users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Mission/Quest BCNM close call moments
Mission/Quest BCNM close call moments
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2011-04-10 05:16:07  
Were there any moments where you or your party nearly wiped yet you still won. It can be anything from missions to Maat fights or anything you still remember from those adventures?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2011-04-10 15:22:24  
I remember I had a very hard time beating maat for the first time to break 70 cap on RDM, ended up winning with 4 seconds remaining.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-04-10 15:27:54  
Loong way back when my two of my Rl friends and I were still relatively new to the game we used to do Royal Jelly, however, we didn't have any of the recommended job setups..so we did it our own ghetto way with what we had..

Rdm, Bst, and Pld lol. I'd do the normal grav/bind/etc, while courier carrie did his own weird ***with the jellies, and my two friends just tried to whittle them down asap.

It was alwaysss a close call, but we made it work and it was always fun. Good times :')
 Asura.Selennia
サーバ: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2011-04-10 15:32:57  
Doing moogle add-on final fight for the hundredth time. We had wiped twice, and we only had 3 people who were in a safe spot to get up from second wipe. It was final form, and our surviving members were like whm brd rdm. We managed to beat it with a clear time of 29 minutes and 58 seconds.
 Fenrir.Enternius
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-10 15:36:15  
Lots of Maats, while I was on the road to Maat's Cap. All of my fights were done at LV66 so they were all pretty difficult.

Ignoring Maat, however, because that will be a common response, I distinctly remember duoing the Rank 5-2 BCNM (The one with Archlich Taber'Quoan, one of my favorite names in this game) on MNK/WAR and BRD/WHM. With 2 hours and some very lucky unresisted Elegies, we just barely passed by the skin of our teeth. I think I was the only one that survived and with less than 100 HP on MNK.

There was also the first time I tried soloing the ENM Holy Cow. Thing hits in the 800s at times and I was on SCH so it wasn't quite a good match as far as blood tanking goes >.> It was all going very smoothly until the last 10% when I got an unresisted Bind followed by an unresisted Gravity. Was forced to 2hr and Alacrity-nuke -> Celerity Cure IV for a good 20 seconds, and finally killed it with a Bio II at the end.

And no drops!
 Leviathan.Powerslave
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-04-10 15:37:07  
Bismarck.Zuidar said:
I remember I had a very hard time beating maat for the first time to break 70 cap on RDM, ended up winning with 4 seconds remaining.

Maat took a dump on my face twice when I was trying to do it with the sleep>nuke strategy. First time I ALMOST killed him, second time he resisted sleep, ran at me like a mad man and punched the ***out of my kidneys.

Then I decided to go with the CS Nuke strat, Slept him, debuffed, CS nuked the crap out of him, sleep again, convert, used a bunch of hi potions, then nuked again, survived with 38hp and dia II on me lol.
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-04-10 15:41:44  
Doing the behemoth ks99.. died the first time because of meteor.. got up and finish it at exactly 30 mins xD

clicked chest got treasure but still booted like i timed out ;p
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-04-10 16:19:23  
The Alexander fight, we all wiped at 1%, then someone RR'd and used Predator Claws, which was enough to kill him.

Also, when I was doing this other fight (for ToAU) we died, and Bio killed the boss, but we had to click on the door after the fight (or something like this) and none of us had Reraise, so we had to march out there... again... to get the cutscene. And those far-away ToAU zones are not fun to get to.
 Fenrir.Enternius
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-10 16:21:39  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said:
The Alexander fight, we all wiped at 1%, then someone RR'd and used Predator Claws, which was enough to kill him.

:D
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-11 03:57:12  
Got 2.

First on was the last ACP fight. Setup was WAR, BLU (me), RDM, RDM/DRK DRG, RDM. Everything was going fine until the last 10% or so. WAR and me both get charmed, and from there everything is going to ***. We get it down to 1%, 5/6 of us down, and charm barely wears off. I run in and spam the Big 3 spells and win. Honestly we probably would have wiped if not for the fact that getting charmed fills your MP to full. I was nearly out before I got charmed.

Second one was tonight against Ogopogo. No big problems until about 2% or so. We give up on proc'ing blue so we decide to finish it, Ogopogo does Tidal Wave at 1% and wiped all but one or two of us. Those two start dying, but one of the NINs has AoA, gets up and does Blade: Jin and kills it. Little too close for comfort for me, but the wipe was our own fault, too many were close to the NM.
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-04-11 04:54:20  
Way back in the day I caught a /shout for Storms of Fate (Bv.1),
at the time I only had BLM. Entered with a full alliance
and things went fairly well until the last few percent when he wiped all DDs
and mages who were in range, leaving me and like some WHMs and a BRD.
I launched a nuke that put him at 1%ish, stunned and drained ftw.

The entire ally was happy as ***and after all these years
I can still think back to that and remind myself why I play this game.
I know there is more but that has really always been the story I remember,
probably because the game was still so new and exciting.
Now-a-days I go straight to figuring out what went wrong
and how it can be done better, my innocence is gone lol.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-04-11 05:24:19  
5/6 people dying to alexander @ 1%. BLM goes down, RR's then drains and we win... I almost cried I was so happy D:... (Seems to be a common occurance, glacing back through the thread T_T)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-11 05:49:54  
Me and a BLM friend (Both 75, me as RDM) Were duoing ODS, sleeps weren't sticking well anymore, they woke up in his mid -aga cast, it went off right as they hit and killed him. They died, we got the ring.

Then there's plenty of close calls for us in Come into my Parlor.. On average we'd have a close call about every 3rd run, either our timing on sleep/nuking would get ***, one of our sneaks would start wearing off waaay before we were rested enough to deal with the babies, or the babies would wake up right when he started casting. Most of the time we beat it.

Then there was this

Tank was dead, most everyone was dead in fact, all that was left (All with almost no MP) was Me on BLU, Mini on WHM and the SMN. We were all in pretty bad shape health wise as well (pretty sure the three of us were all in red), at the last minute he casts dia on it and it dies.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-04-11 05:51:37  
WHM Maat 1/1. He got me to 45 HP though, and I was spamming benediction, wondering why the heck it wasn't going off. Was cause I had won.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-11 05:54:16  
Had a few close calls on Charybdis back in the day.
 Odin.Headstrong
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-04-11 06:16:03  
doing CoP Ouryu fight back in the days when CoP was still hard and my only job was BST ~.~
fight was horrible with some friends, some random ppl and after some spike flail action me and my pet were the last ones still standing
won the fight with like 40hp while everyone else was already discussing new battle strategies ><;
fun times ^_^ for once the lolbst was the hero of the day