Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18092 18093 18094 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-10-16 22:15:33  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
It goes for words like konbini (convenience store) too, there's the nasal N that kinda becomes an N/M in sound
*shrugs* I never hear it that way. Then again at this point I have a tendency to default to Japanese whenever I encounter a newer word I'm not used to pronouncing. x.x Can be rather annoying.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-16 22:23:15  
Just saying that it sounds similar and I think it's the Hepburn romanization that uses the m sometimes because it's easier for English speakers to pronounce it that way

It's easy to tell it's not though once your ear is used to it
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-10-16 23:15:26  
Traditional Hepburn uses "sempai", because I think Hepburn was originally meant to help foreigners pronounce Japanese words with better accuracy. In the modified version (more commonly used), it's written as "senpai". I prefer the modified approach because it's a more accurate "counterpart" to the Japanese text, and the "m" sound comes out naturally when the "n" is followed by what I'd call a "labial phonemes" (b,f,m,p and v).

What I find interesting is how Japanese people write the word "combi" as an example: co-n-bi.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-10-16 23:18:20  
Life is great! Had a couple of ladies come up and ask to sit with me while I was taking my Friday sake tour!
[+]
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2015-10-16 23:26:50  
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-16 23:31:57  
Ouch, Russian hackers gained access to Dow Jones' servers

Wonder what they found lol
 leo
By leo 2015-10-16 23:56:28  
Now, the Nintendo Wii (the original 2006 one) is a bit less of a useless dust gatherer:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/10/15-1/crunchyroll-app-now-available-on-nintendo-wii
VIP
By Kalila 2015-10-17 01:12:55  
Only *** morons drive without a seatbelt
I didn't post about this, but about a year ago I was in a car accident.

I was waiting at a red light, it turned green, so I started driving forward when a teenager drove her mother's van into my car at 50 MPH (in a 35). She told the cops that she was trying to make the light, but as you all know there is like a 5 second delay between when a light turns red and when another lane turns green.

She hit my car in the passenger front side. My car spun over 180 degrees and was pushed up against a curb. I still remember how I looked right just at the last moment as she ran into me, and the airbag just expanded, glass breaking, the radio turning off. I saw all of it like it was in slow motion.

There was an off duty firefighter that saw the whole thing, ran to my car and asked if I was okay. Talked me through turning my car off and if I was hurt. I was screaming, who wouldn't? I was shaking so much. I am so thankful he was there to help me get my mind straight. I'm so thankful there are people like that in this world, when people can be so selfish about the littlest things.

Both of us had our seatbelts on, she had the worst of the injuries, since she took the impact head on while I was thrown to the right as my car was pushed left. I ended up hurting my left knee pretty bad as my momentum swung back into the door. We both were able to walk away from the accident though, neither of us were seriously hurt, thankfully.

I still think to this day that I could of prevented it if I just looked right before accelerating forward. She would of ran the red light, speeding, but the accident could of been avoided if I looked. I guess I ended up too comfortable relying on the order of the stop lights, and just threw my trust into it so much that I didn't even look to see if anyone was still coming.

I'm just thankful that I was driving alone. If D was in the car... or a friend. :\ They would of taken the impact, can't and don't want to imagine what could've happened.

But yea, I am so thankful that when I was learning to drive, I made it a point to always put my seatbelt on even if I was driving 3 blocks. Anything can happen, you don't know what someone else is doing. Someone could be incredibly stupid, while you were driving appropriately, you just didn't have your seatbelt on. It wouldn't be your fault, but you could seriously injure yourself or get yourself killed. It just happens way too fast, anyone can make a mistake.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-17 01:28:54  
Kali never talks to us anymore except late at night. ; ;
VIP
By Kalila 2015-10-17 01:30:08  
New job, new hours :P
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-17 01:30:40  
Kalila said: »
New job, new hours :P
Excuses, excuses... :(
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-10-17 02:12:10  

I was waiting at a red light, it turned green, so I started driving forward when a teenager drove her mother's van into my car at 50 MPH (in a 35). She told the cops that she was trying to make the light, but as you all know there is like a 5 second delay between when a light turns red and when another lane turns green.

She hit my car in the passenger front side. My car spun over 180 degrees and was pushed up against a curb. I still remember how I looked right just at the last moment as she ran into me, and the airbag just expanded, glass breaking, the radio turning off. I saw all of it like it was in slow motion.

There was an off duty firefighter that saw the whole thing, ran to my car and asked if I was okay. Talked me through turning my car off and if I was hurt. I was screaming, who wouldn't? I was shaking so much. I am so thankful he was there to help me get my mind straight. I'm so thankful there are people like that in this world, when people can be so selfish about the littlest things.

Both of us had our seatbelts on, she had the worst of the injuries, since she took the impact head on while I was thrown to the right as my car was pushed left. I ended up hurting my left knee pretty bad as my momentum swung back into the door. We both were able to walk away from the accident though, neither of us were seriously hurt, thankfully.

I still think to this day that I could of prevented it if I just looked right before accelerating forward. She would of ran the red light, speeding, but the accident could of been avoided if I looked. I guess I ended up too comfortable relying on the order of the stop lights, and just threw my trust into it so much that I didn't even look to see if anyone was still coming.

I'm just thankful that I was driving alone. If D was in the car... or a friend. :\ They would of taken the impact, can't and don't want to imagine what could've happened.

But yea, I am so thankful that when I was learning to drive, I made it a point to always put my seatbelt on even if I was driving 3 blocks. Anything can happen, you don't know what someone else is doing. Someone could be incredibly stupid, while you were driving appropriately, you just didn't have your seatbelt on. It wouldn't be your fault, but you could seriously injure yourself or get yourself killed. It just happens way too fast, anyone can make a mistake.
Once, about 6 years ago or so, I was working at one of the Arby's in my hometown. I was working Saturday evening till close, and when I finally got off, got it closed, got the slicer cleaned with the chainmail gauntlet and such it was somewhere between midnight and two AM. I wanted to get home and go to sleep. There's two stoplight intersections on the route I took to get back and forth from said Arby's, and at the second one I needed to make a left. The lights for both side were red, but I got the green left turn arrow, so I go to make my turn. As I pulled into the intersection, I saw a pair of headlights approaching from the other side. I was in the middle of the turn, and I hadn't really slowed down much. The speed limit on the road is 35MPH. Next thing I know I'm mashing my gas in and trying not to get hit as this huge red truck comes careening into the intersection. If I'd reacted one second too slow on mashing the gas, then I would have been toast. I was also lucky it was just me and the truck at the intersection. My left turn almost became a U-turn, and I wound up in the oncoming traffic lane on the street I had intended to turn onto. The big red truck chipped the paint just behind my passenger side door. He had turned a bit too, to avoid me, and he wound up smashing one of his sideview mirrors off the passenger side of his truck. I looked to see if he was hurt, but he sped off. I didn't sleep very readily that night, heh.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-10-17 03:34:37  
What really gets me, are the people who think they can speed past an intersection as a car pulls into it after checking all directions. Instead of slowing down (this happened in the spring this year), a car actually sped up and nearly hit the car I was riding in.

I was oddly unfazed, but my friend who was driving had to pull over after because of it. Even without being hit, it was enough to rattle her mind. The other driver who sped through the intersection, trying to beat a car travelling across to the other side, missed us by just about 2 inches, if not less. I would have received the brunt of it being in the passenger, which is why I think she needed to pull over. So I had to spend time trying to calm her down.

Edit: The dumb *** had an Oklahoma license plate too.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-10-17 03:38:50  
Also, my cat has decided to make herself empress of my bed sheets tonight.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-17 06:23:31  
New Aloha Iroha :D
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-17 06:40:44  
Final Fantasy titles has taught me to misread the first bubble as III Tidings and not ill tidings.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-10-17 08:16:09  
Can spam both EX dungeons and gain law very quickly. As well as doing EX, HL, and Trials every day. Which also gives you quite a lot from the roulette bonuses.

Can easily have full 170/180 in a day if you spam the aforementioned dungeons for law.

As well as gaining eso from the EX dungeons. I'd suggest saving those up for the weapon though.
By Yatenkou 2015-10-17 08:39:23  
Leviathan.Alvar said: »
Yatenkou said: »
*touches Josi*
Skjalf will touch you back in places you don't want :3!
......really? You sure I don't wanna be touched and shtuff?

*Touches all the things in your house*

*** I'm a pro at touching.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-17 08:39:32  

A relative of mine was going home from a party and the guy driving had been drinking a bit and she was being stupid by not wearing her seatbelt

They got into a car accident and she went through the windshield and now has brain damage which makes it take a long time for her to speak. She understands everything but it takes a long time to say what she wants and her motor skills are pretty bad now

Had she worn her seatbelt that might not have happened. I think the guy died as well
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-17 08:43:02  
Schizm Gallantry said: »
So with this maintenance on the log on screens for Europe, to play I have to stay logged in from the 18th to the 20th?

This is only for the Chaos data center, we are on Primal

Edit: I see there's an All Worlds Maintenance too apparently

■ All Worlds Maintenance
[Date & Time]
Oct. 19, 2015 5:00 p.m. to Oct. 20, 2015 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* Completion time is subject to change.
 Cerberus.Sevvy
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2015-10-17 08:49:07  
Not to derail the current stream of things on this thread but I must say that its good to be back on FFXIAH. It has been way to long since I have visited this awesome community.
[+]
 Hades.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Hades
user: Rooks
By Hades.Rooks 2015-10-17 09:11:41  
Cerberus.Sevvy said: »
Not to derail the current stream of things on this thread but I must say that its good to be back on FFXIAH. It has been way to long since I have visited this awesome community.

Welcome back!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-10-17 09:15:35  
Schizm Gallantry said: »
So with this maintenance on the log on screens for Europe, to play I have to stay logged in from the 18th to the 20th?
Think servers will be down totaly so 3 days beeak

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-17 09:36:15  
I think they just took the opportunity to do maintenance while the other servers are down

So 5 pm to 3 am starting from October 19th
First Page 2 3 ... 18092 18093 18094 ... 22715 22716 22717