users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » Just returned from a year long break
Just returned from a year long break
 Siren.Tetskei
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Tetskei
By Siren.Tetskei 2011-03-30 14:28:42  
Hello all , I'm sure this story is nothing too new . Just that I'm very overwhelmed with the new content that has been added . I bought all of the add-on's just recently raised my level cap to 80 and entered abyssea for about 15 minutes. I really have no idea where to start at all, either leveling sub jobs my main or even trying to comprehend what to do in abyssea since the whole system is so new to me. I've read up on the wiki about abyssea and started the first few quests I could, but aside from that i really don't know what to do. Any help advice or anything what so ever would be greatly appreciated.
[+]
 Asura.Elvaton
サーバ: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2011-03-30 14:30:41  
get to 90 first that will take you a few hours then do quest, gear etc
 Siren.Tetskei
By Siren.Tetskei 2011-03-30 14:34:17  
Lol a few hours you say seriously ? Thing is i don't even know where to get started to get level 90. Sorry to be like a total spaz lol.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-30 14:35:43  
Flag up. Get an invite. Read up on the limit breaks and get the items you need to get ahead of time or during the PT. Asking folks if you can lot the items during an EXP party isn't out of line, most people will say np.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-30 14:37:31  
Look for shouts for Abyssea Parties (make sure to have stones)
Save all your Kindred Crests and High Kindred Crests for cap break.
When you hit your next level cap, don't disband right away, store merits for your next limit break.

Other then that, yeah.

p.s. Few hours is a bit of a stretch.
Get a good party, you'll be 85 in a few god-damn mins :(
Face of the game has changed dramatically
 Siren.Tetskei
By Siren.Tetskei 2011-03-30 14:38:01  
Where does most of the partying take place nowadays . Because as far as abyssea goes i believe i only have 15 minutes left of time for the next about 18 hours. I was trying to talk to npcs there and learn about how the system works. And yea i notice it requires kindred crests now and not seals.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-30 14:39:04  
99.9% of parties will be crowded around in Altepa at Con 8 doing Dolls and Dominion
 Ifrit.Tulnig
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2011-03-30 14:39:55  
WOW, first off let me say WELCOME BACK! lol

So much has changed, it feels like everything has changed. Basicly here is the synopsis...

ATMAs are better than gear, they are amazing! (some of the better ones drop off of NMs in Aby) See: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Atma

However in-order to use ATMAs you need Lunar Abyssites (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Abyssite)

Exp is mostly done solo pre level 75ish (30 by some accounts) and in Aby post level 75ish. Aby exp is the best with Dominion Opps from my experience (Uleg, Grab, Altepa).

The new must have gear is AF3 (+1/+2).

Abyssites are also very nice for supplemental reasons http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Abyssite

Everything else is mostly optional. I'd recommend hooking up with some old friends and/or an Event LS to assist you.
[+]
 Siren.Tetskei
By Siren.Tetskei 2011-03-30 14:50:17  
Thank you very much ^^. Really appreciate the input reading up on that now. I was just invited to an Altepa party but turned down i believe lol. I explained to them my situation and my guess is they passed me up. I may just start leveling my sub jobs in the meantime while i attempt to build up time in the next couple of days especially since I only have about 15 minutes left which is barely anything @_@. Many of the people i did talk to aren't on at all unfortunately =/. Seems like i wont be able to level up past 75 for the next couple of days though as is until i accumulate enough time.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-30 15:00:49  
BTW, another "alternative" is, if you were around for "FoV", they made adjustments to it. You may have a hard time finding exp parties outside Abyssea, BUT.. go solo some FoV.
One of the changes they made is, you can keep getting pages instead of once a day. Just wont get the gil or the tabs. And the exp increase they gave to Lower Level mobs makes it a viable "I don't have enough stones for Abyssea at the moment" thing to do.
 Siren.Tetskei
By Siren.Tetskei 2011-03-30 15:07:17  
Ah I see well thank you very much appreciate it =).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]