Monk's Proc'ing RED!!!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Monk's Proc'ing RED!!!
Monk's Proc'ing RED!!!
First Page 2
 Sylph.Keion
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: bassplay
By Sylph.Keion 2011-02-22 14:21:38  
95% of the time I just read the forums. Most of the time because what I have to say someone else has stated before I have the chance or has stated it better than me. I however haven't seen anything regarding Monks being able to proc red. I more than often have red that people have fought the same NM over and over because they can't get the red proc. Since I've been proc'n red and getting funny comments from outsiders and haven't seen anyone else do it, I figured I would share with my fellow monk. I have proc'ed with all the following:
club and staff - Ya we all know these ones
sword - /war equip - Trainee Sword
dagger - /nin equip - Trainee's Needle and/or Trainee Knife
polearm - /war equip - Pitchfork/+1
now if I could get an equip able gsword and scythe :)
And yes many of the Blues can be proc'ed the same way, but the amount of ws just takes too long to be reasonable. Acc gear and if you can get the skill neck pieces will help here unless you use a TP atma, which I don't find necessary.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-22 14:27:50  
ok.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 14:28:12  
With gear and merits think you can get blade Ei too. War/nin can do all but jinpu I think.

But yeah kinda regretting not getting pitchfork since I'm rocking rdm/war now for solo procing

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-22 15:00:36  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
With gear and merits think you can get blade Ei too. War/nin can do all but jinpu I think.

there isn't an all jobs katana <call4>

by 99 war/sam will be able to do 12 of 13 with 8/8 gk merits and bushi/kengo, only missing ei (due to the lack of a weapon), but i'm sure it'll all be irrelevant by that level anyways since se likes to outdate everything every second month now basically
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-22 15:01:31  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
yeah kinda regretting not getting pitchfork

I saw a ninja do raiden thrust in my log the other day and it took me a minute to do the mental math to figure out how. I raged at having thrown it out instead of NPC storing it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-22 15:01:54  
Quote:

[+]
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2011-02-22 15:02:10  
Trainee Burin is all jobs.
 Asura.Alymorel
サーバ: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-02-22 15:02:31  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:

What about that Goldsmithing katana? That's all jobs AND lvl 1.

Edit: damn, you all beat me to it. ; ;
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-22 15:05:24  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

WHEN THE ***

getting that RIGHT NOW

edit: blade ei is 175 combat skill, aka you'd need 8/8 katana and hope/kanja

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 15:05:45  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

But yeah kinda regretting not getting pitchfork since I'm rocking rdm/war now for solo procing
nah with everything imaginable you'd be 12 Katana* lvls away from Blade Ei still even at monk99/nin49
Blade: ei is 175. 150 base skill +16 from merits + 5 from hope torque +5 from Kanja Hachimaki = 176. But yeah not till lvl 99. NOt sure where you got 12 from. Even at 90 it's only 11 away
 Cerberus.Quintow
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2011-02-22 15:08:10  
Gonna grab the pitchfork fo sho this year. Sucks gotta wait til fall....and good to know about the sword at least. Mnk/war will have 3/9 category procs now yipyip. Hardly ever sub-nin so doubt ill get dagger but still good to know.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 15:08:27  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
by 99 war/sam will be able to do 12 of 13 with 8/8 gk merits and bushi/kengo, only missing ei (due to the lack of a weapon), but i'm sure it'll all be irrelevant by that level anyways since se likes to outdate everything every second month now basically
You really missing ei due to having 0 kat skill lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 15:09:03  
Cerberus.Quintow said:
Gonna grab the pitchfork fo sho this year. Sucks gotta wait til fall.....
Assuming they even do it... don't think they did last year
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-22 15:11:00  
sam should have katana skill just like to nin has gk skill, but oh well =(
 Cerberus.Quintow
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2011-02-22 15:11:22  
I honestly cant remember if they had it, wasnt rly playing xi at the time. Theres a 2010 harvest festival guide on wiki tho. Altho i think most was copy/paste from year before. They better have it <.>
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 15:12:20  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
With gear and merits think you can get blade Ei too. War/nin can do all but jinpu I think. But yeah kinda regretting not getting pitchfork since I'm rocking rdm/war now for solo procing
nah with everything imaginable you'd be 12 Katana* lvls away from Blade Ei still even at monk99/nin49
Blade: ei is 175. 150 base skill +16 from merits + 5 from hope torque +5 from Kanja Hachimaki = 176. But yeah not till lvl 99. NOt sure where you got 12 from. Even at 90 it's only 11 away
The only way that would work is if someone decided to lvl nin to 74+, which the OP hadn't done
If by 74+ you mean lvl 49+ then yes.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 15:15:13  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
With gear and merits think you can get blade Ei too. War/nin can do all but jinpu I think. But yeah kinda regretting not getting pitchfork since I'm rocking rdm/war now for solo procing
The only way that would work is if someone decided to lvl nin to 74+, which the OP hadn't done
If by 74+ you mean lvl 49+ then yes
no, I mean "you must be 74+ to merit Katanas" unless they gave monk native katana skill or something recently
Oh that little thing... then you really mean 75+. And meh abyssea burn baby. Besides this isn't about what the OP can do but what is possible. OP also doesn't have a 99 war...

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Keion
By Sylph.Keion 2011-02-22 20:03:16  
Ya I have all the all job katans gkatans but can't get the ws so I didn't post about then. There is also a gaxe I like to wear for the WTF looks lol. Can proc some blues but if I need blue I just go during blunt
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2011-02-22 20:06:09  
hey guys quick question:
can tobi +2 do same ws damage as Kannagi?
 Asura.Dajociont
サーバ: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-02-22 20:19:36  
monk's <- why the apostrophe?

proc'ing <- ^
[+]
 Siren.Firewall
サーバ: Siren
user: Firewall
By Siren.Firewall 2011-02-22 21:10:42  
Asura.Dajociont said:
monk's <- why the apostrophe?

proc'ing <- ^

I can't answer the first one, but for the second one "Proc" is short for process. The apostrophe simply replaces "ess".
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 07:16:30  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Oh that little thing... then you really mean 75+. And meh abyssea burn baby. Besides this isn't about what the OP can do but what is possible. OP also doesn't have a 99 war...
Yeah in theory monk could do blade Ei at 99 if they lvled nin above 74. But any job could including ones with more red procs in the first place, if we talking "what's possible"
Yes but war can regardless of sub can do everything but gkt and kat
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-23 07:21:32  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah in theory monk could do blade Ei at 99 if they lvled nin above 74. But any job could including ones with more red procs in the first place, if we talking "what's possible"
Dagger says hai
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 07:25:12  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Dagger says hai
er ok that too. What I mean is war/nin could do all but jinpu because they have skill and can equip a weapon in almost every weapon type. Some other random job/nin can't. And nin/war could only do 11/13
 Sylph.Keion
By Sylph.Keion 2011-02-23 10:45:02  
and this isn't the WAR forum...
First Page 2