Breath Of Fresh Air

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » Breath of Fresh Air
Breath of Fresh Air
By Heavenschild 2011-05-09 15:22:20  
Just wanted to say to all the Siren players that i'm very much looking forward to meeting a lot of new people! I think this is a very welcome change to "old" ways. It's new! It's fresh! it's upbeat! I like that :)
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-05-09 15:24:09  
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-09 15:24:52  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
By Heavenschild 2011-05-09 15:28:49  
I don't mind being the prince if that's what your implying lmao
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-05-09 15:32:19  
Here's a little insight in what to expect with your server merge from someone who's been through one already (Seraph > Bismarck). At first, the newbies are thrilled about being in another server until they realize it looks exactly the same as their old one (I know, shocker!). Optimism first occurs, but there is an underlying tone in the air as you get people who purposefully change their names to Joeschmosiren. Server pride, yo!

Then, Linkshells begin to clash as event times collide. Some people may be working with other shells during the merger and prior to in order to smoothen things out a bit. Unfortunately, as we have douchebags in every Server, there will be a shell or two that will screw things up and create a general disarray (>.>). Frustration mounts and Siren people suddenly think your entire Server is filled with these people.

Pride flares and you have people refusing to play with anyone from their separate servers for a while. "{Siren} {Player} {No thanks}."

However, in a few months, people start realizing that this is a waste of time and breath as numbers continue to dwindle, and soon enough Siren players stop associating themselves with Siren and end up getting along with the others, and after a few months they begin to forget that Siren ever really existed. Sure, there's a choice few that still will have their loyalties, etc. But for the most part, eventually things are just peachy keen. Until the next server merge. O.o

;tldr version:

Drama, drama, drama; time heals all wounds.
By Heavenschild 2011-05-09 16:04:10  
Hahaha ya, I personally am not thrilled about the look, as you said, it looks exactly the same. I am however not looking forward to the clashing of event times as the new and old LS's collide. It's gonna suck for awhile i'm sure, but eventually it'll merge into something that works. I can certainly understand where the LS's and their respective leaders are coming from: Linkshell X "We were here first, this is our server, we will continue to do LS events at the same time we always have.", Linkshell Y "Just because SE decided to send us to a new server doesn't mean we need to change our event times, we'll do them at the same time we always have." Neither of them are wrong honestly, who's to blame? SE of course! They're always to blame lol.

What I would hope most from our brother and sisters on Siren is, again, it wasn't our decision to switch over to the Siren server, SE made us do it, so if your angry or frustrated, don't blame us, blame SE ;p
 Siren.Kvadrat
サーバ: Siren
user: Kvadrat
By Siren.Kvadrat 2011-05-09 16:28:48  
I wouldn't say that
there was 1700+ people when i logged out yesterday. when i started there were around 4000 people on server, i never really noticed the difference. A bit more competition won't hurt us, those who doing emp weapons been at it with JP players staying until 5pm+ our time or logging in at 5-.- ... and jp always did provide the toughest challenge!!

Nothing of this is new to us, there may be some discomfort, time would need for a feeling of 5 shells competing for same pop instead of 2 or 3

Server pride is a bit farfetched for my understanding, annoying people will join the ranks for 30+ rmt players on my blist, fun people will be in my good graces, that's it.

P.S. i killed diabolos 7 times in Abyssea Grauberg, he gave me 7 colourless souls, hope not all you people that stingy^^
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-05-09 16:42:23  
Siren.Kvadrat said:
I wouldn't say that
there was 1700+ people when i logged out yesterday. when i started there were around 4000 people on server, i never really noticed the difference.

Wow dude, for real?

Diabolos has anywhere from 700 to 1200 players online at any given time, usually averaging about 900+ most times.

Now, I've had a mule on Siren since a couple hours after they first announced the server merge... had to save my linkshell's name lol Every time I've checked it, though, there's been about the same population as Diabolos at around 1000 people or so online.

1700 is a lot of people... 4000 is astronomical, I've not heard of a server population this high since like 2005 lol

If that's true... I'm looking forward to this merge even less now than I ever was before.
 Siren.Hastur
サーバ: Siren
user: Hastur
By Siren.Hastur 2011-05-10 11:08:37  
After midnight CST there were 4270 people on Siren. Our JP population was always bigger and must be the same for Diabolos.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-05-11 12:21:01  
yeah our JP population was way larger on Diabolos.