Would You Return Gil From Overbidded Item?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Would you return Gil from overbidded Item?
Would you return Gil from overbidded Item?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Cerberus.Zonnashi
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zonnashi
By Cerberus.Zonnashi 2009-03-23 11:45:02  
Forgot to answer earlier. But yeah i would return it, unless they were a complete jerk about it, I would play it up that they wouldn't get it back and explain how it wasn't my fault, and ask why they should be angry at me for them making a mistake. Then return it depending on how they respond from there.
 Ramuh.Shikaku
サーバ: Ramuh
user: don114
By Ramuh.Shikaku 2009-03-25 01:33:01  
Haseyo said:
It really depends. As of right now, hell no, since I'm moving to Ramuh soon anyway. If I don't get contacted within 24h, obviously the person doesn't care.
If it's a friend, of course I'll pay 'em back.

I usually spend gil instantly, so they better catch me when I'm not eyeing something expensive...or the "Sorry, spent it already" excuse doesn't appear.

y wats in ramuh y u mopving there xD
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-25 01:46:36  
Shikaku said:
y wats in ramuh y u mopving there xD

{Can you speak English?}
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-25 02:12:52  
Alyria said:
I had a vile elixir in my bazaar for salvage for 1 gil and forgot to take it off bazaar when I went into beseige. A dude bought it and I /tell him omg i totally forgot to take it off from salvage. He laughed and returned it with no problem. lol was funny though cause I had probably 10 examines and no one else bought it but that 1 dude.

I've done this twice a long time ago when I used to buy meds for my salvage people (I'm not doing salvage with people who are a little more organised <_<) so whenever I see someone with 1 gil meds in their bazaar I send them a /tell saying (Bazaar)(Please check it.)
 Caitsith.Himsa
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2009-03-25 02:24:20  
bid 400k for dusk gloves, or so i thought, ended up buying dragon finger gauntlets or some ***, asked nicely and got my gil back, and tipped him 50k for it

oh and yeah i'd give it back, I'd rather not have gil than be known as an *** all over the server =\
 Seraph.Nirgilis
サーバ: Seraph
user: Nirgilis
By Seraph.Nirgilis 2009-03-25 03:01:47  
if they were nice i would return everything except the amount of the item. you bought , its yours. if they were a douche, i'm keeping the gils. its called a auction house for a reason. we get the most we can get with an auction
 Bahamut.Folant
サーバ: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Folant 2009-03-25 03:35:59
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

The price you put something up for on the Auction House is just a reserve, if somebody bids 10x or 100x what the amount is worth, good times.

Dog eat dog out there, we're all trying to undercut eachother, so much so that average worth changes a lot, can he halved, can be doubled. Someone just payed 100,000,000 on a 1,000 item(EXAGGERATION LOL), well hot damn, price just went up for a moment and I'm keeping the gil, not my fault you added an extra 0 or two, should take more care.

Be it just 10k or 1mil overbid, a sale is a sale, and the sale in final.

Just like seeing someone misprice something in their Bazaar. KC for 5mil instead of 50mil for example..you know damn well you're gonna buy it!

Saying that, I hope it never happens to me! ;D
 Leviathan.Angish
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Angish
By Leviathan.Angish 2009-03-26 07:36:34  
I have jumped into the conclusion that people that buy items for more than 20k up their original prices are desperate to get it and people to tend to buy items at 100k or more are just trying to raise the prices of the item. ._.;
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-26 07:48:23  
Folant said:
The price you put something up for on the Auction House is just a reserve, if somebody bids 10x or 100x what the amount is worth, good times.

Dog eat dog out there, we're all trying to undercut eachother, so much so that average worth changes a lot, can he halved, can be doubled. Someone just payed 100,000,000 on a 1,000 item(EXAGGERATION LOL), well hot damn, price just went up for a moment and I'm keeping the gil, not my fault you added an extra 0 or two, should take more care.

Just like seeing someone misprice something in their Bazaar. KC for 5mil instead of 50mil for example..you know damn well you're gonna buy it!

Funny thing about this, I would 9 times out of 10 return the gil in FFXI, if this was a real world auction it'd be non-returnable lol.
 Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop
By Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop 2009-03-26 23:36:35  
Yes i would return it if they asked for it back 100% of the time.
 Bismarck.Thora
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nirgilis
By Bismarck.Thora 2009-03-27 03:09:54  
Folant said:

exactly
 Pandemonium.Kitteneater
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kitteneater 2009-03-27 03:18:42  
I would return it if the person who bid asked nicely. Everyone can make mistakes and I would feel terrible if I thought I was taking gil from someone due to a genuine error, however if they started to threaten me or acted like a d*ck I would have to /blacklist add "whoeverbid"
 Shiva.Aaralyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2009-03-27 04:09:28  
Yeah. I would return it. No matter how much it was. Unless they were rude about it. Or unless it's someone I have on my list.. ie - some people who stole a pop nm from my ls. Then, I would have fun~
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [108 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-13 01:47:48  
ok...over the last few months...I've now decided I wouldnt return the gil no mater what. even if they are nice and or hot o.o
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-13 01:49:41  
no
 Seraph.Chuuuuu
サーバ: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Chuuuuu 2009-07-13 01:50:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

lulz
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-13 01:51:17  
Aaralyn said:
Yeah. I would return it. No matter how much it was. Unless they were rude about it. Or unless it's someone I have on my list.. ie - some people who stole a pop nm from my ls. Then, I would have fun~

id do the same
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-13 03:28:52  
Ludoggy said:
ok...over the last few months...I've now decided I wouldnt return the gil no mater what. even if they are nice and or hot o.o

I think you just wanted to see a Necro Bump! lol!
 Remora.Sedda
サーバ: Remora
user: Sedda
By Remora.Sedda 2009-07-13 08:53:15  
Honestly I would probably not. If asked by the person and done so politely I probably would but really they should of been paying attention. I have done it myself on number of times. It's a costly mistake at times. Now if someone buys the wrong item and they start cursing at me and tell me 'give me my gil back' I will tell them tough noogets. It's already been spent.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-13 08:59:50  
If I really had my eye on something, tough luck.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-07-13 09:10:29  
*** no, peolpe need to look twice bid once.

That and I would have it spent in like 20 seconds after I got it XD
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-13 09:17:13  
And lag is a *** excuse. What the hell is the rush to buy something from the AH? What are the chances someone else is bidding that same item at the exact same time?
 Remora.Rhinok
サーバ: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-07-13 09:18:16  
I would say my acc got haxd and the gillz is gone ; ;
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-07-13 09:25:31  
If it were a mistake less than 10k, I'd keep unless they sent me a /tell. If they added a 0 (100k on 10k item), I'd return it. If they sent me a rude /tell before I could return it, I'd probably keep it and tell them next time to be more polite.

I do not tolerate douchebaggery.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-13 09:27:59  
Rhinok said:
I would say my acc got haxd and the gillz is gone ; ;

They cant question that till u casually stroll by wearing a speedbelt lol.

I always find that servers are small, i always see people around eventually... except Alyria .. never seen her ingame, i guess what time u play determines that.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-13 09:59:46  
Hypnotizd said:
I personally hold the ground that the auction house system asks you two? three? times if you are sure you want to buy something. Don't spam the windows and you won't have this problem.

I'll just quote myself as I still hold this stance on the subject. =)

Sorry to whoever it was that bought my thundercloud for 150k instead of 20k yesterday btw =P
 Ragnarok.Umbrya
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: karolann
By Ragnarok.Umbrya 2009-07-13 10:32:40  
I would, and have returned excess gil sent to me from the AH for an item I had up. I once received 450k for a pair of 4k Noct Gloves, because the person had mistakenly bought my gloves instead of Horomusha Kotes. It happened while I was asleep, but I saw the /tells when I woke up, and returned all of the gil in exchange for my gloves back. Knowing that I made that person's day was worth more than the 450k. Besides, word-of-mouth is a powerful thing, and things spread fast for better or worse.

It's often easy to make mistakes, but it takes real integrity to send the money back regardless of the amount sent. There's no "good" excuse for keeping gil from someone's mistake. It's simply greed and a lack of good experiences that makes something feel that they should keep the money. A lot of people feel that just because they were screwed over on their mistake, they should screw everyone else on the same mistake. Rationalize it as you will, it still isn't right.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ericon
サーバ: Phoenix
user: ericon
By Phoenix.Ericon 2009-07-13 10:52:51  
Someone paid 3.8 mil for a 380k item. They had a /seacom up for days that said" *nameofmymule*{item}{Price}{mistake} {pleas help me out} I avoided logging into my mule for a few days. When I finally did, I got the /tell. I sent 1.5mil back, told em the rest I was keeping as a "retard tax".
 Phoenix.Volkai
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Volkai
By Phoenix.Volkai 2009-07-13 11:16:05  
I will generally return most of the gil when someone overbids on something I AH, as that is what others have done for me in the past.

I won't return all of the gil, as I do feel there should be a little bit of a penalty so as to remind that person to be more careful in the future, but when you've spent 2mil on an item with an in-game AH history of 20k-30k, when you meant to bid 20k... I think you can live with getting 970k back instead of 980k.

Edit: I should say, I generally wait for a /tell or message or to see a /sea comment (or to be contacted by them via ffxiah or through one of the premiere sites) before I send the gil back, as I can see the possibility of someone who's quitting getting rid of all their gil by overbidding on various items (and then probably bazaaring the items for 1gil). Stranger things have happened.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8