Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 6000 6001 6002 ... 22718 22719 22720
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-06-05 14:28:36  
You do not have ADD.
By Artemicion 2012-06-05 14:28:38  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Sometimes I worry that I have ADD(ADHD?) because I can't sit and read a book for more than 15 minutes without getting uncomfortable/antsy/bored and then doing something else. This includes homework based reading as well as reading for enjoyment, even books that I have loved in the end I couldn't read more than 15-30 minutes at a time.

On the other hand I can sit and play a videogame for 8 hours straight without so much as getting up to potty. Does anyone have any experience with the condition or anyone just have problems with reading?

I think it depends on the book and how well it holds my interest or mood at the time. Some books are actually fun and interesting to get into and are real page turners. Others, tend to get verbose and drag on needlessly like bad anime filler. If I find in my head i'm saying "ARGH GET ON WITH IT!" then it's very likely I'll put the book down for another day until I can begrudgingly drag through it into the better parts. Assuming it was something I wanted to read in the first place of course.

As far as video games go, I think we've been desensitized over the years, so it's easy to get sucked in and monotonously play video games. Even if they're really terrible or not fun to play. Depending on the game, I like to find appropriate stopping points for breaks or turning off the console. Unfortunately, this is not applicable to online play for obvious reasons.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-06-05 14:29:51  
I have problems with reading comprehension/dyslexia.. If I try to read any book, homework or otherwise, I'll have to re-read the same page 3-4 times before it finally clicks and the page is committed to memory and I can move on..

If I read a whole book without reading entire pages over, by the time I get to the end of the book, I won't have a *** clue what happened all throughout it.. Even if I say the words out loud and you can plainly see that I am reading it... Which means I don't enjoy reading because it takes me like 3-5x longer than it takes the average person..

But I can play games for hours and hours straight as well.. Actually, very often I have to force myself to stop playing games and go do other ***I need to get done like cleaning or sleeping.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-05 14:30:28  
Someone just pointed out to me that there is a chest option on the new version of the XIV character creator XD
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-06-05 14:31:37  
Asura.Ina said: »
Someone just pointed out to me that there is a chest option on the new version of the XIV character creator XD

So now we can give our mithras tig ol bitties or give our galkas six-packs?
By Artemicion 2012-06-05 14:33:19  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
I have problems with reading comprehension/dyslexia.. If I try to read any book, homework or otherwise, I'll have to re-read the same page 3-4 times before it finally clicks and the page is committed to memory and I can move on..

If I read a whole book without reading entire pages over, by the time I get to the end of the book, I won't have a *** clue what happened all throughout it.. Even if I say the words out loud and you can plainly see that I am reading it... Which means I don't enjoy reading because it takes me like 3-5x longer than it takes the average person..

But I can play games for hours and hours straight as well.. Actually, very often I have to force myself to stop playing games and go do other ***I need to get done like cleaning or sleeping.

It's funny you say that, because I have a similar issue with reading, but only in sentences or small paragraphs. I will read and comprehend everything okay, but depending on the rate or how I read it, it just processes in my head like "Blah blah blah blah", so I find myself re-reading the same sentence or paragraph several times til I can put it in tangible means in my head. Perhaps I'm simply not as sharp as I used to be :(
 Cerberus.Draupnir
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2012-06-05 14:34:52  
Hello RT :D
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-06-05 14:35:02  
The mind is a muscle after all...
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-06-05 14:37:05  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Makes me wonder about those sites like Lumosity, or games like Brain Age. Maybe a few exercises like that can help me keep on top of things better if I do it consistently. Prolonged periods of absence of critical thinking can really bog down your thought process sometimes.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-06-05 14:37:44  
You might wanna go get tested, well if it really matters to you anymore or you want treatment for it.. There are tricks you can do to help or cut out the dyslexia all together..

I was actually diagnosed with dyslexia (although I don't remember the whole name of exactly what it is I have, but I was in special classes in school because of it).

Otherwise I'm normal, even a bit above it in certain regards, like math.. "Simple math" I can do in my head, even with big numbers, and do it very quickly.
By volkom 2012-06-05 14:38:31  
Artemicion said: »

So now we can give our mithras tig ol bitties or give our galkas six-packs?

First I came up with this for galka six packs
but then I read the first part about the mithras... then thought of the galka six packs...
now i can't get the image out of my head of a galka
and now i think of this
>_>
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-06-05 14:39:35  
havent posted pic of my stuff for a while :P bonsai and tons of papaya my mom made me plant xD we didnt think anything would grow, silly us :P also need to weed the soil badly but meh :P
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-06-05 14:39:35  
2nd one seems legit.
By Artemicion 2012-06-05 14:40:01  
You might wanna go get tested, well if it really matters to you anymore or you want treatment for it.. There are tricks you can do to help or cut out the dyslexia all together..

I was actually diagnosed with dyslexia (although I don't remember the whole name of exactly what it is I have, but I was in special classes in school because of it).

From various sources, I have heard and read that those that are Dyslexic tend to be generally more intelligent than those who are not. Perhaps it's a serendipity of sorts, as a disorder could possibly make your brain work harder and therefore develop and comprehend better than others that don't have to put as much effort into their head.
 Bismarck.Highlordkitiara
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Highlordkitiara 2012-06-05 14:41:01  
Random thought... We rummage though the Beastmens pockets when we ko them, take their stuff, their gil.

When they ko us, they take a little xp and send us on our way.

o.o
By volkom 2012-06-05 14:42:14  
Bismarck.Highlordkitiara said: »
Random thought... We rummage though the Beastmens pockets when we ko them, take their stuff, their gil.

When they ko us, they take a little xp and send us on our way.

o.o
thats not all you take from beastmen when you kill them >_>
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-06-05 14:42:26  
somehow, this kinda makes me wanna try it out again
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-06-05 14:42:58  
Well I am very intelligent, have a good vocabulary and everything.. I just really can't read.

There's another part of it that don't make sense.. Unless it's something technical, I don't have to re-read people's posts to make sense of them, even if they are huge walls of text.. I can read it once and be done..

Yet the second it's something technical (battle strategies for example, or those threads where people start breaking out the equations) I'll struggle to grasp or understand it.
By Artemicion 2012-06-05 14:44:37  
Well I am very intelligent, have a good vocabulary and everything.. I just really can't read.

There's another part of it that don't make sense.. Unless it's something technical, I don't have to re-read people's posts to make sense of them, even if they are huge walls of text.. I can read it once and be done..

Yet the second it's something technical (battle strategies for example, or those threads where people start breaking out the equations) I'll struggle to grasp or understand it.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a caveman when it comes to formulas and derivatives.
That whole fSTR and modifier percentage thing only translates in my head as "STR GOOD!" for the most part xD
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-05 14:44:55  
Friendlist has become tiny!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-05 14:45:47  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
somehow, this kinda makes me wanna try it out again
SE knows... boobage sells. Just look at the clevage on those sucubus type mobs >.>
By Artemicion 2012-06-05 14:46:12  
Bleh, I need to shave. I'm annoyed at how quickly my beard grows out. If I let it go any longer I'll end up looking like Wolverine or Grizzly Adams; and it's only been 2 days ~_~
By volkom 2012-06-05 14:46:42  
Bleh, I need to shave. I'm annoyed at how quickly my beard grows out. If I let it go any longer I'll end up looking like Wolverine or Grizzly Adams; and it's only been 2 days ~_~
grow it out long and braid it.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-06-05 14:46:43  
That was pretty much my philosophy.. Just throw on all the +str gear I have when it's needed, or all the +attack gear I have when it's needed.. Etc...
By Artemicion 2012-06-05 14:47:58  
That was pretty much my philosophy.. Just throw on all the +str gear I have when it's needed, or all the +attack gear I have when it's needed.. Etc...

All I have to say is thank the gods we have Tigerwoods, Nightfyre, Prothescar and Auster to put complicated matters in layman's terms. All I really need or want to know is what gear is appropriate and when, more so than why.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-05 14:49:51  

All I have to say is thank the gods we have Tigerwoods, Nightfyre, Prothescar and Auster to put complicated matters in layman's terms. All I really need or want to know is what gear is appropriate and when, more so than why.
Yeh I just lurk what they say and gear myself as best I can accordingly
By Artemicion 2012-06-05 14:51:05  
volkom said: »
grow it out long and braid it.

If I was a bit more nordic perhaps. Then I can grow my hair out too and get my Amon Amarth hair spin on.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-06-05 14:52:48  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

You know, I think this is really more what it comes down to. I remember as a kid I used to read all the time, even when I had videogames available. I would read a book in a day where now it would take a month to get through.

It's like I let my brain get fat and out of shape and now it gets winded going up the stairs :(
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-06-05 14:53:40  
i remember i took a year break from school, going back was so hard lol so hard to learn when rusty :P
By Jetackuu 2012-06-05 14:54:50  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Sometimes I worry that I have ADD(ADHD?) because I can't sit and read a book for more than 15 minutes without getting uncomfortable/antsy/bored and then doing something else. This includes homework based reading as well as reading for enjoyment, even books that I have loved in the end I couldn't read more than 15-30 minutes at a time.

On the other hand I can sit and play a videogame for 8 hours straight without so much as getting up to potty. Does anyone have any experience with the condition or anyone just have problems with reading?

depends what I'm reading, and being bored =/= a mental disorder.
First Page 2 3 ... 6000 6001 6002 ... 22718 22719 22720