Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22482 22483 22484 ... 22707 22708 22709
By Pantafernando 2023-10-15 19:14:16  
dafuq...

suddenly its a tragedy after the other... one horrible tragedy every hour.

There wont be anyone live by the end at this rate.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-15 20:14:45  
Pantafernando said: »
dafuq...

speaking of utter travesties of the highest caliber, that reminds me,

I had asked you about unity accolades before and you had said it was due to rhapsody key items
Wife was getting 1200/Roe completion and mule was getting 600 accolades, both in same unity and same rank

And now a month later, no key items have changed and they both getting the same amounts together as the RoE finishes...

I wonder what else is at play here. Maybe a limited time event was active that only some people qualify for? Or maybe only certain repeatable RoE are affected by certain bonuses?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-15 22:22:46  
By Shichishito 2023-10-15 23:42:54  
Afania said: »
3D in anime.
When I'm talking anime I'm primarily refering to higher budget movies like ghost in the shell or cowboy bebop if you want a series example.

I've mentioned arcane cause it's one of few examples that I know which did a decent job mixing 3D with 2D, I also mentioned it's not strictly anime but, just like the game it's based on, it definitely has anime influnces.

I've seen other recommendations that qualify as anime like dorohedoro or Beastars, I haven't seen any of them but judging by a few scenes on youtube they put more effort into it than copy pasting a couple of tree trunks in the background. However, imho you can still tell apart 3D objects from the 2D areas. There are always issues with line weight, key frames and animation flow that I haven't seen executed convincingly in a finished product although it aparently can be done with a process called stepped animation (only first 31 seconds relevant).

I don't know about demon slayer but It's not hard to find threads or videos about issues with 3D in modern anime but I guess most of those authors were born into the hand drawn era of animation. I assume your a child of the early era of 2D mixed with 3D?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-16 08:18:14  
dafuq...

It's at a point where it's happening with such great frequency that I can't even tell if what you're mentioning is something I've yet to hear about or if it's something ongoing.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-16 11:52:02  
Someone lotted E.Bd on their mule :(
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-16 12:50:05  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
dafuq...

It's at a point where it's happening with such great frequency that I can't even tell if what you're mentioning is something I've yet to hear about or if it's something ongoing.
it's probably about more fighting in the middle east, the latest I saw one innocent family's surviving members was begging not to have their own government overreact and kill innocent families on the other side etc, or use the decedent's life to make more violence, during an interview after an attack
By Afania 2023-10-16 12:57:10  
Shichishito said: »
I assume your a child of the early era of 2D mixed with 3D?

No.....

As I said Ive been watching anime since 80s. That's before Ghost in the shell(1995) and cowboy bebop(1998) even existed. There were no such thing as 2D+3D in the 80s anime. At that time it was called "cell animation" which was hand-drawn, which was different from "digital/computer animation" that we know today.

Japanese studios eventually moved to producing anime with computers many years later. That's when 3D technology became possible.

Therefore I wasn't from "early era of 2D mixed with 3D" at all. Nor I understand why people's age is relevant in this discussion anyways, as personal preference on art and media isn't always relevant with age.

When I'm talking anime I'm primarily refering to higher budget movies like ghost in the shell or cowboy bebop if you want a series example

Honestly, I don't think your problem is with the technology, it's the budget.

The reason why you think Arcane and Ghost in the shell looks good is probably because those are some of the highest budget shows of its time.

Regardless of the technology...an animation will look good if the budget is high and vice versa.

If you are going to use shows with the highest budget from that era and use it as a standard, of course lesser budget shows will look worse. There is no way around it.

I've mentioned arcane cause it's one of few examples that I know which did a decent job mixing 3D with 2D,

Just FYI, 2D has always been part of 3D animation pipeline. It's called matte painting. Most if not every show uses it to save money.

It is not a technique that is only used in Arcane. It's used everywhere since long time ago.

The reason why Arcane looks good is because the budget is incredibly high. It isn't because "3D merge with 2D technology" or anything like that.

If you have budget, of course anything can look good. 3D, 2D, whatever. And vice versa.

I've seen plenty of live action shows that I can easily tell which background is matte painting which is real. It's the same "uncanny valley" that you described. So 3D+2D isn't immune to "uncanny valley". It would still looks out of place if it is done cheaply.

I don't know about demon slayer

According to wiki it's the highest grossing film in Japan of all time. Beats Titanic(3rd) and Frozen(4th) by a decent margin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_Japan

So no matter how you think it is cheap or looks bad, it is still insanely profitable, and most people that IS the target audience loved it and paid a lot of money for it. Ufotable's pipeline isn't going away anytime soon no matter what you think.

not hard to find threads or videos about issues with 3D in modern anime

It's true that there are a lot of 3D in lower budget anime that doesn't merge well, that even untrained eyes can see it easily.

But I think 3D in anime is one of these things that when it merged well most people won't notice it, people would pay attention to story and actings instead. When it was done poorly it breaks immersion, and it becomes the target of "3D is bad" mentality.

Therefore it's always easy blame 3D in anime because it only bothers you when you see it.

If you are an artist with trained eyes you can probably see them more easily if you look for flaws on purpose. That doesn't represent average anime viewers though. Most people don't watch anime with a magnifying glass finding every little flaw in the background. They only pay attention to stories and characters unless the flaws in the background are so bad to the point that is immersion breaking. That's when you see people complained about 3D on the internet.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-10-16 13:23:29  
gotta admit the comment about "Cell Shading" early in that tome completely made me divert to nostalgia for the classic Disney movies that were hand drawn, and not read much more ;) But I'm not really your target as I've never gotten in to Anime. Respect the genre, its just not for me.

I love the computer-driven animation potential, but there was something more artistic about that era.
[+]
By Afania 2023-10-16 13:46:13  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
gotta admit the comment about "Cell Shading" early in that tome

Lol yeah, I quite enjoyed digging into the history of anime, films and games...so I accidentally typed too much since it's a topic that I love a lot. Oops!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-16 14:32:03  
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm The Matrix, tv show... fan made? With AI?
YouTube Video Placeholder

So this is uh, very fun fan made what happened after 3, storyboard type thing. Matrices within sub matrices.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-10-16 15:21:41  
Early 3 D computer animation. 1985.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Josiahafk 2023-10-16 15:52:05  
"why is this ambuscade so slow, did I accidentally choose too high a difficulty? weird"

*slowly gets it down to 80% before realizing I had two lvl 87 daggers on instead of the normal 119s*

[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-16 16:53:36  
Thats why dogs are better than cats.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-17 02:25:19  
I think its funny how some explicit red flags are simply ignored by NPCs for plot reasons.

- Hey, where you got that red bag (that was a trademark from another NPC)? ow, I guess youre curious
- Hey, what are you doing in a abandoned shipwreck in the beach? ow, I guess youre shy
- Hey, why are you avoiding sunlight? ow, I guess your eyes are sensitive
- Hey, why are you smelling like blood and rotten meat? ow, I guess its time for you to take a bath
- Hey, why are you stepping in a huge pool of blood right in your feet? ow, I guess its that "time of the month"
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-10-17 09:19:02  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
gotta admit the comment about "Cell Shading" early in that tome completely made me divert to nostalgia for the classic Disney movies that were hand drawn, and not read much more ;) But I'm not really your target as I've never gotten in to Anime. Respect the genre, its just not for me.

I love the computer-driven animation potential, but there was something more artistic about that era.

I'm sorry, but any comment about "Cell Shading" instantly takes me to Strong Sad and Trogdor! :D

Trogdor the Burninator
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-17 10:00:11  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I'm sorry, but any comment about "Cell Shading" instantly takes me to Strong Sad and Trogdor! :D

Trogdor the Burninator
I'm all for a good Homestar Runner reference <3
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-17 14:22:33  
Thats why dogs are better than cats.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-10-17 16:12:32  
Are YouTube embeds broken? I tried to embed something today and it's not working? Unless I'm doing something wrong?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-17 16:23:03  
I wouldnt be surprised if their very heavy adblock detection is the culprit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-17 16:25:25  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I wouldnt be surprised if their very heavy adblock detection is the culprit.
Yeah they really cracked down today.
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-10-18 00:49:16  
Afania said: »
Just glossing over this wall of text I'm detecting a mix of slight contradiction, inaccuracy and a heavy dose of opinionated bias which usually results in endless pages of Ackchyually induced back and forth that lead to nothing, but I guess that's what some of us are here for.

I think we shouldn't inconvenience the random thoughts folks more than we already did. If you make a new thread maybe I'll bite but for now I'll have to pass.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-18 02:01:08  
Well... yesterday I started Nier Automata...

First dungeon, I spend 50 mins to reach the supposelly boss (double crane), but I suck then I ended dying, just for the game be unforgiving with me and sending me back to the intro cutscene, not even retaining the levels earned.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-18 03:08:33  
Ive started this trip because this game was so praised, but i wouldnt ever imagine how this entire story would become that convoluted, even more considering how Drakengard 1 was that simplistic, then in only three games the story went from a “save the princess” game to a 12000 years long sage, with multiverses, ocultists, dimension traveling, etc.

Well, im enjoying diving in this intricate world.

Just that i never can help thinking “im sure the creator didnt think that much ahead. None can start a near-indie game already planning like a saga with dozen chapters. Thats a load of retcons being tossed”
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-18 08:47:22  
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-18 08:54:18  
Well, i surely dont see me leaving Yoitube anytime near.

Im not sure what other competiting there are, and if they can provide same content variety like YT
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-18 08:55:36  
If the choice is 3 minutes of preroll, midroll, invideo sponsor and end ad plus patreon list and pandering for even more donos, then *** youtube.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-18 08:57:19  
YT definitively replaced all what television was to me till 2010 i think.

With bonus point i can decide what brainwashing i want to undertake, and not being brainwashed by what the big media want me to.

It probably the only place in world i have at least a sliver of freedom
First Page 2 3 ... 22482 22483 22484 ... 22707 22708 22709