Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIVPro.com » Suggestions » Changes to screenshot ratings
Changes to screenshot ratings
First Page 2
By KiranRedtail 2011-02-19 22:42:59  
Needs to be a better system for rating screenshots, or remove it altogether. Was browsing through some of them tonight and it seems someone has already gone through and rated every new screenshot as a 1. Maybe switch to a thumbs up/down system with a visible log of who votes what.
[+]
By Dubont 2011-02-19 23:18:12  
This same system has worked for years. People rate this down just because they have nothing better to do. If it makes your butt hurt that bad, don't post screenshots and your problems will be solved.
By Suterusu 2011-02-19 23:34:24  
It was me marking them all 1 cause they either suck or it's the same SS people posted 42 times (Ishgard) OR it's a +2 dodore doublet. Either way you can post a pic and disable comments and rating.

I'm still gonna rate them all 1 (and very very very rarely a 10).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Laughlyn 2011-02-20 02:23:14  
Aye, not a single onlingame out there with no complete asswipes in it.

Anywayz, maybe one idea is to limit the maximum allowed votes to 3-5 /day. (to keep those hate-raters away, and maybe they can focus on something more useful in life)
[+]
By Usun 2011-02-20 04:24:50  
Laughlyn said:
Aye, not a single onlingame out there with no complete asswipes in it.

Anywayz, maybe one idea is to limit the maximum allowed votes to 3-5 /day. (to keep those hate-raters away, and maybe they can focus on something more useful in life)

Thumbs up, lol.
[+]
By KiranRedtail 2011-02-20 08:20:10  
Youtube has a lot more asswipes than this site ever will, but then they don't have people rating videos from 1 to 10 ... wonder why that is?
[+]
By Yves 2011-02-20 10:05:16  
Q: What's the difference between whackin' off and playing FFXI?

A: You can whack off without a main heal.

To the OP, no - 2/3 of these screenshots deserve a one rating.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-02-20 10:06:16  
KiranRedtail said:
Youtube has a lot more asswipes than this site ever will, but then they don't have people rating videos from 1 to 10 ... wonder why that is?

You're right, they have a rating of 1 (Thumbs down/Dislike) or 10 (Thumbs up/Like).

You really can't be so offended about people rating screenshots 1, especially if they don't like it. Can you?

Would it be better if everyone rated every screenshot a 8~10? Keep all the numbers nice and high?

Don't get me wrong though, I understand personal accomplishment and such, but (taking an example from not that long ago), seeing 40 screenshots of 4k+ Quadratic Continuum. Yes, it's a pretty number. Yes, at first it was nice to see a couple of times. Seeing every other screenshot as that isn't fun.

Not everyone wants to see your own personal achievements (again, they're great, but they're personal).

Similarly, look at all the amazing art that gets submitted, some people rate those a "1". Personally, I think they're unbelievable and I envy the people that create them. Still, someone else doesn't seem to like them at all.

Wall-of-Text aside, I personally don't bother rating screenshots I don't like (that way, the score's even lower in most cases), but when I do it's usually 1-5-9/10, I rarely score anything aside from those numbers.

EDIT: Totally didn't notice this was XIV talk >_> wondered why it wasn't showing up on XIAH's main page XD Point still stands though! =P <3
[+]
By Dubont 2011-02-20 10:06:58  
KiranRedtail said:
Uh...they used to have star ratings. They took those away not too long ago because of ratebots.
[+]
By Yves 2011-02-20 10:24:23  
/em waits for the conversation to devolve into "game needs an AH argument"...

You know you want to, Dubont search your feelings...
 Midgardsormr.Fireheart
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Fireheart 2011-02-20 11:22:32  
Or we could go the civil route and rate screenshots of possible places to put Auction Houses in the game to hold a slight relation to the OP (granted, we would have to give them a rating of 1).
By KiranRedtail 2011-02-20 13:11:48  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Not everyone wants to see your own personal achievements (again, they're great, but they're personal).

A lot of you seem to be confused. I'm not talking about my own screenshots, because personally I couldn't give a ***.

I'm suggesting that the feature is useless, and could be improved up (hence the post in the Suggestions forum ...).

If the feature is stupid and pointless, then pull it.

There's a lot of useful information on this site, in the character/linkshell browsers and even the item database. The forums are pretty trash, but that's not something you can programatically improve upon.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-02-20 13:15:26  
KiranRedtail said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:

A lot of you seem to be confused. I'm not talking about my own screenshots, because personally I couldn't give a ***.

I'm suggesting that the feature is useless, and could be improved up (hence the post in the Suggestions forum ...).

If the feature is stupid and pointless, then pull it.

There's a lot of useful information on this site, in the character/linkshell browsers and even the item database. The forums are pretty trash, but that's not something you can programatically improve upon.

You appear to have misinterpreted my use of the word "your", it was meant in a general sense.
[+]
By Yves 2011-02-20 14:52:22  
I rate ur face a 1. Boosh!
By hyuran 2011-02-20 17:48:41  
your a boosh
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Keyblademaster 2011-02-20 18:29:32  
your mom got booshed
By Yves 2011-02-20 18:44:44  
youre a mom.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-20 20:59:21  
As Hitetsu said, you could change the 1-10 rating to a thumbs up thumbs down system, in which case you're just removing the 2-9 options, or you could remove it altogether (which people already have an option to do). Aside from that, what exactly do you propose can be done about it?

You can't stop people from hating on ***screenshots, and you can't stop idiots from being idiots on good screenshots. Don't get me wrong, I despise the random rate-downs, just look at my FFXIV screenshots, I travelled to the most out of the way place and waited for hours for weather to change to take some amazing panoramas. For days they all sat at perfect 10's because I actually went to the effort to make some really good screenshots, and then the rate-down parade swept through town and every single one of them disappeared off the highest rated list. </nerdrage>

My point is though, if you don't like the screenshot rating system, what do you propose be done to change it? Idiots are what's at fault here, not the system.
By Suterusu 2011-02-20 21:44:25  
Yo I rate the pics I don't like (most of them, Ishgard#468, Mor Dhona, etc.) as a 1 and the ones I like as a 10. It's like thumbs up thumbs down IMO.
By KiranRedtail 2011-02-20 22:42:21  
Odin.Blazza said:
My point is though, if you don't like the screenshot rating system, what do you propose be done to change it? Idiots are what's at fault here, not the system.

There's a *lot* of research done on rating systems available on the web, sites like Amazon and Youtube for example take it pretty seriously. A former co-worker of mine was into it pretty heavily, though I didn't quite follow it. I do understand that taking a 1-10 and doing a straight average is pretty frowned upon however.

Here's some interesting reading: http://www.lifewithalacrity.com/2006/08/using_5star_rat.html

You *can* design systems to minimize the impact of idiots.
By Spencyono 2011-02-20 22:44:49  
KiranRedtail said:

I'm confused... 1 to 5 is better than 1 to 10?

Edit - Oh, they got rid of it.
By Yves 2011-02-20 22:47:29  
Spencyono said:
KiranRedtail said:

I'm confused... 1 to 5 is better than 1 to 10?

Edit - Oh, they got rid of it.

"NO NO NO NO! Not 'Five Minute Abs' - 'SIX Minute Abs!'"

Sorry - just reminded me of that.
By jdcho99 2011-02-20 22:59:10  

"the key is 6minutes! u cant even get your heart rate up with 5!" twitch twitch*
By Laughlyn 2011-02-21 12:50:12  
Suterusu said:
Yo I rate the pics I don't like (most of them, Ishgard#468, Mor Dhona, etc.) as a 1 and the ones I like as a 10. It's like thumbs up thumbs down IMO.

Sux to have no taste dosent it... asswipe lol
[+]
By Totobi 2011-02-23 07:34:00  
Suterusu said:
It was me marking them all 1 cause they either suck or it's the same SS people posted 42 times (Ishgard) OR it's a +2 dodore doublet. Either way you can post a pic and disable comments and rating.

I'm still gonna rate them all 1 (and very very very rarely a 10).

Wow, pretty sad xD Just looked at some of your screenshots, they're no 10's either.
By jdcho99 2011-02-23 07:55:01  
Totobi said:
Suterusu said:
It was me marking them all 1 cause they either suck or it's the same SS people posted 42 times (Ishgard) OR it's a +2 dodore doublet. Either way you can post a pic and disable comments and rating. I'm still gonna rate them all 1 (and very very very rarely a 10).
Wow, pretty sad xD Just looked at some of your screenshots, they're no 10's either.

because i rate all his down at 1s XD
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2011-02-23 12:25:11  
I'd like to address this. I did some data analysis and found some users with multiple accounts abusing the system. For example, the top 3 people who rated a 1 are actually the same IP. I have also thought about a like or dislike vote and do a 0-100 score like rotten tomatoes. I will need to add a access control for the rating system since some users abuse it. These things do take time to implement and aren't very high priority but I am letting you know I am fully aware of the problem. This goes for FFXIAH and comment ratings as well.
[+]
By Laughlyn 2011-02-23 12:49:40  
Hooray! ( ^.^)b
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2011-02-23 13:10:19  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
I'd like to address this. I did some data analysis and found some users with multiple accounts abusing the system. For example, the top 3 people who rated a 1 are actually the same IP.
just... wow. lol

I think the "Like" or "Dislike" system, like youtube has, will work best. The current rating system asks for a more honest opinion and people are just too lazy to provide it.

I don't think 1-100 would be any better. It seems like just putting more glaze on the current 1-10. People won't care for the numbers in-between.
First Page 2