Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22637 22638
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-07-01 12:24:14  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Interesting fact of the day (only rate up this post if you knew this beforehand)

On the periodic table, Gallium is listed as a liquid in North America, but it's listed as a solid in the UK periodic Table. Because USA room temperature (25C) is higher than the standard room temp in the UK, where Gallium solidifies at that slightly lower temperature
I rated up because it's neato trivia. You can't tell me what to do!
By Pantafernando 2024-07-01 13:24:25  
Why you so rebellious today, Vyre-kun?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-01 16:01:37  
Kinda common lately seeing people saying they "have TDAH", they can stay focused for more than 1h.

I never considered myself with any problem, but I also cant stay studying for hours and hours. I cant even stay focused for 1h before I need to take a break.

So, Im not sure, maybe I also have TDAH and none told me? I always considered this difficulty of paying attention for long time as a normal occurence.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-01 16:37:43  
Without giving spoilers - My fav thing about last night's episode.

By Pantafernando 2024-07-02 01:04:09  
Good morning you who farm NNI. Also you who farm VW. And you, who just farm T3 in Esch Zitah.

In my time I used to farm Sagasingers.

Git gud
By Pantafernando 2024-07-02 03:00:04  
I just saw a provocative title in a video: "Afe we in the new golden age of JRPG?"

I dont know as I dont follow that close the gaming releases. But I think most of my favorite games comes from japan producers and are heavily inspired by their culture.

When I think about other producers, I see US as excelling in FSP and some simulator kind of game like driving, sports.

Aside US and Japan, I dont remember any interesting game that made me feel like "oh, this is surely an european title, an south american title, an chinese title"

Golden age of JRPG? Personally Im not sure because since I started playing this genre with the first Super Mario RPG I dont think I ever thought: "Im sick tired of this".

FPS, sports games arent my thing also so thats that
By Afania 2024-07-02 08:05:55  
Pantafernando said: »
Aside US and Japan, I dont remember any interesting game that made me feel like "oh, this is surely an european title, an south american title, an chinese title"

I've played fair share of European and Chinese titles, as well as many Korean titles, I think they are all interesting in their own way. I can certainly see cultural influences in those games.

Case to the point, Disco Elysium (again!), one of my favorite game of all time, is made in Estonia. Which is a country that was once under Soviet occupation. So the entire theme of that game is exploring political conflict between capitalism and communism etc. I believe only people who have experienced such history can write this kind of story.

Also everyone and their mother knows Witcher series. That's from Poland and the story is from a book. Honestly it is a country that feels like really into literature just by reading text in Witcher games.

As far as Chinese titles goes, it is separated into anime style(like Genshin impact) and Wuxia style (like Sword and Fairy or Gujian). Wuxia style is pretty unique and this genre only came from Chinese market. But even Chinese anime style games have large amount of Chinese philosophy insert into it. Everytime when I watch Mihoyo game story videos, I can't help but feel only Chinese would write that kind of story lol.

Most of Korean games that I've played are mmo or mobile games. They continued to make large amount of these in the past 2 decades so they are literally everywhere if you are into mobile or mmo. Though recently they are breaking into console industry with more console titles. I believe pretty soon you'll see more Korean console games in the western gaming articles.

Interesting enough, now that you brought it up, I realized I've never played South American, African nor middle eastern games. I wonder what's gaming industry scene looks like in those regions.....
By Afania 2024-07-02 08:24:43  
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1684350/The_Thaumaturge/

Here is another interesting game from Poland. A dark fantasy story driven adventure set in 20th-century Warsaw? You don't need to play it to know it is made in Poland. Such unique setting got my attention immediately. For the most part European games are very interesting imo.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-02 08:47:16  
Afania said: »
South American

I will advertise here when I create my own game, based only in things I like.

Im brainstorming those things, like battle mechanics and gear grinding like FFXI, base construction, open world, futuristic story with psychological elements, sexy girls with ponytails
[+]
By Afania 2024-07-02 09:03:12  
Actually, I think Momodora series is from Brazil. I've heard about it multiple times but never play it.

I think Ubisoft also has a studio in Brazil. I wonder what games came from that studio......
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-02 11:10:05  
Toilet paper variations should be illegal.

I dont want to pick between 30 rolls, 24 super rolls, 20 mega rolls, 16 mega super rolls, 12 mega xl rolls

Just make one *** size and vary the count, god damn
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-07-02 11:18:29  
1 roll = 17.3 rolls.
Bonus pack where 24 is now 30!!

The worst is in-store if something goes on sale, finding the right one because there will be 8 identical looking bundles and only 1 of them is the one on sale and it's like "Oh no, you meant to grab the 17 = 38 ultra Charmin value, but this is actually the 14 = 26 pack! womp womp"
[+]
By Josiahafk 2024-07-02 12:10:58  
Stinky-Butt said:
Good morning you who farm NNI. Also you who farm VW. And you, who just farm T3 in Esch Zitah.

In my time I used to farm Sagasingers.

Git gud
I still got a bunch of mules just sitting at VW spots to afk farm gil while I am at work if I ever log in again. good times.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-07-02 12:22:05  
Afania said: »
Disco Elysium
I was gonna mention Disco Elysium (as an example of an EU game)
But I knew Afania would pop to mention it in the next post anyways so I gave her the honor :)
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-02 16:50:28  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Toilet paper variations should be illegal.

I dont want to pick between 30 rolls, 24 super rolls, 20 mega rolls, 16 mega super rolls, 12 mega xl rolls

Just make one *** size and vary the count, god damn
I just order from costco. Almost always cheaper than the supermarket and it lasts quite some time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2024-07-02 19:54:42  

Stalker series, not sure where maybe Ukraine. Some early MMO like Ragnarok fro Korea. A bunch of cultivation and weird RPGs from China or Taiwan.

I remember Matchless Kung Fu something where you play as a character who builds the world and generate NPCs until he dies and reborn into the world you built with parents as one of those NPCs and acquire stuff you couldn't before (like secret family techniques require being born in the family).

There was also this weird boobs and butts action RPG where you play as one of the sexy girl you created as some sort of superhero in Saints Row 3 style late game beat them up. It was strange because it was mostly to sell various outfits for your heroines.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-02 20:44:56  
*** the frenzy forest, was a pain in the *** to find. Idk how I walked by it countless times.

Anyways, I whopped that boss in 2 tries. All thats left is Shadow of Erdtree main boss. Without going to the wiki, I'm pretty sure I've cleared everything else.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-07-02 22:04:05  
Been hard charging in FFXIV expansion. At least as hard as I care to go, since they gave us an uber dumb "lead" character that hogs 85% of screen time and lines.

Almost to the end. Couple dungeons and trials to go, I think.

Got a quest reward with Ra'kaznar Weapon Coffer and armor coffers...

Turns out the end of this XIV expansion is just Nu Sortie. OTL (Kidding, kidding... I hope)

Hoping to wrap it up tomorrow. Have a video interview at 3pm for a private insurance and consulting firm. Doubt I'll land the job, but if I do somehow it'll more than double my salary.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-07-02 22:22:25  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Have a video interview
U GOT DIS!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-02 23:22:34  
These episodes take 20 minutes to tell about 80 seconds of story.

If this whole 8 episode series was one 15~20 minute episode, It'd be not that bad.

The most wasted 180 million dollars evar.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-03 01:14:21  
Good morning you who buy 30 rolls of toilet paper. Good morning you who prefer the 12 mega xl pack.

Despite the size, remember that cleaning dont beat washing it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-03 01:15:17  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Have a video interview
U GOT DIS!

I'M NOT SO SURE OF DIS!
By Pantafernando 2024-07-03 01:16:54  
it'll more than double my salary.

Nice, I need more money now that brazillian coin is worth 1/6 of american dollar.

Grab the job and lent me some.

Does it also have commute?
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-07-03 06:40:48  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Idk how I walked by it countless times.
The Elden Ring Experience™

Still not done with the DLC and have done nothing of note aside from finding a few dungeons
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-07-03 07:12:55  
it'll more than double my salary.

Nice, I need more money now that brazillian coin is worth 1/6 of american dollar.

Grab the job and lent me some.

Does it also have commute?
Should just be around Chattanooga which is like... 10 minutes away. Google maps says it's 14 minutes away.
[+]
By Afania 2024-07-03 07:38:00  
Haven't practiced martial art for 20 years....decided to go back to dojo and pick it up again.

New 2024-2025 goal: get a black belt and become a real MNK. >.>
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-07-03 10:55:03  
Good luck being invited to parties
[+]
By Afania 2024-07-03 12:59:06  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Good luck being invited to parties

Well I've tried Kendo and Fencing before, but the equipments are costly and they are hard. So no SAM and RDM for me....

MNK for me it is ....
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-03 12:59:09  
Seems my kid realized I Elden ring at 11pm because now she wakes up and asks me are you winning Daddy?

She then chills and watches me for about an hour before nodding back off to sleep. Last night I did the St Trina quest where you gotta eat the flower 4 times and then you get a creepy message on the 4th death screen.

Im also at the tree you need to burn to start the last couple of fights but I wanna unlock my prime weapon more of the map/graces before I do that.
First Page 2 3 ... 22637 22638