Salvage Gear Upgrade - What To Expect?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage gear upgrade - what to expect?
Salvage gear upgrade - what to expect?
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-02-12 07:11:00  
So appearently a form of upgrading for salvage gear is coming, altough it's still uncertain whether or not this will be done through magian trials or not (actually, I still don't know if I can 100% believe it will really come).
This might not be on the feb minipatch, but it will likely be on the march one.
What can we expect?

Thinking about the set I know better, Usukane, I think it's going to be hard for it to be better than the current options provided by the Empyreal Armor sets. What I can see coming is some interesting situational options, for WS for example, or for some particular sets.
We can't really expect a complete revamp of the stats, so what I consider realistic to expect is:

1) Stats empowerment - the current stats will be increased
2) New Stats - some new bonus could be added on items, no more than 1 new stat per piece
3) Reworking of set bonus - they might make so it works the way Campaign and Empyreal armor sets work, where the set activates with 2 pieces and gets stronger the more pieces you add.

So, looking at Usu, I see how the Body could be an awesome WS and maybe TPing piece, same for Feet and Legs. But some of the Job Specific bonuses on Empyreal Armor are so tough, it's gonna be a hard match for Usukane even with all the empowerment of the world, at least for TPing.

Opinions? What do you people expect?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-12 07:19:47  
So basically, what you're saying is upgrading current salvage gear might give it higher stats, new stats and/or enhanced set bonus.

Utter. Genius.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-02-12 07:24:09  
No, the point was rather that I don't really expect upgraded Salvage sets to be overall better than the current options offered by Empyreal Armor if not for specific uses, all of this despite of the possible upgrades.

Was kinda looking forward to see what are people expecting from these upgrades.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2011-02-12 07:24:22  
Ohhhhh so that is how upgrading works. Wow do I feel like an idiot.
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-02-12 07:31:49  
Boss kills, turning in 15.25.35 sets or alex is about the only way I see them doing trials for salvage armor. (If they keep the trials in salvage that is.)
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-02-12 07:35:44  
With 2 porters on each boss floor they could add an additional level or levels. Make the current boss a nonavoidable mini boss to reach the harder floors/boss. This would make time an issue again and give even more options for pathing.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-02-12 07:44:37  
That would be an interesting way to revamp Salvage, Taint. But I'm afraid that would require too much effort on their side, so I don't really see that coming =/
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-02-12 07:46:25  
Asura.Sechs said:
That would be an interesting way to revamp Salvage, Taint. But I'm afraid that would require too much effort on their side, so I don't really see that coming =/
Hey, they made Abyssea.
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2011-02-12 08:18:00  
Cerberus.Taint said:
With 2 porters on each boss floor they could add an additional level or levels. Make the current boss a nonavoidable mini boss to reach the harder floors/boss. This would make time an issue again and give even more options for pathing.

I see this as the most logical step forward. Don't yo get the "mission failed" whenever you warp up (out from boss)? Next floor = epic salvage battle.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [181 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Bubozk
user: Tandem
By Asura.Bubozk 2011-08-12 18:10:19  
Necro Bump

Personally, I expect Salvage upgrades to be:

1) Trial of the Magians - "Defeat Citadel Chelonian X amount of times" when upgrading the Usukane Haramaki.
2) Alexandrite Requirement - Similar to upgrading relic armor.
3) Synergy - Obtain an additional 35 to create tatters. Similar system to Tu'Lia sets at the moment.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-12 18:19:11  
Alexandrite requirement...hmmmm

That could backfire though Bubozk, and make them far more expensive than they are now.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-12 18:20:35  
PROCS IN SALVAGE!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-12 18:21:31  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
PROCS IN SALVAGE!
As silly as that is, if it would bring in almost double the alex you earn normally I would be all for another proc system
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-08-12 18:24:50  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
PROCS IN SALVAGE!
I can see it now, need to proc weakness to get cells to drop but you can't do WS or JA because you need cells.
[+]
 Asura.Bubozk
By Asura.Bubozk 2011-08-12 18:27:22  
I feel for people trying to upgrade a Mythic, I really do... But even if they spiked to what ancient currency is; shouldn't Relic weapons and Mythic weapons be almost on par to upgrade anyway? I know Mythics are less popular and sought after because of their aftermath functioning and dot and admittedly I don't know if a Relic takes 30k bills (more or less) to upgrade. I've never been bothered to research it because I've always thought it was a bit too much work for game items but props to those who have 'em.

Anyway, I saw a while back they're going to "revamp" Salvage zones. It was an official statement on a roadmap released within the last year or so but I can't be bothered to find a link at the moment. Hopefully they adjust the drop rate of alex to help out those going for a Mythic, and hopefully they DO NOT add stagger *** to this zone too. Enough already.

Edit: Unbelieveable. Ludoggy got to procs before I could finish the damn post lol
 Asura.Bubozk
By Asura.Bubozk 2011-08-12 18:32:56  
Siren.Kalilla said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
PROCS IN SALVAGE!
As silly as that is, if it would bring in almost double the alex you earn normally I would be all for another proc system

I'm all for trying to help out Mythic upgraders too, I recently posted on bazaar selling alex for 6k and stopped bazaaring them in-game. It was fine for a while but the same individuals kept checking me and I would find them reselling for the 8-12k price. I figured it was going to happen but after I used FFXIAH to post I have a list of buyers now that I just search after a run. Our group splits Alex to non-35 lotters that run and I sell my share of it for 6k to keep some sort of income and incentive for other members... /tangent

Yeah, so, I hope they do adjust alexandrites and I understand the mechanics are already in the game for a staggering system --- I guess I'd be fine with it if it was isolated to alexandrites only (well yeah 35 boost too would be nice) but if they mess with the entrance and make the zone accessable to anybody at the same time like they did Dynamis; I'm not really going to be happy about that.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-08-12 18:35:03  
Asura.Bubozk said:

Edit: Unblieveable. Ludoggy got to procs before I could finish the damn post lol
Well you made a post, I made a sentence.

I also think you should sell for more, can throw them in bazaar for 8-9k and the stuff sells before you come back with your sandwich.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [169 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Camosan
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2012-01-28 08:02:09  
Asura.Bubozk said: »
Necro Bump

Personally, I expect Salvage upgrades to be:

1) Trial of the Magians - "Defeat Citadel Chelonian X amount of times" when upgrading the Usukane Haramaki.

If they do this...Usukane Feet. Sup.
By Quiznor 2012-01-28 08:25:20  
Or they could add in new upgrade items to salvage,like they did for dyna
 Leviathan.Optimis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2012-01-28 08:40:59  
25,000 exp in SSR wile wearing (insert piece) >.< thier would be fights about who going dd among the 3 of us lol
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2012-01-28 09:01:08  
Quiznor said: »

^ that'd be cool but I really don't see them doing it; though possible none the less.
By Quiznor 2012-01-28 09:07:46  
Ragnarok.Akkarinn said: »

^ that'd be cool but I really don't see them doing it; though possible none the less.

Because we all foresaw them doing to dyna what they did.

They've already announced there will be a complete salvage overhaul further down the line anyways.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-01-28 09:48:46  
Should play guess the stat game, Im guessing if all the gear is augmented we're gonna expect to see maybe 18% movement on skadi feet, skadi legs more haste or something like 10str to be used for mercy stroke over tetuates. Skadi hands for unstacked exenterator will have more str/attk/agi added, body something along those lines too. Head possibly a TP piece.

Usu feet could get more stp or 2% haste, im sure aces was never really supposed to be best at 99, any gear like that that drops from an abys boss, tetuates/aces/ballerines im sure was never supposed to beat gear they have eventually lined up for 99 they're just extra drops to keep empy helpers happy. Im fairly confident if an augmented sky+1 piece is the best in its current slot now skadi wont beat it but will be situationally best at other times.

Ares legs maybe get some attack on them hopefully will beat tumblers for chant at times and be situationally useful vs heca+1 at others maybe. Usu pants 5 more attack or 3-4 str, unless they plan to totally flatten hachi pants in which case it could be more.

Be interesting if there was a choice of possible augments for 1 piece of gear and you had to decide which job you used most and which augment to choose, like ws dmmg% vs 2% haste on usu feet, or something where you must choose weather to improve sam tp build or ws build for other jobs.

I am assuming though that salvage upgrades will be an extension of the stats on the base piece, looking at denali+5 though this doesnt appear to be the case for revamped Nyzul where the base stats arent even on the +5 no mab on denali legs or -dt on hands etc.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2012-01-28 09:59:15  
Speculation is speculation.

I love how everyone tries to guess and guess at how SE will do updates and in the end we are all wrong. Just wait lol it will be here sooner or later.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-01-28 10:00:30  
"Speculation is speculation" No ***Einstein.

We arent necessarily all wrong, I guessed pretty much spot on the stats of most of the teal set in a thread long *** time ago. Besides its a bit of fun, and if you're thinking carefully about the pieces current stats and other gear options available atm isnt too hard to determine what the stats could be .
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2012-01-28 10:07:24  
Ehh whatever the trials are i look forward to the upgrade. Still no gear to date that looks better then any of the salvage sets.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2012-01-29 04:09:44  
Ragnarok.Akkarinn said: »

Because we all foresaw them doing to dyna what they did.

They've already announced there will be a complete salvage overhaul further down the line anyways.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-01-29 04:40:59  
Well if SE does salvage upgrade like they did relic +2, ill be a happy camper, Ares's Curiass will be the first on my list to take to 99 hehe, then the rest of the peices.