Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22485 22486 22487 ... 22708 22709 22710
By Mattelot 2023-10-19 09:47:19  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Never had any of those people you listed appear on my homepage.
you have clicked dumb ***before and youtube thinks you like it now.

I cannot stand their algorithm sometimes. One of my biggest gripes is that streamer amsmoglod. Before I ever heard of him, I did a search for Hunter rotation videos. One popped up first with him in it. Not knowing any better, I clicked on it and lost 20 minutes of my life to something that had absolutely nothing to do with what I was searching for. Now, even after clearing my history, cache, etc... even clicking on "Not Interested" 100 times, his stuff still pops up all the time in my recommendations. Even using a 3rd party blocker, they still show up once in a while under a different channel name.

Asura.Vyre said: »
They put out another survey to creators, and when they asked, "Why are you dissatisfied with Youtube?" I wrote a long spiel about how they don't enforce their own ToS fairly or evenly, and they let popular users with larger followers doxx smaller users with no repercussions.
Probably won't do jack ***, but you know.

Just noticed this, reminded me of my conversation yesterday about shitty moderation (wasn't targeting you) and this is the type of stuff I'm talking about. When or if you get a response from admins like this, it's usually something along the lines of "Oh we get so many complaints, we can't always catch them all" or something similar.

I understand that they're a very large company with a lot of traffic but when you start seeing large violations continue/repeat for a very long time but minor ones actioned within a day, it doesn't take a genius to see that something shady is going on.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-19 09:56:20  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Ah... all the wonderful things I miss out on by not Utubeing. NOT.
I think the only thing I'd miss from YouTube are the few channels that put actual effort into their content, such as animators and musicians. And in a separate loop in that same Venn Diagram, RedLetterMedia, just because I usually laugh out loud at least a few times each video.

But those are like... 6 of my subscriptions. The rest is all stuff that I usually have on a second or third monitor while I do something else.

Even on Twitch yesterday one of the channels I follow was 4 hours deep into streaming themselves reacting to an audiobook.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-19 10:04:06  
Mattelot said: »
Just noticed this, reminded me of my conversation yesterday about shitty moderation (wasn't targeting you) and this is the type of stuff I'm talking about. When or if you get a response from admins like this, it's usually something along the lines of "Oh we get so many complaints, we can't always catch them all" or something similar.

I understand that they're a very large company with a lot of traffic but when you start seeing large violations continue/repeat for a very long time but minor ones actioned within a day, it doesn't take a genius to see that something shady is going on.
The problem with YouTube's moderation is that they automate the penalty without any evidence, and then it's up to the channel to provide evidence that they didn't break the ToS. So if you have a YouTuber who says something controversial, people can flood the system with reports, which will see the video automatically get demonetized, copyright struck, or delisted, or even see the whole channel banned. And then it's a real uphill battle to rebuke the judgment.

Guilty until proven innocent.
By Viciouss 2023-10-19 10:21:04  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Naw son, this kinda trashy ***just floats by on thumbnails. Always trying to ram it down your god damn throat despite not watching it.

Never even heard of augusttheduck yet they're in my feed. The whole thing, both trashtubers and what the drama is in one picture. Unclicked.
Spoiled for trash

https://i.ibb.co/Jxcb5Mc/naw.png
I don't want this *** garbage on my home page. Ever. But other people watching it, so the algorithm just shits it out everywhere.
I have never once had any of the annoying *** on my youtube home page of random stuff to watch, even mr beast or whoever is the biggest youtuber now.

it pulls from your own watch history after you watch like 20+ videos and echo chambers you, suggests similar content bro.

So you must click dumb ***if you get a lot of dumb ***on your home page.

It always forces any big youtuber on all homepages whether you watch them or not. Marqi, pansino, ijustine, pewdie, markiplier, septdickeye,

I watch zero of them but theyre always there even after you click "don't recommend this channel"

I guess I confuse the machine.

Yeah I don't get any of these guys either. I watch YT daily and subscribe to a lot of channels pertaining videogame reviews (not Let's Plays), sports, and deep sea fishing. And this is pretty much all I see in my recommended videos feed, even if I'm not subscribed to that particular channel. I never see recommendations for streamers that are actually playing games. I don't even remember saying not interested in them because I have literally never seen them.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-19 10:26:23  
I just confuse the algorithm then (it's probably because I never like anything now that I think about it, if I watch it, I liked it, but I never click like)

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/20/23356434/youtube-dislike-not-interested-buttons-bad-recommendations-mozilla-report

Quote:
Using video recommendations data from more than 20,000 YouTube users, Mozilla researchers found that buttons like “not interested,” “dislike,” “stop recommending channel,” and “remove from watch history” are largely ineffective at preventing similar content from being recommended. Even at their best, these buttons still allow through more than half the recommendations similar to what a user said they weren’t interested in, the report found. At their worst, the buttons barely made a dent in blocking similar videos.
By Viciouss 2023-10-19 10:33:56  
I would just recommend subscribing to several channels that post daily or at least weekly content, that way they will be prioritized over whatever the algorithm is thinking.
[+]
By Mattelot 2023-10-19 10:57:20  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
The problem with YouTube's moderation is that they automate the penalty without any evidence, and then it's up to the channel to provide evidence that they didn't break the ToS. So if you have a YouTuber who says something controversial, people can flood the system with reports, which will see the video automatically get demonetized, copyright struck, or delisted, or even see the whole channel banned. And then it's a real uphill battle to rebuke the judgment.

Genius system... Some shady stuff definitely going on there.
By Wordspoken 2023-10-19 11:42:46  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Haven't played since they released Duviri, how's the new frame
Haven't farmed any of them. Taking the lax approach these days. Don't need to burn myself getting stuff immediately. Hell I haven't even done the duviri quest!

Agree with what people said about the game. It's not perfect and it has its flaws. But I mean... its for free in many ways, not like you pay a monthly fee for nothing in return/put X amount of money into gatcha only to not get the pull your after.

At the end of the day, I symphatize with the devs. They seem to genuinely care about game/fanbase. I wonder if I'd quit long ago without the devstreams :D
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-19 12:06:20  

You never get the blackbox menu asking you why you aren't watching the videos on the homepage?

Trying to get it to pop up again.
if I scroll down often enough or fail to click anything often enough, one of the video links will be replaced with a "would you like to see something different to see if you like it?" and when you click "sure, try new to me" it reloads with a bunch of content I've never heard of, but still not the big *** you mentioned. just pulls from similar content I've never clicked before etc
By Josiahafk 2023-10-19 12:08:04  
I just confuse the algorithm then (it's probably because I never like anything now that I think about it, if I watch it, I liked it, but I never click like)

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/20/23356434/youtube-dislike-not-interested-buttons-bad-recommendations-mozilla-report

Quote:
Using video recommendations data from more than 20,000 YouTube users, Mozilla researchers found that buttons like “not interested,” “dislike,” “stop recommending channel,” and “remove from watch history” are largely ineffective at preventing similar content from being recommended. Even at their best, these buttons still allow through more than half the recommendations similar to what a user said they weren’t interested in, the report found. At their worst, the buttons barely made a dent in blocking similar videos.
I never like videos either, so I think it's probably the fact you are actively engaging stuff yeah, even to say dont show me more

I stopped wasting time doing that on tiktok when it kept showing me more of the same content
By Pantafernando 2023-10-19 13:25:49  
Face the truth!
By Pantafernando 2023-10-19 13:26:38  
Just imagine a little puppy saying that

While looking at you with the corner of his eyes
By Pantafernando 2023-10-19 13:27:12  
Ow fu**

Im screwed.

I just clicked a youtube shorts about how to undress 2B.

Now only kinky stuffs gonna appear in my recomendations

EDIT: i. Actually am refreshing YT because i couldnt watch the video, so i need it to pop again in the screen
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-19 14:09:19  
what the heck is that, looks like people names floating in the sky to the left

Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-19 14:33:18  
The Throne Room has been buggy like that since I could remember. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's super noticeable.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-19 15:04:03  
Its some stalker stalking you using POS
By Pantafernando 2023-10-19 15:04:39  
Make sure to close the curtains while taking a shower
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-19 15:06:25  
The Throne Room has been buggy like that since I could remember. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's super noticeable.
Pretty sure it's from an old event
Maybe the one where it ported you to a random zone and you had to wander to the "exit"
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-10-19 17:36:53  
Mattelot said: »
Social media IS something shady.

For social media that isn't a bad idea.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-19 17:55:12  
More like guilty even if proven innocent. Unless you're a very high revenue content creator, then you get the equivalent of diplomatic immunity.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-19 19:26:11  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Now someones gonna doxx me (again) for talkin about their queen :(
^^^ Their real name is Nynja and they're from Carbuncle!

Get doxxed, sucka!
Careful, there arent a lot of mithra wandering land of 100,000 lakes Winterland; fur is not thick enough to last long with those kazam tropical genes.

They'll find ya!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-20 14:49:41  
Youtube gave the doxxer a temporary monetization suspension, and said “both sides did bad things” lmao.

In other news, it seems the updated adblockers are working just fine :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-20 15:04:34  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
In other news, it seems the updated adblockers are working just fine :)
Yeah it took them like 24 hours XD
By Pantafernando 2023-10-20 16:41:52  
I have wondershare so i can simply download stuffs ad free.

I actually do that for many video lessons and music videos.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-20 16:47:28  
Today I started reading Attack on Titans manga.

Add this with the ongoing play of Nier Automata, and its is kinda symbolic my two current medias are apocaliptic dystopian world where humanity is in its last leg, fighting against forces way stronger.

Maybe this is symbolic of the current stage of my life. Where Im getting too old to have hope for the future, and kinda lost faith in humanity or society.

Seriously best thing I did in my life was setting a time marking the end of my current lifestyle to embark in an adventure in Europe.

Because I feel like I couldnt take living my current life for another decade or till Im old enough to retire.

Im feed up with this, no wonder Im consuming those hopeless medias, probably cheering the non-humanity party.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-20 19:56:51  
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-10-20 20:23:32  
Pretty common in development to have assets floating off in the sky somewhere off-screen. Especially those that aren't always present are only used in cutscenes or triggered somehow. Since I don't think it's things that were actually used in the game, I'm guessing it was something in very early development that they just forgot about.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-20 21:15:36  
Shiva.Cerderic said: »
Pretty common in development to have assets floating off in the sky somewhere off-screen. Especially those that aren't always present are only used in cutscenes or triggered somehow. Since I don't think it's things that were actually used in the game, I'm guessing it was something in very early development that they just forgot about.
You'd think they'd hide the extra assets underneath the stage or something.
 Asura.Rekcuf
サーバ: Asura
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-10-20 23:05:50  
YouTube Video Placeholder

kekw
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor