Caladabolg Build.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Caladabolg Build.
Caladabolg Build.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-24 21:38:58  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
There's some improvement to be made here. Stupid Phobos's Cuirass won't drop from the Chariot
I feel your pain Zicdeh, I had to wait 6 months to get that body so I could finally complete Ares..
... I bet you guys got morri all the time didn't you? My group got on average 1.3-1.5 ares peices each LBC. Most of them being cuirass... but took 33 wings to get morri body :(
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-24 21:40:21  
Would shadow mantle be a viable option for Torcleaver on darksday, just a suggestion, I just realised it packed 20 vit :o
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-24 21:41:33  
how many drk's just changed their merits to 5/5 muted soul?
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-24 21:42:03  
Oh, it's probably worth mentioning for all the Torcleaver Hopefuls, but little known fact.

In Abyssea-Attohwa, the Large Gold Crates can drop an Augmented pair of versa mufflers. These can be augmented with up to +5 VIT, making them the best Torcleaver option, given their attack boost as well.

I point this out, mostly because we don't know how the Synergy boosts to existing gear will play out, and, Ares Guantles, are a Bhaflau Remnants drop, and While the drop rate for the item may be boosted, the pop rate for the NM, remains lower than a snarky analogy will allow for accurate description.

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
There's some improvement to be made here. Stupid Phobos's Cuirass won't drop from the Chariot
I feel your pain Zicdeh, I had to wait 6 months to get that body so I could finally complete Ares..
... I bet you guys got morri all the time didn't you? My group got on average 1.3-1.5 ares peices each LBC. Most of them being cuirass... but took 33 wings to get morri body :(

Actually, we got shafted on Double Ea's Brais or Hands, I forget which, we'd see two Vowels next to eachother and log out. Out of 14 runs, we got one Bobd's robe.

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:

I'm not entirely sold on Muted Soul. Hate caps so fast anyway, I think I'd rather just have the option to boost my accuracy if something irritating comes along, like that flame skimmer.

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Would shadow mantle be a viable option for Torcleaver on darksday, just a suggestion, I just realised it packed 20 vit :o

With Last Resort up, yes. Maybe without, we'd need some TL;DR math for that.
 Caitsith.Jar
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2011-04-24 21:42:45  

lol i did
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-24 21:46:55  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Oh, it's probably worth mentioning for all the Torcleaver Hopefuls, but little known fact.

In Abyssea-Attohwa, the Large Gold Crates can drop an Augmented pair of versa mufflers. These can be augmented with up to +5 VIT, making them the best Torcleaver option, given their attack boost as well.

I point this out, mostly because we don't know how the Synergy boosts to existing gear will play out, and, Ares Guantles, are a Bhaflau Remnants drop, and While the drop rate for the item may be boosted, the pop rate for the NM, remains lower than a snarky analogy will allow for accurate description.

Tbh I'm really afraid they're going to mess up the whole synergy augment deal.

What if you augment your item and then find out some better ingredients have just been introduced, what if the synergist blows the machine up, what if there's a way for him to steal the item, what if even the best augments possible really suck, what if SE will never stop trolling us every now and then!?!?

/shakes in fear
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-24 21:49:30  
None of your concerns are relevant.

You can't lose materials in a Synergy. Only the Player who puts the item in may interact with said item (IE retrieve it), The augments can be overwritten at will, and you don't even need synergy skill to upgrade, though it helps.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-24 21:51:49  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
None of your concerns are relevant.

You can't lose materials in a Synergy. Only the Player who puts the item in may interact with said item (IE retrieve it), The augments can be overwritten at will, and you don't even need synergy skill to upgrade, though it helps.

Let's hope they don't change everything you know then!!!!! :D

Time to log off, I'll let you know if I can find a GS, night.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-24 22:07:23  
I don't see the point tbh. It only matters before you cap hate if you're at the top of the hate list, and at the hate cap it will likely do nothing at all. If you're tanking, it could be detrimental in some situations. I don't see much use for it outside kclub zergs, which are long dead.
 Phoenix.Infernoflame
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Infernoflame 2011-04-25 00:34:35  
Has anyone switched there merits over VIT instead of STR? Would that be a good thing or bad to help out for Torcleaver?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-25 00:44:14  
Phoenix.Infernoflame said:
Has anyone switched there merits over VIT instead of STR? Would that be a good thing or bad to help out for Torcleaver?
think it would be a good thing for torcleaver...but if u got other jobs like sam or w/e ur gimping it. also it will gimp scythe D:
 Lakshmi.Seoha
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-04-25 07:45:29  
This Last Resort buff has me excited Zic!
But SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY !!!!

Wonder how the update will turn it out to be . . .
Hopefully we became omfg now!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-25 07:54:20  

I think that's a terrible idea in the long run. I haven't noticed a vast enough difference in ws damage with vit to warrent that merit change. Also, if and when fSTR isn't capped you'd be losing out big. Couple that with the fact that (albeit small difference) STR helps tp phase to some extent, while VIT does not. I don't see this as more than a sidegrade at best.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-25 08:27:10  

That's probably a bad idea. Going full STR not only helps multiple jobs (Including DRK) but it also means that you can just stack more VIT for Torcleaver through gear without worry to FSTR.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-25 09:40:15  
any way to make pld a viable DD with caladbolg? would the -str on martial gear affect it even with atmas?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-04-25 11:52:33  
Koenig is a horrible idea, why would you even consider it? PLD has access to just as much STR/VIT hybrid gear as DRK, hell the af3 hands have 11 STR and VIT.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-25 16:08:06  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Koenig is a horrible idea, why would you even consider it? PLD has access to just as much STR/VIT hybrid gear as DRK, hell the af3 hands have 11 STR and VIT.
I was planning on using the af3+2 hands for sure, was just wondering if some of the martial gear was any good
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-25 16:12:04  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
I was planning on using the af3+2 hands for sure, was just wondering if some of the martial gear was any good

Unfortunately no. Not only does Torcleaver have a VIT mod but it also relies heavily on Attack, so replacing a spot that could potentially be occupied by Ares (which has good STR, VIT and Attack bonuses) with Koenig would be a downgrade.

PLD has natively high VIT and STR but severely lacks in Attack, so even the - STR is going to affect you more than you'd want it to.
You can get some better VIT stuff in certain armor slots, but try not to give up on STR or Attack while doing so.
 Sylph.Rorrick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-04-25 17:11:07  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Have a little more faith, assuming they don't nerf Desperate Blows, we become the most powerful Melee fighter outside of Soul Voice'd Marches.

The Bandwagon is rollin' and we have to take our rightful place at the front!

Not really.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-25 17:20:21  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Have a little more faith, assuming they don't nerf Desperate Blows, we become the most powerful Melee fighter outside of Soul Voice'd Marches.

The Bandwagon is rollin' and we have to take our rightful place at the front!

Not really.

Haters gon' hate.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-25 17:38:59  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Inb4 SE says: Desperate Blows will end at the 1 minute mark after Las Resort is used.

Which is still an improvement and highly likely lol.

Yeah, I'll be honest, I'm still holding my breath.

The only reason I think it "Might" not happen, is just the overall haste cap. Leaving Desperate blows on makes Last Resort different than Berserk, but doesn't really "Break" anything in the game.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-04-25 18:01:01  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Inb4 SE says: Desperate Blows will end at the 1 minute mark after Las Resort is used.

Which is still an improvement and highly likely lol.

Yeah, I'll be honest, I'm still holding my breath.

The only reason I think it "Might" not happen, is just the overall haste cap. Leaving Desperate blows on makes Last Resort different than Berserk, but doesn't really "Break" anything in the game.
You think so Zic?
I mean... I really want this to happen but I'm also trying to be fair.
When I think about it... last resort lasting for 180 secs, and under that 180 secs the Desperate Blows trait is active ...
man think about it! It's a shiton of damage. I really mean.. a SHITON if the DRK is well geared, knows what to do (think about 5 hits, which makes my Caladbolg cry a bit).

I heavily appreciate what SE is doing for us, however I can't stop but think that either Desperate Blows will last the first 30 secs, or if not, they'll nerf it in the next update~
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-04-25 18:17:42  
Not sure what the big deal is. With double march, desperate blows is only a 8.5% increase in attack speed (71.5 to 80). Granted that's a big increase at that level, it's not enough to need to be "nerfed." DRK still doesn't even come close to a most DDs in terms of damage with a BRD in the mix. If you don't believe me, the math is posted on BG under the job adjustment topic. Inc rate downs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-25 18:19:01  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Not sure what the big deal is. With double march, desperate blows is only a 8.5% increase in attack speed (71.5 to 80). Granted that's a big increase at that level, it's not enough to need to be "nerfed." DRK still doesn't even come close to a most DDs in terms of damage with a BRD in the mix. If you don't believe me, the math is posted on BG under the job adjustment topic. Inc rate downs.
That 8.5% increase in attack speed (5.5% if your BRD has +2 hands) is a ~40% (25%) increase in DPS.

I haven't read the thread since last night, but if you're talking about Kirschy's posts she has a pocket Ghorn. She's only getting maybe 2.5% haste out of this, which is a ~10% increase at that level before accounting for any gear haste she could trade out (which is small gains at best). Like she said, it's great for most DRKs but not a huge deal for her.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-25 18:43:55  
for pld, you guys said that martial gear would suck
but would this work?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-25 18:54:44  
Centaurus over Brutal doesn't sound like a good swap to me.

If Koenig diechlings is what you currently have as only option, I guess it'd have to do in place of an empty spot.
I may be overshooting, but seeing how even Tumbler trunks can be worn by PLD and offer 18 Attack though, I'd probably still go for them instead of Koenig.

I'd honestly keep aiming for something better though, like Ares or even heca legs.

I wonder what the best sub would be for PLD in this case, WAR for Berserk/Warcry maybe?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-04-25 19:32:56  
Just got bored and did the math on it. Centaurus should probably beat brutal up to around 1k attack. DA loses a little when the main hit is such high FTP like torcleaver is.

Tumbler/heca are probably best bet. Considering drk's essentially use af3+2 legs for the +23 attack, not really great options here. Inside abyssea at least, STR is probably not too big a deal with cruor buffs and helm/body/hands should just about have enough to cap fstr without any extra.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-25 19:44:18  
Bismarck.Helel said:

Well, actually I kind of said that already. Because of the haste cap, it doesn't "Break" The game. That's why I am hopeful that it won't be nerfed, at the same time, This is SE, and it is DRK, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did. You follow?

It gives us a place, something we never really had before. And since bards aren't a constant, I'm content with that.

A lot of people also forget, as Nightfrye pointed out, how the DPS gain for haste doesn't scale in a linear fashion. The last 5% to the haste cap is about a 25% increase in DPS, which is pretty damn insane, if that's a 5% that only a DRK can get at that moment, then that's closing the gap, and making us suck a lil' less.

Also, people seem to forget Last Resort gives a sizeable attack bonus when merited for potency. Highest avrg Attack score job in the game now.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-04-26 00:36:14  
Why even bother with PLD? The job is so horrid right now outside of CDC/Ochain, and even then its kinda ugh.

Claimed sandworm last night for shits and giggles LS made me go PLD I have no clue why, we ended up zerging the living piss out of King Arthro I felt utterly useless x:

Also yes Mame i'm playing again! Decided to only take a month off! Got my RL stuff squared away fortunately :3

Working on Almace now so I can be a cool BLU like Raen!
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17