フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage for Alexandrite Farming
Salvage for Alexandrite Farming
 Fenrir.Mesic
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-04-27 23:27:41  
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
That's all bhaflau, I said do silver sea! Anyways, the spikes break from any type of magic damage including en-effects, spikes, skillchains, nukes.

The ramparts are all luck. I've heard all sorts of stories like moon phase or game day or killing extra mobs before entering makes it spawn more often, but pretty much luck.

It is usually prudent to kill off the rampart at no less than 50% remaining if no NM has spawned if you want to do other floors and still have time to farm and do the boss (especially if wind weather will hinder you on 4th floor).

Also if a NM happens to pop you should stay until 0% because 99% of the time at least 2 will pop and I have seen up to 8.

yea maybe if the boss didn't charm the whole 3 man pt and all the undead hp aggro wasn't annoying as hell
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-27 23:30:07  
Use this guide and neither of those things will be problems:
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Silver_Sea_Remnants_Guide
[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-04-28 06:56:39  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

The guide claims 4 cotton pouches drop, I see the ones for floors 1,2,4 but so im guessing the 4th one is on floor 3, is it gyroscopic gears and the 0% is just a typo? if so how exactly is he popped. killing every gear on the floor?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-28 07:03:29  
Fenrir.Mesic said: »

The guide claims 4 cotton pouches drop, I see the ones for floors 1,2,4 but so im guessing the 4th one is on floor 3, is it gyroscopic gears and the 0% is just a typo? if so how exactly is he popped. killing every gear on the floor?

enter, go west. kill 6 fomor pop NM=> purse.

port, go SE, kill all the fomor pop nm-> purse

port, go NE, kill all the gear pop nm-> purse

port, go north, kill all the ramparts, pop rampart, let it spawn nm -> purse.

i'm not sure what's so confusing on the wiki sites, granted i havent read them myself since ive memorized the zone, but its been recommended twice.
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-04-28 07:17:54  
does dakka and single gyroscopic gear drop purse?
 Bahamut.Kyawind
サーバ: Bahamut
user: kyahaha
By Bahamut.Kyawind 2012-04-28 07:20:53  
actually the 2x gyro gear NM drops a purse but not 100% drop rate, on a side note i'll pop on a screenshot next time that dam thing drops a alex pouch, as it can drop up to 2 single pieces of alex also from it also
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-28 07:22:39  
Ramuh.Yarly said: »
does dakka and single gyroscopic gear drop purse?

they do at an extremely low drop rate. it's low enough that i might second guess myself (since they're not done often) but iirc, i've seen them drop.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-28 07:23:33  
Bahamut.Kyawind said: »
actually the 2x gyro gear NM drops a purse but not 100% drop rate, on a side note i'll pop on a screenshot next time that dam thing drops a alex pouch, as it can drop up to 2 single pieces of alex also from it also

2x as in the 3x gear? if that's what you mean, then proof please. i've done enough SSR that' im quite confident it's 100%.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-28 19:09:50  
Well,

Gyroscopic Gear is different than Gyroscopic Gears. I added another 100% to make it clearer.

I have never seen Gyroscopic Gear/Dekka/Jakko drop a pouch, and I have done that path enough times to have four pairs of Skadi hands and Marduk feet. Could someone confirm it?
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-04-29 02:41:19  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

enter, go west. kill 6 fomor pop NM=> purse.

port, go SE, kill all the fomor pop nm-> purse

port, go NE, kill all the gear pop nm-> purse

port, go north, kill all the ramparts, pop rampart, let it spawn nm -> purse.

i'm not sure what's so confusing on the wiki sites, granted i havent read them myself since ive memorized the zone, but its been recommended twice.

My questions from the guide so of course I've visited what was recommended...
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-05-13 04:49:14  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Quiznor said: »
I'm really new to trying out salvage, from what I've read here you wanna camp nms, im guessing this means around mobs that are constantly re spawning? where are these exact spots in BR or AR? Do you basically just stick to one room and farm there for the entirety, and near the end make way for the boss? How does it go.

Died a little inside when I read this

Wheres that mythic yo!

cause salvage guide's were born in our head to the rest of us lol. im rereading this thread and its funny how much you, hohen, seem bent (vie your likes) on trying to be a smart*** to me. lol whats your problem? you even fail at the end there

and dont take it the wrong way, idc or am i offended, it just makes me laugh cause its cute in its own video game nerdom way, but i was just curious if it actually had any reason outside of an attempt to feel elite-like cool.