Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17500 17501 17502 ... 22714 22715 22716
 Asura.Ackeronll
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-10 13:19:57  
Rooks Alexandre said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Hyperion? Gross

It's where my friends were, which was the only reason I played at all. But servers don't really matter as much in XIV anyway, with DF ensuring you rarely see the same random dude more than once.
Yeah you keep saying that .... then you get a horrible tank, so you boot him and wait for a replacement.

You get a replacement .... it's the same damn tank.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-10 13:20:16  
Hyperion? Gross

It's where my friends were, which was the only reason I played at all. But servers don't really matter as much in XIV anyway, with DF ensuring you rarely see the same random dude more than once.

Only matters depending on what you want to do, some servers are better for clearing endgame content than others it seems
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-10 13:22:09  
Rooks should resub and come to Excalibur.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-10 13:22:49  
Also if you want a house you'll want a low population server since the high population/legacy servers are all full and charge outrageous amounts for even the smallest house (relinquish fee + full price plot or cheaper by selling you a free company that has a house)
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-10 13:23:43  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Rook strikes me as the real programmer type. Unlike fake (script) languages (html, css, etc.)

Data mining (assuming he's good at math too) should be right up his alley.

Day job is mostly Perl and Scala, though it depends on the client. I don't think it really matters for XIV though, since all you have to do is scrape the lodestone, and it really doesn't matter what language you do that in as long as you can read the DOM.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-10 13:25:50  
Also if you want a house you'll want a low population server since the high population/legacy servers are all full and charge outrageous amounts for even the smallest house (relinquish fee + full price plot or cheaper by selling you a free company that has a house)

Have a house already, and had a static for endgame (the same friends I was on Hyperion for in the first place). I just didn't really like the game as much, and once my friends got bored of it, that was my cue to leave as well.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-10 13:27:50  
Doesn't the lodestone count active players as 20 or higher and their HP or w/e has to have changed within a certain period of time? I could swear I read that somewhere
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-10 13:27:53  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Rook strikes me as the real programmer type. Unlike fake (script) languages (html, css, etc.)

Day job is mostly Perl and Scala, though it depends on the client. I don't think it really matters for XIV though, since all you have to do is scrape the lodestone, and it really doesn't matter what language you do that in as long as you can read the DOM.
If you scrape constantly you could be picked up and IP banned under the assumption you could be trying to DDoS or something. Or that's what Scragg was worried about.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 13:28:40  

True. I consider perl a real programming language too. That's probably one of the few things I actually learned in college, but it was short and I had to learn the majority of it on my own. But at least they introduced it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-10 13:29:04  

Have a house already, and had a static for endgame (the same friends I was on Hyperion for in the first place). I just didn't really like the game as much, and once my friends got bored of it, that was my cue to leave as well.

Yeah, was just saying that's what matters when you're choosing a server (or RPing) but if that's not what you're into then it's probably fine if you choose whatever.

Except Masamune, that place sucks. Their economy is garbage and you can't make any gil.
By volkom 2015-06-10 13:30:16  
Hyperion? Gross

hyperion!

user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-06-10 13:33:54  

I like computers too.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-06-10 13:34:42  
now it's gonna be a race to see if i can beat tw3 before Thursday

also Rooks if you want info/data or ideas for xivpro I'll help np
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2015-06-10 13:42:11  
:D yay Hyperion

ooh i can go bug Rooks
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 13:43:39  
Verda said: »
Assembly is the real programmers of the world and they're very few now.
This, very much so. I love ASM.

When I was 6 and had a Commodore plus/4, I had to learn how to edit the machine code of a lot of games, because they were designed for a Commodore 64. Ever since then I always liked ASM.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 leo
By leo 2015-06-10 13:45:18  
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

The voices in this are horrible.

Seriosuly that game looks nice but Ubisoft sucks for cutting out PS3 and XBOX360 from this party. The game could run fine on them.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-10 13:45:21  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
also Rooks if you want info/data or ideas for xivpro I'll help np

I don't have a testing environment yet; no database (which, as you can imagine, makes it real hard to work on things). I've been able to make some smaller changes around form submission and job points, but all the real work is going to require a functional DB, which I'll get at some point. Right now it's about learning the framework and infrastructure; there's a lot there, though years of being here have given me a sense for how it all probably worked anyway (and it's interesting to see what I was right about, and what I wasn't).

Once I have a functional environment, my plan is to open up a thread similar to Kalila's suggestions one, and just have people toss things in. Stuff gets upvoted, I work on it, all democratic-like. Of course, I have a list of actual bugs to attend to, but for features, and especially for XIV Pro, it's more about making it a tool that the people will use, and for that I need the opinions of people who are more into the game and its workings than I am.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-10 13:47:50  

When I was 6 and had a Commodore plus/4, I had to learn how to edit the machine code of a lot of games, because they were designed for a Commodore 64. Ever since then I always liked ASM.

I liked ASM, but I never found the time to write anything worthwhile in it. The most low level I get to play with anymore is XS modules for Perl, and a random project written in Rust.

Which, if you haven't played with Rust, give it a look. It's really a safer C, but with an easy FFI, etc.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 13:52:42  

I liked ASM, but I never found the time to write anything worthwhile in it. The most low level I get to play with anymore is XS modules for Perl, and a random project written in Rust.

Which, if you haven't played with Rust, give it a look. It's really a safer C, but with an easy FFI, etc.
There's umm... can't remember the name offhand, an object oriented version of ASM. It's not called Rust, but I can't remember it. I remember playing around with it for a bit.

It's nice to know ASM for various routines. For instance, when we had Turbo Pascal in high school, our teacher wanted us to learn how to incorporate the mouse. So I wrote and compiled a simple library that used ASM calls to get the mouse position, etc.

He used it up until the day he retired, lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-10 13:57:05  
Yah most programmers today operate in high level languages, which are easier and get more done. But without ASM we'd not have high level languages so they're the true heroes imo.

I wish colleges still taught C. (C, not C++. That's a different discussion) I don't think most projects should be written in C, mind you, but I liked its particular level in the ecosystem; high enough that you could build large and complicated things with it relatively easily, low enough to get performance and fine-grained control, and runs EVERYWHERE. Every platform everywhere has a C compiler.

C is still the true king, and it's the only language I actively wish I had more projects in.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-10 14:00:02  
Yah most programmers today operate in high level languages, which are easier and get more done. But without ASM we'd not have high level languages so they're the true heroes imo.

I wish colleges still taught C. (C, not C++. That's a different discussion) I don't think most projects should be written in C, mind you, but I liked its particular level in the ecosystem; high enough that you could build large and complicated things with it relatively easily, low enough to get performance and fine-grained control, and runs EVERYWHERE. Every platform everywhere has a C compiler.

C is still the true king, and it's the only language I actively wish I had more projects in.
Even in high school they taught a combination of the two. I had to take the time to learn strictly C on my own :/
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-10 14:15:14  
He-Man sounds bored as hell in that video

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-10 14:23:32  
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
He-Man sounds bored as hell in that video
If you had his horrible T crotch and overly recycled mold, you'd be bored too... hypothetically speaking, of course, if you were an action figure. Jesus. T crotch, and 4 points of articulation, not counting neck and waist swivels. Just what were people thinking back then?!

That it's a toy for eight year olds, and probably isn't going to survive the summer?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 17500 17501 17502 ... 22714 22715 22716