Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22462 22463 22464 ... 22706 22707 22708
By Pantafernando 2023-09-06 13:51:05  
Ailaique was my second oldest char, kinda like the little old brother of my main char.

Yeah, he had some good gear, my proud BRD, but thats not relevant. I miss him more because of him than what he had.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-06 13:52:39  
You will live forever in my heart!
By kishr 2023-09-06 14:12:24  
ff7 ever crisis is available for download/install now.
it's not ready for playing till servers turn on later tonight jst.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-09-06 15:02:01  
Pantafernando said: »
Ailaique was my second oldest char, kinda like the little old brother of my main char.

Yeah, he had some good gear, my proud BRD, but thats not relevant. I miss him more because of him than what he had.
The day I lost my first alt/mule account was rough too, I feel that. 2008-Josiah wanted to solo through the endieme necropolis and have someone to hit the levers and bam here we are.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-09-06 17:14:44  
Just remake a single char and do a hardcore challenge mode, go to a populated server.
By Draylo 2023-09-06 17:23:58  
I have bought this wireless charger 3 times, every time it works and then stops and starts blinking on and off repeatedly. I keep looking online and have found nobody with the same issue, its so weird how the internet is so vast and supposedly you can find literally anything until you have an issue with something and you google it and 50 million unrelated things come up.

By Pantafernando 2023-09-06 18:02:55  
Draylo said: »
Just remake a single char and do a hardcore challenge mode, go to a populated server.

I actually just set my new goal: creating my own game inspired in FFXI.

The current FFXI is already past its prime. But i feel like i can make a new world with the best ive seen in all this journey.

But this new world will allow teleporting via command line, thats my promise!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-06 18:05:03  
In this new world, tarutarus and galkas will be part of beastman confederation!

Mithras will have no armor lockstyle by default!
By Draylo 2023-09-06 18:52:38  
The crew assembled, these are really well done for how cheap they were

[+]
By Shichishito 2023-09-06 18:58:28  
But this new world will allow teleporting via command line, thats my promise!
Fast travel can be a total imersion killer if executed the wrong way.

Speaking of FFXI inspiration, does anyone know games, online or offline, that have picked up the skillchain magic burst concept or improved upon it?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-06 19:02:07  
The first SaGa Frontier does it, kind of. Abilities chain and boost damage and you can link spells.

Valkyrie Profile does it similar to XI

A bunch have link combo attacks but creating an elemental debuff and blowing it up isn't something I've seen specifically.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-06 19:14:32  
I really hope this new castlevania is as good as the first one. Freaking loved seasons 3 and 4 especially
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-07 05:31:16  
[+]
By mhomho 2023-09-07 05:40:16  
Shichishito said: »
does anyone know games, online or offline, that have picked up the skillchain magic burst concept or improved upon it?

the elemental reaction system of genshin impact is the only thing that comes to mind. aside from the characters, it's my favorite part of the game as it adds depth to the combat. the problem is there is no real end game content to test your decked out characters on (because the point is to collect them and level them, not swipe until they're max out).
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-09-07 10:52:03  
Speaking of FFXI inspiration, does anyone know games, online or offline, that have picked up the skillchain magic burst concept or improved upon it?
I dunno, but I've always loved the mechanic. It didn't (and doesn't) have the best execution, but I'd argue it's the perfect balancing valve for an online, teamwork-driven game.

And I always wished they did more with it. I think it could have also doubled as a great way to open up jobs to allow them to reach their full power fantasy.
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-09-07 11:20:24  
Random thoughts guys but RDM is the Best Mage job right now!
By Pantafernando 2023-09-07 12:54:20  
Is it?

I mean, I feel like RDM is kinda like a COR. If you cant deal dmg, most of time there should be better options then bringing one strickly for the main job capabilities.

While BRD, WHM, SMN, GEO, even SCH and BLM all of them can be choosen for their face value.

The one job I would love is BRD with tank capabilites. That would be OP.

Unfortunelly, I never got my BRD to be tankier enough to fit this role.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-07 12:55:42  

Similar question, but instead of skillchain/burst mechanics, what good game has a good quality level of grinding?

I feel like I really enjoy spending some reasonable amount of time in a job to improve my main char.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-07 12:56:39  
You can rebuild the entire sphere grid and max aeon stats in X!

Like I did. Twice. Thousands of hours!

Thousands of hours in Disgaea too. Literally billions of randomly generated dungeons to increase ilvl (and always enemies level up with you so it's never excess effort!)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-07 13:09:59  
Oh this is fun. The whole history of Chucky in 20 minutes.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-09-07 13:14:23  
Similar question, but instead of skillchain/burst mechanics, what good game has a good quality level of grinding?

I feel like I really enjoy spending some reasonable amount of time in a job to improve my main char.
From my experience, games with the best grind have meaningful encounters.

The grind gets really boring really quickly if you can just mash a button and come out on top. They should either be individually challenging enough to pose a threat, or health/mana shouldn't recover between fights. If every fight requires you to ***, strategize, and optimize, even mundane fights can be fun. And if those fights are fun, level-ups are just the cherry on top.

That's why I found myself OK to just grind away for hours in FFXI, and why I like games such as Final Fantasy Tactics. Even if your party is so strong that the enemies don't pose much of a threat, there's always some way to optimize your routine.

I've really liked Ruined King and Cassette Beasts for the same reason. Very well-designed turn-based RPGs that have optional grind that's satisfying and rewarding. And that's probably why I really liked the Dark Cloud series growing up too.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-07 13:20:37  
Xenoblade I and FFXII hit the exact of grinding spot to me.

Well, i suppose i need to makr up all the missing FF i didnt play after FFXII
By Pantafernando 2023-09-07 13:21:09  
Plus i need some food.

Bai
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-09-07 13:22:30  
Panta is the 2023 equivalent of salty bender being like, "I'll make my own blackjack, with hookers"
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-09-07 13:41:08  
kishr said: »

People were review-bombing it hard, apparently because they did the pre-download and didn't realize that the game wasn't live yet, so they freaked out when it wouldn't load.

On one hand, people need to pay more attention. On the other hand, all that SE had to do was put up a friggin' message in-game explaining when it was going to go live. Instead, players got the loading screen of death or a generic message telling them to check their connection.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-07 13:44:25  
Square never misses a chance to shoot themselves in the ***
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-09-07 14:01:52  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
People were review-bombing it hard, apparently because they did the pre-download and didn't realize that the game wasn't live yet, so they freaked out when it wouldn't load.
That happens to every game that doesn't properly communicate exactly when a game is supposed to be available.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it."
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-07 14:06:02  
/highfive to my fellow FF lovers who without working up a tizzy are just waiting for all 3 installments to be truly finished-state by SE before starting it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-07 14:33:36  
Yeah, like manga, i see no point starting a play/read/watch if i know i will need to stop to wait.

Thus why i never picked back HunterxHunter, Vagabond, One Piece, etc.
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-09-07 16:09:33  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
kishr said: »

On one hand, people need to pay more attention. On the other hand, all that SE had to do was put up a friggin' message in-game explaining when it was going to go live. Instead, players got the loading screen of death or a generic message telling them to check their connection.
There was one. I posted it on the previous page. They typo'd the date the second time it was mentioned, but the time was accurate to your timezone.

EDIT: On the EC topic; *** I should've taken the first roll I had. It was pretty bare, but at least it had the Murasame; rerolls just keep giving me Barret's weapon instead. ;~;
First Page 2 3 ... 22462 22463 22464 ... 22706 22707 22708