Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17528 17529 17530 ... 22713 22714 22715

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-16 18:38:12  
Bismarck.Patrik said: »
I'd like to eventually upgrade to an I7 like that when money allows, they are very very nice.

Also I didn't get the K series because I was already pushing my budget and just really couldn't go any further; I got the liquid cooling because it was offered for free on the build site I used. But the I5 will work just fine with most games I use so not a huge hit, and this cooler and MOBO make its super easy to upgrade if and when I want to.

Nice looking build there. I can personally say you won't regret that mobo, has tons of options and I'm already loving the BIOS setup and how easy it makes everything.

I've done at least 3-4 other builds for other people using MSI mobo's since a couple years ago, and never looked back. *** love it. lol They ***out tons of features in your face, they actually work when you want them to. just excellent lol.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-16 18:44:53  
Oh! Also be careful if you get an SSD. From what I've heard from my work, a large part of their drop in price is because of the recentish realization that they have a limited number of writes. So after rewriting data so many times they will just slow down like crazy. They are great for putting your OS on but I'd recommend a smallish SSD (128gb) to save money, paired with a hdd for your c drive. I suppose a bigger SSD couldn't hurt but it would be good to avoid using software that frequently writes new data. An example is my boss used one for W7 and FFXIV; XIV killed its speed over a years time.

this is a bit embarrassing but I'll throw myself under for the name of science.

I'm using a really really really olde Corsair force GT 128gb SSD as my primary and OS storage (literally all i have)

for the last 3+ years now LOL

I have most of my stuff backed up on a 1tb external (im not THAT crazy) but it's never plugged in. I used to play ff14 a LOT, i used to triple box 11 a LOT, i'm super hard on this ssd, thousands of LoL matches later D:

still runs like a champ lol, My motherboard is a shitty budget gigabyte board, and from time to time it makes mee reboot the pc when it goes into sleep mode (so fking annoying just work gdi) and It boots back into windows beforee i can even get off my chair to go take a piss everytime lol.

soo idk D:, i could just be lucky, or it could just be that awesome corsair quality, but I've neveer had an issue (also, yes I'm always *** full on this drive, i'm really hard on this thing lol.) /shrug

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-06-16 18:54:56  
Ugh... my back hurts... I did too much while cleaning my bedroom... And I still have some more ***to do...

[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-06-16 19:04:58  
Terraka said: »
Ugh... my back hurts... I did too much while cleaning my bedroom... And I still have some more ***to do...

VIP
By Terraka 2015-06-16 19:07:26  
Ohji Lunartail said: »
Terraka said: »

And have him ruin the clothes? Nah. I just don't want to fold the mountain of clothes that keeps piling up, because that means they have to be put away too. lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-16 19:20:19  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-16 19:28:37  

An Aether current here:

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-16 19:40:49  
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Oh! Also be careful if you get an SSD. From what I've heard from my work, a large part of their drop in price is because of the recentish realization that they have a limited number of writes. So after rewriting data so many times they will just slow down like crazy. They are great for putting your OS on but I'd recommend a smallish SSD (128gb) to save money, paired with a hdd for your c drive. I suppose a bigger SSD couldn't hurt but it would be good to avoid using software that frequently writes new data. An example is my boss used one for W7 and FFXIV; XIV killed its speed over a years time.

this is a bit embarrassing but I'll throw myself under for the name of science.

I'm using a really really really olde Corsair force GT 128gb SSD as my primary and OS storage (literally all i have)

for the last 3+ years now LOL

I have most of my stuff backed up on a 1tb external (im not THAT crazy) but it's never plugged in. I used to play ff14 a LOT, i used to triple box 11 a LOT, i'm super hard on this ssd, thousands of LoL matches later D:

still runs like a champ lol, My motherboard is a shitty budget gigabyte board, and from time to time it makes mee reboot the pc when it goes into sleep mode (so fking annoying just work gdi) and It boots back into windows beforee i can even get off my chair to go take a piss everytime lol.

soo idk D:, i could just be lucky, or it could just be that awesome corsair quality, but I've neveer had an issue (also, yes I'm always *** full on this drive, i'm really hard on this thing lol.) /shrug
Crucial, Samsung, and Corsair make the most reliable SSDs I've seen. It really all depends on the manufacturer.

I've had my Crucial 128gb SSD running for 3 years now and it's outlived my 3TB media drive that I bought after getting the SSD. The 3TB drive was a Seagate too. I can still pull data off of it, but the power on hours are low, meaning they're designed to die after 2 years. Switched to WD for my media drive now. Luckily I didn't lose any data.

Now and again I run diagnostics on everything, including hard drives to make sure I know when things are about to fail. Caught it just in time. As for my SSD, fitness and performance are still at full.

Never ran FFXIV on it, just the benchmark. Have FFXI and a ton of other games. Read and write all the time, basically.
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-06-16 19:52:19  
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-it-seems-like-final-fantasy-7s-remake-wont-lose-so-much-of-the-crazy

Quote:
How the new, slightly darker aesthetic sits with some of the crazier elements of the original game remains to be seen, but it seems they'll be intact. Can't wait to see the delicious sight of Cloud in a dress in glorious HD? "Please look forward to it," said Nomura as the interview came to a close.
Aww yis. ( 'w')b
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-06-16 20:25:29  
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2015-06-16 21:06:40  
Asura.Schizm said: »
<(O.o)> Really though, about the FF7 remake, are people really hyped about it being FF7 or the fact SE did another release of a final fantasy game.

I thought I would be excited, but really after so many years, I just kind of feel, "oh that's cool" but really don't find myself saying I am going to devote so much time to the game. Quite frankly, I thought I would play the hell out of the FFX HD because I loved the original but I haven't even gotten to the third Seymour fight and just lost interest.

Sorry to say, I would pay if the fare was cheap but really, this train left along time ago without me.

MMOs killed JRPGs for me, but lately I have been finding myself not interested in MMOs but wanting to play old school RPGs like FF1 or FF6.

FF7 is probably one of their first RPG's or game that got them into RPG's. It's not hard to understand all the hype about the game and more annoying that people are anti-popular as it makes them look stupid in most cases. FF7 is an old school RPG game lol, its turn based and has all the classic FF/rpg elements, so not sure how its different.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-06-16 21:31:32  
People need to do better things with themselves other than malicious social cyber criminal activity.

Post deleted by User.
By Nyruul 2015-06-16 22:10:18  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Nyruul said: »
People need to do better things with themselves other than malicious social cyber criminal activity.
People make money in ways that work well for them, amorally or not sadly.

Lawful evil social engineers? lol

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Nyruul 2015-06-16 22:16:12  
Josiahkf said: »
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
People make money in ways that work well for them, amorally or not sadly.

Lawful evil social engineers? lol
For example tobacco companies knew their cigarettes killed people but kept lying and hiding the information for years, claiming they were good for you. Making millions and never giving a ***.

People will do anything to make money, so nothing surprises me anymore. Cyber criminal activity included.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_%28security%29

Post deleted by User.
By Nyruul 2015-06-16 22:26:35  
People will do anything to make money, so nothing surprises me anymore.

Some people will do anything when you challenge their integrity and they have the money to do the unimaginable. Moral of the story, if someone seems twisted leave it be or they might prove you ever more right to create the image that they are.

Post deleted by User.
By Nyruul 2015-06-16 22:33:14  
People will do anything to make money, so nothing surprises me anymore.

Some people will do anything when you challenge their integrity and they have the money to do the unimaginable. Moral of the story, if someone seems twisted leave it be or they might prove you ever more right to create the image that they are.
I just plain leave everyone be, works well.

Okay busy mcgee
 Quetzalcoatl.Nyruru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nyruul
By Quetzalcoatl.Nyruru 2015-06-16 22:36:24  
Nice avatar btw

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nyruru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nyruul
By Quetzalcoatl.Nyruru 2015-06-16 22:43:40  
Yeah it sucks, I had to learn the hard way when I was much younger.

So that's when you picked up the "if you can't beat them join them" philosophy?

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 17528 17529 17530 ... 22713 22714 22715