Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22607 22608 22609 ... 22706 22707 22708
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-31 18:27:53  
unrelated but this is a pretty cool song

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Pantafernando 2024-06-01 01:46:00  
Good morning you who wake up full of energy to change the world. And also good morning you who just want to go back to sleep a little more.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-01 02:29:59  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Money talks, let them realize sales are what matters and they can either adapt to their customers or keep pushing the slop and go out of business pandering to people non-customer

They are pandering to their customers though.

The customers of all these public companies are the investors, they are the most important people. We are the cows in the field, eating their grass. The only time they care about us, is upto the point doing so makes the actual customer happy.

Only when it's a private company like with Baldurs Gate 3, Palworld or Stellar Blade is the person buying the game the most important person.

The customer is always right, and for a public company we ain't it.

The sad reality of public companies is this, what do you think all these feminist or other groups do with the vast amounts of money they raise? When they raise billions of dollars for feminist causes, what do you think they do with the money? They invest in companies that will further their agenda the best, and that way all these big corporations have to listen to them.

What's that? you want big tiddies on your lara croft game? I don't think so! All the middle aged women who were mad about this 20 years ago get to do something about it now.

It's getting to a point where they are pandering to investors now so hard, and alienating customers so much that they are actually on the verge of making the cows not want to eat the grass anymore.

I used to buy games all the time, I barely ever buy anything anymore. Pretty much every game show is full of garbage now, there was maybe 2-3 games in that state of play that were decent and they were all Japanese.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2024-06-01 03:11:22  
Pantafernando said: »
Good morning you who wake up full of energy to change the world. And also good morning you who just want to go back to sleep a little more.

Sorry what did you just say?!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-01 03:42:38  
RadialArcana said: »
Money talks, let them realize sales are what matters and they can either adapt to their customers or keep pushing the slop and go out of business pandering to people non-customer

They are pandering to their customers though.

The customers of all these public companies are the investors, they are the most important people. We are the cows in the field, eating their grass. The only time they care about us, is upto the point doing so makes the actual customer happy.

Only when it's a private company like with Baldurs Gate 3, Palworld or Stellar Blade is the person buying the game the most important person.

The customer is always right, and for a public company we ain't it.

The sad reality of public companies is this, what do you think all these feminist or other groups do with the vast amounts of money they raise? When they raise billions of dollars for feminist causes, what do you think they do with the money? They invest in companies that will further their agenda the best, and that way all these big corporations have to listen to them.

What's that? you want big tiddies on your lara croft game? I don't think so! All the middle aged women who were mad about this 20 years ago get to do something about it now.

It's getting to a point where they are pandering to investors now so hard, and alienating customers so much that they are actually on the verge of making the cows not want to eat the grass anymore.

I used to buy games all the time, I barely ever buy anything anymore. Pretty much every game show is full of garbage now, there was maybe 2-3 games in that state of play that were decent and they were all Japanese.
If that were the case, then dev's wouldnt be getting laid off and studio's wouldnt be shutting down in droves.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023%E2%80%932024_video_game_industry_layoffs

Sure, they're scapegoats, but eventually they're gonna run out of scapegoats.
By Afania 2024-06-01 04:13:28  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Afania said: »
I think people are expecting Capcom resident evil 2 level of remake
Perhaps you meant the same level of production value. But even with RE2R's high prodcution value, to some fans, RE2R wasn't beyond reproach neither (I loved it, especially on Hardcore). It wasn't completely faithful to the original, and they didn't even plan to have 2 scenarios per character, and only added them very late in development after the news was met with negative reception, which resulted in the scenarios being not that different in routing nor story (in contrast with the OG)

SH2R's gameplay seems to have gone the RE4 (or perhaps RE2R) gameplay route, which is kinda expected. Gone are the fixed camera survival horror days. The RE4 gameplay is more engaging, especially for boss fights.

My comment wasn't about the battle system, it was about the environment design. Battle system wasn't the main point of SH so it can be whatever. Environment is pretty make or break when it comes to recreating SH feels.

YouTube Video Placeholder

This video shows the difference more clearly, check out 1:47-1:54:

OG SH environment designers: let's make the environment as bleak and depressing as possible.

Remake designers: let's make the environment as beautiful as possible.

(Seriously, what's up with all that golden light on the ground?)

One can probably say the latter approach is for mainstream appeal. But if you are a die hard OG fan you may not like it.

Re2 remake actually didn't change the whole atmosphere that much. The environment in re2 remake is in fact a bit more scary and immersive than the OG, and the overall mood in RE2 remake is what I would expect from a RE game using modern graphics.

SH2 remake environment change feels more drastic in a lot of ways.
By Draylo 2024-06-01 04:30:02  
Those were simply the limitations of the era and their systems
By RadialArcana 2024-06-01 04:33:57  
If that were the case, then dev's wouldnt be getting laid off and studio's wouldnt be shutting down in droves.

The people who own the companies (Microsoft) don't care about firing devs or even shutting down studios. Also the CEO is directly accountable legally to the share holders in a way he isn't to customers, so even if ...for instance phil spencer knows what he is doing is super toxic to fans (xbox recently went super woke saying female characters should be fugly asf) he still has to do it cause shareholder demands > customer.

Also firing a load of devs and shutting down a load of studios creates a supply and demand issue where there are more devs than jobs, and that pushes down wages across the board cause everyone is easily replaceable now. For a big company that owns lots of studios like Microsoft this can save them way more money.

Firing loads of people or shutting unimportant studios is really smart business if you want to keep wages low industry wide, especially for dev teams making tons of money like CoD or whatever.
By RadialArcana 2024-06-01 04:35:36  
I love how the massive budget hundred million dollar CGI Concord game is hated and the fun cheap Astro game stole the show, I love that so much cause it's such a poke in the eye to modern suit driven game dev industry.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-06-01 05:20:37  
My comment wasn't about the battle system
I did not imply that. My response to you was only in the 1st paragraph. The 2nd paragraph was just me elaborating further on why change (in general) is inevitable in the Remake.

But I still don't see what you've shown as a big deal tbh (based on what we've seen), and the main complaints that upset fans are about ideology-driven changes (like uglifying female characters, and God-knows what else). If the Remake isn't 1:1 to the original (in terms of quality and content), a lot of people will still be forgiving if they perceive the project to be a passion project, despite the changes. There'll still be criticism for any changes, and even the RE2R didn't get scot-free. I think RE2R was a fantastic experience despite the changes, so I wonder how SH2R is gonna turn out. But they need to fix that weird face first.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2024-06-01 09:51:34  
Rabbit and Steel has been a fun romp to go through / keep going through. Nice little indie game if you enjoy FFXIV boss-style fights without any of the fluff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-01 10:44:30  
Been using lossless scaling with ffxi to give it frame gen and I'm getting 120fps. It's buttery smooth
By Pantafernando 2024-06-01 11:35:15  
I hate hearing a good music in a mixed set, but I cant find the name of it.
By Afania 2024-06-01 11:49:33  
But I still don't see what you've shown as a big deal tbh (based on what we've seen), and the main complaints that upset fans are about ideology-driven changes (like uglifying female characters, and God-knows what else). If the Remake isn't 1:1 to the original (in terms of quality and content), a lot of people will still be forgiving if they perceive the project to be a passion project, despite the changes. There'll still be criticism for any changes, and even the RE2R didn't get scot-free. I think RE2R was a fantastic experience despite the changes, so I wonder how SH2R is gonna turn out. But they need to fix that weird face first.

Woke was part of the complain but I've read there are other complaints such as graphics fidelity not on PS5 standard and combat hit box. I think those are budget issues. Since SH2 remake is made by a smaller team not Capcom. I don't expect a smaller team's graphics and combat can match Capcom's quality.

I am indeed more sensitive to video game environments than average person. That's why most people will look at character face while I look at backgrounds. After I watched remake gameplay the first thing was that I googled OG videos to confirm if OG environment size is indeed smaller. Idk, the same part in OG hospital just looks more depressed and narrow maybe because of the size or color.

Draylo said: »
Those were simply the limitations of the era and their systems

It isn't just game engine thing. Adding some golden light on the ground in the environment is a conscious artistic decision. You can argue that it is not "wrong" (artistic decision is a subjective thing), but I can't help but starting to wonder why they feel like doing that in that particular location. In a game that is supposed to be psychological horror.

To me they are changing the "style" or "soul" of SH into something else. Whether you can accept that or not depends on how much you love the original. That's the burden of any remake though.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-01 12:50:54  
Thats cool that they dont care as long as they get their "billions of dollars for feminist causes" (your words), but once again:
Sure, they're scapegoats, but eventually they're gonna run out of scapegoats.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-01 12:56:41  
It isn't just game engine thing. Adding some golden light on the ground in the environment is a conscious artistic decision. You can argue that it is not "wrong" (artistic decision is a subjective thing), but I can't help but starting to wonder why they feel like doing that in that particular location. In a game that is supposed to be psychological horror.

Seems to me, the intent wasn't the light so much as the dust the light is catching. It's hard to portray that dust without light to accentuate. I don't know that it's better or worse for me, your point about the darker environment is a good one. But, dust being stirred up in an abandoned area does still fit some intent.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-06-01 14:51:24  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Rabbit and Steel has been a fun romp to go through / keep going through. Nice little indie game if you enjoy FFXIV boss-style fights without any of the fluff.
How can you have rabbits in a game and have no fluff?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-06-01 17:59:34  
Perhaps you meant the same level of production value
I don't expect a smaller team's graphics and combat can match Capcom's quality.
Yes

I am indeed more sensitive to video game environments than average person
Maybe, but nobody is disputing that the overall feel is different. I personally would want to wait for a demo before deciding whether I should expect a decent experience from the game or not.
By Viciouss 2024-06-01 18:54:18  
Overreactions to an announcement trailer are always the best.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-02 02:04:57  
Good morning you who are a european champion. And slso you who are only a national champion.

And also good morning to you who are just a total loser.

Dont come close to me. You stink
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-02 05:19:54  
Sad morning, twitch now winning the adblocker wars again until the next tvtpro update U_U

Youtube still losing though
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-02 05:33:23  
Chrome phasing out manifest v2 addons for manifest v3, which no longer has some of the API calls that adblockers rely on. Originally was slated to be June 2024, not sure of current timeline, but possible you'll need a different browser to use certain adblocks.

Since firefox is based on chrome, only a matter of time until they get pressured too.. seems like the adblock war is far from over.
By RadialArcana 2024-06-02 06:30:35  
These billion dollar companies could end ad blockers tomorrow if they really wanted to, they are taking the slow (boil the frog) approach in order to not cause a big backlash however. We haven't seen a real push against adblock yet, once we do it will come thick and fast and from multiple directions at once.

Pretty much all the freedom people used to have on the internet is slowly being chipped away, even Windows itself is becoming the guardian of the corporations watching you (and again they are taking the slow approach with each new version of windows they force you to get, to add more features to stop you doing stuff).
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-02 06:35:55  
They couldn't end them tomorrow. Even if they pulled it from every mainstream browser, there are enough open source browsers(past and current) that someone will provide a new option. Completely preventing adblockers would require designing a content delivery system that integrates the ads directly into the content being displayed.

I don't know if they're taking a slow approach or not, but it's definitely not a simple problem atm. Ad delivery was not designed around the idea that people would be trying to block it, and getting rid of adblockers would require substantial changes to how ads are delivered.

Advanced users have options like pi-hole which will directly block requests from accessing the servers hosting the ads. Preventing something like this would require a server-side verification that the ad loaded prior to content delivery, and mean an ad outage also creates a content outage. Alternatively, ads could be hosted on the same servers as the content.. but this would require new back-end systems to be created and used by anyone trying to host ads.
By Jetackuu 2024-06-02 08:08:47  
ads are a plague on modern society
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-02 08:29:33  
If they wanted to stop ads the first thing they would do is lobby politicians to classify adblocking as theft so they can go after people making and updating them, most of the internet is funded by ads now and it's a billion dollar industry. If they wanted to do this, they could absolutely do it and have justification for it being passed.

After that, cut the adrev money you give to influencers (or promise them more money) and tell them it's because of adblock, they will then start moaning that the million dollars a year they currently make just isn't enough and they aren't sure they can keep making videos about minecraft tiddy mods anymore. This will turn all the braindead people that watch them into advocates for stamping out adblock on social media.

If they want to stop unauthorized browsers barely anyone uses they can make up some nonsense about safety as they are currently doing about AI, and push for more controls and legal requirements they have to follow for "safety of users" (which will effectively block all the smaller browsers out). Regulations when demanded by the big companies are always used to block out smaller competition these days.

Microsoft and Google can work together to make Windows 12 have far more control over what you can run on their OS, and potentially only work with specific browsers they allow you to use (and work with Valve as they did previously to force everyone to "upgrade" to windows 12 or lose access to their games library, whether they want it or not)

They don't have to stop everyone, they just have to stop the majority who are mostly all tech illiterate and easily nudged.
By RadialArcana 2024-06-02 08:30:45  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Hey what the heck is going on?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-02 08:34:08  
RadialArcana said: »
They don't have to stop everyone, they just have to stop the majority who are mostly all tech illiterate and easily nudged.

I was ready to type up how much *** the whole post was up until here. Yea, they can reasonably make it inaccessible to the average person, but they can't stop anyone who's tech literate without immense changes to the way ads are currently served.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-02 08:36:44  
Like half of all ads are already part of the video.

100% of every youtube video has a sponsor thats built into the content, in addition to the actual pre and mid rolls. It's pervasive.

Preroll, in video sponser, mid roll, join my patreon, end roll, smash that *** like button so the algorithm knows you love ads, comment subscribe for more ads, another ad.

At least in-video ads you can skip, for now. Can't wait for AI to detect you skipped 60 seconds ahead and halt playback.
First Page 2 3 ... 22607 22608 22609 ... 22706 22707 22708