DNC Decent Tank?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC decent tank?
DNC decent tank?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-23 19:13:41  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Do yourself a favor, stop using Joyeuse. Please.

Just refer them to the Spicyryan Joyeuse DD guide!

It is an excellent guide! :D

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 19:14:28  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Do yourself a favor, stop using Joyeuse. Please.
Just refer them to the Spicyryan Joyeuse DD guide!
Cors shouldn't use it either. Well actually no one should anymore.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 19:14:45  
oh man, i dont think my day can get any better
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 19:16:44  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Drg/sam for 50% haste solo thanks to Hasso :)
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 19:17:33  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Drg/sam for 50% haste solo thanks to hasso Hasso :)
Cocoooooooooooon

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 19:27:39  
Meh cors should be shooting. faster tp anyways. They only use joy toy to be cheap. Plus another 15% ws dmg and QD for staff.

Meh I got magain for blu so already have it. And for rdm it's like 10% faster tp gain. So nice. But really I'd just offhand twilight

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 19:31:43  
Cheapskate cors!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-23 19:34:14  
I think awesome NINs are better tanks on average than awesome Dancers. Furthermore, there's only one fight I can think of that Dancer is better equipped to tank than Ninja, Emperador de Altepa lowman. If you want to claim Dancer is a better tank, you need to invoke DD reasons.

You can start off by assuming NIN is subbing Dancer, because it simplifies the comparison (gives many of the same JAs, gives NIN more evasion, etc) and they wouldn't sub anything else unless it was even better for tanking.

Ninja - More evasion and Attack than Dancer, feeds less TP thanks to the Inhibit TP Ninjutsu, has Migawari, has an easy and powerful PDT set if required. Has Blade: Hi.
Dancer - Has access to Fan Dance, Has access to Saber Dance, has 5% more Haste with their Haste Samba. Probably has more Accuracy than Ninja. Has Rudra's Storm.

In a Tanking situation (not a solo situation or a "I'm duoing with my Black mage mule" situation), any amount of damage doesn't matter unless it kills you, because your white mage is sitting there with their finger on the Cure 5/6 button. This means that Fan Dance is essentially a one-shot prevention mechanism that only works for physical moves. Because Ninja also gets a one-shot prevention mechanism (Migawari), this means that Fan Dance is really only superior if you expect the one-shot move to be spammed (Ex. Emperador).

Dancer may be a better DD if you just have Haste and can ride Saber Dance. Blade: Hi is a relatively large obstacle to overcome though.

Dancer's main advantage isn't very intuitive. Because of the way hate works, the person who caps hate most recently ends up tanking. For instance, if your Black Mage nukes for 6000 damage and you already have capped VE and CE, re-capping your hate with a single attack round will pull hate back off the Black Mage. Dancer has more frequent Attack rounds than Ninja (lower delay weapons), so they are slightly better at holding hate once they've capped it. If you have a Dancer and a Ninja tanking a monster, after they cap hate the monster will probably spend more time swinging at the Dancer, etc.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 19:47:53  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I think awesome NINs are better tanks on average than awesome Dancers. Furthermore, there's only one fight I can think of that Dancer is better equipped to tank than Ninja, Emperador de Altepa lowman. If you want to claim Dancer is a better tank, you need to invoke DD reasons.

You can start off by assuming NIN is subbing Dancer, because it simplifies the comparison (gives many of the same JAs, gives NIN more evasion, etc) and they wouldn't sub anything else unless it was even better for tanking.

Ninja - More evasion and Attack than Dancer, feeds less TP thanks to the Inhibit TP Ninjutsu, has Migawari, has an easy and powerful PDT set if required. Has Blade: Hi.
Dancer - Has access to Fan Dance, Has access to Saber Dance, has 5% more Haste with their Haste Samba. Probably has more Accuracy than Ninja. Has Rudra's Storm.

In a Tanking situation (not a solo situation or a "I'm duoing with my Black mage mule" situation), any amount of damage doesn't matter unless it kills you, because your white mage is sitting there with their finger on the Cure 5/6 button. This means that Fan Dance is essentially a one-shot prevention mechanism that only works for physical moves. Because Ninja also gets a one-shot prevention mechanism (Migawari), this means that Fan Dance is really only superior if you expect the one-shot move to be spammed (Ex. Emperador).

Dancer may be a better DD if you just have Haste and can ride Saber Dance. Blade: Hi is a relatively large obstacle to overcome though.

Dancer's main advantage isn't very intuitive. Because of the way hate works, the person who caps hate most recently ends up tanking. For instance, if your Black Mage nukes for 6000 damage and you already have capped VE and CE, re-capping your hate with a single attack round will pull hate back off the Black Mage. Dancer has more frequent Attack rounds than Ninja (lower delay weapons), so they are slightly better at holding hate once they've capped it. If you have a Dancer and a Ninja tanking a monster, after they cap hate the monster will probably spend more time swinging at the Dancer, etc.
i've always enjoyed enjoyed playing battle tops with our ls leader (nin)

also uh.... subbing dnc for nin.... isnt that a hit to the nin's DoT?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 19:50:42  
But /dnc can haste samba!!!!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-23 19:52:59  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
o........ why doesnt /nin give yonin/innin again?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-23 19:55:41  
NIN's frequent preference for /WAR instead of /DNC only reinforces his point: DNC's delay/round is lower than NIN's and thus the NM will generally attack the DNC since they're more likely to get the last hit in before the mob's next attack round (thus having higher VE). It's the same reason I tend to end up tanking instead of our MNK: his DPS is at least as good as mine but I swing faster.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 19:57:41  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
o........ why doesnt /nin give yonin/innin again?
Innin happens to increase all magic dmg...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 19:58:16  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cheapskate cors!
Eviseration spam is just as good.
Keep telling yourself that.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 20:02:59  
Because once you cap hate which is easy to do it's about who swung last... and joy toy is seriously hurting you there.

Double attack caps at 50%

Plus saber dance + joytoy is kinda stupid.

Oh and once again accomplice/Collaborator. Good luck keeping hate when I am probably outdpsing you since I have just as much has clearly better weapon selection and am stealing your hate all the time.

Also saber dances effectiveness is severly diminished now. Since most people are rocking triple attack atmas and such.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-23 20:04:08  
Why was the NIN voking again?

I'd also ask why it took you 5 minutes to cap hate but I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that one.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 20:06:44  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'd also ask why it took you 5 minutes to cap hate but I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that one.
Joyeuse ;)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-23 20:06:53  
ronson shut up please <call>
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
サーバ: Carbuncle