Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Monk's Maat Fight
Monk's Maat Fight
First Page 2
By mastermago 2011-05-10 23:08:19  
I need tips xD I've lost against him too many times now.

Current gear
H2H-Shiva's Claws on Iceday
Head-Wivre Mask
Neck-PCC
Earings -minuet and hiem earing
Body- Scorp harness
Hands - O kotes
Rings - Victory Ring and Unyielding Ring
Back - Arment Mantle +1
Belt - Brown Belt
Pants - jujitsu Sitabaki
Boots - Marine M Boots

Sleep to 100% Tp, run in, pop a bream sushi, focus, dodge, chi blast, howling fist, fight til im 100%, using vile exilir and vile elixir +1 on the way, howling fist again, icarus wing, howling fist.

Wiki strats generally say if you live long enough to do the 3rd howling fist you should win there. Im living long enough to do it, im just not hitting hard enough to kill him, tips please? :D

I think I should also note that this is my first Maat fight, and im pretty tight on money after using so many vile elixirs on failed attempts.
 Alexander.Odaka
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-05-10 23:15:44  
A macro where the moment you engage (after boosting a set number of times and buffing) you unleash Howling Fist, with the added damage from x number of boosts you want?

no clue, haven't done maat fight but just a suggestion

edit: -------------------^ for monk lol
 Phoenix.Booklopedia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: EjinXI
By Phoenix.Booklopedia 2011-05-10 23:17:17  
Are your skills for hand-to-hand capped?
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 23:17:35  
I'm by no means an expert on monk, nor do i know what kind of modifiers you need on howling fist.

But I'd swap out your rings for sniper's rings at least for tp. You can't be acc capped with that gear, even with sushi. better acc will allow you to do more dot dmg and build tp faster.
By Rahjan 2011-05-10 23:17:39  
Took me 3 or 4 tries on monk as well. Everyone told me to go in and just kick his ***. I found going in and just focus on staying alive it was too easy. Even did the same strat on my mule and it was easy.

for gear i can't remember what I used for the most part, but a few items I do remember was the SH+1, crosscounters, blink band @ start, and I think I even used a jack o lantern for the evasion boost.

It's really not that bad of a fight, but be patient and don't panic and you'll get it.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 23:22:30  
Maybe strike subligar for your pants.
By mastermago 2011-05-10 23:28:56  
So can anyone just give me a super quick rundown on what they would change on my setup and strat? xD
 Ragnarok.Zanno
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-05-10 23:29:38  
Blink band and stoneskin torque helps a lot.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 23:29:40  
where do you pop 100 fists? or does he counter too much?

EDIT: also as much as you don't want to hear it, gear really plays a huge role in these fights. If you have good gear he won't be able to keep up with your dmg.
By mastermago 2011-05-10 23:33:17  
I use hundred fists at the start of the fight. Point if to be able to use howling fist #2 when he uses hundred fists, and howling fist #3 right after to beat him. Can only live a few seconds after he uses it before you lose.

And I get gear is a major part of the fight, I just can't afford it xD

Any gil farming tips while your at it? :P
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 23:35:29  
Tree cuttings in zitah still have to be good money
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-05-10 23:47:37  
Putting up counterstance at the beginning of the fight should be enough to get you the win. It might also be easier if you don't TP before hand as wsing him tends to cause him to HF right away. Just go in with HF up, WS as it comes up and wing -> WS when he HF's.
By mastermago 2011-05-10 23:50:01  
I tried to counterstance at the start of the fight once, but he totally wrecked me in almost no time. :/
By mastermago 2011-05-10 23:59:54  
Any thoughts on this?

If I wore Aikido Koshita (+2 counter) And managed to track down a pair of Cross-Counters, and used counterstance, could it make a difference in the fight?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-05-11 00:05:25  
I dunno, maybe you just got unlucky. I did it fine with that strat on 2 different chars, both at 66 mnk. I'd say just try again with counterstance, it's in general a more reliable strat not to mention uses less meds, hehe.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-05-11 00:05:35  
I remember being told having counterstance up was bad going into fight maat.

I had a really tough time with MNK Maat. I ended up going 1/5 I think, and the 5th time I think it was more luck than anything else.

Slept till 100%, I think I charged up 10 or so boosts for chi blast, WS, Icy win, WS, 2 hour, WS, etc. I don't think I used viles or anything, they took too much time.

It's been a while though :/
By mastermago 2011-05-11 00:11:32  
Im thinkin i'll give counterstance another shot tomorrow, can't do more then wait some of my time right?
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-05-11 00:13:58  
Good luck!
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-05-11 00:14:36  
I also feel like I pesronally used mithkabobs for the fight since I figured acc would be ok with focus up, I can't say for sure though since it was a while ago. You have H2H capped I assume?
By mastermago 2011-05-11 00:15:51  
Yeah, im level 68 with h2h capped
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-11 00:20:33  
I found it to work best by doing this.

Sleep to 100% TP, boost 12 times, turn away, chi blast, pop 2hr, turn to face him, ws, wait until 100 tp, ws, Iccy Wing, ws.

Very important in those last steps. If you do 2 ws early off, he'll HF you early and probably kill you. If you wait after your first ws and hit him then ws 2x, you'll probably kill him before he starts fisting you.

I managed to do it without counterstance. Taking less damage really helped.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-05-11 00:21:37  
Yeah, if your next try doesn't work out, you could maybe try meat of some sort too, either way, good luck on your next try, hehe.
By mastermago 2011-05-11 00:23:45  
I havn't been boosting 12 times before I chi blast, how much does it help?
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-11 00:23:55  
Oh, I used howling fist as well. Also, make sure you engage him and turn away when you CB, then 2hr, then face him.

@master. A little bit. Just make sure you count your boosts and apply them really fast so it doesn't wear off. You may get a couple hundred more damage, but I really don't know since I haven't tested damage difference between boosts.
By mastermago 2011-05-11 00:25:57  
A couple hundred may be all I need xD
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-05-11 00:32:09  
It does more dmg but it also tends to make him do hundred fists immediately which can be bad, lol. If you start off with hundred fists but no extra super boosted chi blast or opo opo'ed WS, he'll tend to not do HF until right around when you get TP, you can then immediately WS, wing, WS and at that point he should either be done or another few hits afterwards should be enough.
By mastermago 2011-05-11 00:35:45  
This is a pain in the butt xD All to beat up an old man.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-05-11 09:13:13  
I went through the same kind of thing. He kept owning me if I started off with a ws. When I won, I didn't do the Opo-opo necklace. It's been a while, but I think it went like this:

Boost x11, Chi Blast
Engage, WS at 100 tp
Hundred Fists
WS when ready
Done

Hundred Fists wore off when I was back in my MH, and although I used a Vile Elixir, I didn't need it. Compared to the 3-4 failures before that, the fight was shockingly easy. Maybe that's the trouble for you, too. I seriously had to just get a few tries under my belt to get comfortable there, and eventually it paid off. If you can farm testimonies easily enough, maybe you could just try some practice runs where you don't even consider using wings or elixirs. I wish I would have!!

Good luck!
 Asura.Katniss
サーバ: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-05-11 09:17:10  
I did that fight as Lv 66 MNK with crappy gear / gimp skills... had no fun leveling MNK and was one of the last 3 jobs i needed for maat's cap.

All I did was Opo Necklace -> 100 % TP. Do a few boosts, use squid sushi, run in, WS, use wing, WS, 2 hour. And use a blink band.

i beat him 1/1 with like 80% HP left.
 Asura.Izilder
サーバ: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2011-05-11 09:22:22  
i done this fight 2/2 both at lvl 66. The thing i found with Maats in general when i going for the Cap was - the lower his HP the harder he hits... so plan around that fact.

in pretty much all the fights i would get him down to about 80 % no WS ... then use a med and make sure your at 100 % HP and then go all out - 2 hour and get off as many WS as you can as fast as you can ...

blink band (not really needed) + i wing + op neck + HP med

GL
First Page 2