New To Leveling Monk - Got Some Tips?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » new to leveling monk - got some tips?
new to leveling monk - got some tips?
 Phoenix.Felonius
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: felonius
By Phoenix.Felonius 2011-04-26 08:43:23  
Hi,

I just started leveling Monk, currently I am at level 16. I have decent H2H skill already from being bored on other jobs, but was wondering what else I should worry about in terms of gear/stats and important pieces I should pickup as I go along, what skills should I worry about capping etc... It seems people are pretty down on guard skill and high on counter...

Thanks for your help.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-26 09:08:09  
Welcome to the world of MNK. MNK was my third job to 75 back in the day so things have changed alot since then. Just make sure to get your Purple Belt quest done so you can get Brown Belt (or just buy one til you quest one). Then work on Black belt. I would suggest trying to get a Wyrm Beard before the update comes around. I hear that ks99 is the worst out of the 3. Seeing as you have plenty of 90's I'm guessing you will be leeching to 90. So endgame stuff to go for is full afv3+2, Atheling Mantle, Black Belt, Epona's, Faith Torque.

If you're a gear swap ***: afv1 body (Chakra macro) afv1 head and feet (focus/dodge), afv1 Hands (boost), afv1+1 legs (counter tanking if you want to max out counter), afv2 hands (Chakra), afv2 body (idle - regen), afv2 feet (macro in for counterstance). Other than the jse gear you want to aim to max out VIT for Chakra. You can play with Guard if you want but as many will tell you "The payoffs are dismal in return."

Best of luck beating things! It's rather fun
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-04-26 09:08:59  
I found this guide invaluable as regards lower level gear when I was levelling MNK on my alt:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Monk_Guide_by_Gisselle
[+]
 Fenrir.Iinfierno
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Iinfierno 2011-04-26 09:15:40  
Dont leech...

What i mean by dont leech, i mean after u hit lv 30 dont burn ur monk
in abyssea, otherwise, why will you losing time posting this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Felonius
サーバ: Phoenix
user: felonius
By Phoenix.Felonius 2011-04-26 09:35:05  
Ok, thanks for the info!

My biggest problem so far with Mnk is that there is a lot of gear I could use on my other low jobs that doesn't equip on monk (like bounding boots etc.) and I am really cramped on inventory space. So I want to know if I can reuse some gear or if using it is pointless because it has the wrong stats on it (like the balance rings...)

I try to play jobs as best as possible, though I didn't used to get into too much gear swap macro's because they always seemed to fail on me, like some pieces would swap and others wouldn't and then I would end up with one piece completely missing or something...

I have a static group that plays once a week and we mostly level jobs, so I probably will not end up leeching. Before Abyssea I had all of my current 90 jobs to 75 except DRK. I don't mind taking things slow and getting my Maat's cap in the process. More than likely I will get to 60ish before heading into Abyssea. I don't want to spend my cruor on keys. I have to be careful with level-sync too though, that messed me up on Drk with Scythe Skill.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-04-26 09:52:21  
If you really like MNK, make obtaining Black Belt and meriting hand to hand skill top priorities.

If you can leech to 90, do it; don't needlessly waste time to "prove" you can do without leeching, no body cares about that in the grand scheme of things.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-26 10:02:17  
Inb4Pchan and his BS ramblings.

Make earth resist build your top priority!
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-04-26 10:06:55  
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
If you really like MNK, make obtaining Black Belt and meriting hand to hand skill top priorities.

If you can leech to 90, do it; don't needlessly waste time to "prove" you can do without leeching, no body cares about that in the grand scheme of things.

This is absolutely the way to go. In the grand scheme no one gives a ***if you PL, Astral Burn, Abyssea burn your jobs anymore. Partly because it's irrelevant but for combat skills, and party because Abyssea doesn't require a whole shitload of skill or concentration. (Abyssea is pretty much the only endgame content that's relevant anymore, except the old NMs that get you a synthetic atma for defeating and perhaps Dynamis for relics...possibly, though Empyrean is still usually better.)
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-26 10:11:05  
Carbuncle.Shokox said:

On a serious note I kinda have to agree with this despite the fact personally for me on my own account im against abys leeching because I dont have many jobs left to lvl so would spoil what little ive got left to do lvling wise. But he makes a good point still overall you may as well aim high for the really important pieces.

However if you are gonna sync east ron much or 55 colibri pty or 63ish colibri few things Id suggest;

Keep purple belt and brown belt if ur sync to 36 east ron a lvl40 brown belt wont do ***.

Keep tilt belt / virtuoso / life belt for ws for same reason as above.

Try get as much acc through gear as possible and use nq kabobs on colibri youll do nice dmg.

Lava/kusha alot of the time if youre having acc issues will be superior to sniper+1 and rajas

Birdbanes rock, piercing doesnt work on ws but if it did mnk sync east ron or 55 pty would see monk do well over 1k raging fists. Still for dot the piercing on banes rapes anything else pre destroyers if ur fighting birds.

Could possibly swap to federation kyahan for attk on ws then back to haste feet, same for belt tilt/virutoso ws then back to haste belt.

Dont be a mnk whos acc blows, used to be main problem that most monks have when leveling.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-26 10:31:21  
k, everything here has been covered.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-26 10:34:21  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
k, everything here has been covered.

Lol I was bored sorry, you could of probably worded what I said better I knew as I typed it.... shall I just wait for Tiger to do it instead?
(goes back to my chloris farming).
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-26 10:35:09  
lol I've logged on like once in the past 2 weeks
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-26 10:48:53  
26/50 still on buds, 5 fangs 17 scales. Going quite slowly tbh im soloing nearly all of it ki wise on blu/whm as I told you I would to begin with. Xzero and Baicas have been a great help tho and you. Only thing I regret when I solo ki farm on blu is seeing duplicate kis I have already go to waste whilst im still tryin for the other kis.

Sry off topic.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-26 10:55:30  
Making progress for what resources you have. Keep it up. Too bad you don't have a second char
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-04-26 10:55:31  
Level from 1-10 solo. Then from 10-30 solo or in a party. Solo or parties work best with a PL.

After 30 bring lots of keys.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
サーバ: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-04-26 11:01:33  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
If you decide to level MNK, try to aim for this; I have tested it many times and have won every parse:

Make sure to full time it too?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nevill
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-26 11:19:10  
Lol'd
 Quetzalcoatl.Soube
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Soube
By Quetzalcoatl.Soube 2011-04-26 12:25:22  
Asura.Alymorel said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
If you decide to level MNK, try to aim for this; I have tested it many times and have won every parse:

Make sure to full time it too?

No Krousis rings? Phail!
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-04-26 12:29:29  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Mnk can't wear the att+10 earring. Other than that seems like a nice set to me.
[+]

Post deleted by User.