The Days Of Our PDT Builds Numbered?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of our PDT builds numbered?
The days of our PDT builds numbered?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Valefor.Forgotten
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 04:20:47  
Its 5am and I feel the need to b**** about something to get it off my mind before I sleep. Maybe I'm just being tarded because I *just* got my beastmaster fully capped (all my merits done, decent gear, partial pdt set) and worked my rear off gearing it and its nearing my goal of -90% pet pdt after atma. If I am I'm sure I'll read about it when I get up.

I knew it was only a matter of time before some twit decided to cry on the official forums and draw attention to the possibility of attaining 100% physical damage reduction. While I could maybe agree that 100% removal of a damage type may be a problem to the developers, the whining tone of it really reeks and its not going to kill a player to wait/pick another target/farm some TE. The world is NOT ending just because somebody is solo'ing something you wanted.

The entire reason they are griping is the bst they saw solo'ing took to long...

Abyssea allows a lot of things not normally possible mainly because of atma and temp items. I don't see threads demanding primeval brew's removal. I don't see anyone complaining about how the right atma and gear combination can effectively give mages infinite mp. But a pet job solo'ing something they can't is this huge a problem. This crap happens anytime any job is able to do something cool. Nerf scissors, buff paper! no buff paper, nerf rock! No wait rock is overpowered! Nerf it and buff scissors!

You know if SE nerfs it they aren't going to just nerf it down to something like 75% either, they'll totally make the effort we put into collecting gear to get closer to 100 into a total waste because ducal guard atma alone will be at the cap if this moron gets their way. If that happens I'm really gonna want some hours of my life back. Recent hours >.<
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-05-11 04:27:34  

Seriously, BST gets the shaft in Abyssea enough as it is, being an unwanted job and all. If they do nerf this, they'll take away the one thing we can do that pretty much no other job can do, -100% PDT (far as I know). Sadly I probably can see it coming, since they didn't let SMNs enjoy it for long either. I'm pretty sure about that, anyways.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-11 04:28:04  
I am reporting this to SE now, your days are numbered.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 04:45:08  
Quick question, is it just that pets bypass the normal 50% cap, or that atma+gear does (ie does ducal guard atma cap a player alone)? I knew pets can go past -50%, I just wasn't clear on the mechanic that allowed that to happen.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-05-11 04:50:55  
It's atma + gear that make it 100%. Far as I know, most -PDT you can get with just atmas, naked in Abyssea, is 75% or so, Ducal Guard, Zenith and Lion for atmas, Stout Servant is 5% -DT. I think that's right. It's almost 5 AM for me, so that could be wrong.
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 05:00:43  
Then if I crammed 50% in gear alone on a melee job slapped on ducal guard and let my hp fall to 50%, I could play god while aoe ambering? See I was under the impression only pets could get past 50% from the complaints I've seen.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-05-11 05:10:26  
Valefor.Forgotten said:
Then if I crammed 50% in gear alone on a melee job slapped on ducal guard and let my hp fall to 50%, I could play god while aoe ambering? See I was under the impression only pets could get past 50% from the complaints I've seen.
off the top of my head, Ducal guard, the one that gives +30% (but also -30hp a tick) zenith, which is +90% +earthstaff = 110% and theres more that players can wear. so it's possible. i don't see why not.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 05:13:24  
bst solo ulhuadshi in 1 hour + or whm and mnk kill in 7 minutes. Yeah I don't know why people complain about you beasts wasting everyone's time. We are a bunch of inconsiderate twits complaining about you soloing wanted things.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-11 05:13:59  
lol why was that post moderated, thought it was funny and true.
 Titan.Halbert
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Halbert 2011-05-11 05:14:58  
Incorrect. DG is -50% DT at 50% hp or lower. Zenith is -20% DT. Earthen Wyrm is also a -10% DT, stack these + any PDT gear and anyone can reach -100% PDT. Its not hard really. Pld could throw on 2 pdt swords, twilight torque, jelly ring, and Nierenschutz and reach the 100% mark.

Why is this such a big deal over pets? Let me have my PDT or give me the ability to Charm in Abyssea.

Edit: Just tested this and players are still capped at 50% and these won't stack like they do for pets. My bad.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 05:15:57  
I don't know, he just deleted it. Apparently if you say any "bad" words its deleted now? I thought this is what filters were for? rofl

go go forums where you can't express yourself in words.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 05:18:23  
This beastmaster mentality of "Let me solo all this stuff with -90% PDT for Pets" is akin to me saying

Let me drive my scooter that tops at 10mph on the 85mph single lane highway. Do you really not understand the problem beasts "Can" and sometimes "do" cause ?

If you weren't preventing a LOT of people from getting stuff done, I wouldn't care. But beasts trying to solo all the popular NMs causes congestion and wasted time.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 05:23:45  
Invite bst and I'll give a crap about your time.

Kidding, I still won't care because you're hostile. Ask SE to make raged NMs bypass -pdt. You know, rage? That thing they made specifically to counter holding an NM?

I don't actually solo like that anyway(would be a waste of my own time) I use my bst to lowman tank while my friends proc and kill. And you'd hate valefor failfor, I've seen alliances take that long...Its the entire reason I started using a bst tank to lowman things. But go ahead keep on generalizing and completely missing the point of concern, which is making all that effort useless with a pdt cap to low instead of to high. Right in the OP I indicated my opinion that less than 100 was fine but 50 was to low.

If I solo an NM you wanted on rdm your time would be just as wasted.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-05-11 05:25:39  
Not everyone can have even 1 person ready to help to kill anything anytime.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 05:46:56  
I've seen a "pet job LS" take over 45 mins. They had dipper tank, and a couple other pets DDing Ulhuadshi. Meanwhile my group and 2 others were facepalming, watching these guys take 45 mins for what we do in less than 5. Your OP was hostile, calling rational people that complain about beasts wasting time as "twits" and telling us that it won't kill us to pick a different mob or do some TEs.

How about all you beasts pick different mobs or go farm TEs and wait for everyone else to finish. I wouldn't care if no one was there and the NM was free. Seems like you just wanted to complain in the bst forums and have all your bst friends agree with you? lol

When someone (me) brings up a very valid and rational response/rebuttal, you dismiss me as hostile and tell me to go talk to SE. This is a forum, where discussions/arguments/debates happen.

edit: I'm not anti-beast per se. I would be equally pissed at some rdm who came and took forever on a mob I was after. I despide dancers and nin/dnc who try to solo stuff in abyssea >.> I usually don't steal NMs, but if some asshat comes and pops in front of me on nin/dnc or dnc, and dies...free NM for me. Same with beast, if you do this to me you better hope it never goes unclaimed >.> Most of the time I would offer to kill it and get you out of my way, depending if you were rude or not.
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-11 05:48:53  
Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
bst solo ulhuadshi in 1 hour + or whm and mnk kill in 7 minutes. Yeah I don't know why people complain about you beasts wasting everyone's time. We are a bunch of inconsiderate twits complaining about you soloing wanted things.

Your an idiot and an ***... There was a time if you saw a rdm soloing in sky or sea you would hit the wall to prevent abarrier and although waiting for him to die still give a grats when he won... More people like you who can now low man nm in one zone and one zone only think you have rights to a nm because your faster... God I hope you quit when the game moves outside abyssea.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 05:57:36  
Valefor.Zolan said:

Your an idiot and an ***... There was a time if you saw a rdm soloing in sky or sea you would hit the wall to prevent abarrier and although waiting for him to die still give a grats when he won... More people like you who can now low man nm in one zone and one zone only think you have rights to a nm because your faster... God I hope you quit when the game moves outside abyssea.

lol. The argument isn't about if I think I have rights to an NM because i'm faster. It is: Should beastmaster be allowed to get 90-100% damage reduction for their pet.

This allows them to slowly slowly slowly whittle an NM down while everyone waits. With this new content there is such a thing called congestion. Having a bunch of beasts with a broken dmg reduction pet trying to kill them can be a problem. Do I think SE intended for bsts to get 90-100% dmg reduction for pets? Idk, probably not. Do I think it should be nerfed? Probably. Your lolbst can only solo these strong NMs in one zone and one zone only...so I don't know what you are talking about. I love how everyone keeps saying "I can't wait til abyssea is over, then all you low man people will suck."

Where does this logic come from? Sure, some people who rely on atmas will suck when moved outside. Am I one of them? No lol. I was a top tier player before abyssea came out, and i'll be one when its over. You act like this game is hard. Pay attention instead of watching american gaydol or whatever it is the people who suck balls watch.
[+]
 Titan.Halbert
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Halbert 2011-05-11 06:01:48  

lol. The argument isn't about if I think I have rights to an NM because i'm faster. It is: Should beastmaster be allowed to get 90-100% damage reduction for their pet.

This allows them to slowly slowly slowly whittle an NM down while everyone waits.

Really? Its not?
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-11 06:03:11  
fine take it, I can solo the same nms on rdm in alot more time... So it would only make you wait longer... That'll show us for taking too long having to take longer... bsy finally has 1 thing and people wanna nerf...
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 06:03:43  
I think the beastmaster should have NO rights to the NM because he shouldn't be allowed to get 90%+ dmg reduction for his LOLpet and take 10x longer than any other person in the game. Does this make me an ***? maybe. I knew a bunch of emo lolbst would attack me in this thread, but whatever.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-11 06:04:17  
Soloing in Abyssea is extremely inefficient. I love how all the people who are in opposition are casuals who are taking 8 years to kill a single damn NM and wasting others time.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 06:05:34  
How about all you beasts pick different mobs or go farm TEs and wait for everyone else to finish. I wouldn't care if no one was there and the NM was free. Seems like you just wanted to complain in the bst forums and have all your bst friends agree with you? lol

When someone (me) brings up a very valid and rational response/rebuttal, you dismiss me as hostile and tell me to go talk to SE. This is a forum, where discussions/arguments/debates happen.
You opened up with a pile of cussing which was why a mod nuked it. The person I called a twit is crying for a nerf bat. Plenty of way to fix it without invalidating entire gear sets and I told you to suggest one, and gave you a simple one off the top of my head. Nerf bat is always bad news. You let loose like I personally held your NM to waste your day. I HAVE had to change to a different target or farm TE etc when I ran into someone else already fighting it. If some bst was there 1st? To bad man, its no different than another job/slow group was there 1st. The same thing happens if your there 1st and I'm on bst; I move on or wait however long it takes you. I'm not saying hours and hours is reasonable even though you keep acting like it, I've said THIS is NOT the way to fix it, its the way to ruin a bunch of people's hard work over a minority of players.

And my "bst friends"? Yeah we have a worldwide conspiracy man, I was here farming [+] while making plans to hold all your NMs. I came here to let off steam about an possible impending overkill nerf, because SE always goes to far or not far enough and has yet to meet the middle ground. And as late as I've been up its a miracle I'm even partially coherent.

Quote:
I knew a bunch of emo lolbst would attack me in this thread, but whatever.
So basically you only posted to troll and flame bait a bunch of bst.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 06:06:13  
Valefor.Zolan said:
fine take it, I can solo the same nms on rdm in alot more time... So it would only make you wait longer... That'll show us for taking too long having to take longer... bsy finally has 1 thing and people wanna nerf...

You guys are so emo lol. You can't solo the same NMs on rdm (before they rage).
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 06:13:13  
Valefor.Forgotten said:

You opened up with a pile of cussing which was why a mod nuked it. The person I called a twit is crying for a nerf bat. Plenty of way to fix it without invalidating entire gear sets and I told you to suggest one, and gave you a simple one off the top of my head. Nerf bat is always bad news. You let loose like I personally held your NM to waste your day. I HAVE had to change to a different target or farm TE etc when I ran into someone else already fighting it. If some bst was there 1st? To bad man, its no different than another job/slow group was there 1st. The same thing happens if your there 1st and I'm on bst; I move on or wait however long it takes you. I'm not saying hours and hours is reasonable even though you keep acting like it, I've said THIS is NOT the way to fix it, its the way to ruin a bunch of people's hard work over a minority of players.

And my "bst friends"? Yeah we have a worldwide conspiracy man, I was here farming [+] while making plans to hold all your NMs. I came here to let off steam about an possible impending overkill nerf, because SE always goes to far or not far enough and has yet to meet the middle ground. And as late as I've been up its a miracle I'm even partially coherent.

Quote:
I knew a bunch of emo lolbst would attack me in this thread, but whatever.
So basically you only posted to troll and flame bait a bunch of bst.

Bolded part: You beasts are the minority, sorry to break the news...

I said two curse words, for emphasis rofl. the F word and Ahole word. I have no clue why the mod nuked it, trigger happy or bored. I was giving you our perspective, since all you seemed to acknowledge is your own "I wanna solo on bst, I put all this work into a gamebreaking -90% PDT gearset"

I don't know why you feel a pet should be able to reach these ridiculous levels of PDT. The only thing it does is allow a niche group (bst) to waste the time of the majority of the player base. Am I wrong?

SE will choose to make 95 people happy and 5 upset before they make 5 happy and 95 upset. Simple. If beast could kill something in a reasonable amount of time, no one would have a problem with them soloing NMs. But this is about reaching 90 or 100% PDT. Which is a means to extend the fight to ridiculous lengths so you are able to solo it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-11 06:25:57  
Valefor.Forgotten said:

You know if SE nerfs it they aren't going to just nerf it down to something like 75% either, they'll totally make the effort we put into collecting gear to get closer to 100 into a total waste because ducal guard atma alone will be at the cap if this moron gets their way. If that happens I'm really gonna want some hours of my life back. Recent hours >.<

Not gonna take any sides on the argument, but this isn't a first. Relics got nerfed, and I sure didn't get any of my time back, same with any other thing that got nerfed in the past, so QQing won't grab much sympathy from anyone who isn't a BST.
That said, one person demanding a nerf on those boards isn't realistically going to make SE nerf it.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 06:27:45  
Quote:
I was giving you our perspective, since all you seemed to acknowledge is your own "I wanna solo on bst, I put all this work into a gamebreaking -90% PDT gearset"

I don't know why you feel a pet should be able to reach these ridiculous levels of PDT. The only thing it does is allow a niche group (bst) to waste the time of the majority of the player base. Am I wrong?
Either trolling me or didn't read. Let me highlight where you went wrong.
Right_in_the_OP said:
Right_in_preceeding_post said:
I came here to let off steam about an possible impending overkill nerf, because SE always goes to far or not far enough and has yet to meet the middle ground.

Quote:
Should beastmaster be allowed to get 90-100% damage reduction for their pet
An 80% cap for everybody, not just pets would be fine. Or even 70. Hey, 66% for a 2/3 damage reduction. The person that started this was calling for a cap of 50% on pets. And after posting here I get told any job can make it past 50...Why should I accept 50? 50 is just to low to make the gear we worked for worth having.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 06:30:01  
Bolded part: You beasts are the minority, sorry to break the news...
You knew dang well I was saying the people on long solo's are a minority.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-05-11 06:31:56  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Soloing in Abyssea is extremely inefficient. I love how all the people who are in opposition are casuals who are taking 8 years to kill a single damn NM and wasting others time.
It's not about efficiency, it's about doing things.

What is efficient for you isn't for someone else, that's part of a MMO, having different situations.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Niusha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Niusha
By Carbuncle.Niusha 2011-05-11 06:32:32  
"I don't know why you feel a pet should be able to reach these ridiculous levels of PDT. The only thing it does is allow a niche group (bst) to waste the time of the majority of the player base. Am I wrong?"

yes. the whole point of bst is to solo ***. how often do you really get inconvenienced by a bst soloing a boss in abyssea? it's literally never happened to me, and even if it did, i'd just go kill something else until they were done, or offer to help them kill if i knew them.

"SE will choose to make 95 people happy and 5 upset before they make 5 happy and 95 upset."

so SE should completely take away bst's ability to solo anything other than weak mobs, so you don't have to very rarely wait a while to pop a NM? yeah, that's fair.

just cause you can kill something quickly, doesn't mean you have any more right to it than someone else. especially when a bst will only ever have one pop before they move on...
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9