Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18159 18160 18161 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-04 10:12:24  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Yes yes, what would 14 be without more eye candy?

We get it, you hate it

*** off already
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-11-04 10:15:28  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Should have been Tenzen instead, everyone knows Tenzen
Tenzen a ***.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-04 10:18:44  
Leon Kasai said: »
Tenzen a ***.

Iroha probably fits better with the whole traveling to a different universe thing but everyone who played 11 knows who Tenzen is, most people (who quit to play 14) don't know who Iroha is

That's all
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-04 10:35:41  
I really hope you can dye the white part at least
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-04 10:41:13  
I've been wanting Iroha's outfit in XI since she first appeared, if XIV gets it but we don't I'll be so mad...
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-11-04 10:42:23  
Leon Kasai said: »
Tenzen a ***.

Iroha probably fits better with the whole traveling to a different universe thing but everyone who played 11 knows who Tenzen is, most people (who quit to play 14) don't know who Iroha is

That's all
Tenzen wasn't even the main NPC of his own expansion, let alone the current one that the event is tied into. He has no place being the representative.
And even if they were appealing to XI nostalgia, there are other characters more memorable than him. Some from earlier in the story even, so they're guaranteed to be known by more players.
He's just not a good choice.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-04 10:50:27  
He was still a popular character

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-04 11:07:08  
The point I was making is if you're gonna do a crossover event (that doesn't usually have a lot of 'real' story) it's better to pick an NPC that most people who have played the game are familiar with

I understand WHY they picked Iroha, I just don't think it was the best choice for a nostalgia-type event to make people psyched

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-04 11:09:43  
They do want people to go back and play it though, to think back to the fun they had so they can experience the final story stuff
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-04 11:13:40  
The reason I picked Tenzen is because a lot of people wanted his armor (and were stuck on that fight for a while so he's memorable to them)

Prishe's outfit doesn't work for males but you can make Tenzen's work for both, especially since they want to add Samurai to the game. There are other choices but you have to consider the rewards too.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-04 11:19:05  
Events in 14 usually give out a set of glamour gear though

And while it is a Rhapsodies of Vana'diel or w/e event, they could have made it anything on the 14 side to cash in on nostalgia and make people want to play it again (for the final story update). I'm not unhappy with it or anything, most people just won't know who she is. That's all.

The story is likely not gonna be something long and well done, it's just a crossover event after all. It'll likely be similar to the Shantotto or Lightning event.
By Ackeron 2015-11-04 11:19:42  
The reason I picked Tenzen is because a lot of people wanted his armor (and were stuck on that fight for a while so he's memorable to them)

Prishe's outfit doesn't work for males but you can make Tenzen's work for both, especially since they want to add Samurai to the game. There are other choices but you have to consider the rewards too.

One would have to hope a crossover event would be more than "what is best that can I play dress up in" every time. No?
Idk I remember the DQ crossover in XI. That was for content in content they canceled lol. You guys also got a hat though ... before /lockstyle was even added so it was worthless.

Least XIV got a minion and hat and had glamours were already in the game.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-04 11:20:41  
Iroha makes perfect sense considering the crossover is to sponsor nothing but RoV.

If they had to go by just a random XI representative(which they already did with Shantotto), Prishe would be the first choice as she is known for Dissidia too. Then there's the other heroines. Tenzen has pretty low relevance.

Post deleted by User.
By Ackeron 2015-11-04 11:25:41  

Monstrosity wasn't canceled. It was just forgotten about abruptly after update after update of steady additions.

It was the best potential XI had for truly enjoyable solo content and not content that one solos.

It also had the best potential for PvP in XI, and partying as monsters would have been fun.
No they actually officially said they canceled it for monster rearing and mog garden junk. Trust me I stalked that content like a crack addict.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-04 11:27:03  
It still exists, thus not canceled. Just not planned to be updated anymore.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Ackeron 2015-11-04 11:40:13  
Quote:
Mizuki Ito: This issue is not unique to Monstrosity. A great number of personnel were working on the conclusion to the Seekers of Adoulin missions, and expansions to a variety of content have been put on the back burner. Though the missions themselves have concluded in the November patch, there are still some threads left unconnected, and we will introduce further quests and Seekers of Adoulin-related battle content in the months ahead that will take a deeper look into these stories. As such, we have been unable to prioritize Monstrosity. Scheduled high priority content will be released bit by bit, and once that has been done, there is a possibility that Monstrosity may rise in the priority list.

That was the last thing heard from monstrosity over a year ago.

They didn't even add the content they showed in the videos from before it even launched. I doubt it will ever be patched again. I mean if you don't even want to put the finished content in the game with a patch then damn, that content is screwed.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-04 11:44:28  
Merely allowing monstrosity to work in conjunction with the rest of the game would have been a good roundabout way to add the morpher class into the game. All those instincts work well as equipment already so don't really need additional things(until people start getting demanding).
By Ackeron 2015-11-04 11:47:40  
Yeah you keep that feeling. Then after a year of no updates or even a single post on the forums in the most posted thread on the forums, remember that feeling.

Just to point out that quote is from a magazine interview 10 months AFTER the last dev post addressing monstrosity about content in the works that never launched.

Quote:
We are currently looking into implementing uncapped areas and special content for level 99 battles. However, we would first like to prioritize the addition of new monster families and the expansion of support areas, so please give us a bit more time to do this.

Yeah keep the hope alive from that nearly 2 year old post!

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-04 12:55:14  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Merely allowing monstrosity to work in conjunction with the rest of the game would have been a good roundabout way to add the morpher class into the game. All those instincts work well as equipment already so don't really need additional things(until people start getting demanding).
The crazy thing is that they used some of the lore elements of Monstrosity in Adoulin. The same floating head guys appear in the Vagary cutscenes (as well as their master), and you need certain Monstrosity KIs to activate an Adoulin quest that explains who Lorissa is (yet they missed an opportunity to have a quest named Lorissa Explains It All).

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they added something like Sinister Reign (which is getting more content somehow) for other expansions, where you could acquire Iroha's outfit similarly to how you can get August's armor and Teodor's coat.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18159 18160 18161 ... 22715 22716 22717