Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 4294 4295 4296 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:03:51  
last semester i had intro to programming and this semester i have visual C++, visual basic, database concepts, operating systems concepts,and intro to computers(/wrist)

here's the programming major schedule layout for my associates im working on
computer programming
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-01-22 09:04:05  
Wow, I jinxed myself. I just logged into my school account to see if any syllabuses were up and it looks like one of my classes is a programming class in disguise. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:04:50  
ew vb >:
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:07:18  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Wow, I jinxed myself. I just logged into my school account to see if any syllabuses were up and it looks like one of my classes is a programming class in disguise. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
/point
/laugh

really though i'm loving my C++ classes so far (intro to programming was the first 8 chapters of the first C++ book we're using). last night i found out that i have 4 programming assignments per lesson instead of 2 and i was excited
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:09:39  
did you do a lot of programming in your free time before hand Iro?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:10:49  
i've played around with it since high school, but originally i was a music major at a 4 year university

...that didnt work out to well so programming was my backup plan
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2012-01-22 09:12:36  
Iro is a smartypants >.> lol
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:13:18  
Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »
Iro is a smartypants >.> lol
i get called some variation of that a lot =/
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:14:20  
btw i probably got you beat lolserj, not only am i taking 5 computer classes this semester, but every single one of them is an online class =X
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:14:32  
Im just wondering how C and Assembly will go D;
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:15:22  
Cerberus.Irohuro said: »
btw i probably got you beat lolserj, not only am i taking 5 computer classes this semester, but every single one of them is an online class =X

im taking CS III (C), Assembly, Discrete Math, Ethics of Computers (BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA), and Japanese II
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:15:28  
none online
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:15:53  
Carbuncle.Lolserj said: »

depends on your aptitude, c will be tolerable probably, and you'll be /wristing at assembly because its an old language
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:16:31  

im taking CS III (C), Assembly, Discrete Math, Ethics of Computers (BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA), and Japanese II

you win :<
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:16:38  

depends on your aptitude, c will be tolerable probably, and you'll be /wristing at assembly because its an old language

not because its old because it looks *** silly D:<
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:17:19  

have the same professor that i had for precalc

heard she is a major *** for discrete though
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:17:34  
bolded for emphasis
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:18:22  
it was created during the dinosaur age, lol, theres a reason the old languages are called assembly languages
 Shiva.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Shiva
user: Leonkasai
By Shiva.Leonkasai 2012-01-22 09:18:44  
something about making a working character select screen to post
Nuuu; what I meant was just the graphics. :x
If we have the graphics for the character select screen sorted, we could just post a pic of that for the roster, and I can make the portraits to add as I work on the sprites. :x

It's really awesome that you're working on the code for it though! Thanks! :D
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:19:00  

have the same professor that i had for precalc

heard she is a major *** for discrete though

i've heard horror stories about discrete math, bloody gory horror stories
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:20:00  
yeah, I think it depends on the student though

people have told me its hell and other people have told me its an easy A
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:20:05  
Shiva.Leonkasai said: »
If we have the graphics for the character select screen sorted, we could just post a pic of that for the roster, and I can make the portraits to add as I work on the sprites. :x

it'll be just a *very* simplistic placeholder until we can put some real code down. i mean, i coding it in BASIC XD
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-01-22 09:20:19  
/point
/laugh

really though i'm loving my C++ classes so far (intro to programming was the first 8 chapters of the first C++ book we're using). last night i found out that i have 4 programming assignments per lesson instead of 2 and i was excited

I think it comes down to the teacher for me. I hated my teacher for intro to programming. The first day of class he threw out the textbook and course material (was supposed to be a Java class) and he made the slides up himself DURING CLASS. He basically gave us wiki-style definitions of a few things in C and then had us write a program with it. It was frustrating enough for those of us with computer experience, but it was worse for the GMMD kids.

This programming class is going to be online with a teacher I know well though and looks like it won't be so bad. We are going to be using Visual C# and XNA neither of which I know anything about but we are going to be designing an xbox game from the looks of the forums he has set up.

By the way is your intro to computers class one of those lame how to use Word, Excel, web browsers etc classes?
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:21:58  
lillica are you a CS major >:/
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-01-22 09:22:28  

Yup.
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-22 09:24:11  

Yup.

another one >:|
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-01-22 09:26:06  
/point
/laugh

I think it comes down to the teacher for me. I hated my teacher for intro to programming. The first day of class he threw out the textbook and course material (was supposed to be a Java class) and he made the slides up himself DURING CLASS. He basically gave us wiki-style definitions of a few things in C and then had us write a program with it. It was frustrating enough for those of us with computer experience, but it was worse for the GMMD kids.

This programming class is going to be online with a teacher I know well though and looks like it won't be so bad. We are going to be using Visual C# and XNA neither of which I know anything about but we are going to be designing an xbox game from the looks of the forums he has set up.

By the way is your intro to computers class one of those lame how to use Word, Excel, web browsers etc classes?
oh dont worry about C#, expecially with XNA, C# is very similar in style to java with syntax like C++, its basically a mix of the two, and i hear wonderful things about XNA.

and yes, it is, we're doing all of microsoft office including access (which i'll be using in my database concepts class anyways) plus another book on computer fundamentals that i havent even looked at. what makes it great though is my section was picked to test a new teaching tool called SAM and all our office assignments are on it. I havent completely weighed in on it yet, but its pretty nifty
 Shiva.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Shiva
user: Leonkasai
By Shiva.Leonkasai 2012-01-22 09:26:50  
Shiva.Leonkasai said: »

it'll be just a *very* simplistic placeholder until we can put some real code down. i mean, i coding it in BASIC XD
But it's a start! With some actual progress being made, it might encourage other people to help. :p
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-01-22 09:27:55  
it was created during the dinosaur age, lol, theres a reason the old languages are called assembly languages
Clearly you have no concept of what assembly language is then...

Without assembly language you wouldn't have anything.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-01-22 09:29:43  

Yup.

another one >:|

It was the logical choice for me. I was an IT in the Navy for 5 years. Stupidly on my part though I didn't use my SMART transcripts from the military towards a 4 year degree which would have put me about halfway through the program. Instead I decided I wanted to take the easy route and signed up for the 2 year and have been taking classes that I technically already have credits for. It also allowed me to draw unemployment for the duration of the 2 year program thanks to the 599 program. Now that I am almost done I am wishing I was taking the 4 year program but only have 1 year left on my GI Bill ><

So I either need to settle for a 2 year degree and try and get a job with that plus navy experience or go for a third year and then get a job and try and wrap up year 4 with night classes. Either way I have to finally get a job after this semester ><
First Page 2 3 ... 4294 4295 4296 ... 22712 22713 22714