Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22439 22440 22441 ... 22709 22710 22711
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-30 15:51:18  
McMansions designed to be replaced in 30 years vs a family home that lasts generations.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-30 15:57:13  
End of flotsam campaign.

I dont need to do my sky pops farming anymore (for a while)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-30 16:00:48  
We have an outdoor "cat coop" for our little screaming orange madness so he can stay outside when it isn't way too hot or cold. But we discovered today that we don't need to keep him in a cage at all. No, he's trapped and unable to go anywhere else as long as we're cooking chicken outside. He's just sitting next to the slow cooker, staring at it patiently.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-06-30 17:05:32  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Woah. Twitter is unviewable without an account now. Wellfuckthat.horseshit lol
It will not be missed by those with no account.

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I just think we're really limiting our potentials with just "citizen journalists". I want to be a "citizen pilot", or a "citizen civil engineer", or maybe a "citizen judge".
Citizen pilot is easy but expensive. https://www.faa.gov/pilots/become

Most civil engineers are private citizens but there are openings in government and military.

As to citizen judge... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Judy
oh was just referring mostly to the misuse of the term I see. Not "citizen" to imply a private, non-government associated person doing their work....but the way its used today to imply "I don't need training in journalism! I just point my phone and report!"

hehe, even Judge Judy has a law degree ;)
I know but stuff like that brings out both the wiseass and the pedant in me.

Full disclosure: I am not the only wiseass or pedant here.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-06-30 20:08:07  
Odin.Moonja said: »
I am a meat popsicle.
Where do you keep the stick?
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-07-01 17:35:15  
Elon Musk blames data scraping by AI startups for his new paywalls on reading tweets
Quote:
You need an account just to read tweets now, and you’ll have to pay for Twitter Blue “verified” access to see more than 600 posts per day.

And nothing of value will be missed.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2023-07-02 02:16:58  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Woah. Twitter is unviewable without an account now. Wellfuckthat.horseshit lol
Facebook and Instagram been doing it forever and no one complained...

You can view Facebook content without logging in if the poster is a public figure or a business. Like this one:

https://www.facebook.com/JustinPJTrudeau

A lot of people use Twitter for marketing, they will be affected if their posts can no longer reach their audiences that easily. Twitter even limited the amount of tweets that users can read with an account. That means people's marketing tweets will reach less people if readers can't see them.

RIP to those who uses Twitter for marketing and make a living. They should at least allow verified users getting their internet traffics.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-07-02 07:32:37  
Viciouss said: »
Don't have any doubts it will make money, eventually.

Just not enough money. If they don't make a profit of half a billion dollars it's a failure by industry standards.

They gotta sell 20 million units to break even and 30 million to be out of the failure range.

They do not have to sell 20 million units to break even. No videogame needs to move that amount of units to break even. If it has already sold 3m units, you are talking around 200m in profits. Its a 70 dollar video game, not a movie ticket.
A day or two late, but also gotta point out that they sold whale copies with the Ifrit/Phoenix statues for like $350, as well as the Deluxe Edition for $100(comes with a metal box and map).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-02 22:34:03  

Can't wait to be severely disappointed by the results tomorrow and have a reason to stop playing
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-02 22:37:39  
Disappointed ye shall be

Probably still be better than Ten, but that means little
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-02 22:44:11  
Unless it competes with Savage ima be sad. (It wont)
By Foxfire 2023-07-02 22:51:30  
proth going out with a bang
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-07-02 23:17:47  
Rumors for 15+ years and now it's finally real.
YouTube Video Placeholder

And they're using CG for the mobile suits again like they did in The Origin and Hathaway. We're never going to get a theatrical release from Gundam with proper animation ever again. ._.;
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-07-03 09:23:30  
Beat XVI; some nitpicks but overall very solid. Probably my fifth favorite FF (XI, IV, XIV, VI, XVI). Non-spoilery thoughts:

- Story was kind of grim but (mostly) very well done; also, anyone who thinks it doesn't "feel" like a FF game just needs to get into the back half of the game, where the story is like HEY WE ARE A FINAL FANTASY GAME

- A lot's been made about the action heavy combat as a divergence from the series, but it really is very good, and if you load up on rings it's basically story mode. If SE is going to concede all of the turn-based gameplay to DQ and the Bravely games then this is a decent enough route to go. (I have a dream idea for what I wish they'd actually do but I'll spare you that)

- After playing this, I kind of want Yoshida n' Pals to get a hold of the Witcher license. The gameplay would work so well in a Witcher game, especially the way Eikon powers map to buttons; it could be ported to signs SO WELL

- I was hoping the difficulty would ramp up but it never really did; going to try NG+/FF mode and see how hard it is, but even without rings I was able to kill even S-rank marks without a ton of fuss.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-07-03 09:44:15  
Asura.Vyre said: »
They do not have to sell 20 million units to break even. No videogame needs to move that amount of units to break even. If it has already sold 3m units, you are talking around 200m in profits. Its a 70 dollar video game, not a movie ticket.
3mil copies at 70 USD per copy is 210m.
they didn't make 200m in profits unless the game cost them 5mil USD to produce and 5mil to market (if that's how much an FF game costs to make, I can afford to make my own FF game)
A game this large would have likely cost 100-300m USD to make, without the associated marketing costs. 50-75m USD for marketing, but not necessarily all in cash spend. More likely a mix between value-in-kind barters/agreements, probably from SONY in exchange for the exclusivity on PS5 for a limited period of time.

Agree with most of what you said, Rooks.
Lore wise felt like an FF game. Clive reminds me of Squal.
Gameplay felt more like a mix between Castlevania(the more recent ones) and a toned-down devil may cry.
beats FF15 and FF13 so no complaints from me.
 Bahamut.Kahraba
user: ashcrow
By Bahamut.Kahraba 2023-07-03 11:34:42  
i will need to start doing drugs our Sortie pug today was a total *** disaster and not even a prime kind of disaster, BLU doing 500 dps, Corsair 800, Enrage on Jester v2....
By SimonSes 2023-07-03 12:24:25  
Bahamut.Kahraba said: »
i will need to start doing drugs our Sortie pug today was a total *** disaster and not even a prime kind of disaster, BLU doing 500 dps, Corsair 800, Enrage on Jester v2....

If it was basement, the most common problem is not enough accuracy buffs. DPS goes to ***with floored accuracy.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-03 12:36:15  
Bahamut.Kahraba said: »

The story of my life...

Im only slowly progressing in Sortie, had a win against triboulex, followed by two fluke.

One reason probably is that im only now catching up, still 3 NMs behind Nyame. Abviously no augments.

Though, dude who ran with me Triboulex commented we had our win in 5 mins fight.

If thats true, maybe we can stun it and make if "forget" setting stage? That win i was rotating stuns with geo and brd.

Today i will give it a try with RNG. I have gastra, so i suppose if i can desl those juice 99k skillchain, then im good. Again, main problem is that i eont have Nyame yet, debating to make the cohort just till i have Nyame augmented.

Just trying to repeat Eijin strat, but without melee, only shooting. Also using a tank but having a RDM to gravity triboukex.

Thats my plan for tonight.

On paper seems ok we will see it in practice soon
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-07-03 17:12:21  
Idiot Boy said: »
Beat XVI; some nitpicks but overall very solid. Probably my fifth favorite FF (XI, IV, XIV, VI, XVI). Non-spoilery thoughts:

The fact that you rate IV as your second favorite makes me smile a lot, lol. I feel like I've made this comment in the past too in some random post you mentioned too but still, I must repeat I like it, lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-03 22:12:11  
Idiot Boy said: »

- Story was kind of grim but (mostly) very well done; also, anyone who thinks it doesn't "feel" like a FF game just needs to get into the back half of the game, where the story is like HEY WE ARE A FINAL FANTASY GAME

- A lot's been made about the action heavy combat as a divergence from the series, but it really is very good, and if you load up on rings it's basically story mode. If SE is going to concede all of the turn-based gameplay to DQ and the Bravely games then this is a decent enough route to go. (I have a dream idea for what I wish they'd actually do but I'll spare you that)

- After playing this, I kind of want Yoshida n' Pals to get a hold of the Witcher license. The gameplay would work so well in a Witcher game, especially the way Eikon powers map to buttons; it could be ported to signs SO WELL

- I was hoping the difficulty would ramp up but it never really did; going to try NG+/FF mode and see how hard it is, but even without rings I was able to kill even S-rank marks without a ton of fuss.

Pretty much same thoughts. VI > X > XI/XIV > XVI > IV for me. I'll add though that Clive + Jill ended up being some of my favorite FF main protagonists, in the top 3 for sure. Cid 1 may be second only to the Thunder God.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-07-03 22:28:13  
Beat XVI tonight. I give it an 8.7/10 overall! Very solid game, love the gameplay, and love the characters and story.

I felt the villains were rather weak, both in presence and presentation.

It's 110% a Final Fantasy, and I rank it among the best. Definitely enters my top 7.

It also reminded me of Lufia 2. And for that I'm gonna remember it forever.

Mid was to die for, as were Jill and Torja. There was an excellent showing from almost every sidequest NPC, too.

I'll try out Final Fantasy Mode after I finish Tears of the Kingdom, which I put on hold cause I was doing it Paragliderless and not done when XVI actually arrived day of release for me...

Mega Spoilers, you've been warned:
[+]
 Bahamut.Kahraba
user: ashcrow
By Bahamut.Kahraba 2023-07-04 08:28:55  
is there anyone that actualyl finished Ministrell Ballad with all characters and side quests? Game is *** terrific and hard lol, and this is the remaster i bet there were some Nerfs too it as well
 Asura.Kenaithus
By Asura.Kenaithus 2023-07-04 13:19:56  
Why people can’t close the door after entering a room/office? It is freezing
First Page 2 3 ... 22439 22440 22441 ... 22709 22710 22711