フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokemon City
Pokemon City
First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224 225 226
 Asura.Veikur
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2019-06-05 18:50:11  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
if the games they have weren't so good, they'd of gone outta business by now.
It's almost like making a fun product is a more important aspect of an entertainment medium than a product with only shiny graphics.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-06-06 14:25:27  
I mean, it's a handheld console and is I believe the only console that comes with an SSD as a standard. The SSD alone probably makes up a good bit of the price.

But yea, if you don't like it whatever it's not for you. The Switch is a fine device and like everyone has said Nintendo hasn't been about things like HD graphics ever, they go for markets that have less competition because that's where they'll sell well. They focus on lower price points (all of their consoles have debuted with lower prices than other consoles.) and portability.

You pay for portability, that's what people want out of the system. Nintendo has and likely will continue to excel in that market, especially now that they've made something like the Switch,as their plan moving forward is likely to remove their need to focus on 2 different markets (Consoles and handhelds) and instead just focus on one that functions as both.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-06 15:25:55  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Its perfectly fine to have a subpar system. but when you label it a console then price it the same as sony/microsoft systems which are a WAY better bang for you buck

I think you forgot the part where it is also an handheld device.

I mean, I get what you are complaining about, if you don't want the handheld mode then it certainly looks pricey.
the 3ds is pretty low on the graphics side but at least they define it as a handheld portable device and priced is properly. switch is a bit different in that they marketed it as a console and charge prices according to other major console competitors. If the switch was $200 it'd be fine, but $300 is too much for what your getting. But like I said iv drank the koolaid and purchased one, but that doesnt mean I dont regret it. Once Yuzu is finished ill likely get rid of it. Pc experience is much better imo. But your right I hardly ever use the switch when im out and about. the screen is way to fragile and the whole thing is just awkward to carry unless I full time a backpack(unless I turn goth and wear some hot topic 3ft ft deep pockets).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-06-11 14:46:06  
By Draylo 2019-06-11 14:48:06  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I mean, it's a handheld console and is I believe the only console that comes with an SSD as a standard. The SSD alone probably makes up a good bit of the price.

But yea, if you don't like it whatever it's not for you. The Switch is a fine device and like everyone has said Nintendo hasn't been about things like HD graphics ever, they go for markets that have less competition because that's where they'll sell well. They focus on lower price points (all of their consoles have debuted with lower prices than other consoles.) and portability.

You pay for portability, that's what people want out of the system. Nintendo has and likely will continue to excel in that market, especially now that they've made something like the Switch,as their plan moving forward is likely to remove their need to focus on 2 different markets (Consoles and handhelds) and instead just focus on one that functions as both.

The excuse that you pay for portability is a bad one. I've mainly stayed away from buying some of my favorites because Nintendo price gouges them. Resident Evil for 30 bucks when its like 10 dollars on all other platforms. PS4 has portable too that people forget. You can install it on anything now with remote play, not just use the vita. The only downside is the internet is unstable but it does work, yet they don't upcharge all their games for that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [155 days between previous and next post]
By Draylo 2019-11-13 19:24:19  
So the news coming out is bad, anything else?
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2019-11-13 19:42:20  
Draylo said: »
So the news coming out is bad, anything else?
#GameFreakLied
By Jetackuu 2019-11-13 19:49:30  
What now?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-13 20:11:45  
They cut a lot of pokemon and said they had to to improve a ton of other aspects, particularly animations. The animations are worse than the 3DS and they re-used the same models from the 3DS games. Personally, I don't mind the cut, but the rest of the stuff that is worse than the 3DS games is pretty irritating.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2019-11-13 20:22:17  
I'll just play on showdown when they update to gen 8 lol. This is the first generation I've decided to skip the games as a whole.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-13 20:24:17  
Oh, assuming the sword/shield crap?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-13 20:25:36  
I'll probably get it anyways, just to play competitive. Not a fan of Smogon tiers these days, but I like battle spot singles and doubles, so if they have something like that, I'll get it. I'd like a 6v6 version of battle spot, though, would be really interesting.
By Draylo 2019-11-13 21:16:20  
Saddens me because I’ve been a fan since the beginning but the company has gotten so lazy
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 21:32:00  
Its a shame that they really let their fans down with this one. Nintendo is really hit or miss with the Switch.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-13 21:34:51  
It isn't Nintendo's fault, they just publish it.
 Bahamut.Aquatic
サーバ: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2019-11-13 21:49:14  
Im at odds, I've really been looking forward to the game. Overlooking all the drama surrounding the PokeDex Thanos snap, but it's plainly clear that for various reasons Gamefreak/Pokemon Company repeatedly lied to the consumers surrounding the controversy over the Thanos snap. I've owned one mainline Pokemon game from every single generation since the first, and I honestly feel like they cut corners looking at the evidence. The flat out quote from the director stating that Pokemon were cut from the games because they had to rebuild the animations and redesign each Pokemon from the ground up because of the change from handheld to portable console being completely negated by the fact that every Pokemon we've seen so far prior to the new ones coming out this generation use the same exact "sprite?" as the generation before AND the generation before that simply means I've been lied to as a consumer. Am I hoping down the line that there's some content DLC that allows for the complete Pokedex, yes... But buying into something that feels incomplete with untrustworthy information from the vendor, that just seems wrong.

Considering all 1st party IP have been stellar on the Switch... Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc etc.... The highest grossing media franchise in the world cutting corners like that, come on...
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-11-13 23:13:40  
^ this
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-14 13:04:34  
I pick up Pokemon Sword at 9pm PST this evening. I'll let you all know how it is after I play it a couple of hrs.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2019-11-14 14:24:23  
It’s Pokémon. Animations and dex cuts be damned. I’m only disappointed Banette and Shuppet aren’t in it. I’m looking forward to it. I’m not super hardcore but I make an effort to at least play some of every gen.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-15 00:03:38  
Been playing the game for the past 30 minutes and it looks all sorts of glorious!

The music is great too!

I may also already be onto something regarding hunting for shiny pokemon, need to test it a bit more.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2019-11-15 00:10:43  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Been playing the game for the past 30 minutes and it looks all sorts of glorious!

The music is great too!

I may also already be onto something regarding hunting for shiny pokemon, need to test it a bit more.
Not sure if it's been mentioned by the game is apparently coded so Pokemon too high for you to catch can't be shiny, only ones you can catch. A data miner pointed this out after looking into some of the code.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-15 00:12:01  
which is good, because people would whine about being unable to catch the shiny they ran into otherwise
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2019-11-15 00:12:47  
Bahamut.Aquatic said: »
Im at odds, I've really been looking forward to the game. Overlooking all the drama surrounding the PokeDex Thanos snap, but it's plainly clear that for various reasons Gamefreak/Pokemon Company repeatedly lied to the consumers surrounding the controversy over the Thanos snap. I've owned one mainline Pokemon game from every single generation since the first, and I honestly feel like they cut corners looking at the evidence. The flat out quote from the director stating that Pokemon were cut from the games because they had to rebuild the animations and redesign each Pokemon from the ground up because of the change from handheld to portable console being completely negated by the fact that every Pokemon we've seen so far prior to the new ones coming out this generation use the same exact "sprite?" as the generation before AND the generation before that simply means I've been lied to as a consumer. Am I hoping down the line that there's some content DLC that allows for the complete Pokedex, yes... But buying into something that feels incomplete with untrustworthy information from the vendor, that just seems wrong.

Considering all 1st party IP have been stellar on the Switch... Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc etc.... The highest grossing media franchise in the world cutting corners like that, come on...
I'll just wait for the inevitable (probably better) third version/remake/sequel like I did with B/W.

I'll suggest what I suggested to a streamer I watch; find a place to rent it. Some libraries rent games.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2019-11-15 01:40:16  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
So far so good, the dynamax raids are a nice addition.

Only issue I've noticed are the significant FPS drops in the big wild areas.
Just in general, moving around, when Pokemon are on-screen?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2019-11-15 01:48:15  
A PSA: DISABLE AUTOSAVE there are reports of a bug that can delete save data from your Switch/memory card. Not just Pokemon save data, ALL save data.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-15 06:47:33  
I'm not taking sides on the Sword/Shield thing with this, but I found this hilarious video I thought I'd share. It's just for humor purposes.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224 225 226