the wrong term is because outside of your home an arrangement of parts is used to provide and regulate power from the power plant to the sub stations, to the neighborhoods (power box in the US) and then to the individual buildings or groups, but buildings usually have their own meter (where the power also comes in).

Obviously there's other complications to this, especially in multi tenant buildings with submetering and the like, but hey.

Circuit breakers are almost always a term referencing the devices in your fuse box, while there are ones that exist outside of that, most wouldn't be able to distinguish them from the other electronic equipment used to regulate power.

Somebody probably just knocked out your transformer, or a higher up transformer which both sets were branched off.

tl;dr the word you were looking for is transformer, and the only "circuit breaker" having to deal with residential buildings is way too small to just have one for a whole building.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-13 03:15:20  
Not to mention, even those "large switchgear" devices aren't individual breakers, which invalidates your rant anyway.

At the street corner:

Transformers (rather large ones at that) (used to step the high voltage lines down before it goes into your house, if it's the last one before the house, I'm pretty sure it goes down to 240 at that point, maybe 120, I'm not a residential electrician, but if I remember right the 240v lines in your home are across 2 120's and not a direct 240 feed, moot for those that are in the UK and run 240 anyway (and other places).

typical household circuit breaker, which by all logical deduction is what people refer to when they say "circuit breaker"

breaker panel (what people call a fuse box, even though most don't use fuses anymore)

/ramble
 Asura.Ackeronll
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-13 03:17:54  
Some one put a cake on the floor of our FC Estate.

Can say for a fact it has surpassed the 3 second rule.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-13 03:19:08  
But is it a lie though?
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-13 03:23:00  
Jetackuu said: »
But is it a lie though?
No it's a Valentines Cake. So it's true and a sad reminder of forever alone.

I can't at least move it to a table either cause Drac took my furnishing privileges away for remodeling the Living Room.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-13 05:31:48  
Verda said: »
Bismarck.Zenim said: »
Bismarck.Zenim said: »
I'm missing out on the reference what is Lobos?
He is a famous person on twitch that streams video games, but far more skilled than the average so he's usually popular and entertaining etc

Has done a crapload of amazing dark souls runs which would be the equivelant of a lvl 75 soloing kirin or something insane.
Thanks for informing me :)

I never liked watching others play idk. It still surprises me how popular it is.
/shrug people have been watching others play games for millennium so it's understandable; although it wasn't digital sports that long ago lol

I struggle to understand the enjoyable of sports either so :P Well, I liked playing. Just hated watching. Like, I can't even relate. Idk. Why would you watch if you could play it's so much more fun. I mean I crafted theories but they tend to lower my opinion of people so I would rather not go into them i guess :/ (I'm not saying I think less of you if you watch it)
To me its their personality. I could easily look up someone playing a game like CoD that's a complete jerk, and I wouldn't be entertained. I could find someone playing a game with zero commentary, and again, I wouldn't have any fun. Especially if they weren't giving any commentary, because then you really are just watching someone else play the game.

When you watch someone on youtube playing Minecraft, you aren't watching someone play Minecraft. You're watching one of your favorite personalities. I fully believe what made Minecraft as popular as it is today is because of the personalities that make videos. The mods help equally as well, but I think without the people making videos it just wouldn't have made as much of an impact.

A lot of people connect watching someone play a game with sports, I don't really agree with that connection unless you are watching a competitive game, or a tournament. In the case of the average video, it's more personal.

Here is my current list of gamers who I'm subscribed too:
AngryJoeShow BdoubleO100 EpicNameBro
EthosLab GameFront GameSocietyPimps
Generikb LetsPlay Lobos Jr
OnlyAfro paulsoaresjr PewDiePie
Pungence TheAdventureBits TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit
VaatiVidya

5 of them are Minecraft channels [BdoubleO100, EthosLab, Generikb, paulsoaresjr, Pungence)
6 of them are Dark Souls channels [EpicNameBro, GameFront, Lobos Jr, OnlyAfro, TheAdventureBits, VaatiVidya)
4 of them are silly commentary (AngryJoeShow, GameSocietyPimps, LetsPlay, PewDiePie)
1 of them are gaming critique (TotalBiscuit)

Every single one of those channels above falls into the personality/entertainer category. People also watch others play for E-Sports, professional gamers, new game releases, and speedrunning. There are also videos that are tutorials, but I don't think people load those videos up just to watch them, they are looking for information, unless it's for a fighting game then maybe. However, I don't care about your fastest time, or your top score, or how many headshots you can do. I watch those people above because they entertain me, make me laugh, make a rotten day so much better.

I watch them because they make me happy, because I enjoy it.

I don't watch them because I'm too lazy to play the game myself, or because I don't want to spend 60 dollars to buy the new game, and I just want to watch the game so I don't have to spend anything. There are videos for that purpose and an audience only interested in that, but to me it's just more personal.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-13 05:44:40  
Morning all.

16 more hours left to do this week.....

then it's another 60+ hours next week.......

and the week after....
and after.....
and after......
and after.......
and after x4..........

My only saving grace is....it's 61 days of busy season left to do.

@.@
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-13 05:45:07  

VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-13 05:59:03  
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-13 06:03:01  
Kalila said: »
To me its their personality. I could easily look up someone playing a game like CoD that's a complete jerk, and I wouldn't be entertained. I could find someone playing a game with zero commentary, and again, I wouldn't have any fun. Especially if they weren't giving any commentary, because then you really are just watching someone else play the game.

When you watch someone on youtube playing Minecraft, you aren't watching someone play Minecraft. You're watching one of your favorite personalities. I fully believe what made Minecraft as popular as it is today is because of the personalities that make videos. The mods help equally as well, but I think without the people making videos it just wouldn't have made as much of an impact.

A lot of people connect watching someone play a game with sports, I don't really agree with that connection unless you are watching a competitive game, or a tournament. In the case of the average video, it's more personal.

Here is my current list of gamers who I'm subscribed too:
AngryJoeShow BdoubleO100 EpicNameBro
EthosLab GameFront GameSocietyPimps
Generikb LetsPlay Lobos Jr
OnlyAfro paulsoaresjr PewDiePie
Pungence TheAdventureBits TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit
VaatiVidya

5 of them are Minecraft channels [BdoubleO100, EthosLab, Generikb, paulsoaresjr, Pungence)
6 of them are Dark Souls channels [EpicNameBro, GameFront, Lobos Jr, OnlyAfro, TheAdventureBits, VaatiVidya)
4 of them are silly commentary (AngryJoeShow, GameSocietyPimps, LetsPlay, PewDiePie)
1 of them are gaming critique (TotalBiscuit)

Every single one of those channels above falls into the personality/entertainer category. People also watch others play for E-Sports, professional gamers, new game releases, and speedrunning. There are also videos that are tutorials, but I don't think people load those videos up just to watch them, they are looking for information, unless it's for a fighting game then maybe. However, I don't care about your fastest time, or your top score, or how many headshots you can do. I watch those people above because they entertain me, make me laugh, make a rotten day so much better.

I watch them because they make me happy, because I enjoy it.

I don't watch them because I'm too lazy to play the game myself, or because I don't want to spend 60 dollars to buy the new game, and I just want to watch the game so I don't have to spend anything. There are videos for that purpose and an audience only interested in that, but to me it's just more personal.

I think you'd like Chuggaaconroy. :)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-13 06:03:04  
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-02-13 06:09:03  
PewDiePie

I can't figure out how people stand this guy.

I think the only people I watch are rooster teeth lol, their let's play minecraft series is okay.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-13 06:14:19  
Fyyvoaa said: »
PewDiePie

I think the only people I watch are rooster teeth lol, their let's play minecraft series is okay.
I don't really care for his quick 3-5 min video nonsense, but it's when he does his let's plays that I really like him.

Some of his better ones are To the Moon and The Last of Us.

I'll skip over about 50% of his videos. I know that's the stuff he likes to make, but it's just not what I'm into.

Again, that's why he's in my "silly commentary" category.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-13 06:15:26  
PewDiePie

For every 200 videos Pewdiepie posts, I only actually halfway enjoy one of them. My roommate is a huge fan, but I haven't seen her watch him in quite some time.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-13 06:16:08  
Darkalenia said: »
PewDiePie

For every 200 videos Pewdiepie posts, I only actually halfway enjoy one of them. My roommate is a huge fan, but I haven't seen her watch him in quite some time.
Probably got tired of him like you did.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-02-13 06:16:36  
PewDiePie

I don't really care for his quick 3-5 min video nonsense, but it's when he does his let's plays that I really like him.

Some of his better ones are To the Moon and The Last of Us.

I'll skip over about 50% of his videos. I know that's the stuff he likes to make, but it's just not what I'm into.

Again, that's why he's in my "silly commentary" category.

Maybe i'll try one of those two videos (the 'better' ones)
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-13 06:17:24  
Darkalenia said: »
That's because he's posting more and more 3-5 min videos, and a lot of people don't like those over his normal ones.
By Fyyvoaa 2015-02-13 06:18:42  
I will say though... when he's 'out of character' he actually does seem.... tolerable (I watched a few videos of him a while back about his streaming setup or something... ) it's just when he puts on that persona that it just bugs the ***out of me.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-13 06:26:31  
I will say though... when he's 'out of character' he actually does seem.... tolerable (I watched a few videos of him a while back about his streaming setup or something... ) it's just when he puts on that persona that it just bugs the ***out of me.
Well look, he technically is a youtube personality. People watch him either for that personality, or when he gets serious and drops it. To him, he wants to have fun and make others happy making funny videos, but sometimes he'll stop and talk about a serious subject where he isn't playing a role.

I think he's a good guy, and even though he jokes around about how the attention is getting to him, I think it really is. I think they are jokes, but I think it's also a bit of a way of saying he's not okay with it. He started making videos still speaking swedish, and made a thank you video for every 50-100 subscribers. He was someone that got involved with his fans, and unfortunately when more people found him that connection lost.

I think in a way he's struggling a bit to do what he really wanted to do, and he had to change his way to adapt to the millions of people that watch each video every single day. It's why he put his foot down and disabled comments, because he didn't like people arguing.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-02-13 06:27:11  
I only hate a few things. Pewdiepie is one of those few things.

There are times I wish I can put a barrel over him and roll him down a hill.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-13 06:28:46  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
I only hate a few things. Pewdiepie is one of those few things.

There are times I wish I can put a barrel over him and roll him down a hill.
They've attacked him many times before.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-13 06:33:48  
but yea, if I had to rate my own list on who I like the most, it would probably be:

1. Lobos Jr

2. paulsoaresjr

3. GameFront

4. TheAdventureBits

5. BdoubleO100

6. EthosLab

7. TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit

8. EpicNameBro

9. VaatiVidya

10. GameSocietyPimps

11. Generikb

12. AngryJoeShow

13. Pungence

14. PewDiePie

15. OnlyAfro

16. LetsPlay

[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-13 06:36:28  
but yea, if I had to rate my own list on who I like the most, it would probably be:

1. Lobos Jr

2. paulsoaresjr

3. GameFront

4. TheAdventureBits

5. BdoubleO100

6. EthosLab

7. Generikb

8. TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit

9. EpicNameBro

10. VaatiVidya

11. GameSocietyPimps

12. AngryJoeShow

13. Pungence

14. PewDiePie

15. OnlyAfro

16. LetsPlay

I only know of Total Biscuit and Pewds off of that list, will have to check out the others.

My list is really only Chuggaaconroy right now, but his current LP (Xenoblade Chronicles) has been going on for way too long and I'm just waiting for it to end at this point so I can see what his next one is.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-13 06:43:41  
So last night I kinda worked out the next bunch of games I'll be playing after FFIX, let me know what you guys think and if I should change up the order:

Suikoden
Wild ARMs
Xenogears
Mega Man X4
Threads of Fate
Chrono Cross
Suikoden II
Legend of Dragoon
Wild ARMs II
Mega Man X5
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-02-13 06:46:39  
I have a bunch of weather and documentary uploaders on my YT.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-13 06:48:06  
Various scientific stuff(mostly new technologies)
Aliens
Katy Perry

that's pretty much all my youtube selection is about.
Guide Maker
By Seha 2015-02-13 06:53:27  
FINE stomach, you win! I'll make lunch! *grumbles walking to the kitchen*
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-13 06:54:27  
Seha said: »
FINE stomach, you win! I'll make lunch! *grumbles walking to the kitchen*
You're a bad cook or something? Making lunch should be a good thing >_>
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-13 06:54:36  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Various scientific stuff(mostly new technologies)
Aliens
Katy Perry

that's pretty much all my youtube selection is about.
I'm proud to say that I don't even have a youtube selection. I only watch it when needed.

Or to pull something up that's funny and link it here.
First Page 2 3 ... 16520 16521 16522 ... 22715 22716 22717