フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranger Atmas
Ranger Atmas
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2011-10-19 13:09:25  
Cerberus.Kiori said: »

im not sure how easy they are to get(if they're as frustrating as Stearc Subligars or not, lol) but, dualwielding augmented Yataghans with Crit DMG+5~6% is pretty ace for Jishnu's :D

Carbuncle.Samir said: »
So... how exactly does the choice of my hand gear affect my Atmas? ;)

lol, RR/GH/SS is good if you want to epeen damage, BUT imo, nothing can beat Sea Daughter. I'd say RR/GH/SD is probably best overall for Jishnu's/Arching Arrow.
 Cerberus.Kiori
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-19 13:11:25  
Siren.Seiri said: »
Np...and check my edit >< fudged the link
i saw :P i book marked the link. going to have a LS mate explain it to me...i have very bad reading comprehension...and bits don't make sense to me. It's like math class all over again... /shudder
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-19 13:15:54  

Sea Daughter? that one is just the superior regain, slow effect, and regen+ in the day right? If it's just to fire out a weaponskill every few seconds i can understand how that would make more damage...but my point of view...that's a very expensive way to do damage... 3 arrows a weaponskill (without recycle effect proc) with the better arrows out there can get expensive this way.

SD doesn't really seem to be a good route to go...

edit:

also dual wielding would mean i would sacrifice self skill chain with /sam sub. With that extra kick i find it fairly hard to go the dagger route.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2011-10-19 13:26:33  
If it's just to fire out a weaponskill every few seconds i can understand how that would make more damage...

yeah thats exactly what it's for lol your weapon skill frequency will shoot up thus effecting your overall damage output.

but my point of view...that's a very expensive way to do damage... 3 arrows a weaponskill (without recycle effect proc) with the better arrows out there can get expensive this way.

didn't know Gil was a factor in calculating damage <.< if you're looking at it this way i'd suggest RR/GH/SS but thats just with Gil included id agree to that. otherwise if i had cash to spend id agree with SD.

also dual wielding would mean i would sacrifice self skill chain with /sam sub. With that extra kick i find it fairly hard to go the dagger route.

there's also those times you have to /NIN to proc yellow! ;)
 Carbuncle.Samir
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-10-19 13:26:54  
@ Bruno
in first place i would not even see why anyone would use Arching Arrow. If you have Jishnu's Radiance, you will use that. If you don't, then it depends i'd say.
I'll admit i am not very good with all the numbers but i did a little testing on Bluffalos in Uleguerand Range while xp'ing.
First round i went Stout Arm, Atma of the Drifter and VV using Sidewinders. Second round i went RR, GH, SS and used Arching Arrow. And my result was, that my average Sidewinders still were higher than Arching Arrow, Archin Arrow came close when it got a critical, which is not always happening, even with RR/GH not. So, while i only tested it at one camp and for a few hours i would assume that Sidewinder, with the right Atmas, still beats Arching Arrow. But of course, i could be wrong.

If you look for Epeen-Shots on JR, i'd assum that RR/SS/SA > RH/SS/GH.
But that's just a theory as well.

@Kiori
i think that SAM is pretty much the best sub for Rng if you see all the benefits. Of course, things are situational, but i like having Store-TP, Meditate (even if its only 60 TP), Seigan/TE for abit of defense and of course Sekkanoki with JR is not to underestimate.
 Siren.Seiri
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 13:28:53  
Siren.Bruno said: »

im not sure how easy they are to get(if they're as frustrating as Stearc Subligars or not, lol) but, dualwielding augmented Yataghans with Crit DMG+5~6% is pretty ace for Jishnu's :D

So... how exactly does the choice of my hand gear affect my Atmas? ;)

lol, RR/GH/SS is good if you want to epeen damage, BUT imo, nothing can beat Sea Daughter. I'd say RR/GH/SD is probably best overall for Jishnu's/Arching Arrow.

BRUDAWG

But seriously, this isnt the way to go in abyssea. With just RR your at 80% boost to crit rate, and like anything with diminishing returns, those 5~6% daggers would 1: make you lose /sam, 2: not ever beat /war with oneiros dagger, or 3: be wasted by overcapping crit.

Same to SS, you lose 1/3 or more of the boost at least.

Sea Daughter? that one is just the superior regain, slow effect, and regen+ in the day right? If it's just to fire out a weaponskill every few seconds i can understand how that would make more damage...but my point of view...that's a very expensive way to do damage... 3 arrows a weaponskill (without recycle effect proc) with the better arrows out there can get expensive this way.

SD doesn't really seem to be a good route to go...

edit:

SD is awsome if you dont need the stout arm boost. I neglected to mention it cus...well it should be a no brainer at times.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 13:30:19  
@ Bruno
in first place i would not even see why anyone would use Arching Arrow. If you have Jishnu's Radiance, you will use that. If you don't, then it depends i'd say.
I'll admit i am not very good with all the numbers but i did a little testing on Bluffalos in Uleguerand Range while xp'ing.
First round i went Stout Arm, Atma of the Drifter and VV using Sidewinders. Second round i went RR, GH, SS and used Arching Arrow. And my result was, that my average Sidewinders still were higher than Arching Arrow, Archin Arrow came close when it got a critical, which is not always happening, even with RR/GH not. So, while i only tested it at one camp and for a few hours i would assume that Sidewinder, with the right Atmas, still beats Arching Arrow. But of course, i could be wrong.

If you look for Epeen-Shots on JR, i'd assum that RR/SS/SA > RH/SS/GH.
But that's just a theory as well.

@Kiori
i think that SAM is pretty much the best sub for Rng if you see all the benefits. Of course, things are situational, but i like having Store-TP, Meditate (even if its only 60 TP), Seigan/TE for abit of defense and of course Sekkanoki with JR is not to underestimate.

SS is never an epeen option for the reasons i said earlier.
 Cerberus.Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-10-19 13:38:12  
If it's just to fire out a weaponskill every few seconds i can understand how that would make more damage...

yeah thats exactly what it's for lol your weapon skill frequency will shoot up thus effecting your overall damage output.

but my point of view...that's a very expensive way to do damage... 3 arrows a weaponskill (without recycle effect proc) with the better arrows out there can get expensive this way.

if you're looking at it this way i'd suggest RR/GH/SS but thats just with Gil included id agree to that. otherwise if i had cash to spend id agree with SD.

there's also those times you have to /NIN to proc yellow! ;)
in abyssea, at least with my shell that runs...we always have a nin, and a thf who is /nin for procs...let alone a blu...and possibly a few other jobs from there...but rngs have never came /nin...and just to proc yellow isn't that much of an incentive for me to switch my subs.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2011-10-19 13:53:32  
BRUDAWG

<3

not ever beat /war with oneiros dagger

completely forgot about Oneiros Dagger!

make you lose /sam

and so would using "/war with oneiros dagger" lol

@ Bruno
in first place i would not even see why anyone would use Arching Arrow. If you have Jishnu's Radiance

i was just trying to include everyone, OP posted his gear showing he didnt have access to Jishnu's
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 14:24:01  
BRUDAWG

<3

not ever beat /war with oneiros dagger

completely forgot about Oneiros Dagger!

make you lose /sam

and so would using "/war with oneiros dagger" lol

@ Bruno
in first place i would not even see why anyone would use Arching Arrow. If you have Jishnu's Radiance

i was just trying to include everyone, OP posted his gear showing he didnt have access to Jishnu's

/war with oneiros dagger is mostly a non-abyssea setup to give access to fencer (4% crit rate from trait, 40tp bonus meaning another boost to crit rate, comes to around 10% rate and 10% c.dmg boost from the dagger itself)
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2011-10-19 14:34:32  
/war with oneiros dagger is mostly a non-abyssea setup to give access to fencer (4% crit rate from trait, 40tp bonus meaning another boost to crit rate, comes to around 10% rate and 10% c.dmg boost from the dagger itself)

speaking of which...

..has Rancor Collar been mentioned yet? :D
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-19 15:50:47  

speaking of which...

..has Rancor Collar been mentioned yet? :D

#1 neck piece outside abys for JR. Inside it really depends on atma.
 Siren.Dekoda
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2011-10-20 00:24:44  
I think it should always be used inside >.> you won't cap crit rate without it unless you're sitting on a 300% TP Jishnu's. I think you can do it with some stupid stuff like 2x Light Earrings, an augmented Seiryu's Kote, and Fencer, but you would make fewer sacrifices to wear Rancor Collar instead of 2 earrings and gloves.

... or some stupid situations like if you have access to blood rage or you feel like using atma of the dark depths for some reason lmao.

Oneiros /WAR is the best option in and out, but it can get you killed sometimes so you may need to fall back on /NIN and dual wield that and a Yataghan. I guess if you want seigan third eye you can vulcan staff + brave grip.

For epeening though I agree, SS will way overcap you. You're at:

40% Dead Aim
30% Razed Ruins
5% Loki's
4% (I think?) Byakko's haidate

and then maybe:

2% Anwig (if you have it)
10% - 16% Oneiros Knife/Yataghan (Or just Oneiros if you're not dual wielding, or just Yataghan if you don't have Oneiros)

That's 91% - 97% Crit damage bonus (without Blood Rage or something else random like that). Stout Arm would win... but in any real situation do RR/GH/Sea Daughter. The WS frequency might be expensive but it's worth it in damage.

If you're hurting for money I suggest you play another job since you can play that to its full potential instead.. but if you really wanna gimp the damage then go Stout Arm. There might be better options idk, ask a kraken rng lol
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-20 01:40:01  
Dead aim doesn't work on Jishnu's.

/WAR RR GH staff+strap is most likely better than /NIN RR SS DW crit dmg+ Yataghan. You got a lot of room for capping ratk than normal atk.

So berserk, stalwart, minuet/chaos rolls probably still have their own benefit when they are applied at once on yourself.
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2011-10-20 01:55:30  
Oh yea I forgot that >.>

I do remember reading the math on it though and Fencer Oneiros beat Staff+Strap, even with uncapped attack. Don't remember the situations though like if it were in or out or not =/
 Carbuncle.Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-10-20 11:26:17  
Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Dead aim doesn't work on Jishnu's.

/WAR RR GH staff+strap is most likely better than /NIN RR SS DW crit dmg+ Yataghan. You got a lot of room for capping ratk than normal atk.

So berserk, stalwart, minuet/chaos rolls probably still have their own benefit when they are applied at once on yourself.

Ok, so now what was the Cap on Critical Dmg+ ? 50% ?

In that case SA still would be better than SS? Considering you use RR and GH already.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-10-20 11:35:23  
The cap on crit damage+ is gone/much higher now
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-20 11:40:52  
No known cap on crit dmg as far as I know. It used to be 50%, but was raised to something that we cannot reach currently.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 12:21:41  
Wait it was mentioned earlier in this thread about loading in snapshot gear before the shot... anyone have a spellcast that can do this, and also what is the best "precast" for ranged attack then? I only see like 2-3 snap shot gear that rng can wear.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-20 12:29:50  
precast -> midcast
Alruna's Gloves or Augmented CFG/BFG -> Sylvan Glvltte. +1/+2
Impulse Belt -> Crudelis Belt/Buccaneer's bElt
Entois Trousers -> Sylvan Bragues +1/+2

I guess only those 3 slots worth swapping for snap/rapid.

Here's the snippet code in my RNG rules:
Code
<if type="Misc">
        <if spell="Ranged">
          <!-- in case of area lag, this delay is needed. For no lag area, this delay can be close to 0-->
          <castdelay delay=".1"/>
          <!--how long after initating ranged attack before switching to stp/-enmity gear?-->
          <midcastdelay delay=".6"/>
          <!-- how long since intiating ranged attack you will swap back the idle gear-->
          <aftercastdelay delay="3.2" />

<equip when="precast" set="RapidSnap"/>
          <command when="precast">input /echo RapidSnap set</command>
          <equip when="midcast" set="Shooting $WType $Barrage"/>
          <command when="midcast">input /echo $WType $Barrage shooting set</command>

<if advanced='"$Barrage"=="Barrage"'>
            <addtochat>Barrage on, changing ammo to $BrgAmmo.</addtochat>
            <equip when="precast|midcast">
              <ammo>$BrgAmmo</ammo>
            </equip>
          </if>

<var cmd="set Barrage Normal" />
        </if>
      </if>
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 12:34:09  
precast -> midcast

Eh? Not sure what that is. So just do something like--

<if spell="ranged">
<equip when="Precast" set="Snapshot" />
<equip when="Midcast" set="RangedAttack" />
</if>

Oh God... you think I could see your entire SC? I was way off. xD
 Bahamut.Bizarro
サーバ: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2011-10-20 14:22:43  
Would love to see that xml myself as well!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-20 14:41:53  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
No known cap on crit dmg as far as I know. It used to be 50%, but was raised to something that we cannot reach currently.
Caps at 100%. Easy for RNG to confirm, RR + SS + Dead Aim = 100% critdmg, pewpew an EP mob with some critdmg gear, make sure you're capping pDIF and fSTR2, record crit results.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2011-10-20 14:58:07  
Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
precast -> midcast

<if spell="ranged">
</if>

"Augmented CFG/BFG"= Crimson/Blood Finger Gauntlets.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-10-20 15:18:05  
precast -> midcast

I guess only those 3 slots worth swapping for snap/rapid

There is also the ACP body or Dominion Notes body you can get with Snapshot+5 augment on it. Or you can set your precast to equip 5/5 AF3+2 for full effect on the bonus dmg if rapid shot and set bonus proc, then midshot, swap to normal r.atk/str/sTP gear
 Carbuncle.Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-10-20 15:19:51  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Caps at 100%. Easy for RNG to confirm, RR + SS + Dead Aim = 100% critdmg, pewpew an EP mob with some critdmg gear, make sure you're capping pDIF and fSTR2, record crit results.

So this makes RR/SS/GH the best Atma option for Jishnu's ?
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2011-10-20 20:14:29  
Maybe for epeening but Sea Daughter should increase your overall damage through WS frequency.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-20 21:36:16  
Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
precast -> midcast

<if spell="ranged">
</if>

Sure
http://pastebin.com/CeSgfaS9
This version is actually a fix from Motenten from my earlier version. So I guess it's pretty much optimized. I'll let you know what sets I have in mine if you need it, since Motenten didn't include them as he was rewriting my XML.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
There is also the ACP body or Dominion Notes body you can get with Snapshot+5 augment on it. Or you can set your precast to equip 5/5 AF3+2 for full effect on the bonus dmg if rapid shot and set bonus proc, then midshot, swap to normal r.atk/str/sTP gear
I thought "Enhances Velocity Shot" from Sylvan Caban +2 is the same as Snapshot +5? I just assume people fulltiming it.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

So this makes RR/SS/GH the best Atma option for Jishnu's ?
SS alo has +20 enmity.. so if you're just wrecking trash mob/mini NM, then yes, those 3 combo is the best to produce highest spike from Jishnu's. In longer fight, that +20 enmity will make you useless faster.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-22 07:26:55  
So what's the Dancing Chains thing all about?