Get your Drg outa the DRK forums you freak!!!! D:
UGH Irony alert, my bad!

My DRG sucks though ;)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-05 12:20:35  
Capped haste 5hit OaT polearm is where it's at. And yeah, SE did nerf DRK's Abs-TP and then make the hands return it to where it was (ie not worth casting most of the time).

And yes Gradd you should come back :( we all know DRK will be top DD after this update coming!! This DRK update is so secret that not even the servers will know about it though.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-05 12:21:56  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

And yes Gradd you should come back :( we all know DRK will be top DD after this update coming!! This DRK update is so secret that not even the servers will know about it though.
Don't make a promise to a girl if you can't keep it! Goddamnit!!
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-05 12:25:36  
Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Don't make a promise to a girl if you can't keep it! Goddamnit!!
You wont know if he hasn't kept it though...
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-03-05 12:33:41  
I see your point, it probably isn't the best way to phrase it as that is indeed one of the most powerful weapon + job combo inside/outside abyssea. However, I believe my DRK won't have too much problem keeping up with my DRG outside abyssea, if anything, it will likely fall short but not overwhelmingly.

But inside abyssea it wouldn't even be close, which is kinda what I was talking about. Inside abyssea, other primary DD jobs are leaps and bounds better than DRK aside from SAM (you can argue that inside abyssea, Masa SAM will always have a higher hit build than a Cala DRK while having an equally strong WS thanks to the STR boost and atmas that are in favor of Fudo more so than Torcleaver, and therefore, it is a stronger DD job than DRK too), when I know I can at least be close to them outside. Such is ok if abyssea isn't 90% of the game content now a day, but that's not the case.

I think simply shifting the game from abyssea to outside content again will fix the DRK job by a mile, turning it from not comparable to slight disadvantage. With a decent damage dealing JA, which I expect SE will give to advance jobs at 95 (note that the none advance jobs such as mnk and war got their good JA at 90, but all advance DD jobs got circle II JA, I expect that to come around at lvl 95), it should bring us back to where we started at lvl 75, which is equal footing.

I can accept the fact that DRK will never be as good as other DDs inside abyssea as long as that's not the end of FFXI. Sick to my stomach to see those BS WS damage as the result of 95% critical hit rate. I want to see them do that outside.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-03-05 13:21:24  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Almace blu is clearly where it's at... does torcleaver really only do 2-3k? Cause I'm pretty sure lolvorpal blade does better than that in abyssea

Yes, but the thing is that it also does 2-3k outside abyssea while the powerhouse victory smithing, blade hi, ukko's, drakesbane, all take a huge hit in damage outside. Torcleaver is one of the most powerful WSs outside abyssea.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-05 13:28:27  
Ragnarok.Returner said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Almace blu is clearly where it's at... does torcleaver really only do 2-3k? Cause I'm pretty sure lolvorpal blade does better than that in abyssea
Yes, but the thing is that it also does 2-3k outside abyssea while the powerhouse victory smithing, blade hi, ukko's, drakesbane, all take a huge hit in damage outside. Torcleaver is one of the most powerful WSs outside abyssea.
True they take a hit... they go down to 2-3k lol. Hell I've done 2k CDCs on rdm outside of abyssea and I don't have real ws set for rdm
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-05 13:29:10  
Drakesbane/Smite don't take a huge hit. Hi does though.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-05 13:41:09  
Ukko's shoudn't take much of a hit either.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-03-05 13:48:36  
I think over 100 str in mod (most drg use VV), and about 35% critical hit rate (RR and dDex), and 30% critical hit damage is a pretty huge hit on drakesbane. And you take out the likelyhood of 15% triple attack from Apoc, 10% DA from VV, you are talking about a substantial amount of damage.

Smite damage is probably going to stay closer but no where close to the 3-6k inside abyssea, outside it is about 2-3k, yes it is still good, but a good 1-2k difference should be a big hit. Not to mention atma etc etc.

Torcleaver has a huge ftp to begin with, so it doesn't get boosted much from DA or TA. And most commonly used atma don't add any vit mode to it, making it essentially the same inside outside of abyssea. Possibly 10-15% more damage inside if even that.

For any critical WS, you are really talking about at least a 30% critical hit rate and critical hit damage drop. Combine both you are down at the very least 50% damage. Ukko benefit big time inside abyssea. However, it is still a powerful WS ouside, just nowhere near as broken as inside.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-05 13:52:16  
You do realize that victory smite overall has a higher ftp than torcleaver and drakesbane is only a little lower right? So using ftp as a reason it wont take as much of a hit from lack of DA/TA works for all 3.

And while most drks might not use many atmas to boost torcleaver itself they certain get a bit from auto capped fstr and extra vit from cruor buffs and abnormally high att which benefits non crit hits more than crit ones
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-03-05 13:59:37  
You have it right, but that's exactly my point. If torcleaver had a 3.0 ftp instead of 4.75 ftp, it would have received a huge benefit from DA and TA inside abyssea, and ppl could argue that it would lose that outside abyssea and thus taking a "big hit". But the fact that it has a high ftp makes DA/TA a small difference inside/outside abyssea. Do you see where I am going with that?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-05 14:01:46  
True but TA can actually proc twice on torcleave and not the others... everything is taking a decent hit.

That reminds me I should set a triple attack atma to see what I can really get CDC up to
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-03-05 17:02:16  
torcleaver is fun with sneak attack :D
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 17:22:26  
Must... hold it... be strong.. I'm a proud DRK..

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

***, I lost it.
[+]