Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20459 20460 20461 ... 22717 22718 22719
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2016-12-27 21:38:14  
[+]
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2016-12-27 21:47:12  
repost
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2016-12-27 21:51:29  
Oh? What about this one

[+]
By Chu Chu 2016-12-27 21:53:00  
that one is good
[+]
By Faelar 2016-12-27 21:58:37  
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2016-12-27 22:00:54  
Something about Team Skull makes all the other evil pokemon teams look like crap.
[+]
サーバ: Asura
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2016-12-27 22:18:41  
rest in peace Carrie fisher.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-27 23:07:38  
Anime dude with black hair, blue eyes, wears black clothes with red trim. One angel wing, one demon wing. Who is he, what is he from?

Go.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-12-27 23:14:08  
Gotta love celebrity deaths, especially those who qualify for "has-been" status. We didn't give two shits about Fisher a few years ago; most of us assumed she was off writing something obscure or something of that nature. Now she dies and suddenly she's "everyone's princess", a persona that she's tried putting behind her for decades. Oh sure, she embraced some of the fanfare, but she was never "princess-like". She was gritty, she was raw and she was unabashed of the person she really was. I'm happy that she died being on top of her world, not being shoved into the same pigeonhole that's been haunting her for years. She's a person I respect, not a princess on a pedestal.

I dunno, I'm just getting frustrated of the labels they're putting on this death and how "devastated" people are acting for the next day or two.

Alright, I'm just gonna leave this here.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-27 23:28:56  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
most of us assumed she was off writing something obscure or something of that nature.

*steps up on the stop box after mag*

stop projecting. plenty of people have been more than aware of her and her various works. plus, who is anyone to say something negative about the impact she had through that powerful role? just cause someone only saw star wars, loved it, and somehow identified with her doesn't make their appreciation any less than yours. let people celebrate or mourn in their own way.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-12-27 23:33:15  
That's fair. If that's how they want to handle it, then that's their prerogative.
By voiceless 2016-12-28 00:34:28  
lol
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-28 00:39:51  
Deaths affect people differently, I learned very early in life that people die and one day I will as well so deaths tend to not "devastate" me in the same way as others. That's not to say I don't morn or feel sad, I just find my self focused more on their life than their passing though it can often seem to others as being callous. Not everyone handles it well, even if they didn't know the person personally such as in this case. If they considered her a role model (be it a character she portrayed or her herself) we're all impacted when we see our heros fall. Often times we don't realize how much we looked to a person till they are gone, in particular with famous people they tend to sneak into our lives without us realizing it. I can certainly agree that there seems to be disproportionate amount of people that come out as a celebrities biggest fan when they die but I would never be quick to judge.

All that said though I do think it's sad that her most remembered moment (perhaps no outwardly but in peoples minds) will be the swirly bikini, being the wet dream of several generations and counting.
By crimsondragon 2016-12-28 00:42:21  
This may sound harsh to some, so if you're easily offended just stop reading.

I find the whole thing about Fishers death quite interesting for multiple reasons. I know other stars have died while filming movies but I cannot think of a death as profound and far reaching as hers.

While this is very true.
We didn't give two shits about Fisher a few years ago;

It wouldn't have effected an extremely successful franchise. I think that is the main reason the killed off Ford. They had no clue that Fisher would be kicking the bucket at 60, but Ford is getting up there. While this is grim thinking you know full well it enters into the decision making process when hashing out story lines for your multi-billion if not trillion dollar franchise.

To that effect I said that to say this. To me at least, her death is shocking only because all of that money and top of the line doctors could do nothing, apparently, to save her. This is one of the rare cases when we know with absolute certainty when its your time to go, nothing will stop it.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-28 00:45:18  
Asura.Ina said: »
Deaths affect people differently, I learned very early in life that people die and one day I will as well so deaths tend to not "devastate" me in the same way as others. That's not to say I don't morn or feel sad, I just find my self focused more on their life than their passing though it can often seem to others as being callous.
I'm kinda the same way. I'm also not fond of funerals for several reasons, among them are the belief we should look back on the person's life and remember them as they lived, not as they died.

EDIT: I should also point out that I don't think death is the worst thing that can happen to a person.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-12-28 00:59:14  
Anna Ruthven said: »
the belief we should look back on the person's life and remember them as they lived, not as they died.
I totally agree with this. This goes back to the whole dated concept of "never speak ill of the dead". This is my personal opinion by the way (no projections here). If they were an *** throughout their life, why should I act like suddenly they were the nicest person who ever lived because they're dead? Sure, someone's feelings might get hurt, but I'm also not going to lie just because they're in the ground. When Donald Trump dies, I'm not exactly going to be the guy who stands up and says he was a philanthropist and was a very giving person.
[+]
By Chu Chu 2016-12-28 01:06:15  
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-28 01:10:37  
EDIT: I should also point out that I don't think death is the worst thing that can happen to a person.
Dementia is my biggest fear. I've watched my Grandpa go though it and for me if I was given the choice between dying at 50 or living to 80+ with dementia as severe as he's had I would chose 50 any day.

This goes back to the whole dated concept of "never speak ill of the dead"
Oh god I hate this one.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-28 01:39:35  
the belief we should look back on the person's life and remember them as they lived, not as they died.
I totally agree with this. This goes back to the whole dated concept of "never speak ill of the dead". This is my personal opinion by the way (no projections here). If they were an *** throughout their life, why should I act like suddenly they were the nicest person who ever lived because they're dead? Sure, someone's feelings might get hurt, but I'm also not going to lie just because they're in the ground. When Donald Trump dies, I'm not exactly going to be the guy who stands up and says he was a philanthropist and was a very giving person.
I just don't say anything. Even murderers have family who are grieving, best to just let them do it without saying anything.

Dementia is my biggest fear. I've watched my Grandpa go though it and for me if I was given the choice between dying at 50 or living to 80+ with dementia as severe as he's had I would chose 50 any day.
I have a friend who's had dementia all her life, she's my age.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-28 02:37:48  
Yeah, watching people age and slowly succumb to diseases of the mind and body doesn't make me look forward to growing old. Alzheimer's and Parkinson's in my grandparents. The onset of Alzheimer's in my Dad, in addition to his spinal issues. I don't want to lose my mind to the point where I forget who the person in front of me is, and also forget to bathe/how to stand/how to hold my pee etc.

Of course, it's not certain that I'll get those, just rather likely. I could live like my Great Aunt, who lived a full 97 years before her mind really started to deteriorate. She made it to 100, and if I live that long, I'd hope to live in a state similar to her.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-28 05:09:33  
I might be the next one claimed by 2016 if my heart doesn't stop acting up. Maybe I should call the doctor.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2016-12-28 05:14:54  
2016 is trying to kill us all!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-28 06:22:31  
Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
2016 is trying to kill us all!
Not me.

2015 gave a good shot at it though. Missed the mark by that much.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-28 07:07:59  
By Jetackuu 2016-12-28 07:33:59  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I might be the next one claimed by 2016 if my heart doesn't stop acting up. Maybe I should call the doctor.

Warm it up a bit, it's telling you that it's cold :P
By Ramyrez 2016-12-28 08:02:46  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Yeah, watching people age and slowly succumb to diseases of the mind and body doesn't make me look forward to growing old. Alzheimer's and Parkinson's in my grandparents. The onset of Alzheimer's in my Dad, in addition to his spinal issues. I don't want to lose my mind to the point where I forget who the person in front of me is, and also forget to bathe/how to stand/how to hold my pee etc.

Of course, it's not certain that I'll get those, just rather likely. I could live like my Great Aunt, who lived a full 97 years before her mind really started to deteriorate. She made it to 100, and if I live that long, I'd hope to live in a state similar to her.

I'm not going to BS you. Watched my great grandmother be basically an invalid for twenty years. Watched my grandma turn from a wisecracking, sharp-witted old lady into a weak husk of a human for her last few years.

And every time I think of the possibility of an Alzheimer's/dementia or similar personality, joy-sapping diagnosis as I age, one thing goes through my mind:

Hunter S. Thompson.

I never want to let any disease get to the point where ending it on my own terms isn't an option.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-28 08:07:50  
I learned very early in life that people die and one day I will as well so deaths tend to not "devastate" me in the same way as others. That's not to say I don't morn or feel sad, I just find my self focused more on their life than their passing though it can often seem to others as being callous.

I don't believe in an afterlife. I can see absolutely no scientific basis in reality for anything of the type. It makes no reasonable sense in this world. I wish and hope I'm wrong. But I can't see how I am.

Given that, the death (or debilitating disease) of anyone with a positive influence on my life is the passing from the world of something beautiful that can never be again.

And like most people, I'm a selfish little ***.

So the loss of people, be they close family or an entertainer or influential public figure, does tend to hit me pretty hard sometimes.

On this note, I agree. I shed more tears and was more upset at the loss of my grandmother as a person long before her body stopped ticking.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-28 08:18:46  
An afterlife would be cool but I don't really see it happening either. I'm not really in a rush to confirm though, one day either I'll be proven wrong or my consciousness will dissipate into oblivion \o/.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-28 08:24:50  
An afterlife would be cool but I don't really see it happening either. I'm not really in a rush to confirm though, one day either I'll be proven wrong or my consciousness will dissipate into oblivion \o/.

Yeah.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20459 20460 20461 ... 22717 22718 22719