Anyone Doing Anything Outside Of Abyssea?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » Anyone doing anything outside of Abyssea?
Anyone doing anything outside of Abyssea?
 Siren.Fanugu
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Fanugu 2011-03-07 14:16:36  
Hey Siren, this is my first post on this site, and I was just wondering if anyone out there is interested in doing (as a static?) some non-Abyssea events such as Nyzul Isle, Salvage, Moblin Mazemongers, finishing up mission sets (I've been on last two missions for CoP/RoZ for 3 yrs lol), BC fights (ENM, KS99, ISNM, ANNM, etc.)

I've tried to shout here and there, but seems like everyone is just completely enamored with Abyssea atm... and I detest shouting in PJ for hrs on end like a noob so just thought I'd hit up the forums.

I've got COR and RDM at 90 and have LS events ~6-7 until ~10 PM CST Mondy thru Friday.
 Siren.Delirium
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2011-03-07 17:42:33  
i'm waiting for my paycheck so i can play LOL so i'm doing A LOT outside abyssea
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-07 17:47:28  
If you don't find many people replying here...
You CAN always hold out just a little longer till the merge.

Might be a good chunk of people coming over from Diabolos who may need these as well. Could make shouting a little easier.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-03-07 17:54:19  
I know on Caitsith, last night a good chunk of us on LS, were out Skilling our jobs up in Grauberg S, so I would assume that would save on our stones for Abyssea, and even after we disbanded, I had another ls mate after he got home from work, and I told him to come out to Grauberg S, to skill. Needless to say he was 48 Rdm, I said ahh come out anyways skill you blm, whm and Red skills, and what a surprise, he actually came close to capping his spells , at his level, while partying with me, and I was the one killing the Dinos...(Wivres).

Edit: need Lizard final weapons skill kills to finish my Machaera +2

(last Ws trial weps)
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-07 18:00:23  
I do alot outside of Abbysea. I run a dyna shell that runs twice a week. I also like to farm in the adamking's hang out, and lately, been visiting old haunts like King ramp's tomb and sea.
 Siren.Fanugu
By Siren.Fanugu 2011-03-07 18:05:52  
Lol to Delirium... yeah RL is INDEED outside Abyssea... starting school again, looking for work... and trying to make it all fit to my ffxi schedule... /roll-eyes... guess I have my priorities backwards...

No I just find myself getting tired of the red skies of Abyssea... and trying to work on finishing these missions lol... I'm a completionist... every final fantasy I've ever played I had to get every enemy-skill/materia/ultimate weapon/cut-scene/mini-quests.. you get the picture done, and while I realize that its virtually impossible to do on FFXI (I mean seriously..) it still bothers me that I haven't finished a single mission set lol..

Bastok 9-1, Windy 9-1, half way thru Sandy missions, final cop/roz missions etc... I always did enough to get access to sea/sky/salvage etc and that's about as far as I get lol.

But yeah, hopefully Diabolos will bring some fresh talent. My biggest fear is the LAG... But hopefully with SE down-sizing the number of servers they need to maintain, they can improve the lag problems as well... And maybe I'll stop seeing my moogle show up in the middle of Port Jeuno.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-03-07 18:09:24  
Siren.Fanugu said:
maybe I'll stop seeing my moogle show up in the middle of Port Jeuno.

Has happened to me a few times in Upper jeuno, I make to where the ppl are selling their goods, and moogle is still half way out there, and I can still trade him stuffs..
 Siren.Fanugu
By Siren.Fanugu 2011-03-07 18:16:03  
BTW - I was a little apprehensive about posting lol... Thought I'd possibly get flamed for being lazy or a noob or a whiner etc... I know that its my own damn fault for being on Earth server doing RL events while everyone else was online finishing ACP/ASA etc. I took a break from game shortly after the mini-expansions came out, then I came back about the time the first two Abyssea add-ons were released, took another break... etc...

I still remember coming back the first time and being shocked to see people were level 80 lol... even more shocked when I reached level 80 and capped merits in just a few hrs. Abyssea has its merits (have you ever seen such great gear on the AH for 10k??) Even the detestable pink ranger set is actually pretty sweet gear. Its funny that it actually takes longer to level a job from 1-30 then it does to take a job from 30-90. I just wish the post-level-increase Maat's caps were a different color then the ones that people actually earned... just to separate the people out there that leeched 9 jobs to 67 in Abyssea from the people who actually put in some serious time to earn it. But I digress...

Missions anyone? =P
 Siren.Avina
user: Avina
By Siren.Avina 2011-03-07 18:20:59  
My social LS (TheReturners) does a lot of stuff outside of Abyssea, including some the events you mentioned. Many people here are very friendly and like doing missions/other events as well. While we don't do a lot of game events like Dynamis/Salvage with this group, members within our social shell run Salvage/Dynamis/Abyssea dedicated linkshells, and you'll notice a lot of similar faces popping up between all these shells, haha.

I'm also planning to try to get a mini-event LS going, to do things like MMM, Garrison, Eco-Warrior, BCNM/KSNMs/ENMS/whatever, and pretty much anything else people would like to do with a mini-event LS. Servers are down now but send me a tell in game or a PM on here if you are interested.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-03-07 19:54:44  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Siren.Fanugu said:
maybe I'll stop seeing my moogle show up in the middle of Port Jeuno.

Has happened to me a few times in Upper jeuno, I make to where the ppl are selling their goods, and moogle is still half way out there, and I can still trade him stuffs..

lol I seen that too along with Chocobo in the middle of port or upper jeuno with the npc's. I don't know if you can talk to the npcs to get on one I never tried.

Heres a vid of what I mean (don't mind the DDR music, also not my vid lol)

Currently I'm doing the WOTG missions with a low man static & RotZ & CoP on my alt. though its still broken somewhat I like campaign battle as drk/dnc or drg/whm very fun ether way I can solo a single mob...well orcs are kind of a challenge due to Orcish Counterstance
I'm aware some people are still pissy with people who solo the mobs but I have no issue if 1-7 others (plus npc's if its still in range of them) jump in.
 Siren.Delirium
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2011-03-07 19:59:43  
i'm down to do stuff outside abyssea as soon as i come back