Would You Return Gil From Overbidded Item?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Would you return Gil from overbidded Item?
Would you return Gil from overbidded Item?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-13 11:22:10  
no
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-07-13 11:26:58  
Zonnashi said:
Forgot to answer earlier. But yeah i would return it, unless they were a complete jerk about it, I would play it up that they wouldn't get it back and explain how it wasn't my fault, and ask why they should be angry at me for them making a mistake. Then return it depending on how they respond from there.

Well Said.. I was nice enough just to ask a J P that I bought the wrong item.. Got my money back and he got his item back, only to put it back up...

On the other hand....
Kungfuhustle said:
no

I wouldn't deal with this guy ^^^^^^

^.-

Let me ask.. Why wouldn't you.. it was a mistake.. Hustle.. I bet you make errors in your life.. so you think everyone screws you over??
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-13 11:29:44  
I know it's been said multiple times in this thread. If you are spending more then 100k on an item, double check to make sure it's the right one for the right price. They even ask you to double check before you finish the purchase...
 Ragnarok.Titox
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-07-13 11:30:17  
i would send any mistaken bid gil back....mistake happens even if is 2M or more....i will feel darn low if i do especially for virtual money >.>
i can make my own gil.....i don't need to gain and enjoy benefit from people mistake

but the person who made the mistake bid i know is a darn jerk and mean to almost everyone....then i would think about it....but the chances are i would give it back anyway =/
[+]
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-07-13 11:34:02  
id give half of it back
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-13 11:34:39  
no, I don't think anyone screws me over.

You're right, it would have been a mistake to overbid, but people make them. So why would I wanna be your safety net by refunding the difference?

The only "if" I have is if the bidder is part of my tight group of friends.

edit: gotta learn from your mistakes
 Hades.Arkhelshar
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Arkhelshar 2009-07-13 11:40:19  
I won't ask other to turn it back, but I will, even if it's an ***...

Honesty above Self profit...These seem rare these days.
 Ramuh.Zangada
サーバ: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-07-13 11:47:33  
See it's people like this that make this game bad. What mistake, its very easy to over bid or even bid all ur gil. Thats like saying if u lost ur wallet its ur mistake so w/e got it should do whatever they want with it. You shouldnt need a reason or and excuse to return it, shouldnt matter how they act when u talk to them, these r just sorry excuses for ppl to want reasons to keep it. If this is how u act on a game id be scared to see it in rl.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-13 11:51:23  
Zangada, get some lube, you're chaffing from your overly tight panties.

Everyone's making excuses to keep the money, some say they give back half, others say they keep a small amount as "retard tax." Why is my response so different from anyone else, because I *** outright said I wouldn't give it back.

You should STFU and realize that not everyone is the same, and please stick your face on the hot pavement outside your mom's house, so you know to NOT take this so seriously :)
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-07-13 11:56:05  
Its ppl like u that r pieces of ***, cant live without their fake money. Heaven forbid ur nice to someone, its a fking game. MMORPG is made for ppl wo work together but obviously u only give a ***about urself.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-13 11:56:58  
Because what I do in a video game totally reflects on what I do in real life. I enjoy running around town, yelling that I need 3 people to kill a giant tree.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-13 11:59:48  
lol wow, someone takes this game way too *** seriously, the butthurt is strong with this one.

btw, it wouldn't kill anyone to do a lil homework on that expensive item before bidding, and if you have lag, to carefully navigate the AH menus.
[+]
 Odin.Arnor
サーバ: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-07-13 12:03:41  
i personally would return it.. unless they came to me making demands. if they asked for it id give it to them no problem.. but the problem is the people that wouldnt return it in the long run screw others.. cause if the money doesnt end up being returned then that person is less inclined to return it if the roles are reversed.. and then then you end up with a game where everyone thinks its ok to punish people for making a mistake cause they were punished when it happened to them.. im not here to judge anyone.. but before you make that decision think how you would feel if the roles were reversed
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-13 12:07:56  
I wouldn't return it unless I knew the person. I don't care how much it happens to be. I've played this game off and on now for 6 years, and I haven't made that mistake because I make sure to double check the amount and the item I'm bidding on the second and third time the game asks me to.

Stop being in a god damn rush and make sure it's what you want and make sure the amount is correct.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
サーバ: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-13 12:09:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I have always gave the gil back when they sent me a /tell. If it was a message than I'd reply saying I'm willing to give the gil back if /trade not delivery box. Most of the time they'll just tip ~10% for being kind.

I've heard of people that do the same, but depends on the gil amount of the overbid. if it's 100k or more than it's a loss on the mistake. Still rude to do since that person may have worked months to get that much gil to spend.

Now if it was someone I deemed as a fool and treats people disrespectfully, I'd keep it. Ignore the /tell or message. Hopefully they'll change their attitude after that.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-13 12:10:51  
Kungfuhustle said:
lol wow, someone takes this game way too *** seriously, the butthurt is strong with this one.

User submitted image
HOW
DARE
YOU
NOT
RETURN
MY
GIL?!
[+]
 Asura.Sharpe
サーバ: Asura
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-07-13 12:17:17  
Balls to the "lag" excuses, go to Jeuno/Tav then where you wont lag, or you know just pay more attention to what your doing.
 Cerberus.Nieko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-13 12:24:07  
Not reading the entire thread but from the title and the page i've read I can guess the situation and I must say I'm on Kung's side. If u buy my stack of light crystals for 15k instead of 1.5k that's just too bad for u. Pay more attention when bidding for things. There's no excuse for it other than u were prob doin a bunch of random stuff and not fully paying attention. Not my fault.
 Seraph.Chuuuuu
サーバ: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Chuuuuu 2009-07-13 12:25:02
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

haseyo made me lol :3 and no i wouldnt return it either :P
 Remora.Rhinok
サーバ: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-07-13 12:31:21  
annn i was gon buy a hagun, but then i got high, i was stupid and bought an onimaru, because i was high, yeaaaaah ehhhhhh an i was gonna post something productive but i didnt, ann i know whyyyy yeaaaah ehhh because i got high because i got high because i got hiiiigh lalalala, la, la lalala.

Everyone likes suprises, i´d take the gill and waste it on RR3 scrolls which i would buy and drop untill all the gill is gone
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-13 12:40:15  
HASEYO FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN!!!

/irl laughs
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-07-13 13:58:22  
would use be yes till someone tried pretending they were low level noob with no gill. After a run around about getting them there gill back and catching them on 75 job with pimped out gear. i'd say no its a persons responsibility to pay attention to what and how much they bid.
[+]
 Odin.Arnor
サーバ: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-07-13 17:38:49  
mistakes happen.. someone may buy an NQ item at HQ price.. or add 1 too many 0s.. but you know what.. everyone makes mistakes.. everyone that said they woulnt give the money back.. you know damn well you would be pissed if it happened to you and someone didnt return to you.. thats why the game isnt as fun anymore.. everyone too busy worried about themselves.. being *** to others.. what ever happened to people helping people.. tryin to be nice to people.. everyone here has made mistakes.. and you know that you would never want to be punishe for those mistakes so why punish someone else for making a mistake?
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-13 17:51:05  
Arnor said:
mistakes happen.. someone may buy an NQ item at HQ price.. or add 1 too many 0s.. but you know what.. everyone makes mistakes.. everyone that said they woulnt give the money back.. you know damn well you would be pissed if it happened to you and someone didnt return to you.. thats why the game isnt as fun anymore.. everyone too busy worried about themselves.. being *** to others.. what ever happened to people helping people.. tryin to be nice to people.. everyone here has made mistakes.. and you know that you would never want to be punishe for those mistakes so why punish someone else for making a mistake?

Would you like to hug and sing campfire songs in a circle while we share feelings as well?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ataxia
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ataxia
By Pandemonium.Ataxia 2009-07-13 18:25:43  
It's not that what you do in-game reflects real life (like shouting in WG as Haseyo was saying), it's that your character (I don't mean the little model on the screen) in game reflects your character in real life. The anonymity of the Internet makes people show there true colors. If you are a selfish person, keep the gil, if not return it, it's as simple as that.

If I was willing to keep the gil I would be have to admit to myself that I care more about my personal improvement than helping someone who made a mistake that anyone can make. But whatever, lie to yourselves if you want. Tell yourself you're doing it to teach a lesson...haha.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-13 18:33:37  
I would have returned the gil, yeah. But then I overbid on something and never got the gil back...so I pay it forward. *** that.
 Phoenix.Joz
サーバ: Phoenix
user: joz
By Phoenix.Joz 2009-07-13 18:44:36  
If they asked me politely, yes I would. Unless it was someone I didn't like or someone that has been really rude/mean to me in the past then I probably wouldn't. :<
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-13 18:47:42  
Ericon said:
Someone paid 3.8 mil for a 380k item. They had a /seacom up for days that said" *nameofmymule*{item}{Price}{mistake} {pleas help me out} I avoided logging into my mule for a few days. When I finally did, I got the /tell. I sent 1.5mil back, told em the rest I was keeping as a "retard tax".

LOL! Nice one!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-13 18:51:59  
Ataxia said:
It's not that what you do in-game reflects real life (like shouting in WG as Haseyo was saying), it's that your character (I don't mean the little model on the screen) in game reflects your character in real life. The anonymity of the Internet makes people show there true colors. If you are a selfish person, keep the gil, if not return it, it's as simple as that.

If I was willing to keep the gil I would be have to admit to myself that I care more about my personal improvement than helping someone who made a mistake that anyone can make. But whatever, lie to yourselves if you want. Tell yourself you're doing it to teach a lesson...haha.

I'm far from selfish in real life. I pick up wallets and try to find the owner, I tell people "Hey you dropped a 20 bill" if it falls from their pocket. Hell, people say I'm too nice in real life. Video games give me a chance to be selfish. :3
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Bokusatsutenshi 2009-07-13 19:26:23  
that happended to me. i bought tonko ni for 300k by mistake but i asked nicely and i got the gil back. so there is some good people out there believe it or not. btw i tried to buy utsuemi ni at the time. -_-
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8