Would You Return Gil From Overbidded Item?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Would you return Gil from overbidded Item?
Would you return Gil from overbidded Item?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-03-20 16:18:09  
I putted a Platinum Beastcoin in AH for 8k and someone by the looks of it mistakenly bidded 60k on it. I send him/her a tell in game, though s/he didnt ever responded, i told the best i could that i understood the mistake and send her back 52k. People may call me dumb for things like this. So i wonder, would you return the money?
 Pandemonium.Krebons
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-03-20 16:20:09  
i would because its happened to me before i spent 200k on a 20k item. needless to say they didnt send my money back, so i know how it feels
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 16:21:32  
I wouldn't.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-20 16:22:15  
It depends how much and if I was low on gil+if they asked nicely. 20k overbid on something worth 2k? sure whatever here. 2mil on something worth 20k? I'll be very tempted to keep...
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-20 16:22:42  
I would as well, depending on the severity of the mistake. If we're talking about a few K, then I'm keeping it. But if someone accidently bid 40k on an H.Q. Crab Shell, I'd give them their money back...

Not that it really ever happens to me, I'm always the one overbidding lol
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 16:23:32  
Ludoggy said:
+if they asked nicely.

But they never do!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-20 16:26:24
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I'd hold onto and not spend the profit and wait for a response. If it was politely asked I would return it. If it was threatening or douche-baggish I would say tough luck.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-20 16:26:46  
Well, if I knew them, I would give it back, and probably if they sent me a polite tell pointing out their mistake. Somebody I didn't know and somebody who didn't message me... No, I wouldn't give it back.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-20 16:27:35  
Amael said:
So i wonder, would you return the money?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Wooooodum said:
Well, if I knew them, I would give it back, and probably if they sent me a polite tell pointing out their mistake.

A friend of mine in game mistakenly bought a Mideval collar from me thinking he was bidding on a Peacock charm. He politely contacted me in game and I had no problem at all returning the funds after I confirmed it was him that bought it.

I personally hold the ground that the auction house system asks you two? three? times if you are sure you want to buy something. Don't spam the windows and you won't have this problem.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-20 16:31:54  
No
[+]
 Titan.Rebekah
サーバ: Titan
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-03-20 16:32:46  
i'd give half of it back! i'd take half just as a reward of my kindness! =p
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-20 16:34:06

Aye, if you're spending any more than 10k, I'd take it easy on the clicking through buying confirmations and make sure you're getting what you want for how much you're paying. A few extra seconds of time can help save you alot of grief and gil.

Wooooodum said:
Well, if I knew them, I would give it back, and probably if they sent me a polite tell pointing out their mistake. Somebody I didn't know and somebody who didn't message me... No, I wouldn't give it back.

Seconded. :S

One of my friends accidentally bought an NQ Amemet Mantle for the price of HQ once... The person that sold it was seriously never on again after that though, so he wasn't able to get his money back.

Oh, and another friend of mine sold Alkyoneus' Bracelets...had them up for 500k....someone bought for 5M, never asked for their gil back. O_o
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-20 16:41:57

It's not like an income tax refund error which you can be punished for by abusing it. If someone overbids it's technically all yours because they met (or exceeded) your selling/asking price. If someone isn't going to contact you over it, then it must not be that important to them. Enjoy your serendipity by all means!
 Midgardsormr.Invictusx
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Invictusx
By Midgardsormr.Invictusx 2009-03-20 16:45:51  
/blacklist add "anyonewhooverbidonmyitem"
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
サーバ: Ramuh
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2009-03-20 16:49:33  
i think ive done the worse mistake so far. . . mistakenly bid on a chasuble (30k) when i was trying to bid on a manteel(4m) and they gave it back :) i also tipped them 100k for warping back to trade me too. i would give it back unless it was someone being an ***. u shud treat others the way u wanna be treated.
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-20 16:54:30  
I return any and all overbids on my main promptly. But, it's a much grimmer tale on my mules.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-20 16:59:41

It really depends. As of right now, hell no, since I'm moving to Ramuh soon anyway. If I don't get contacted within 24h, obviously the person doesn't care.
If it's a friend, of course I'll pay 'em back.

I usually spend gil instantly, so they better catch me when I'm not eyeing something expensive...or the "Sorry, spent it already" excuse doesn't appear.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-20 16:59:47  
Disintegration said:
I return any and all overbids on my main promptly. But, it's a much grimmer tale on my mules.

Moral of the story: Sell everything on the Auction House from mules. =)
 Asura.Yotevol
サーバ: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-03-20 17:00:35  
Amael said:
I putted a Platinum Beastcoin in AH for 8k and someone by the looks of it mistakenly bidded 60k on it. I send him/her a tell in game, though s/he didnt ever responded, i told the best i could that i understood the mistake and send her back 52k. People may call me dumb for things like this. So i wonder, would you return the money?

Yes, I would.
I've done it before.
I'm not going to claim "I'm holier than you", but I do have good morals.
And because I have the integrity to do the right thing when no one is looking.

People may flame me for my action.
But, that's my choice for action, not theirs.
~Yote

Shadowarrior said:
i think ive done the worse mistake so far. . . mistakenly bid on a chasuble (30k) when i was trying to bid on a manteel(4m) and they gave it back :) i also tipped them 100k for warping back to trade me too. i would give it back unless it was someone being an ***. u shud treat others the way u wanna be treated.

I would just die if I bid that much on a cheap item...
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2009-03-20 17:11:42  
Once I put up an item for 17k and someone bought it for 170k. Later i got a /tell from a JP who couldn't really speak english at all. He tried to make it understandable that he was the one who overbid my item. After i understood him i sent him his money back minus my own price ofcourse.
He tried so hard speaking to me and he was so happy afterwards that i didn't regret it at all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-20 19:51:13  
I would cause I don't need this to earn my gils. In fact what's the difference between this or stealing a LS bank, buying gils with real money or w/e ? None. I don't enjoy gils I haven't earned legitimately. I would just return these back to the dbox of the buyer. (well return the difference between "normal price" and "price he paid").

Only one exception tho : if the buyer is someone I don't like or someone that cheat/steal others, I would just get the gils and throw them away.
 Kujata.Maidak
サーバ: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-03-20 19:56:34  
nope i would not unless i was in a reallly good mood why? because i've overbid on items on accident a few times never gotten my gil back and i see it as well everyone needs a break on gil farming if the guy was a complete noobie like saved up for months for a peacock charm and bought the wrong thing i may give it back to him thats maby it
 Lakshmi.Badkarma
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: BK
By Lakshmi.Badkarma 2009-03-20 20:01:25  
I wouldnt,unless it was under 200k or so, person over bids 500k+ oh well your *** loss.
[+]
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-20 20:08:59  
Amael said:

Nope if people are careless enough to make a mistake like that, it's their loss.
[+]
 Fairy.Seraphita
サーバ: Fairy
user: rogueking
By Fairy.Seraphita 2009-03-20 20:14:55  
Yes, I would.. and I have. I've returned vastly overbid prices on several occasions. Got a couple new people on my /flist that way, it builds positive personal rep, and it's unusually satisfying to allow someone's mistake to slide. Strangely enough ( coincidence? ), I've been fortunate to have everything I've ever overbid returned to me as well. Including a 2m bid onna 200k item. *Scritch mark* Score one for kindness, zero for greed.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8