Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18575 18576 18577 ... 22713 22714 22715
By Jetackuu 2016-01-24 21:33:24  
Schizm Gallantry said: »
<(O.o)> Wait..WTF... KOTOR II was released on Linux??

***...take my money....or maybe not....yes take it....

I'd say why don't you have steam working through wine to get more titles, but then again the concept of steam on linux is "meh."
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-01-24 21:41:17  
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Yomisha 2016-01-24 22:05:48  
If you're looking for a simple game to take up some time, I recommend Pony Island. It's not what you think! Found it browsing Steam. Pretty good!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-01-24 22:54:35  
I started ripping movies again.

Anydvdhd+handbrake ftw.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-01-24 22:59:47  
Bismarck.Patrik said: »
I start my student teaching tomorrow...

But I really just want to sleep for a couple days...

What a dilemma.
I dunno if you're going to see this before you go off to your student teaching, but lemme give you a little bit of advice.

First off, don't be afraid if you end up fall in love with the little *** (Platonic love, you dirty people). The kids I student taught two years ago are graduating in May and there won't be anything that stops me from seeing them off. I still think about the classes I taught from time to time. Also, Juniors are awesome, so don't even fret.

You're jumping in halfway through the school year, which means they have to get used to you, especially because you're supposed to take over everything in the class in a few weeks (I say supposed to because not all mentor teachers enjoy giving control to a college student). They've had half a year to create a dynamic with their teacher, and you're going to change that.

They're gonna test you. They're gonna push you. Honestly, my biggest issue (still is) was discipline. You've got to establish yourself as the authority in there, but remember the line between fear and respect. If they fear you, they'll do what you ask begrudgingly. If they respect you, they're going to trust that you're taking them in the right direction. I don't mean be soft. Just be fair, be consistent and don't take ANYTHING personally.

Don't be discouraged if you work hard on a lesson plan and think it's perfect only to have the kids act out and basically hate everything from it. I've had that experience happen more than once. Because of that, I've reflected on what I did wrong and what the kids like and I've changed things up because of it. Always reflect on your craft and improve. Also, we like to use this term out here: monitor and adjust. If it's not working, don't be afraid to change things up on the fly. I have and it's worked awesomely every time.

Finally, have fun. Take some risks and try something new and different. You still have the safety net, so unless you do something outright stupid, don't be afraid to change it up. That's the best way to learn.

Good luck and enjoy yourself, sir! A really fun/daunting/terrifying/exhausting/amazing/honorable career awaits.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-01-24 23:33:51  
I'm not going to be a teacher but can I have one of those speeches, Magnuss.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-01-25 00:04:13  
I don't understand why Sunrise just won't sell Blu ray/DVD copies of any Gundam series. The few that exist are 100+ bucks for like 1/4th of a season because of how rare this stuff is.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-01-25 00:56:06  
Mag's a teacher teaching other teachers, Teachception.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-01-25 00:57:22  
Asura.Failaras said: »
I don't understand why Sunrise just won't sell Blu ray/DVD copies of any Gundam series. The few that exist are 100+ bucks for like 1/4th of a season because of how rare this stuff is.

I have DVD rips of Gundam Wing, literally copied dvds.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2016-01-25 01:05:08  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Jetackuu said: »
I started ripping movies again.

Anydvdhd+handbrake ftw.
too bad you don't rip blu rays.
anydvdhd will do that too.

I just don't usually get my hands on them, and the last time I tried (over a year ago) I wasn't able, am now.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-01-25 01:06:28  

I have DVD rips of Gundam Wing, literally copied dvds.

All the Gundam things I've watched have either been torrented, from TV as a kid, or on Crunchyroll/Youtube since they are pushing that hard right now. Essentially they make no money off me except whatever minimal payment they probably get from crunchyroll, and I want to give them my money! Release your entire library on decently priced Blu Ray and they'd be rolling in the dough even more.

Oh actually I do own Endless Waltz on DVD, got it when I was a kid and still love to go back and watch it a few times a year.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-01-25 01:21:31  
I have that on VHS, didn't have a dvd player at the time, was insanely expensive at FYE (I think) too.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-01-25 01:44:07  
I got my early anime VHS/DVDs at a place called Suncoast. I would love it if that store still existed, tons of anime and anime merch. ***the mall it was in doesn't even exist anymore.

Apparently I'm a lifelong weeb.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2016-01-25 03:03:47  
Good morning everyone!

What amazing things are you guys up to today?
I'm just about ready to throw HTML code around again.
... like shurikens! >:D
(I wish.. :<)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-25 04:50:49  
I like being able to dress up as the doll myself. :I
[+]
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-01-25 05:59:52  
So hungry
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2016-01-25 06:54:01  
1) looks up tutorial for a certain bit of HTML / Javascript functionality
2) reads code and notices that the footer element (which is at the bottom of a webpage) has a class called 'header'
3) scrolls back up to see the class 'footer' for the header element

What the heck, dude? Are you making a page for people who spend their whole lives upside-down or something..?

Oh wait a minute...

[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-01-25 07:42:51  
Bit late on this, but they are selling them.
http://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Blu~ray,DVD/publisher/SUNRISE-INC
By Jetackuu 2016-01-25 08:02:13  
I got my early anime VHS/DVDs at a place called Suncoast. I would love it if that store still existed, tons of anime and anime merch. ***the mall it was in doesn't even exist anymore.

It may have been there, whatever it was it was 15~ years ago, overpriced and in the mall.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-25 08:22:44  

It may have been there, whatever it was it was 15~ years ago, overpriced and in the mall.

Suncoast was the place for rural Japanophiles is the 90s. Overpriced as hell, but not only VHS, they also had merchandise you could get few other places.

Mediaplay was a big store that was basically Amazon.com for media (movies, music, games, books, magazines, associated merchandise) before Amazon was a thing, and it was amazing.

They went out of business around 2004 or so, iirc.

Sadness.
By Wordspoken 2016-01-25 08:28:53  
Mighty No. 9 delayed (again). I was looking forward to that.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-01-25 08:40:48  
It's no SSR Turles, but as a Vegeta fan I ain't complaining.

Also, soon (for Japan):

r/DBZDokkanBattle said:
"New Super Fierce Battle announcement part 1!!"

[image]
Vegeta: I'd rather choose death, than to fuse with you!!
Goku: Vegeta, you're already dead...

1 Year anniversary! A new Super Fierce Battle will come!
[/image]

"So, there's no way that we can do a fusion together. You're a proud saiyan prince, after all."

"If I have to show pity on you, I'd rather...!!"

Challenge those that have achieved this miracle fusion.
First Page 2 3 ... 18575 18576 18577 ... 22713 22714 22715