フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Ukko's Vs Tachi: Fudo
Ukko's Vs Tachi: Fudo
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-09 09:26:31  
Leviathan.Syagin said:
I appreciate all the opinions but... Is anyone going to actually post anything relevant to the actual thread? All I asked for is actual screen shot if possible so I... better yet "we" can get a visual if not that's cool.

You made a thread called "A VS. B" and you want people to honestly believe that you expected ZERO drama in the thread? Especially on any site pertaining to FFXI. You might as well have made a "these jobs are better than blu" and got mad when Draylo posted.

Welcome to FFXIAH. Enjoy your stay.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-09 09:29:53  
Leviathan.Syagin said:
All I asked for is actual screen shot

alright, i assume now with that statement in mind that you're one of those people that think highest ws damage != best damage period

better get back to your war/thf sa ukko' fury spamming then
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2011-05-09 09:33:55  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Leviathan.Syagin said:
I appreciate all the opinions but... Is anyone going to actually post anything relevant to the actual thread? All I asked for is actual screen shot if possible so I... better yet "we" can get a visual if not that's cool.

You made a thread called "A VS. B" and you want people to honestly believe that you expected ZERO drama in the thread? Especially on any site pertaining to FFXI. You might as well have made a "these jobs are better than blu" and got mad when Draylo posted.

Welcome to FFXIAH. Enjoy your stay.
Oh don't get me wrong i.d.c about the drama portion, The gibberish is what people do and that's cool but was hoping that we could get a few relevant post in-between.
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-05-09 09:51:39  
jinpu > all... a pearl sam told me it must be true.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-09 09:54:30  
I don't personally take pictures of my weaponskill damage, as it's not my cup of tea.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-09 09:55:15  
Well anyways, DRK is the new boss now, so bow down to the dark knights!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-09 09:55:21  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I don't personally take pictures of my weaponskill damage, as it's not my cup of tea.

^

only did when it mattered, i.e 3.4k pentas in einherjar against triple bats in 2009
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2011-05-09 09:56:13  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I can respect that D.F, can't say that I do also.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2011-05-09 10:01:22  
Well seeming as this thread is a bust... how are the other impy weapons coming along? seems like all we are hearing about is the same ol ones everyday.
 Bismarck.Sixo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: sixo
By Bismarck.Sixo 2011-05-09 10:07:38  
My ukkos vary greatly outside of abyssea, anywhere from 1.5-4.5k on what used to be hard NMs at 75. I'd have to say average is around about 2.4k but that is eyeballing.

Inside abyssea anywhere from 1.5-6k with the odd 7k+ spikes. Did isgebind last night and all my ukkos were 2.5k~
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-05-09 10:08:08  
Imps don't use weapons... silly Leviathan
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-09 10:08:47  
Leviathan.Syagin said:
Well seeming as this thread is a bust..

READ it, don't look for screenshots

in other news, on the matter of pointless screenshots

last "true" king behemoth on asura vs. tachi fudo = 2min kill before maint >:(
[+]
 Ramuh.Ragni
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2011-05-09 10:15:41  
I have both weapons.
Ukko;s Fury is much better than Fudo even outside abyssea... WAR also have more offensive JA's (like bloody rage).

I have few Ukko's SS:

I didnt use on these pics Mighty strikes, used food yellow curry bun.

Mad Bomber (yeah i know he takes extra dmg but w/e :p )

T2 VNM

Salvage

Briareus

Einherjar - Blood Rage power ^^

I don't have Fudo ws dmg but there is nothing to show really lol. Nothing special.
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-05-09 10:15:53  
my precioussssssssss

why you no dropppppp
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-09 10:16:42  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:

Bleh. I want that WHead.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-05-09 10:21:24  
Shiva.Khimaira said:

Bleh. I want that WHead.

I lost lot on it. Forever 4/5 :(

Dammit Rhyno, you owe me.... something!
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-05-09 10:25:10  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:

Bleh. I want that WHead.

I lost lot on it. Forever 4/5 :(

Dammit Rhyno, you owe me.... something!

he feels bad cause he meant to pass! but i passed too soon;; so kinda my bad. but i'm sure we'll see more on the quest of the ring of d!
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-05-09 10:29:53  
Asura.Dajociont said:

he feels bad cause he meant to pass! but i passed too soon;; so kinda my bad. but i'm sure we'll see more on the quest of the ring of d!

Eh, it doesn't matter, honestly! Don't want Rhyno to feel bad :o
And yeah, I predict some KS99 spamming in the next few weeks!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-09 10:32:25  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Bleh. I want that WHead.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2011-05-09 10:33:42  
Ramuh.Ragni said:
I have both weapons.
Ukko;s Fury is much better than Fudo even outside abyssea... WAR also have more offensive JA's (like bloody rage).

I have few Ukko's SS:

I didnt use on these pics Mighty strikes, used food yellow curry bun.

Mad Bomber (yeah i know he takes extra dmg but w/e :p )

T2 VNM

Salvage

Briareus

Einherjar - Blood Rage power ^^

I don't have Fudo ws dmg but there is nothing to show really lol. Nothing special.
Good stuff Ragni that's beast.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2011-05-09 10:45:22  
Can anyone top Rag? yes? no? maybe so?
 Unicorn.Crysten
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-05-09 11:58:16  
Unicorn.Strigoi said:
HAHAHAHAHA don't make me laugh. All I ever see inside and outside of abyssea is Ukko war's tearing the ***out of fudo sams. Hence why I started making a Ukon but been busy with other stuff to finish it atm.

You must be playing with some pretty lowpar SAMs if they can't keep up with Ukko's outside Abyssea. :/ Inside it's obviously no contest.

Couple of my Fudo spikes. I'm allowed the stupid damage on the Chigoe in Salvage. :P These are all with the 85 version, I've not really had a chance to use my 90 Masamune outside Abyssea yet.

Pretty much what people have been saying. Fudo is pretty much consistant across the board (my average Fudo tends to hover around 2000-2500 range outside, around 3000-4000 inside) whereas Ukko's can spike like hell when it wants to.
 Fenrir.Didgist
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-05-09 12:17:27  
Ramuh.Ragni said:
I have both weapons.
Ukko's Fury is much better than Fudo even outside abyssea... WAR also have more offensive JA's (like bloody rage).
 Phoenix.Bleube
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Bleube
By Phoenix.Bleube 2011-05-09 19:05:33  
pretty sure we came to a conclusion?

ukkos > fudo
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-09 19:09:40  
I'm still not sure outside with lower dDEX and no extra crit rate VS SAM's naturally high WS frequency.

The new mobs will determine which is more "reliable" since WAR's WS set will see some noticeable variations
By sefalon 2011-05-09 19:16:02  
I have Fudo and im not impressed so I am working on a different EMPY. What do you think would be the best one 2 make? Would WAR still be it? I dont have monk on main so that 1 is out.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-05-09 19:16:06  
Even if Fudo is superior to Ukkos (if it is, it'll probably be a fairly insignificant amount), WAR DoT will completely make up the difference and more.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-05-09 19:17:19  
Odin.Sheelay said:
I'm still not sure outside with lower dDEX and no extra crit rate VS SAM's naturally high WS frequency. The new mobs will determine which is more "reliable" since WAR's WS set will see some noticeable variations
After abyssea, there are some pretty good combo STR/DEX pieces (Twilight helm/maybebody, AF3+2 hands off the top of my head) out there though which makes it a little easier to gear outside even.

I've also seen JP testing which seems to indicate that even at 100% TP, ukko's crit rate is pretty highly boosted. The sample size isn't super high though, has anyone else looked into this?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-05-09 19:25:05  
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ukko's has higher maximum damage, Fudo is more consistent, not having to rely on a crit, though has it's own drawback of being more likely to miss entirely than a 2 hit.
Pretty much this^ Looking at fudo averaging higher than 3.81 ftp esp with the earring, while ukko averaging around 3.55ftp. Fudo sam has more str in gear over war(probably 20-30 more str, thats 10-15wsc more). Fudo sam also gets 19% ws dmg increase, although having DDs spread around the mob could hurt your ws average if the mob isnt facing you during ws. What ukko has going for it is that it can crit, has bloodrage but thats only up 20% of the time, and it has restraint, which is only up 50% of the time. Like Darka said, Ukko has a better spike damage but Fudo has more consistant damage.
Hmm, I'm not seeing 20-30 STR unless you're sacrificing a lot of attack, but even with that much, it's still not quite making up the difference in base dmg between the two. War also gets berserk more often than a sam would as well as slightly higher DA rate from gear.

They're pretty close certainly but just looking at the numbers I'm pretty sure if you're talking about average ws dmg, ukko's will come out on top. Overall ws dmg should still go to sam due to frequency of course but that's balanced by dot favoring war so in the end it'll probably come out to the player more than the weapons, lol.