First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-12 14:11:22  
Shiva.Nikolce said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
barspells aren't permanent they do wear fyi.

yeah but you don't have to cram your head up the mobs rump to put them back up lol idk why all taru whms think that's the proper location for bar spell application, you aint applying Preperation H

Nik have you secretly joined my server on some mule and go around watching me play? What could possibly make you think you know how I play? How could you possibly think all Taru WHMs play the same? Such strange assumptions you make it's mind numbing.

I'm sorry you play with some bad players that happen to be Taru that doesn't mean everyone else is bad. We get within range to barspell when needed we don't make out with the NM.

Shiva.Nikolce said:

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
especially when you're lagging on getting a reading for proc etc

tisk tisk tisk you see, that right there should have told you, you're doing it wrong.

doing it wrong would imply you have any control over abyssite of discernment procing to give you a reading, again please enlighten us.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-12 14:13:28  
considering that he thinks that any use of misery = fulltime misery in every situation, it's not surprising.

anyway if you guys are just going to argue about semantics now, i think we're done.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-12 14:19:40  
yea sorry for the spam i should stop replying
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-05-12 15:01:40  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
considering that he thinks that any use of misery = fulltime misery in every situation, it's not surprising. anyway if you guys are just going to argue about semantics now, i think we're done.

The op quit the game and checked himself into mental health facility a long time ago.

You guys have all been playing whm for a long time. You expect someone who is brand new to white mage to be able flip back and forth effectively between misery and solace while /sch buffing and dodging in and out of AoE on aby nms? What brand of glue are you guys huffing?

My advice is hang back, learn the ropes, pl for a bit, take it slow & easy. You guys want him to slash the gordian knot of whm while riding a tricycle through a ring of fire before he has learned to tie his own shoelaces.

/em gives the shame finger

And yes tweek I am watching you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-05-12 15:04:42  
Shiva.Nikolce said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
considering that he thinks that any use of misery = fulltime misery in every situation, it's not surprising. anyway if you guys are just going to argue about semantics now, i think we're done.

The op quit the game and checked himself into mental health facility a long time ago.

You guys have all been playing whm for a long time. You expect someone who is brand new to white mage to be able flip back and forth effectively between misery and solace while /sch buffing and dodging in and out of AoE on aby nms? What brand of glue are you guys huffing?

My advice is hang back, learn the ropes, pl for a bit, take it slow & easy. You guys want him to slash the gordian knot of whm while riding a tricycle through a ring of fire before he has learned to tie his own shoelaces.

/em gives the shame finger

And yes tweek I am watching you.

wow @.@
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-12 15:05:20  
there's a difference between suggesting what is best and expecting someone to live up to those standards immediately.

and for the record, this all started because you started calling people stupid at the sheer mention of misery. now you're trying to turn it around like we're expecting too much out of a beginner whm. try harder.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-05-12 15:17:07  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
there's a difference between suggesting what is best and expecting someone to live up to those standards immediately. and for the record, this all started because you started calling people stupid at the sheer mention of misery. now you're trying to turn it around like we're expecting too much out of a beginner whm. try harder.

I never suggested you were stupid, only that I was lazy and tired of wasting my time casting paralyna and silena on you when you stand next to the mob with your thumb up your rear flipping through your /sch books with misery on.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-12 15:19:36  
he's a BLM main, he's not new to the game I doubt it's gonna take him long to get used to stuff. if he was brand new MMOs or brand new to XI (or maybe even new to mage) it would be different

Nik what is your main? don't say BLM or SAM pls
 Unicorn.Aleste
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Aleste
By Unicorn.Aleste 2011-05-12 15:32:32  
In all fairness,

there's a difference between being in melee range 100% of the time with your club out and full timing misery

and running into aoe range to use a misery->esuna->solace macro or to reapply worn buffs.

Good whitemages learn which mobs they can handle through experience and playing it smart.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-05-12 15:39:36  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Nik what is your main? don't say BLM or SAM pls

blm/sam dd ftw!!! I full time seigan with my dark staff and never use meditate because i think its cheating

I play a lazy whm who leveled smn to help people out with cop, pld to help out tank when our main tank got tied up at work, sam/thf for farming or when someone needs an extra dd to kill stuff, my son leveled pup for funsies, and I have been screwing around with blm recently because I like blowing things up. I'm whatever people need me to be.

But my main job is upsetting people up on the forums apparantly.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-12 15:39:38  
Shiva.Nikolce said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
there's a difference between suggesting what is best and expecting someone to live up to those standards immediately. and for the record, this all started because you started calling people stupid at the sheer mention of misery. now you're trying to turn it around like we're expecting too much out of a beginner whm. try harder.

I never suggested you were stupid, only that I was lazy and tired of wasting my time casting paralyna and silena on you when you stand next to the mob with your thumb up your rear flipping through your /sch books with misery on.
yes because using misery SITUATIONALLY means that you are always in range during paralyga and silencega.

thanks for not reading any arguments, changing your own arguments, and pretending that whms who are better than you are actually shitty.

"lalala i can't hear you" may work when you're a kid, but it's not a valid argument.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-05-12 15:49:43  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
yes because using misery SITUATIONALLY means that you are always in range during paralyga and silencega. thanks for not reading any arguments, changing your own arguments, and pretending that whms who are better than you are actually shitty. "lalala i can't hear you" may work when you're a kid, but it's not a valid argument.

You're cracking up, I advise you to take a hot bath.
If the things I say didn't apply to you, why would you get offended?
defensive much?
/trollface
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-12 15:49:55  
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2011-05-12 17:35:58  
I figured giving good advice for any job to someone new at that job can't be a bad thing, especially if others read the thread and get ideas they haven't implemented yet. Can't have too much information, right? And if it is too much info, anyone reading would skip or ignore it.
 Cerberus.Liandaru
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-05-12 18:47:35  
Number one: "He's" a "she" <.<

Number two: Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to keep this thread bookmarked to flip through. I really need it. I leveled whm enough to sub for blm, then shelved it. never bought gear, never macroed past party heal macros.

I've got my eyes on that Noble's stuff. None in the AH atm, but that's going to be my next purchase. Definitely worth it.

Does <stal> work in single party situations or just in alliance?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-05-12 18:55:37  
<stal> will work in either, it allows you to target anyone in your alliance or party. One caveat, if you're really used to using F-keys to target party members, you won't be able to when you use <stal> or <stpt>. It doesn't bother some people but I personally can't stand it which is why I don't use it.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-12 19:54:21  
Cerberus.Liandaru said:
I've got my eyes on that Noble's stuff. None in the AH atm, but that's going to be my next purchase. Definitely worth it.

to clarify. It's Noble body the rest is Blessed they look similarishness

Noble's Tunic (Body)
Blessed Mitts (Hands)
Blessed Trousers (Legs)
Blessed Pumps (Feet)

Cerberus.Liandaru said:

<stpt> is for Party only
<stal> works for the entire alliance (your party included) It puts the little <st> (blue arrow) on your party/alli list so you can hit up and down where as <st> only puts the blue arrow above the actual character. I use a controller so I really like it.
 Shiva.Msthief
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-12 20:50:08  
Alright so I skimmed the second page and skipped the third page.

I just had to say I was lmao - everyone I have ever met that was a career white mage was like the nicest person ever. Except for one who's a gigantic ***, but that beside the point. I really had a good time when you guys started going at it, kind of like a mind-***.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-12 22:19:25  
Cerberus.Liandaru said:
Number one: "He's" a "she" <.<

Number two: Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to keep this thread bookmarked to flip through. I really need it. I leveled whm enough to sub for blm, then shelved it. never bought gear, never macroed past party heal macros.

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:

Surya's staff +2 is worth every minute u spend doing that trial. No other piece of gear will net you so much cure potency in ONE staff for FREE. (Paying mind to your gil situation). Also the Facio is "free" Just sit in on some boss kills in the abyssea zones (the last 3) and earn some trophies ~ Alot of groups will even let you come JUSt for the trophies sincce you are a whm then have a go at your body piece~ Which will save you eh what are they 600K now for a noble's?

Also You should aim for as high cure potency to 50% as you can- the orison earring would be a better piece if you do not have it over the celestial earring..

Serpentes hands /feet are nice to macro in for cures IF you do not have the augur's hands yet~
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-12 22:48:48  
Oh and although I whole-heartedly agree about Surya's, it's far from free. It took me two days with three accounts (DD and Blm/retrace ***) to finish it up. I could have made a couple mil in that time, so it depends on your capability to make money - but please don't call it free.
 Cerberus.Liandaru
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-05-13 05:55:27  
I think what I'm going to do, is get whm leveled first. I'm leveling/skilling in Abyssea. Getting the experience healing alliances and stuff. I may run out to Valkurm tonight and pick on a random party to PL. As I see the Nobles/Blessed items in the AH I'm going to eat them up. I may go work on that staff too once I get some time. And thank you THANK YOU for the <stal>. It made healing everyone so much easier! I can't believe I've played this long and didn't know about that!

Are there any must have (will carry me through 90+) AF and Relic pieces I should work toward? Or should I stick with the Blessed, Nobles and Orison?
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-05-13 06:47:03  
Please, please, please use <stal> and tell your friends about it.

I know a few WHM who refuse to use it and complain about gear swaps, going as far as to say that I should stop changing gear at all.

Nothing a WHM can say has ever made me nerd rage more.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-13 06:49:39  
Asura.Leonlionheart said:
I know a few WHM who refuse to use it and complain about gear swaps, going as far as to say that I should stop changing gear at all.

Nothing a WHM can say has ever made me nerd rage more.

I was like that until I started using blinkmenot. Tell them to use it, if they don't play on a computer then tell them to play on a computer because all other platforms are seriously inferior.
 Cerberus.Liandaru
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-05-13 06:52:50  
I think my blinkmenot isn't working. I swear I have it installed and stuff, but people still blink on me if I click on them to heal and they gearchange. I must not be doing it right.
By Artemicion 2011-05-13 06:58:22  
Cerberus.Liandaru said:
I think my blinkmenot isn't working. I swear I have it installed and stuff, but people still blink on me if I click on them to heal and they gearchange. I must not be doing it right.

It was broken by the latest update.
There's a new version out fixing it here
 Cerberus.Liandaru
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-05-13 07:02:58  
Thank you very much!
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-05-13 07:03:48  
PS2 and xbox be damned, but a lot of people really enjoy playing on them. You can't say that you haven't been screwed over before because windows decided to update itself.

Although even with blinkmenot I still personally use <stal> for everything, even haste since it won't go out of party anyway. Only thing I don't use it for is when I type up commands in which case I use <p1> <p2> etc., usually for paralyna and stona and the like.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-05-13 08:27:59  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Alright so I skimmed the second page and skipped the third page. I just had to say I was lmao - everyone I have ever met that was a career white mage was like the nicest person ever. Except for one who's a gigantic ***, but that beside the point. I really had a good time when you guys started going at it, kind of like a mind-***.

I totally resemble that remark, don't be afraid to tell us how you really feel.

It's dirt simple, we got us a new 66 whm here that we are trying to show the ropes too but rather than simply explain <stal> and "Go get the dryad staff off Roc" we got us some emo tarus busy with lecturing about the Surya's staff +2 and misery na spells on the fly with ga spamming nms.

Go get the dryad staff off Roc, it's gigantic *** approved for your level.
 Bahamut.Alukat
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-05-13 08:43:49  
<p0> Targets self
<p1> ... <p5> Targets second party member, and so on to <p5>

<a10> ... <a15> Targets top most alliance, first member, and so on to <a15>

<a20> ... <a25> Targets second alliance, first member, and so on to to <a25>
By Reikouki 2011-05-13 08:43:52  
Cerberus.Liandaru said:
I think what I'm going to do, is get whm leveled first. I'm leveling/skilling in Abyssea. Getting the experience healing alliances and stuff. I may run out to Valkurm tonight and pick on a random party to PL. As I see the Nobles/Blessed items in the AH I'm going to eat them up. I may go work on that staff too once I get some time. And thank you THANK YOU for the <stal>. It made healing everyone so much easier! I can't believe I've played this long and didn't know about that! Are there any must have (will carry me through 90+) AF and Relic pieces I should work toward? Or should I stick with the Blessed, Nobles and Orison?

Glad you like <stal>, it's really my preferred way to heal, buff or anything for people. Especially at higher levels, ANY experienced players should be gear swapping with just about every macro, and it really helps to not worry about blinks.

Make sure that you actually go to your magic menu or make a seperate macro to cure people out of party, if you do plan to go PL some people, as you won't be able to target them with <stal>.

Orison legs and head are very good, and should be a main focus. A refresh/cure potency >= 11%/enm- facio briault is a really good idea to work towards, but who knows how long it will take(it was about 1/47 for my mule). I think the orison accessories are good as well, back/neck, although a real WHM can correct me there. Relic legs are good macro piece for bar-spells, I don't believe any of the AF is worth backtracking for.